Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23112
bengals Re: Don't be surprised with a DE early

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I will say that I didn't understand your post.

"People do not want to pay MJ but many are fine with paying Wallace Fitzgerald money. Baffling it is"

Because I never said anything about Mike Wallace and have never said to sign him instead of MJ, check the post history.

My insulting comments were uncalled for, my appologies. They were build up from reading all your other posts on these boards. You seem to get into it with about everyone, I don't get it, why are you so sad inside?

Maybe these boards are your thearpy, and calling people ******** and other names, haelps you get through the day. Well we're were here for you, so chin up tiger your going to make it.

Life's a garden, dig it.
- Joe Dirt
LMAO. ........rather comical. Funny how stating an opinion aside from that of whom you are replying to is"getting into with them" . The really comical issue is the sad inside part as my optimism on these boards more often then not has me receiving the"blind homer" criticism.

The list of those I "get into with" is a short one indeed. And that list is a rather common one.

I never stated you said jack about Mike Wallace rather it was an example that is pretty prevalent on these boards at this point in time so I figured it would be easily picked up on. My bad for assuming.

However, posts elsewhere hold zero bearing on the post and or thread in question. You make a feeble attempt at an apology for your unwarranted insult then go on to negate it with your baseless assumptions.

However, it's all good so "keep your chin up tiger".
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9877
Default Re: Don't be surprised with a DE early

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I have seen it mentioned that some do not think it is possible to bring back MJ, Gilberry, and Geathers. I guess I do not see the reasoning behind this unless they are grossly overinflating their values. Yeah MJ is going to command a rather sizable pay day and rightfully so. Outside of that I just do not see it.

Geathers will probably be paid decently but it will be no where near his last contract. I would have to think that him and his agent are both very aware that the numbers in expected production did not come close to matching the money. The Bengals have done the respectable thing and honored the terms. I see this working in their favor and I think Geathers would like to finish his career here.

I would think lessons were learned last season in the overvaluing of rotational production with the Rucker and Fanene deals. Gilberry will be offered a multi year deal by the team for a fair rotational price and I think they will get the deal done.

I would not even rule out an extension with Dunlap.
That's what I'm trying to get at OSU. There are some posters that have automatically counted out getting these deals done.

It could happen.

I also agree when some say if a dominant DE falls to us in the draft we should consider it if say MJ is tagged for a year or walks. It would be a cheaper long term solution.

Is it a need? Only if we lose Gilberry and Geathers. If they really want to keep MJ they can. If he wants to get seriously overpaid in a multi-year contract it may not happen. We still have to decide what to do with Anderson as well. Does he get cut?

Then there is always Rucker or Fanene possibilty if Gilberry, or Geathers should happen to walk. Not saying it's the best scanario. It's just an option.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19175

To be perfectly honest, I won't be surprised with anything that happens in any round. Happy or not happy is a different matter, but surprised, no.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2718

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
LMAO. ........rather comical. Funny how stating an opinion aside from that of whom you are replying to is"getting into with them" . The really comical issue is the sad inside part as my optimism on these boards more often then not has me receiving the"blind homer" criticism.

The list of those I "get into with" is a short one indeed. And that list is a rather common one.

I never stated you said jack about Mike Wallace rather it was an example that is pretty prevalent on these boards at this point in time so I figured it would be easily picked up on. My bad for assuming.

However, posts elsewhere hold zero bearing on the post and or thread in question. You make a feeble attempt at an apology for your unwarranted insult then go on to negate it with your baseless assumptions.

However, it's all good so "keep your chin up tiger".
Get it out, that's it. While your at, I found a good book for you.

With that said I think you have some good insight and hope this doesn't come between us. One day at a time brother.