Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default FA D, Draft O - FA O, Draft D

Ok Mike, I understand that our FA's are more important so:

Resign - A. Smith, M. Johnson, T. Howard, T. Newman, C. Peerman, A. Jones, B. Gradkowski, W. Gilberry, K. Huber, J. Brown, C. Harris, J. Miles, R. Geathers

Extend - G. Atkins

Cut - K. Cook, T. Mays

Let go - R. Maualuga, M. Lawson, N. Clements, D. Roland, C. Crocker, B. Tate, B. Scott, B. Leonard, R. Quinn, P. Sims, D. Skuta, M. Nugent

Now IMO, we can't fill every single need through either the Draft or FA, so if we split
both sides of the ball up into each category I would like to see it something like this:

FA on D:
Jarius Byrd - S - Buf - If we get a FA S, I want either Byrd or Goldson. SF has less people to sign so I'm thinking Byrd may be more likely to get even though he's more needed in Buf. Our new SS.

Philip Wheeler - OLB - Oak - Wheeler was one of the only bright spots for this horrific defense. And he very well could be a salary cap victim. Our new SAM.

Draft on O-
1. Keenan Allen - WR - CAL
I think by April, Patterson is top 16. Allen would complement Green very well with his excpetional route running and explosiveness after the catch.

2a. Giovani Bernard - RB - UNC
His injury problems are past him, great in the open field and reading holes and getting to the outside quickly. Also has soft hands.

2b. Travis Frederick - C/G - WIS
With FA taking care of our biggest defensive needs, we have the luxury to upgrade our O-line. Primarily a C but has experience at G. Chemistry has already been established with Zietler, and O-Line competition is always a plus unless they're all bad.

3. Gerald Hodges - ILB - PSU
Wheeler was a good signing, but we just have Burfict at MIKE. Depth and can also play WILL if Howard isn't healthy in time.

4. Leon McFadden - CB - SDSU
This guy keeps finding his way into my mocks. A great steal here, Newman has one year left in him and maybe Jones does too. Can never have too many.

FA on O:
Greg Jennings - WR - GB
I'm ready for the critcism on this one. Jennings is a vet with a ring, he won't be asking for big #1 WR money. Heck, I'm not sure who was the #1 on the Pack last year. A vet WR across from A.J. could help both him and Dalton. And I'm assuming his health is cleared.

Brian De La Puente - C - NO
Last year the Saints offered a small deal to Nicks and he left for Tampa, they might do that to either Bushrod or La Puente. He might be a RFA, but he would solidify the C. Wherever Jason is on the boards, he's shaking his head. I still like Robinson, but you can't argue with an upgrade.

Draft on D-
1. Kenny Vacarro - S - TEX
Hands down the best S in the draft. I'm hoping he doesn't do a Mark Barron jump and stays right in the mid to late 1st round area. Would solve our S problems for a while.

2a. Arthur Brown - LB - KSU
In my last mock I had him lasting till our 52, but that could easily change with a good combine and pro day.

2b. Jordan Proyer - CB - OSU
Every time I see a comparison it's always J. Joe. I guess for a projected 2nd rounder that's pretty good. Like I said, stack em' up.

3. Andre Ellington - RB - CLEM
Speeedster complement back with vision being his main strength. I like his experience but still has fresh legs.

4. Chris Harper - WR - KSU
I'm seeing a Chris Henry who's 2 inches shorter. I'm interested in how he measures in the combine, could be a steal here.

Both drafts finish as
5. Michael Williams - TE - ALA
6a. James Hurst - OT - UNC
6b. Chris Thompson - RB/KR - FSU

I'll be the first to say this isn't the ideal way of handling offseason needs by just spliting up needs, I would like a combo of both mocks and signings. But it's just fun and interesting to see what the roster would look like in each scenario.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10779
Default Re: FA D, Draft O - FA O, Draft D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Every time I see a comparison it's always J. Joe. I guess for a projected 2nd rounder that's pretty good. Like I said, stack em' up.
I'm pretty sure I have been the only one comparing Poyer to J.Joe (I have seen Tarell Brown often). Although I have asked a few guys that have more knowledge than me if they feel it is a fair comparison and for the most part they agree. He is by far my favorite prospect that the Bengals can realistically end up with and I feel he is the best corner in the draft.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Ok Mike, I understand that our FA's are more important so:

Resign - A. Smith, M. Johnson, T. Howard, T. Newman, C. Peerman, A. Jones, B. Gradkowski, W. Gilberry, K. Huber, J. Brown, C. Harris, J. Miles, R. Geathers

Extend - G. Atkins

Cut - K. Cook, T. Mays

Let go - R. Maualuga, M. Lawson, N. Clements, D. Roland, C. Crocker, B. Tate, B. Scott, B. Leonard, R. Quinn, P. Sims, D. Skuta, M. Nugent

Now IMO, we can't fill every single need through either the Draft or FA, so if we split
both sides of the ball up into each category I would like to see it something like this:

FA on D:
Jarius Byrd - S - Buf - If we get a FA S, I want either Byrd or Goldson. SF has less people to sign so I'm thinking Byrd may be more likely to get even though he's more needed in Buf. Our new SS.

Philip Wheeler - OLB - Oak - Wheeler was one of the only bright spots for this horrific defense. And he very well could be a salary cap victim. Our new SAM.

Draft on O-
1. Keenan Allen - WR - CAL
I think by April, Patterson is top 16. Allen would complement Green very well with his excpetional route running and explosiveness after the catch.

2a. Giovani Bernard - RB - UNC
His injury problems are past him, great in the open field and reading holes and getting to the outside quickly. Also has soft hands.

2b. Travis Frederick - C/G - WIS
With FA taking care of our biggest defensive needs, we have the luxury to upgrade our O-line. Primarily a C but has experience at G. Chemistry has already been established with Zietler, and O-Line competition is always a plus unless they're all bad.

3. Gerald Hodges - ILB - PSU
Wheeler was a good signing, but we just have Burfict at MIKE. Depth and can also play WILL if Howard isn't healthy in time.

4. Leon McFadden - CB - SDSU
This guy keeps finding his way into my mocks. A great steal here, Newman has one year left in him and maybe Jones does too. Can never have too many.

FA on O:
Greg Jennings - WR - GB
I'm ready for the critcism on this one. Jennings is a vet with a ring, he won't be asking for big #1 WR money. Heck, I'm not sure who was the #1 on the Pack last year. A vet WR across from A.J. could help both him and Dalton. And I'm assuming his health is cleared.

Brian De La Puente - C - NO
Last year the Saints offered a small deal to Nicks and he left for Tampa, they might do that to either Bushrod or La Puente. He might be a RFA, but he would solidify the C. Wherever Jason is on the boards, he's shaking his head. I still like Robinson, but you can't argue with an upgrade.

Draft on D-
1. Kenny Vacarro - S - TEX
Hands down the best S in the draft. I'm hoping he doesn't do a Mark Barron jump and stays right in the mid to late 1st round area. Would solve our S problems for a while.

2a. Arthur Brown - LB - KSU
In my last mock I had him lasting till our 52, but that could easily change with a good combine and pro day.

3. Andre Ellington - RB - CLEM
Speeedster complement back with vision being his main strength. I like his experience but still has fresh legs.

4. Chris Harper - WR - KSU
I'm seeing a Chris Henry who's 2 inches shorter. I'm interested in how he measures in the combine, could be a steal here.

Both drafts finish as
5. Michael Williams - TE - ALA
6a. James Hurst - OT - UNC
6b. Chris Thompson - RB/KR - FSU

I'll be the first to say this isn't the ideal way of handling offseason needs by just spliting up needs, I would like a combo of both mocks and signings. But it's just fun and interesting to see what the roster would look like in each scenario.
i like the FA signings on defense, unfortunately jennings will get offered a nice big contract, as for your mocks i like the one that focused on the defense much more than the one on offense
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 215

Really like the Offensive Mock I really think the first 3 picks should go to that side of the ball.
I really want
Chance Warmack at 21 he is truly the best player in the draft and would make our line the best in the league.
Eddy Lacy at 37