Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

View Poll Results: Which player has the most impact at #21
Alec Ogletree 17 20.00%
Manti T'eo 3 3.53%
Giovani Bernard 4 4.71%
Kenny Vaccaro 50 58.82%
Other 11 12.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 696
Default Who helps us most at #21

Which of these players has the most impact at pick #21. I've seen them all mocked to us in different mock drafts.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19904
bengals Re: Who helps us most at #21

This is posed very poorly as Vicarro and Ogletree very likely will be gone by 21 and Bernard should not be in consideration at 21 which leaves the sole player that you have already admitted to wanting with the selection.

What about guys like Cooper, Rhodes, Okafor, etc?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2372
Default Re: Who helps us most at #21

I went Vaccaro, he fills a big ? mark in the back end.
3rd. OT JaWaun James
4th. DT Caruan Reid
5th QB Aaron Murry
6th DE Brent Urban
7th WR/KR John Brown
Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17935

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I went Vaccaro, he fills a big ? mark in the back end.
I second that. (Will I ever be mature enough not to snicker at a phrase like "back end?" People who know me would unanimously say no. Bevis and Butthead Syndrome, I guess).

Yes. Let's get our S once and for all. If he's there and worth the pick, which a lot of people think he is, make the damn pick.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34471

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
This is posed very poorly as Vicarro and Ogletree very likely will be gone by 21 and Bernard should not be in consideration at 21 which leaves the sole player that you have already admitted to wanting with the selection.

So I assume you voted "other"
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
So I assume you voted "other"
Yes I did as given the present scenario it appears to be the most logical. Is there a reason you were wondering? Does my post not make sense to you? It seems you make a habit of picking them out no matter what.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 696

Quote:

They would fall under the category "other". I've seen all these players to the Bengals in Mock drafts and everyone knows the landscape will change after the combine and FA. Why are you so mean spirited?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptkurt View Post
They would fall under the category "other". I've seen all these players to the Bengals in Mock drafts and everyone knows the landscape will change after the combine and FA. Why are you so mean spirited?
What in the world are you talking about? There is nothing within my reply that was spirited one way or another. I offered what I saw as an unlikely scenario that could possibly be weighted for a certain outcome. Nothing more to it then that.

Wow ....
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3913

I picked other. I want a playmaker/ game changer and a leader at 21, so I would take Elam.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18784

Quote:
Originally Posted by et2house View Post
I picked other. I want a playmaker/ game changer and a leader at 21, so I would take Elam.
Same here, only I'd take Patterson or Rhodes, unless Arthur Brown makes it to 21. I'd predict that we take Vaccaro if he's there, but I'd rather get someone as good if not better in the 2nd or 3rd.

Bernard isn't a 1st Round pick. The only back who would be is Lattimore, but with his injury I hope we can get him in the 3rd.

Not a fan of Teo at all. Burfict will be our Mike. We need to find a competent SAM (Keith Pough in the 4th or 5th?) and WILL (Greene in the 2nd?).
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8837

let's see
teo *****
bernard is not worth a 1st nor is any rb this year
olgetree won't be there and is kind of overrated anyway
vaccaro won't be there and i would rather have reid in the 2nd anyway
4th Dri Archer RB
5th Morgan Breslin LB
6th Andrew Jackson LB
6th Isaiah Crowell RB
7th Zach Moore DE
7th Zac Kerin C
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Carrington Byndom CB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Bryn Renner QB
UDFA Isaiah Burse WR
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Charles Leno G
UDFA AC Leonard TE
http://youtu.be/TOFXFOvqlXE
A wise man learns from his mistakes but a wiser man learns from other peoples mistakes
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2372

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
let's see
teo *****
bernard is not worth a 1st nor is any rb this year
olgetree won't be there and is kind of overrated anyway
vaccaro won't be there and i would rather have reid in the 2nd anyway
Agree on Bernard, I just don't know about Teo.

With Olgetree an Vaccaro I think we just don't know. No way did I think Decastro and Rieff would be there last year. It's hard to evaluate a guy like Olgetree because of all the talent he played with. I don't think there is any doubt that he has athletic ability, and we could yes. I've have read a few places were his smart are being questioned and the off the field stuff.
NFL teams will need to keep things simple for Georgia LB Alec Ogletree, according to one anonymous scout.

"Ogletree moves like a defensive back playing linebacker," the scout said. "He’s fast, quick and athletic — he moves like a gazelle. He has run into some trouble off the field and is going to need things kept simple, but I would like to have him." Ogletree might fit as an inside linebacker in a 3-4, but likely projects to a weakside role behind a four man front.
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

IDK it's going to be an interesting draft.
3rd. OT JaWaun James
4th. DT Caruan Reid
5th QB Aaron Murry
6th DE Brent Urban
7th WR/KR John Brown
Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10038

"With the twenty first pick in the two thousand thirteen NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select.......... Jordan Poyer corner back Oregon State"

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
"With the twenty first pick in the two thousand thirteen NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select.......... Jordan Poyer corner back Oregon State"
I'd lose my ****.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
It seems you make a habit of picking them out no matter what.
Don't flatter yourself.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

Listen, under these conditions, all the player options ARE AVAILABLE. Lets get that straight. Don't make up your own guesstimations and claim someone will be gone. Play along.

I went with Vaccaro simply because he looms like the prototypical safety we need across from Reggie. If not Vaccaro, Ogletree or Patterson or trade down and get Elam.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

The biggest impact wod be by one of the several outstanding WRs who will be available.

No defensive player we take at that point will have a big impact.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Don't flatter yourself.
Case and point. You were merely trying to start something as usual. I asked if you had a point to the question but apparently you didn't.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3487

I went with "other". Your question and poll are 2 slightly different questions. Most Impact and Who helps us the most are slightly different.

Guys like Olgetree and Vaccaro if they live up to the hype would both help us and provide that "impact" that you are talking about. Though if they just play well they could still help us but not have an impact. There is also a consideration that they actually hurt the team. It is possible even if not very likely that Ogletree's penchant for freelancing provides more negative plays than positive ones and he doesn't break the freelancing habit. Causing a top 10 defense to fall. Vaccaro being a DB would need time to reach his potential so that would hinder the "impact" status, he may be a lot like Thomas and Huff, while good never being that "great" player. Thomas is starting to look great but that is more of having better pieces around him.

I have said in many threads that for that first pick we should select OLine, it isn't impossible for Warmack to be there, if not Warmack possibly B. Jones, my dream scenario is to get both Warmack and Jones back to back. Another possibility is to trade back, and we just might be able to do that.

OLinemen have a higher chance to help us than Ogletree or Vaccaro even though their impact isn't seen as much. However keeping the QB clean and opening holes for the RBs would be very "impactful", though the RB and QB get more credit.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 31

I said other, because I'd like to get Minter at ILB if we can even though it's not likely. I think we can get Elam in the second round and a RB in the third. Then I would focus on Oline and offensive weapons/BPA.

I think that with the talent in this draft we can and should pick for need early. Defensive linemen seem to be stacking most of the first round with a QB and WR here and there. Yeah, the top CB and S might be taken, but otherwise I think we can get a pretty good LB and S early on.

I know we have Maybin and Joiner with the team now, but they're gonna need some work and the more options we have at LB, the better off we are at putting the best talent on the field. I think that a lot of people would agree that MLB and S were our two weakest points on defense. By improving those, retaining our D line, and developing our young CBs we should put a top 3 defense on the field. We were quite formidable last year even with these holes. Put those pieces in place and then we can devote the rest of the draft to offense and BPA.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Case and point. You were merely trying to start something as usual. I asked if you had a point to the question but apparently you didn't.
This dude made the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Listen, under these conditions, all the player options ARE AVAILABLE. Lets get that straight. Don't make up your own guesstimations and claim someone will be gone. Play along.
All you did was come in here and complain about the OP. Coulda just came in a selected other and state who you think would make the biggest impact. Didn't need to come in and state "Posed very poorly".

As to the OP; I went with Ogletree.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7773

No on T'eo even though I hear is girlfriend is super hot.

Bernard I like a lot, but feel he will be available in 2nd round.

Vaccaro may fall to us and would be ok with it with pick if so. It certainly is a need.

But would take Ogletree out of 4 listed would be my pick if he actually did fall this far.

Suspect he will not, but if so will be happy, happy, happy.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 752

J Cooper, the best pulling gaurd or center in the draft.

Keep in mind we now play 6 games in the AFC north against the 3-4 and having somebody that gets to the next level to block and that can move laterally to pick up all the exoctic blitz's has to be a Priority.

not to mention that Texas team we will see in the playoffs next year with their 2 best rush linebackers back.

The best safety and linebacker 's are the ones on the bench watching our team get a measley first down to run out the clock, just a thought no more 2 minute drills for the oposition.

Last edited by MRMEYERS; 02-11-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2469

Quote:

Agree with this. There needs to be more players projected around the pick. Okafor, Rhodes, Patterson are just a few around there. Vacarro probably SHOULD go around where we pick, but someone will always tend to reach for the top player at a position, and that will likely be Vacarro. Also likely that Lacy or Bernard (most likely Lacy) goes in the late first rather than early second round.

I also don't see a MIKE or WILL LB as much of a need as SAM, in which case there really is no LB that fits SAM well that is projected as a late first. WILL becomes more of a need though if we don't re-sign Howard. It may be best to try and find a good LB that could play both WILL and SAM. As much as some people think there is no difference in skill set, that is wrong. They have different roles and thus need to have varied skill sets.

Although I guess we could select Other and that could constitute any of those. But seeing as Vacarro is on the list and probably will go higher than that, I'll choose Vacarro.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 02-11-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 71

I'm going to keep this simple...

Vaccarro if we sign a starting LB in FA.
Te'o if we sign a starting S in FA.