Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9088
Default What have you done?

This is a thread where you get to gloat and brag about yourself. Let's here it people, what have you done to change another persons life for the better?

I haven't done anything, at least I don't think I have anyway.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11241
Default Re: What have you done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
This is a thread where you get to gloat and brag about yourself. Let's here it people, what have you done to change another persons life for the better?

I haven't done anything, at least I don't think I have anyway.
Well according to my ex-wife our divorce changed her life for the better.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15204

I went by the local petco last night to find it had recently moved halfway across town (I hadn't been living in my hometown for 2 years and recently moved back so I wasn't up with things). I saw a little hamster running around out in the cold. I knew he wouldn't survive on his own so I scooped him up and drove to the new location where they happily took him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17929

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
I went by the local petco last night to find it had recently moved halfway across town (I hadn't been living in my hometown for 2 years and recently moved back so I wasn't up with things). I saw a little hamster running around out in the cold. I knew he wouldn't survive on his own so I scooped him up and drove to the new location where they happily took him back.
a hamster at some point in time was a wild animal. Why can't they survive on their own?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15204

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
a hamster at some point in time was a wild animal. Why can't they survive on their own?
Besides the fact that theyve been domesticated for over one hundred years? Because a suburb in the midatlantic t is far different from a syrian desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4118

I freed a bee from my windshield wiper last fall.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4589

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
So were humans. How long do you think half of us would survive if we were thrown into the wild?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24332

I try to protect the population from all the rum flooding the market...
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24332

So were humans. How long do you think half of us would survive if we were thrown into the wild?

I would guess if all the power went out, and the gasoline supply dried up, we'd lose 2/3 of the population inside a year.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24924

I've had 9 or 10 former undergrads tell me I inspired them to go on to complete their PhDs. I'm not sure if that's positive or not. Higher ed is nuts
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21883

I didnt punch anyone in the face today. Yet!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30701

The work I do helps to ensure the medications people take are safe.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17106
bengals Re: What have you done?

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Everyone can thank me....
Old 02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5310

I helped create four lives. So far, that's been a good thing. None of them have made me question whether we should have stopped at the kid before them yet, so that's good.

Steeler Eater, thank you for ^^^^^^. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: What have you done?

Married my wife. , made my life better.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51069

I'm a superhero.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11343

I guess I'll post one serious thing. And this isn't gloating by any means, just a story and I hope it helps someone out here.

My first year in college, I preached at this place called the Dream Center. I went off on a testimony on everything that I did and went through, and obviously gave a message. Well, I spoke on a story about my friend Kayla. And here's that story:

This is when I was about 14 years old. Kayla and I were always pretty good friends. We would talk every day after school, then at night, and honestly just always find time since we didn't go to school. We were always great friends, and we always made time to talk to one another. She didn't really have the best home life, and school for her was also a very big struggle. She dealt with a lot of depression, and so did I, so we connected. Well, we were talking one day on the internet (AIM to be exact) and she was asking me about the youth group that I go to (church). And I told her that I didn't really have time to talk or anything. She was going through a tough time and honestly it was wearing me out because we always talked about it. So, I stay on AIM but basically ignore her. I get off for a few hours and come back around 8. My friend Kristina ends up messaging me asking if I talked to Kayla. I said yeah. Kristina then tells me that Kayla messaged her on AIM that she has had enough and this was it. At that point, Kristina and I are calling her home, her cell phone, her friend's houses, everything. Find out a bit later, to her parents dismay, that she had taken her life. I was the last person she reached out to, and I was didn't respond because I just didn't want to. Now that blood is on my hands, and I will never forget it. I could have helped, but I didn't. But because of that, I will NEVER turn down an opportunity that someone comes to me, just wanting to talk. Because I'm not allowing that to happen ever again. And neither should anyone else.

Now I told that story my first year in college, and could tell someone people were hit, but no one really said anything on it.

So fast forward to a few months ago. I went to Cincinnati to visit some college friends, and the people I hang out with were doing a school assembly for this freshman school. So obviously I wanted to do it, because I love doing drama skits. So we do our two skits (one funny, one serious) in front of 700 kids, and it went well. We then went to this little room while they were dismissing, and I asked Curtus (the leader on the program City Conquest) if I could go say bye to the kids, and he said go for it. So I ran out of the room and went to the doors where the kids were being dismissed.

And this girl with purple-ish hair was standing by the end of the bleachers, waiting. And so I got to the doors to give kids high fives and things like that, and this girl came up to me. She was waiting for me. She asked me "You spoke at the Dream Center like a year ago, right?" I responded "yeah". She then said "Well, I remember you speaking. And that story you told about Kayla, hit me. Because, well, I was Kayla. And Kayla's also my name, but that night I wanted to kill myself, and what you said made me not take my life". I was astounded and awestruck. I was honestly speechless and, in front of all these kids leaving, began to cry and I just hugged the girl. I told her how awesome she was and that's all I could say because of how much I was crying.

So the moral of this story is, you really don't know how much you impacted someone's life. Because things happen behind the scenes that we never see. And I was blessed to see this.

I hope this story helps someone here.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51069

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
I guess I'll post one serious thing. And this isn't gloating by any means, just a story and I hope it helps someone out here.

My first year in college, I preached at this place called the Dream Center. I went off on a testimony on everything that I did and went through, and obviously gave a message. Well, I spoke on a story about my friend Kayla. And here's that story:

This is when I was about 14 years old. Kayla and I were always pretty good friends. We would talk every day after school, then at night, and honestly just always find time since we didn't go to school. We were always great friends, and we always made time to talk to one another. She didn't really have the best home life, and school for her was also a very big struggle. She dealt with a lot of depression, and so did I, so we connected. Well, we were talking one day on the internet (AIM to be exact) and she was asking me about the youth group that I go to (church). And I told her that I didn't really have time to talk or anything. She was going through a tough time and honestly it was wearing me out because we always talked about it. So, I stay on AIM but basically ignore her. I get off for a few hours and come back around 8. My friend Kristina ends up messaging me asking if I talked to Kayla. I said yeah. Kristina then tells me that Kayla messaged her on AIM that she has had enough and this was it. At that point, Kristina and I are calling her home, her cell phone, her friend's houses, everything. Find out a bit later, to her parents dismay, that she had taken her life. I was the last person she reached out to, and I was didn't respond because I just didn't want to. Now that blood is on my hands, and I will never forget it. I could have helped, but I didn't. But because of that, I will NEVER turn down an opportunity that someone comes to me, just wanting to talk. Because I'm not allowing that to happen ever again. And neither should anyone else.

Now I told that story my first year in college, and could tell someone people were hit, but no one really said anything on it.

So fast forward to a few months ago. I went to Cincinnati to visit some college friends, and the people I hang out with were doing a school assembly for this freshman school. So obviously I wanted to do it, because I love doing drama skits. So we do our two skits (one funny, one serious) in front of 700 kids, and it went well. We then went to this little room while they were dismissing, and I asked Curtus (the leader on the program City Conquest) if I could go say bye to the kids, and he said go for it. So I ran out of the room and went to the doors where the kids were being dismissed.

And this girl with purple-ish hair was standing by the end of the bleachers, waiting. And so I got to the doors to give kids high fives and things like that, and this girl came up to me. She was waiting for me. She asked me "You spoke at the Dream Center like a year ago, right?" I responded "yeah". She then said "Well, I remember you speaking. And that story you told about Kayla, hit me. Because, well, I was Kayla. And Kayla's also my name, but that night I wanted to kill myself, and what you said made me not take my life". I was astounded and awestruck. I was honestly speechless and, in front of all these kids leaving, began to cry and I just hugged the girl. I told her how awesome she was and that's all I could say because of how much I was crying.

So the moral of this story is, you really don't know how much you impacted someone's life. Because things happen behind the scenes that we never see. And I was blessed to see this.

I hope this story helps someone here.
Sooo... this purple haired girl was obviously coming on to you. Did you at least take her out to McDonalds?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benton View Post
Sooo... this purple haired girl was obviously coming on to you. Did you at least take her out to McDonalds?
Nope. I was 20, she's a freshman in high school. Wolf don't play that game

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13576

I...hm...I...hm...

I was once the first pick in a pickup game of flag football and proceeded to make MVP of the game with a pick 6, 2 passes deflected, and 2 receiving TD's. That was a fun day until my adrenaline stopped pumping and I realized I twisted the hell out of my ankle.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257

I've made someone laugh atleast once a day going as far back as I can remember. I love seeing people happy and smile. It brings me joy. Thats what my facebook is for. I simply put things up to make people laugh because I know life gets hard.

I've stopped someone from commiting suidicide.

I've been very very racists but changed once I met someone who I considered a great friend sadly it will be 6 years this month on the 27th that he was killed by some punk.

I've stayed true to myself in times of peer pressure..I never have been drunk, did drugs or had sex with someone that I wasn't commited too.

I say what I want and when I want I kinda just don't care who hears it because if it truly offends you then the truth hurts.

Just some small things.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54630

I killed a gopher with a stick one time.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
I killed a gopher with a stick one time.
Certified Bad ***.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36752

I have saved at least three lives.

One was a woman who had lost control of her car and had tumbled down the mountain. Her husband was dead in the passenger seat, and her arm was partially amputated from a crush injury. My team extricated her from the car and transported her to a landing site for a medevac. It was a tricky extrication and one I will never forget. Very bloody.

I saved an 8 year old who had been at the bottom of a pool for I don't know how long. He had been pulled out, and was blue when we arrived on scene. It took around 15 minutes of working on him to get a pulse back.

A young woman with an airway obstruction out in the boonies. We arrived on scene and she was not conscious, was unable to breath, and her pulse was weak. En route, any attempts to clear the airway from the mouth were unsuccessful. Finally, I decided to perform a surgical cricothyrotomy. This opened up an airway and allowed us to get oxygen into her. They were able to clear the obstruction at the hospital (never did hear what it was and never could get a good visual on it).

Aside from that, I have taught around 800 people life saving skills. Whether it be a merit badge class or teaching a CPR course. One of them saved their father's life about two months after taking my merit badge course, using skills he learned from me. He received a heroism medal for his actions from the BSA. Not sure if any others have had to use those skills.

I have no doubt there are other things, non-medical related from some of my Scouting tenure, but I can't really think about them all that much right now. Drudging up those calls I went on is occupying my mind at this point.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440

I was All-State my senior year in football