Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10819
Default Re: is Vaccaro at 21 realistic?

Watched him, but still like the way Elam attacks better. Think Elam would be perfect in the AFC North.

Cyprien seems more fluid in coverage but waits for ball carrier to get to him it seems.

Plus, believe that if Elam had played another year and they were both seniors. It would not be as close.

But could still live with either one Zimmer likes best. We need a new safety.

Cyprien sounded Jamaican in interview with a Bob Marley look as well. Probably got a great ganja connection. Will be a good thing Jerome is already gone if we draft him.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 76

The only teams that would need a Safety before the 21th pick are Bills, Jets, Titans, Rams and Giants. If the Bills sign Byrd and the Giant sign Phillips that will pretty much takes them out. With the Jets and Titans picking early they should be out so only the Rams remain. I don't think Vaccaro is a SS but people think he can play both safety positions. He is a value at 21 and yes it is possible for him to be there at this point.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1558

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
My biggest worry is that he turned down the Senior Bowl for no apparent reason.
Bfine, what are some of the most common reasons players do that? I've always speculated on that issue, but I don't think I totally understand all the possibilities.

Obviously, avoidance of injury is one, but what are the other concerns?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24188

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
Bfine, what are some of the most common reasons players do that? I've always speculated on that issue, but I don't think I totally understand all the possibilities.

They just dont want to is one....
Focus on getting into combine shape, don't know how well they will fit in the scheme put out there, the fact SrB can be overrated at times and do way too much to hurt a players stock.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Watched him, but still like the way Elam attacks better. Think Elam would be perfect in the AFC North.

Cyprien seems more fluid in coverage but waits for ball carrier to get to him it seems.

Plus, believe that if Elam had played another year and they were both seniors. It would not be as close.

Cyprien sounded Jamaican in interview with a Bob Marley look as well. Probably got a great ganja connection. Will be a good thing Jerome is already gone if we draft him.
That has to be my least favorite phrase in the history of anything.
We need to accept the AFCN isnt what it was. Teams aren't run first in the AFCN anymore. You can't cover Brown, Boldin, Pitta, Smith, Jones, Wallace, Miller....you aren't winning.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22933
bengals Re: is Vaccaro at 21 realistic?

Quote:

I believe the obvious is a poor showing could hurt their draft stock. They are competing against what could be considered an All-Star team in a fashion. I think that is why so many small school invitees jump at the chance because it eases some doubts about competition level. A good example this season is Jonathan Cyprien. He showed up and looked very good against higher competition.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post

Elam is an arm tackler. He looks pretty good until you really start looking at his film. Terrible hands. In the Tennessee game he should have had at least three interceptions. Bray hit him dead in his hands twice without the WR close enough to defense it.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
I just said who my sources are... NFL scouts.
What NFL scouts? Vague answers are usually that way for a reason.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by cin_city4L View Post
Top rated safety and top 5 player in most draft pundits eyes. Is it a longshot for him to fall all the way to us at 21?

I, for one would absolutely love to have him and Reggie occupy the back end for years to come but I just can't see him falling to us that late.

Shawn Williams seems like a solid choice to me in this draft if Elam and McDonald are off the board by the time we want to pick a safety. He reminds me of Sean Taylor 2.0

Discuss
it seems possible, kiper has us taking him in the first
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39345

Quote:

He was the only player to turn it down for no reason. T'eo turned it down for obvious reasons. "just didn't want to attend" like someone suggested earlier is silly. My thought is he is the #1 rated safety in a very talented draft (NFL.COM have Rambo as the 18th ranked Safety at the combine) and he didn't want folks to see how he compared to the others in a week of practices. Almost nobody (if healthy) turns down an invite
Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Quote:

I think if a guy is rated as a first round pick or the best at his position, as Vaccaro is, their agents often advise them to sit it out. They have very little to gain. And basically everything to lose especially if they get hurt.

I think if you tell a guy hey you might lose millions of dollars if you play in this game. They usually choose to pass.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
I think if a guy is rated as a first round pick or the best at his position, as Vaccaro is, their agents often advise them to sit it out. They have very little to gain. And basically everything to lose especially if they get hurt.

I think if you tell a guy hey you might lose millions of dollars if you play in this game. They usually choose to pass.
Pretty much. He had nothing to gain from this.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39345

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post

This is silly. Lots of 1st round prospects showed up and only 1 declined. I cannot think of another prospect that turned down a Senior Bowl invite.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
This is silly. Lots of 1st round prospects showed up and only 1 declined. I cannot think of another prospect that turned down a Senior Bowl invite.
Your right. I should have chose a different word than "usually". And instead said they sometimes chose to pass.

Michael Floyd passed last year.

Geno Smith this year.

It's not that uncommon.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 55
Default Vaccaro?

Are you guys CRAZY or BLIND? Ray Charles can see Safety Vaccaro will be a Big Bust. Go to http://draftbreakdown.com/ and see what Randle did to him!

The fans at UT saw him for 4yrs and he *****! This kid is from a border town in south Texas. He didn't play at a top level high school and the Bengals look at his film also. Marvin won't reach for a safety in the first round! His teammates at UT had to speak with him about showboating after an expected play!

Watch how he lowers his head when tackling! Those will be missed tackles and long runs in the NFL!

The safety from FIU is a much better prospect. I live in Houston and watched him for 4yrs and he's made few IMPACT PLAYS!

Like Marvin always states " The Film Doesn't Lie!"

THE DOCTOR!

Last edited by Houston Bengal; 02-20-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: Vaccaro?

Lord have mercy! So, youre telling me that because.....

1.) He didnt go to a top HIGH SCHOOL that he is going to **** in the NFL? Well ****, I guess if his team isnt a perennial state title team, a school like TEXAS (who is a top tier NCAA Football team) would never touch him. Who gives a crap where he went to school, high school for that matter.

2.) He had a bad game against OK. State and Randle made him look bad. I am pretty sure you could pick one or two games for every single draft prospect in this years class in which they had a bad game. It happens; no one is perfect. Cant have 15 tackles, 5 for loss, 2 sacks, 4 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles and an interception every single game. He is going to miss a couple tackles a game, good RBs tend to make people miss.

3.) Explain to me why he is the BEST SAFETY IN THIS YEARS DRAFT? He is better then everyone in almost all aspects of the Safties game (run support, pass coverage). Is he a big play-maker like Elam or Rambo or some of the other guys? Probably not. Does he get the job done? Absolutely.

Vacarro is a great prospect and I would easily take him at 21 if he is there. I would rather have Elam but Vacarro is right there with him. Just because a kid went to a small high school and had a bad game against one of the top RBs in this years draft doesnt mean he is going to be a BUST! Too many people on these boards watch footage of one game and immediately throw the guy out. One game does not justify a players possible NFL future.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Bengal View Post
Are you guys CRAZY or BLIND? Ray Charles can see Safety Vaccaro will be a Big Bust. Go to http://draftbreakdown.com/ and see what Randle did to him!

The fans at UT saw him for 4yrs and he *****! This kid is from a border town in south Texas. He didn't play at a top level high school and the Bengals look at his film also. Marvin won't reach for a safety in the first round! His teammates at UT had to speak with him about showboating after an expected play!

Watch how he lowers his head when tackling! Those will be missed tackles and long runs in the NFL!

The safety from FIU is a much better prospect. I live in Houston and watched him for 4yrs and he's made few IMPACT PLAYS!

THE DOCTOR!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13411

Quote:

THE DOCTOR!
I am not sure that I am following your logic. You sited a web site that has Vaccaro as the 14th best player in the draft, and are using that as an argument that he is not very good.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Banned

One game review for Vaccaro? There are 5 games on http://draftbreakdown.com/. Get your facts right!

Marvin won't reach for him! He will BUST in St. Louis@ #16!

The FILM doesn't LIE! Marvin Lewis!!

The Doctor!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Hmm....we havent had a draft troll in awhile.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:

THE DOCTOR!
Are you serious. It was one on one and a quick back like Randle actually has an advantage. You go off one play and act like you know anything about it. This is why I get ****** off on this website because couch scouts come on here and act like they know everything about football. Why aren't you a GM, coach or scout then instead of some big mouth bashing a college player? If you don't like Vacarro just say so don't go acting like you know he will be a bust.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13411

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Hmm....we havent had a draft troll in awhile.
^^^^
I think you are looking for the Jungle Noise forum.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
^^^^
I think you are looking for the Jungle Noise forum.
Every so often we get a draft specific troll.
Rare and elusive. But usually fizzles out.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Banned

It's called a MESSAGE OPINION BOARD! STUPID fan!

THE DOCTOR!!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

VACCARO can't out play a DEAD MAN!

Watch his poor combine performanace!

He won't be a BENGAL!

THE DOCTOR!!