Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 137
Default Luck, Brady, and Rodgers coming to the Jungle.

I looked at the schedule for next season Home/Away games and we are hosting big teams at home.

Home:
Colts, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Vikings (Ravens-Browns-Steelers)

Away:
Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, Bears, Lions (Ravens-Browns-Steelers)

I think we will play strong on the road again. Hopefully avoiding dumb loses.

We need these big games at home. If we keep the big guys this offseason and get guys out of FA/Draft we will be a force.

I want us to really set the tone winning big games at home and making The Jungle a scary place to play.

But will we? Pretty mean looking teams but with a noisey crowd and a strong D it could be a great season to be a Bengals fan.

Who Dey!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118
Default Re: Luck, Brady, and Rodgers coming to the Jungle.

Our home schedule is ROUGH! We will have to show up big on the road and we cannot lose to the brownies
Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 80132

It's not an easy schedule, but it's not the worst.

It would be nice to see our guys stick it to some teams that have had our number for a longtime like the Patriots, the Packers, the Colts and the Bills.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post

It would be nice to see our guys stick it to some teams that have had our number for a longtime like the Patriots, the Packers, the Colts and the Bills.
Aren't we on a one game winning streak against the Pack?

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1898

Bring em all on. There is no fear in this dojo
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18502

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyDerrick View Post
I looked at the schedule for next season Home/Away games and we are hosting big teams at home.

Home:

Away:

We need these big games at home. If we keep the big guys this offseason and get guys out of FA/Draft we will be a force.

I want us to really set the tone winning big games at home and making The Jungle a scary place to play.

But will we? Pretty mean looking teams but with a noisey crowd and a strong D it could be a great season to be a Bengals fan.

Who Dey!
this schedule certainly looks like running the gauntlet.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34572

Quote:

We're actually 2-0 against the Pack under Marv. We're 1-3 vs the Bills, but we did win our last game. The Colts dominated because of Peyton Manning. Luck isn't in the same class and probably never will be. The Patriots will definitely be a tough out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
this schedule certainly looks like running the gauntlet.
How so?

"Tough games"

Ravens x 2:
Won the SB, but will be losing some good players and leaders. Ray Lewis is definitely gone, and Boldin, Ed Reed and even Suggs have been rumored to be on the chopping block due to their cap #.
Steelers x 2: They're trending the wrong way, and could be losing Wallace, Harrison, Hampton and Mendenhall. They did keep Todd Haley though (not good for them).
Patriots: Always a tough one. I don't think we've beaten Tom Brady before. That said, it is at home.
Packers: Marvin Lewis is 2-0 against the Packers and is generally great against NFC teams. We get them at home.
Colts: Worst 11-5 team I've seen. They won 8 games by a TD or less. Luck led the league in turnovers. Plus Arians is gone. I have a feeling the 2013 Colts will be like the 2012 Lions. Btw, the Colts were 4-5 on the road last year, with one win coming in OT.
Vikings: Very one-dimensional team. We're usually great against the run. They should be losing Harvin, who is their only good WR. They were 3-6 on the road last year.
Bears: Marv is 2-0 against the Bears, and we've thoroughly dominated them both times.

"Not so tough games"

Browns x 2:
I like the coordinators they brought in. But they have more questions than answers. Especially at QB.
Jets: Do I need to say anything? They're a train wreck and Sanchez blows.
Chargers: We beat them last year on the road with Dalton having a poor game. This team has really fallen apart and Rivers has no weapons or run game anymore.
Bills: We beat them in our last meeting. Not a good team in any facet other than running with Spiller.
Dolphins: They beat us last year, but it was kinda fluky. Our defense and run game hadn't come on yet.
Lions: Marv is 2-0 against them. They're a one dimensional offense with a poor defense.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 02-11-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 998

Well, the worst thing that can happen is we lose these games. We'll win others. Not sure we are Super Bowl bound yet.

Cleveland, we have a problem.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4228

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Aren't we on a one game winning streak against the Pack?
2 games. We beat the Pack in Cincy in 2005 and won at Green Bay in 2009.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4228

Quote:

We beat both the Colts and Bills in Cincy in 2011. Of course, Peyton Manning did not play at all in 2011.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 14130

Is going to be an action packed season with many NFL greats coming to PBS this year.

Can't Wait !
Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15830

"In order to be the man...... You've got to beat the man". Or something like that.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20019

Packers, Chargers, and Colts gave up the most, second most, and fourth most number of sacks on their quarterback last year, so bring back MJ and our D will eat them for lunch, especially in The Jungle.

The Jets are the Jets and them stepping into The Jungle is suicide on their part.

Vikings could be tough just because of AP, but we did ok against the run last year (11th) with a bad MIKE, so draft one or move Burfict and put the draft pick at SAM and, if we can even contain him just a little bit, we win because Ponder's about as effect at QB as I am in a jump rope contest.

Patriots are the Patriots and I can't even make a convincing argument for us beating them.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
We're actually 2-0 against the Pack under Marv. We're 1-3 vs the Bills, but we did win our last game. The Colts dominated because of Peyton Manning. Luck isn't in the same class and probably never will be. The Patriots will definitely be a tough out though.

How so?

"Tough games"

Ravens x 2:
Won the SB, but will be losing some good players and leaders. Ray Lewis is definitely gone, and Boldin, Ed Reed and even Suggs have been rumored to be on the chopping block due to their cap #.
Steelers x 2: They're trending the wrong way, and could be losing Wallace, Harrison, Hampton and Mendenhall. They did keep Todd Haley though (not good for them).
Patriots: Always a tough one. I don't think we've beaten Tom Brady before. That said, it is at home.
Packers: Marvin Lewis is 2-0 against the Packers and is generally great against NFC teams. We get them at home.
Colts: Worst 11-5 team I've seen. They won 8 games by a TD or less. Luck led the league in turnovers. Plus Arians is gone. I have a feeling the 2013 Colts will be like the 2012 Lions. Btw, the Colts were 4-5 on the road last year, with one win coming in OT.
Vikings: Very one-dimensional team. We're usually great against the run. They should be losing Harvin, who is their only good WR. They were 3-6 on the road last year.
Bears: Marv is 2-0 against the Bears, and we've thoroughly dominated them both times.

"Not so tough games"

Browns x 2:
I like the coordinators they brought in. But they have more questions than answers. Especially at QB.
Jets: Do I need to say anything? They're a train wreck and Sanchez blows.
Chargers: We beat them last year on the road with Dalton having a poor game. This team has really fallen apart and Rivers has no weapons or run game anymore.
Bills: We beat them in our last meeting. Not a good team in any facet other than running with Spiller.
Dolphins: They beat us last year, but it was kinda fluky. Our defense and run game hadn't come on yet.
Lions: Marv is 2-0 against them. They're a one dimensional offense with a poor defense.
i disagree, luck has the skills to do everything Manning did and more, he can run. Don't get me wrong Manning is a tactician but lacked big game moxy. Luck will retire tire with more SB hardware,
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 290

Dang, seems like we play the Chargers almost every year.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1861

I would hate to be them

Geno will take care of that.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyDerrick View Post

Home:

Away:

Who Dey!
That means Fleener, Gronk/Hernandez and whoever GB plugs in if Finley bails via FA. Until this defense can shut down the TE machines around the league we are in trouble! The QBeez are damn good but so are their weapons.

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter