Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
Default 10 minute mock. your thoughts?

Resign:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims.
FA:
WR Domenik Hixon/Brian Hartline-I'd take either one of these two. Both would be great additions in our WR group.
QB Matt Moore-I think Matt has the potential to be a stud in this league
DE Lawrence Jackson-Former 1st round pick, we love 1st round picks, and he had a solid year of production this year in detroit. Good pick up here.
CB Antoine Cason-Tall, long armed, fast, physical corner. Cason is a beast and zimmer would love him.
KR Ted Ginn Jr- Ginns electric and argueably the fastest player in the league. Let tell tate to get F***ed and bring in Ginn. He'd be epic.

what about this....
1.Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee
2a. DJ Fluker OT/OG Alabama
2b. Andre Ellington RB Clemson
3. Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
4. DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina
5.David Bass DE Western Missouri
6a. Vince Williams MLB/SLB Florida State
6b. Zach Stacy RB Vanderbilt

UDFA Marquiss Wilson WR WSU
UDFA Sean Renfree QB Duke
UDFA Tyran Mathieu DB LSU (some dont think he'll fall this far but burfict was the number 1 high school recruit and a first round mlb and he went undrafted so it wouldnt surprise me if he fell this far...here i think its worth the risk).

this would be sick too right?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: 10 minute mock. your thoughts?

If were gonna pick an lineman at 2a, no to Fluker, yes to Jones/Frederick.
If Swearinger lasts that long, could be a great steal.
just make that sub in at 2a and is would be one fine draft.

Oh and Hartline over Hixon IMO, in fact why would we need Patterson if you want a
WR in FA?

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
If were gonna pick an lineman at 2a, no to Fluker, yes to Jones/Frederick.
If Swearinger lasts that long, could be a great steal.
just make that sub in at 2a and is would be one fine draft.

Oh and Hartline over Hixon IMO, in fact why would we need Patterson if you want a
WR in FA?
Hartline and hixon are of nowhere near the talent of patterson..much rather have patterson oppo of green than hixon or hartline. i have us signing a FA to add depth to our WR.
Green
Patterson
Sanu
Jones
Hartline
Hawkins
that looks legit to me bud.
as for fluker. fluker too me is the clear pick he is strictly a right tackle or guard and we have concerns with boling(upgrading the LG) or andre resigning at right tackle. Fluker is an all pro by years end at guard imo and with us resigning andre our Oline would be epic with Fluker at guard. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...4143/dj-fluker Fluker is a beast 6'5 355 lbs he is going to be a monster at guard for us and possible beast at RT. i think the Fluker will be the best olineman coming out if he plays gaurd, or right tackle.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Hartline and hixon are of nowhere near the talent of patterson..much rather have patterson oppo of green than hixon or hartline. i have us signing a FA to add depth to our WR.
Green
Patterson
Sanu
Jones
Hartline
Hawkins
as for fluker. fluker too me is the clear pick he is strictly a right tackle or guard and we have concerns with boling(upgrading the LG) or andre resigning at right tackle. Fluker is an all pro by years end at guard imo and with us resigning andre our Oline would be epic with Fluker at guard. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...4143/dj-fluker Fluker is a beast 6'5 355 lbs he is going to be a monster at guard for us and possible beast at RT. i think the Fluker will be the best olineman coming out if he plays gaurd, or right tackle.
Does Fluker have to weigh 355 though? That might worry me.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Resign:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims.
FA:
WR Domenik Hixon/Brian Hartline-I'd take either one of these two. Both would be great additions in our WR group.
DE Lawrence Jackson-Former 1st round pick, we love 1st round picks, and he had a solid year of production this year in detroit. Good pick up here.
CB Antoine Cason-Tall, long armed, fast, physical corner. Cason is a beast and zimmer would love him.
KR Ted Ginn Jr- Ginns electric and argueably the fastest player in the league. Let tell tate to get F***ed and bring in Ginn. He'd be epic.

what about this....

UDFA Tyran Mathieu DB LSU (some dont think he'll fall this far but burfict was the number 1 high school recruit and a first round mlb and he went undrafted so it wouldnt surprise me if he fell this far...here i think its worth the risk).

Burfict fell because he was getting all kinds of personal foul penalties and he also did his drills out of shape.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Green
Patterson
Sanu
Jones
Hartline
Hawkins
I disagree, if we're taking a OG early then I want Larry Warford UK. 6'3 343 didn't give up any sacks last year.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Veteran Member

Fluker too me with that size and his style is the better guard prospect, also b/c he can play rt depending on andre. I like warford tho.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Green
Patterson
Sanu
Jones
Hartline
Hawkins
as for fluker. fluker too me is the clear pick he is strictly a right tackle or guard and we have concerns with boling(upgrading the LG) or andre resigning at right tackle. Fluker is an all pro by years end at guard imo and with us resigning andre our Oline would be epic with Fluker at guard. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...4143/dj-fluker Fluker is a beast 6'5 355 lbs he is going to be a monster at guard for us and possible beast at RT. i think the Fluker will be the best olineman coming out if he plays
gaurd, or right tackle.
That's pretty bold considering 80% of the mocks have Fluker in rounds late 2-3
And if we let Andre go we replace him with the exact same player. Interesting.

And yes I agree that we need to surround Dalton with as many weapons
as possible, but sometimes you need to balance needs other than stockpile, but I see your point.

CINwillWIN is the man

Last edited by Natikid873; 02-10-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Resign:
FA:

what about this....

I agree with the bolded.

Ted Ginn Jr would be a great kick returner to have. He has great speed and would be a huge upgrade over Tate.

I like Ellington's speed, but i think we may try and get Reggie Bush.

I think Swearinger goes before Hodges. Both good picks for the later rounds.

Marquiss Wilson struggles at times with being consistent, but he would be a good pickup in UDFA

Mathieu would also be a good pick in UDFA. He could return kicks if we didn't get Ginn.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24718

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I disagree, if we're taking a OG early then I want Larry Warford UK. 6'3 343 didn't give up any sacks last year.
Agreed. He played very well even when lined up against 1st round caliber DTs like Floyd from UF and Jenkins from Georgia. All while playing for a team lacking in talent and inspiration. I like him better than any guard in this draft.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Resign:
FA:

what about this....

no thanks wr is nowhere near a top need, sanu will be a beastly number 2, if jones develops he'll be a good burner, we underutilized hawkins and we have 2 decent recieving options at te
Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: 10 minute mock. your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
I agree with the bolded.

Ted Ginn Jr would be a great kick returner to have. He has great speed and would be a huge upgrade over Tate.

I like Ellington's speed, but i think we may try and get Reggie Bush.

I think Swearinger goes before Hodges. Both good picks for the later rounds.

Marquiss Wilson struggles at times with being consistent, but he would be a good pickup in UDFA

Mathieu would also be a good pick in UDFA. He could return kicks if we didn't get Ginn.

word. appreciate, i guess im just curious on what u dont like about the late round guys...im sure u can put up a good arguement for fluker and patterson but stacy bass and williams imo are studs and pot starters late in the draft.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
That's pretty bold considering 80% of the mocks have Fluker in rounds late 2-3
And if we let Andre go we replace him with the exact same player. Interesting.

And yes I agree that we need to surround Dalton with as many weapons
as possible, but sometimes you need to balance needs other than stockpile, but I see your point.
Andre is a top 5 RT in the league, if he goes why not replace him with the same player...hmmm "interesting".

CBS has him in 1 or 2, close tho. and fluker with his size would be a better guard than tackle imo and i dont see us not resigning andre. andre at rt and fluker at LG sounds good to me. Imo with fluker where hes at, it would be BPA and our line would be arguabley the best in the league. i c ur point tho
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
Burfict fell because he was getting all kinds of personal foul penalties and he also did his drills out of shape.

does it say somewhere in my mock that burfict fell for other reasons??? cuz ive checked....and IT DOESNT!!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist7 View Post
no thanks wr is nowhere near a top need, sanu will be a beastly number 2, if jones develops he'll be a good burner, we underutilized hawkins and we have 2 decent recieving options at te

who says our first pick in the draft has to be for need or top need that is. cordarelle oppo of green would be epic. no doubting that. I love our WR's but it wouldnt surprise me if they drafted him. we are a good enough team now to draft BPA
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1852

I would be happy with this. Though I prefer a different RB.

Swearinger in the 4th would be great! Hopefully another steal like Geno was!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
I would be happy with this. Though I prefer a different RB.

Swearinger in the 4th would be great! Hopefully another steal like Geno was!
i love swearinger, just hate 15 yrd penalties, if he can control it just a lil bit more in the league he is going to be special. btw who would u rather have a RB in those spots. i think ellington and Stacy would be epic together
Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Andre is a top 5 RT in the league, if he goes why not replace him with the same player...hmmm "interesting".

CBS has him in 1 or 2, close tho. and fluker with his size would be a better guard than tackle imo and i dont see us not resigning andre. andre at rt and fluker at LG sounds good to me. Imo with fluker where hes at, it would be BPA and our line would be arguabley the best in the league. i c ur point tho
It's interesting because I've been neglecting the thought of not even tagging Andre let alone letting him walk and waste a pick on someone we could've resigned considering HE IS a top 5 RT in the league. But if he plays more consistently at LG, I guess it's fine.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1384

Quote:
Resign:
FA:

what about this....

We are hurting at LBer and I don't see any real im provement in what you've drafted. Too muc offense in the top of your draft. Gotta fill the LBer and Safety position with QUALITY players that we hope are starters from day one.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3335

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
We are hurting at LBer and I don't see any real im provement in what you've drafted. Too muc offense in the top of your draft. Gotta fill the LBer and Safety position with QUALITY players that we hope are starters from day one.
I'd beg to differ. Hodges projects to be a pretty well rounded OLB that could play multiple positions. He'd be one of the last OLBs I'd want us to consider, but not my favorite. Swearinger is one heck of a playmaker, but dude is careless at times. He has a great skill set if he can learn to harness his energy.

@ OP:
Patterson, Ellington, and Bass also are good selections. Fluker not so much if we are keeping Andre. But attempting to upgrade the OL with a high pick is never a bad thing. As I said, I'd be ok with Hodges and Swearinger, but I have other personal preferences.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's interesting because I've been neglecting the thought of not even tagging Andre let alone letting him walk and waste a pick on someone we could've resigned considering HE IS a top 5 RT in the league. But if he plays more consistently at LG, I guess it's fine.
id would love to have fluker at lg and resign andre
Whittworth
Fluker
Robinson
Zietler
Smith
that starting 5 would be dominant. I look at the super bowl offensive lines this year and wonder....
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member

btw this was just a draft i honestly threw togerther in 10 min. i just wanted to see the take on going WR 1. i prefer my other mock and direction of it better "cheat sheet to the super bowl". i really like sanu and jones.