Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2791
Default Re: Well, if Hobson is right it's same old Bungles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
I read the first two posts and stopped. We have talent we need to resign, so it will cost money. Why does everyone think we need a splash? Signing our own who fit our system and then adding players we need is a bad thing?

Call Buffalo and their GM and ask them how Mario Williams is working out
And you didn't even read those fully. I'm asking Hobson to TELL ME where they will actually spend the money they have to spend. That means that since he has such an ear to the ground I don't want the same stuff we talk about...give me examples. We're in agreement that they have the talent and that it should be priority #1, but I have doubts in Mikey and Co. frontloading everyone hand having MJ, Smith, Geno and Dunlap hammered out to start the free agency period. I was looking for Hobson to throw in a nugget about a LB, RB or other need with Cincy ties or ties to Hue Jackson, or that Dunlap's agent is asking for too much (just an example). If you read that article, it sums up what this board thinks but doesn't give us any new leads from someone that is supposed to be in the know. How that got turned into me thinking we need another Mario Williams because there is no talent on the roster is beyond me.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9595

I love how fans will continue to disagree with the way we keep improving. We are good enough to draft our own premier players but yet re-signing those guys isn't a good enough plan.

We dominate the draft. Free agency blows this year anyways.

Last edited by ExtraNirvana; 02-09-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16492

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraNirvana View Post
1.) I love how fans will continue to disagree with the way we keep improving. 2.) We are good enough to draft our own premier players but yet re-signing those guys isn't a good enough plan.

3.) We dominate the draft. Free agency blows this year anyways.
1.) We haven't improved. We still haven't won a single playoff a game. If you consider making the playoffs an improvement we did that just last season. If you consider 10 wins an improvement we did that in 2009. We won more game in 2005. Where is this improvement? Is it some imaginary criteria you've created in your head?

2.) If we resigning all of those guys puts us at the cap then that's fine. What's not fine is not spending the same amount as our peers. I might add, with all of these "premiere players" it's absolutely amazing that this franchise continues the league's longest playoff win drought. We're not talking about winning a title either. Just a single playoff win. You can luck your way into one or two of those every decade or so. Combine that with these premiere players and we have the worst luck of all time to hit organized sports.

3.)I actually laughed at this. Seriously. "Dominate the draft", huh? Wow. Just wow. So if drafting, and not free agency, is the way to build team... And we DOMINATED it... then how is this team so mediocre. Please, do tell.

Last edited by Toast Jones; 02-09-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8199
bengals Re: Well, if Hobson is right it's same old Bungles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
1.) We haven't improved. We still haven't won a single playoff a game. If you consider making the playoffs an improvement we did that just last season. If you consider 10 wins an improvement we did that in 2009. We won more game in 2005. Where is this improvement? Is it some imaginary criteria you've created in your head?

2.) If we resigning all of those guys puts us at the cap then that's fine. What's not fine is not spending the same amount as our peers. I might add, with all of these "premiere players" it's absolutely amazing that this franchise continues the league's longest playoff win drought. We're not talking about winning a title either. Just a single playoff win. You can luck your way into one or two of those every decade or so. Combine that with these premiere players and we have the worst luck of all time to hit organized sports.

3.)I actually laughed at this. Seriously. "Dominate the draft", huh? Wow. Just wow. So if drafting, and not free agency, is the way to build team... And we DOMINATED it... then how is this team so mediocre. Please, do tell.

You're on a rampage tonight!

0-5 Postseason, 6-19 Prime Time, 93-91-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
- - - - -

"Why hello there Antonio..."
Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

Quote:

So by accomplishing something that hasnt been done in almost 20 years(back 2 back playoff appearences) we havent improved? There's a consistency in this team that we have seriously lacked in the last few decades. Were not going 11-5 one year only to follow it up with a mediocre 8-8 season. There's still a lot of room for improvement but this team has taken some serious strides in the last 4 seasons.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24280

Quote:

1) Reaching the playoffs and winning 10 games consistently certainly is a sign of improvement.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
1) Reaching the playoffs and winning 10 games consistently certainly is a sign of improvement.
We only won 9 games last year and finished 3rd in the division. The main reason we made the playoffs was due to an abnormally weak AFC.

The only consistency this team has is losing embarrassingly in the playoffs every time we've gotten there under ML.

We've improved, sure, but this improvement isn't something I would brag about.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
We only won 9 games last year and finished 3rd in the division. The main reason we made the playoffs was due to an abnormally weak AFC.

The only consistency this team has is losing embarrassingly in the playoffs every time we've gotten there under ML.

It all has to start somewhere. Guess it all comes down to perspective. Are you a half empty or half full person? I guess if there were a text book for such things then it would not be near as much fun and anyone could do it.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9595

Quote:

2009 is a different offense and we made the playoffs. Then in 2010 we regressed and dismantled the offense. 2011 We drafted Dalton and Green. A QB and a wideout that will lead The Bengals to the playoffs for the next 2 years. (dominating the draft.) This is an improvement because we haven't made the playoffs 2 years in a row in decades. Imaginary history 101.

We don't need to sign a bunch of players who are going to eat up our cap when we clearly like the guys in the builiding already. We have so much cap because we are waiting until we can start spending on our own guys. Its not rocket science (not for most anyways.) Most of them are still under contract and haven't had the chance to negotiate a new contract yet. The proof is in the pudding with all of our improvements and by looking at our fellow peers who don't spend as much. They don't overpay because it will bite them in the *** when they want to re-sign their own talent. Such as New England and Pittaburgh.

Since your new to football ill explain what a prospect in development is. You see when a coach scouts a player and drafts him they see something called potential. That potential takes time to develop. Its not an instant process which is hard to fathom I know. It takes patience.

But, hey if you want to keep telling me I'm wrong I'll keep smiling as we improve while you can tell us how the way we are improving is wrong. I guess you got your excuse armed and ready if we win a playoff game. Probably one of those games you just get lucky and stumble across more points then the opposing team.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
We won 10 games one year in a row. How on earth are we winning 10 games "consistently"?

We don't make the playoffs consistently. People use a small window and act like we're the model for reaching the playoffs. We're not. Hell, we shouldn't have made the playoffs last year. And had Baltimore played their starters this year in the final game, there would have been no improvement record wise.

If "Frank" has been late to work 19 times in the last 23 days, but he made it on time the last two days in row, and 3 of the last 4, would you say he consistently shows up on time?

If Hyundai has made a number of lemons dating back two decades, but in the last two years they've produced above average cars, and in 3 of the last 4 as well, would they be consider a "consistent" producer of fine automobiles? Keep in mind, just two years ago they produced one of the worst cars to hit the market.

I think the word more appropriate would "trend". And I hope it continues. But this is not yet a theme for this franchise. They are not consistent at anything other not winning playoff games, and not spending anywhere near their peers.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraNirvana View Post

1.) We don't need to sign a bunch of players who are going to eat up our cap when we clearly like the guys in the builiding already. We have so much cap because we are waiting until we can start spending on our own guys. Its not rocket science (not for most anyways.) Most of them are still under contract and haven't had the chance to negotiate a new contract yet. The proof is in the pudding with all of our improvements and by looking at our fellow peers who don't spend as much. They don't overpay because it will bite them in the *** when they want to re-sign their own talent. Such as New England and Pittaburgh.

2.) Since your new to football ill explain what a prospect in development is. You see when a coach scouts a player and drafts him they see something called potential. That potential takes time to develop. Its not an instant process which is hard to fathom I know. It takes patience.
1.) Like I just said in the last post, if we spend to cap then I'm ok with that. As long we spend as much as our competition, and use every dollar available to us to make our team successful. Also, I'm not calling for any massive investments. Nor do I think anything I've suggested would be "wasting" money.

Pittsburgh doesn't spend much in free agency because they're can't. They draft so well that not only are a lot of the guys retained, but once they are they're already maxed out. You can't say we're doing the same thing when our "max" is 80% of cap.

On New England, you have zero clue what the hell you're talking about. They just signed Brandon Loyd this year. They've traded for guys like Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Corey Dillon. They've brought in help like big name vets like Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau. They even took a flier on Albert Haynesworth for christ sake.

2.) Since you're new to grammar, let me introduce you to the word "you're". Learn it, live it, love it.

On the rest of this nonsense....

Ok, so it takes time for said coach to develop said talent. Fair enough. MARVIN HAS BEEN HERE TEN YEARS!!! How long does this development take exactly?

Our "GM" has been here for 23 years. Our OL coach has been here 19 years. Our TE and DL coach have been here 10 years. Our QB coach has been here 10 years. Our strength and conditioning coach has been here over 10 years. Our DC, who is great, has been here 5 years.

Again, how long is this development supposed to take? Teach me sens'e. How "patient" are fans supposed to be if they want to me as knowledgeable and rational as yourself.

Give me a freaking break.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
So by accomplishing something that hasnt been done in almost 20 years(back 2 back playoff appearences) we havent improved? There's a consistency in this team that we have seriously lacked in the last few decades. Were not going 11-5 one year only to follow it up with a mediocre 8-8 season. There's still a lot of room for improvement but this team has taken some serious strides in the last 4 seasons.
Yeah, we consistently get nowhere in terms of postseason success. We consistently spend less than everyone else.

We haven't won 11 games yet. So how do you know? And I hate to break it to you, but our 9-7 record last year isn't that much different than 8-8. You can't say there is glaring difference. And we would have went 9-7 this year but we got Baltimore resting the starters.

So we haven't even hit the high to see if we'll be brought down yet. This team is a pretty average bunch. They're slightly above .500 both years and they've gotten embarrassed in the playoffs. Pretty mediocre to me.

Last edited by Toast Jones; 02-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20460

Quote:
Yeah, we consistently get nowhere in terms of postseason success. We consistently spend less than everyone else.

We haven't won 11 games yet. So how do you know? And I hate to break it to you, but our 9-7 record last year isn't that much different than 8-8. You can't say there is glaring difference. And we would have went 9-7 this year but we got Baltimore resting the starters.

So we haven't even hit the high to see if we'll be brought down yet. This team is a pretty average bunch. They're slightly above .500 both years and they've gotten embarrassed in the playoffs. Pretty mediocre to me.
Dont forget our offense hardly improved, and in some areas like sacks given up and 3rd down conversion rates, we wereone of the bottom O's out there. Why some people would be against bringing in proven talent to help improve the offense if it can be done, I just dont get that.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

People get so worked up about not signing mega deals with big names. Who is the best pass rusher in FA? Michael Johnson; they're going to do everything they can to get him back. Who is the top RT in FA? Andre Smith; they're going to focus on bringing him back. Who is the best DT in the league? Arguably Geno Smith, a lot of that money is going to be used on his extension which will be a mega deal for a big name. Where would Dunlap rank if he hit the open market, probably pretty high due to potential and we are going to work to extend him. Who is the best young WR in football? AJ Green, and he'll be up for extension 12 months from now and if you don't think that will be a mega deal for a mega star then you're nuts. Dalton and Gresham's 2nd deals won't be cheap so they have to keep an eye on them as well. I'd even argue that Burfict will require more money in the not too distant future considering he's playing for peanuts on a UDFA contract. Keeping Pat Sims around might end up a priority and he will cost nearly 3-4 mill per.

This team is full of young stars but fans need that huge name signing or free agency is a bust and the Bengals FO is back to being the Bungals. Have they not made significant strides in recent years as far as personnel goes? Signings like Thomas Howard weren't considered big signings and he has played pretty damn well, same can be said for Pacman, BJGE (not a great lead back but helped get us to the playoffs), Newman, Nelson, Lawson (to a lesser extent); and the other positions we've drafted extremely well. This is working; why blow up the cap because we have th money now? If you spend it now, you don't have it later so you end up losing key guys. I know we live in an "I want it now" culture, but you have to keep a eye on the future.

There are some solid FAs out there; but unless we get Reggie Bush (who has only been decent) and Jairus Byrd, then no one will be happy.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...b-ffc98164c7b1

Basically the usual claptrap about not being players in Free Agency (despite having the most cap room by far in the league). He also doesn't even get the need positions correct.

If this is true we can forget about improvements on the team - it sounds like the front office is still going to do their reactive, WAY too cautious approach to the offseason.
Keys to success to build a great franchise in order of importance (my opinion):

1. Great and consistent drafts
2. Resign your own very good players.
3. Get 2 or 3 free agents from other teams each year. Always buyer beware though because there is a reason these guys are free agents. Are they about the team first? Do they want a big payday, but lack the passion to outplay a big free agent contract. I look at guys like Haynesworth who were awesome all the way until they got paid and then they destroyed the team cap and chemistry.

I like how we are addressing building a dominant team. Would I look at us to find a couple of upgrades with the right free agents at the right positions? Of course I would, but in the end, I want to keep our own (starters and key backups) and add a very good draft on top of the past 3 good drafts.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10924

It isn't even about signing huge names or handing out mega deals. It's about addressing our areas of need and improving. We needed another safety last offseason but didn't address it. We still have the same need this year. We needed a #2 WR last year and still have the same need this year (unless Sanu steps up). We need a new speed back last year too, still need one. Why we never use Free Agency to its best potential baffles me.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post

Do the numbers back of your theory of the AFC was extremely weak in 2012 I did not look up numbers, but I assumer their was a large disparity in games won by the NFC versus the AFC.

Please let us all know. If the numbers prove it, then I will accept your comments.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
People get so worked up about not signing mega deals with big names. Who is the best pass rusher in FA? Michael Johnson; they're going to do everything they can to get him back. Who is the top RT in FA? Andre Smith; they're going to focus on bringing him back. Who is the best DT in the league? Arguably Geno Smith, a lot of that money is going to be used on his extension which will be a mega deal for a big name. Where would Dunlap rank if he hit the open market, probably pretty high due to potential and we are going to work to extend him. Who is the best young WR in football? AJ Green, and he'll be up for extension 12 months from now and if you don't think that will be a mega deal for a mega star then you're nuts. Dalton and Gresham's 2nd deals won't be cheap so they have to keep an eye on them as well. I'd even argue that Burfict will require more money in the not too distant future considering he's playing for peanuts on a UDFA contract. Keeping Pat Sims around might end up a priority and he will cost nearly 3-4 mill per.

This team is full of young stars but fans need that huge name signing or free agency is a bust and the Bengals FO is back to being the Bungals. Have they not made significant strides in recent years as far as personnel goes? Signings like Thomas Howard weren't considered big signings and he has played pretty damn well, same can be said for Pacman, BJGE (not a great lead back but helped get us to the playoffs), Newman, Nelson, Lawson (to a lesser extent); and the other positions we've drafted extremely well. This is working; why blow up the cap because we have th money now? If you spend it now, you don't have it later so you end up losing key guys. I know we live in an "I want it now" culture, but you have to keep a eye on the future.

There are some solid FAs out there; but unless we get Reggie Bush (who has only been decent) and Jairus Byrd, then no one will be happy.
Well put.
The Bengals have drafted so well in the last couple years ,this is the situation that most teams would
like to be in
"how do we go about resigning our own talent that has blossomed into very productive NFL starters?"
How many teams that run a 4-3 would kill to sign MJ in FA?
I bet the Lions would love to have him.
Geno Atkins could start for any defense in the NFL,as a DT or a 3-4 DE
The Bengals very quietly have been one of the better teams at drafting in the last couple years.
No team in the AFC North has out drafted the Bengals in the last 3 years.
some teams draft so poorly,they end trying to use FA has a way to compensate and end up over
paying and being in cap hell.

for those of you griping about the Bengals being the same old "Bungles",you need to rewind back to when
this franchise put its hopes in Gus Ferrotte and Michael Westbrooks.
yeah landing Mike Wallace would be a nice addition.
But if you sign a Mike Wallace,then may not be able to resign a Atkins or Dunlap down the road.
so yeah for the moment,Wallace would turn the Bengals into media darlings.
but if we couldn't resign Atkins to pacify the present,the Bengals would get crucified.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPlaya View Post
Well put.
The Bengals have drafted so well in the last couple years ,this is the situation that most teams would
like to be in
"how do we go about resigning our own talent that has blossomed into very productive NFL starters?"
How many teams that run a 4-3 would kill to sign MJ in FA?
I bet the Lions would love to have him.
Geno Atkins could start for any defense in the NFL,as a DT or a 3-4 DE
The Bengals very quietly have been one of the better teams at drafting in the last couple years.
No team in the AFC North has out drafted the Bengals in the last 3 years.
some teams draft so poorly,they end trying to use FA has a way to compensate and end up over
paying and being in cap hell.

for those of you griping about the Bengals being the same old "Bungles",you need to rewind back to when
this franchise put its hopes in Gus Ferrotte and Michael Westbrooks.
yeah landing Mike Wallace would be a nice addition.
But if you sign a Mike Wallace,then may not be able to resign a Atkins or Dunlap down the road.
so yeah for the moment,Wallace would turn the Bengals into media darlings.
but if we couldn't resign Atkins to pacify the present,the Bengals would get crucified.
Great post, i could not agree more with the bolded and underlined above.

Last edited by Luvnit2; 02-09-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Why do people act like we can only resign our own or we can only spend money in free agency? You can do both. We can afford to resign our guys and make a modest "splash" in free agency. You all read way too many Hobson and and Reedy fluff pieces.

I also love that there is no approach in between signing a Jamal Anderson and signing a Mario Williams. That people that want some quality players brought in automatically want someone like Mike Wallace.

Are we the only team tha has to resign their own? How do other teams do it?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
Actually... Tampa Bay's offense went from 27th overall in 2011 to 9th overall, 10th in passing, 15th in rushing, and 13th in scoring in 2012 (all better than the Bengals except for scoring, the Bengals were 12th). Probably in large part due to Vincent Jackson's career year. They also improved from 4-12 to 7-9, which is 2 more games of improvement than the Bengals.

While Buffalo's improvement isn't quite as large, they did go from 30th overall to 22nd overall on defense, which an 8 spot improvement is still nothing to scoff at.

Man, just a little bit of internet research could have kept you from looking REALLY dumb.
You call others dumb, yet don't do your won research.

Tampa - 2010 10-6
2011 - 4-12
2012 - 7-9

Bengals 2010 - 4-12
2011 - 9-7
2012 - 10-6

Seriously, please explain why you think Tampa is on the upswing and the bengals are not because I am very confused. Vincent Jackson did improve their offense, but not wins vesus 2010. They are still lagging way behind the Bengals progress.

I would love us to sign one big name free agent, but I don't think it instantly catupults us into the Super Bowl either. Given great drafting ot adding big name free agents, I choose build through the draft first.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20460

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
It isn't even about signing huge names or handing out mega deals. It's about addressing our areas of need and improving. We needed another safety last offseason but didn't address it. We still have the same need this year. We needed a #2 WR last year and still have the same need this year (unless Sanu steps up). We need a new speed back last year too, still need one. Why we never use Free Agency to its best potential baffles me.

Pretty much how I feel. If a top quality center somehow becomes available, then I hope we make an effort for him while dumping Cook to help offset the $ there. When it comes to WR, I don't really as much as finding a #2 receiver in free agency, but what I would hope that happens is bringing in a free agent or two to replace Tate & Whalen that would help improve the quality of depth there.

Same at running back too. I hope we draft one high up, but at the same time I wouldnt mind seeing a free agent brought in to that would be an upgrade over Leonard, which cant be that hard to do. Or unless of course Herron could be that #3 rb this year.

This team, mainly the offense, is still a couple of players away from getting over that hump of winning in the playoffs. And the best way to get over that hump for 2013 is bringing in some proven talent through free agency. And as you said, doesnt have to be mega names and huge deals either. Just has to be some good talent that would be an upgrade at certain positions we need it at.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 02-09-2013, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
So people like me who have spent half my life without the Bengals winning a single playoff game are "I want it now" people? Really?

Here's something most people don't seem to understand: a long-term plan is fantastic but there's no promise that this magical future some people have in their minds will actually happen. What if Atkins or Green don't want to be here and leave? Where's your long-term plan then? It is possible to try and win now and in the future and putting all your eggs in one basket is begging for trouble.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
We won 10 games one year in a row. How on earth are we winning 10 games "consistently"?

We don't make the playoffs consistently. People use a small window and act like we're the model for reaching the playoffs. We're not. Hell, we shouldn't have made the playoffs last year. And had Baltimore played their starters this year in the final game, there would have been no improvement record wise.

If "Frank" has been late to work 19 times in the last 23 days, but he made it on time the last two days in row, and 3 of the last 4, would you say he consistently shows up on time?

If Hyundai has made a number of lemons dating back two decades, but in the last two years they've produced above average cars, and in 3 of the last 4 as well, would they be consider a "consistent" producer of fine automobiles? Keep in mind, just two years ago they produced one of the worst cars to hit the market.

I think the word more appropriate would "trend". And I hope it continues. But this is not yet a theme for this franchise. They are not consistent at anything other not winning playoff games, and not spending anywhere near their peers.
We get it Toast ...you hate everything about the team and like nothing they do. You would probably rather see them spend a bunch of money on big names that ended up not producing then to see them find a gem like Gilberry for a little money.

It must be because you continue to to go back to"spending"less than their peers as if a dollar figure is a guarantee for success. Funny but I have always thought if you could get results with less dollars spent that it was a good business move.

I have never really researched it much but from casual observation it would appear that for every big money signing that actually shows concrete dividends (minus Q that you probably have two or more that produce less than the expected results.

There is not a right way or a wrong way as I see it.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil413 View Post
And you didn't even read those fully. I'm asking Hobson to TELL ME where they will actually spend the money they have to spend. That means that since he has such an ear to the ground I don't want the same stuff we talk about...give me examples. We're in agreement that they have the talent and that it should be priority #1, but I have doubts in Mikey and Co. frontloading everyone hand having MJ, Smith, Geno and Dunlap hammered out to start the free agency period. I was looking for Hobson to throw in a nugget about a LB, RB or other need with Cincy ties or ties to Hue Jackson, or that Dunlap's agent is asking for too much (just an example). If you read that article, it sums up what this board thinks but doesn't give us any new leads from someone that is supposed to be in the know. How that got turned into me thinking we need another Mario Williams because there is no talent on the roster is beyond me.
Why does Hobson or anybody else have to tell you what they're going to do?

Do you have some sort of veto power or some sort of stamp of approval that is required in order for them to proceed with their plan?