Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3179
Default What is your draft strategy for your team?

Even though the Draft Forum is not Bengals fans only, none of you guys visit it. So I'll bring it here.

Season's over. Even if your team won it all, there's work to be done with the roster. Combine is coming up. The draft is always intriguing.

What's your team's strategy that you'd like to employ? Who should they go for? Who are your favorite prospects?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3179
Default Re: What is your draft strategy for your team?

I know, I'll start!

Pittsburgh: Try to avoid someone who will just go out and get arrested and subsequently booted off the team.

Aww man, I think I messed up already on this forum.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13296

I don't mind moving back if one of our guys is still there. If Boldin has to be cut then we the Ravens need to draft a WR. I like Markus Wheaton in the 2nd somewhere. They just have a lot of areas to fill and the Flacco contract hopefully doesn't stifle them on making some moves. Right now I see this team needing in no particular order and I'm operating on the idea of nobody being resigned:

DT/NT
ILB
Edge Rusher
5 Technique
FS
WR if Boldin is cut
LT and LT prospect - not sure what's going on with McKinnie.

This is not necessarily the order I think they need to be fulfilled.

I think they will re-sign BMac and draft a LT in the later rounds (maybe with a comp pick). They will concentrate on LT in the 2014 draft. Sure fire starter.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13296

This draft is indeed a vital one.

With two defensive starts out the door potentially (Ray definitely, & Ed Reed is questionable) and two more signed long-term but perhaps on the other side of the hill (Suggs & Ngata) I think its important for the Ravens organization to start replenishing the talent on that side.

On the offensive side the team needs to find a left-tackle, Oher's in his last yr at RT & so is Dennis Pitta at TE. Boldin is in his last yr and is getting strong dollars...

its time to restock the cupboard with viable talent.

I don't see this as a full 'rebuild', but it is a transition period. I hope the organization doesn't go the route of other organizations who have given their QB monster dollars -- they end up becoming pass-happy AND SOFT...

and I think that's a wrong move for them-- but that is for another thread.

Anywhoo, this needs to be a predominate "trenches" draft. I don't have a problem with grabbing a skill player or two if there's value, but this should be one of those no-frill drafts with a good number of "big uglies" added to the coffers.

BMOREBLITZ