Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30133
Default Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Comes out on a tuesday right?
comes out tuesday... Or midnight release on monday either way one wont get home to play it till tuesday (unless they live really close to a time change spot)

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18052

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
comes out tuesday... Or midnight release on monday either way one wont get home to play it till tuesday (unless they live really close to a time change spot)
Alright I'm picking it up friday. Hoping someone broadcasts themselves on Justin.Tv playing it.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Alright I'm picking it up friday. Hoping someone broadcasts themselves on Justin.Tv playing it.
theres a 2 hour gameplay video to watch and a new trailer that as soon as i can get to ill be linking here

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
VIP Platinum Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=...ldescription=1

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 02-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3302

Still no reviews or any word out. If they hold back reviews for this game, usually a tall tail sign than it will be bad. Ugh.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4509

Im gonna pass on this one....last few Aliens game werent very good. Maybe when it hits the bargan bin.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Some comparisons are saying it is like a "Left 4 Dead co-op". Hmm, now that is pretty awesome...and would be cool to play, had I known someone who would be purchasing this.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Im gonna pass on this one....last few Aliens game werent very good. Maybe when it hits the bargan bin.
Hopefully like most newer games now they will release a demo for you to try it out first.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Hopefully like most newer games now they will release a demo for you to try it out first.
Xeno, you better add me on XBL so I do not play this game alone. Please and thank you.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
Xeno, you better add me on XBL so I do not play this game alone. Please and thank you.
PM me or rep message me your GamerTag and ill add you tonight.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3164

Is it Tuesday yet?

Thank God, The Walking Dead comes back on Sunday, so I have something closer to look forward too
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
Is it Tuesday yet?

Thank God, The Walking Dead comes back on Sunday, so I have something closer to look forward too
Yeah and a whole marathon starting tomorrow @ 10 am and ending at the end of the new episode....

Im gonna try and grind a few medals/ achievements out of the way so i dont have to take many breaks from this games.

(then gears judgement comes out.......) and theres a south park game coming and dead space. I need more time...lol.... I have 50 of 65 gears 3 medals done... only need like 4200 pistol kills 3900 lancer kills 4700 sawed off kills 4000 explosive kills 2400 heavy weapons kills 5500 Hammer burst kills 4000 retro lancer kills and 1700 more wingman matches... (some other small things but those are the big ones) but im to close to stop now.

less than 29,000 total kills to go.... (if i can get my 2000 headshots within those kills)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-08-2013, 03:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

I have read some consumer reviews. Pretty much validating everything I thought about the gameplay. The graphics are not great, but it creates a fun L4D2 experience. Apparently the Aliens do adapt to your gameplay style (much like L4D). The story mode is fun and co-op is awesome. All I need is a solid rating from IGN and I'm set to buy it. I'm guessing a review will be up either Sunday or Monday at the earliest.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I have read some consumer reviews. Pretty much validating everything I thought about the gameplay. The graphics are not great, but it creates a fun L4D2 experience. Apparently the Aliens do adapt to your gameplay style (much like L4D). The story mode is fun and co-op is awesome. All I need is a solid rating from IGN and I'm set to buy it. I'm guessing a review will be up either Sunday or Monday at the earliest.
can you link some of those reviews...

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
can you link some of those reviews...
Hold on, lemme find them. I also PM'd you, Xeno, err, I mean public messaged you, whatever, same difference.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Hold on, lemme find them. I also PM'd you, Xeno, err, I mean public messaged you, whatever, same difference.
lol i got it and wrote it down....

Looking forward to adding another gamer on my list.

If you guys are saying this is close to L4D2... i might have to pick it up i only had L4D but never played much of it.

The fact it has a season pass and 4 DLC's planned has me excited as hell it wont just be a release and forget title.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

I found two others but this is the first one I could find. He gives it a pretty decent review, pretty much points out what I think about the game. He suggests rent first, then buy if you like it. States the game is kinda slow until the third mission when it really picks up. No K/D online though? Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that.

http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-colon...game-29350548/
Old 02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I found two others but this is the first one I could find. He gives it a pretty decent review, pretty much points out what I think about the game. He suggests rent first, then buy if you like it. States the game is kinda slow until the third mission when it really picks up. No K/D online though? Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that.

http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-colon...game-29350548/
figured my work would have it blocked.. Ill try and check it out this weekend.. Post anymore you find though.. Thanks...

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...on-pass-bundle

stupid phone only lets me read half of that lol... If someone reads can they copy/paste.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 02-08-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12234

Quote:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...on-pass-bundle

stupid phone only lets me read half of that lol... If someone reads can they copy/paste.
Fans won't have to wait long for more Aliens: Colonial Marines, as the February 12 release of the game on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC is only the beginning!
Four downloadable add-ons are currently in development, spanning new campaign and multiplayer content. The first add-on, Bug Hunt, is a new cooperative multiplayer mode in which players take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies across three brand new maps based on environments from the ALIENS film. Bug Hunt is currently planned to arrive in March, with the remaining three add-ons scheduled to be available by the end of August 2013.
These four add-ons will be available for individual purchase or as part of the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass, a $29.99 / 2400 Microsoft Point bundle that offers a savings of almost 40% over buying the content individually*. The Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass is currently available for purchase on Steam and will soon be available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
Bug Hunt is currently planned to arrive in March, with the remaining three add-ons scheduled to be available by the end of August 2013.
For the latest updates on Aliens: Colonial Marines and details about post-launch downloadable content, keep an eye on GearboxSoftware.com as well as our Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

I watched a gameplay walk through of the game. I tell you what, it looks pretty damn sharp. That's all I'm going to say for now. I expect an IGN review and critical reviews by tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Consumer reviews, ugh:

"ok...just got the game tonight. Started playing, hoping to recreate the feeling i got when I went to go see Aliens at the movie theater (yeah, I'm 41 ).

Let me just say....take whatever popcorn you bought, get your *** up, and walk out the theater. Its bad folks. Real bad.

Take it from a guy who has been playing games since the Atari 2600 came out, through the Commadore 64 days, onto the Amiga 500, and then nthe glorous PC days.

Your going to be ****** if you pre-ordered this or bought ANY type of "edition". The graphics are bad, the voice acting is bad, the banter between you and the A.I. player is bad, your missions are bad, the aliens are bad, and to top it all off, you just paid $65 for a bad game.

Cancel what you got, take the money and run. If this game gets above a 6.0, i'll blow myself. Pictures will be posted !!

You've been warned."

Another review:

"I have just played this game and I am as angry as I have ever been. I have signed up just to be able to warn people about this game. It is unplayable, don't believe any trailer or marketing **** The graphics are pure 2003, the story and writing are pain inducing and the gameplay mechanics are so absolutely terrible it actually takes a while for it to sink in; you're playing thinking "a game cannot possibly be this bad, I must be having a stroke or an acid flashback" then you realise, to your horror, that it's that bad, and worse. Then the anger builds. How could they manipulate this into okay-looking trailers, how can they charge top level price for what is below-bargain-bin gameplay? And how could I fall for it? I hate everyone who is involved in the making and selling of this perversion of technology, and I hate myself for buying it. My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are, and this is one of them."

Ugh.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3164

Quote:
Consumer reviews, ugh:

"ok...just got the game tonight. Started playing, hoping to recreate the feeling i got when I went to go see Aliens at the movie theater (yeah, I'm 41 ).

Let me just say....take whatever popcorn you bought, get your *** up, and walk out the theater. Its bad folks. Real bad.

Take it from a guy who has been playing games since the Atari 2600 came out, through the Commadore 64 days, onto the Amiga 500, and then nthe glorous PC days.

Your going to be ****** if you pre-ordered this or bought ANY type of "edition". The graphics are bad, the voice acting is bad, the banter between you and the A.I. player is bad, your missions are bad, the aliens are bad, and to top it all off, you just paid $65 for a bad game.

Cancel what you got, take the money and run. If this game gets above a 6.0, i'll blow myself. Pictures will be posted !!

You've been warned."

Another review:

"I have just played this game and I am as angry as I have ever been. I have signed up just to be able to warn people about this game. It is unplayable, don't believe any trailer or marketing **** The graphics are pure 2003, the story and writing are pain inducing and the gameplay mechanics are so absolutely terrible it actually takes a while for it to sink in; you're playing thinking "a game cannot possibly be this bad, I must be having a stroke or an acid flashback" then you realise, to your horror, that it's that bad, and worse. Then the anger builds. How could they manipulate this into okay-looking trailers, how can they charge top level price for what is below-bargain-bin gameplay? And how could I fall for it? I hate everyone who is involved in the making and selling of this perversion of technology, and I hate myself for buying it. My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are, and this is one of them."

Ugh.
That isn't very promising...
Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7591

Quote:
Consumer reviews, ugh:

You've been warned."

Another review:

Ugh.
That's depressing since I preordered it AND paid it off fully.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi