Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 95883
Default Re: BalTwoMore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Hello Haters!!

This was the night the lights went out in New Orleans.

This was the night the unforeseen happened. The night that crowned a new champion. The night that saw two quarterbacks take the next step, with one becoming elite.

The night that saw Ray Lewis retire with a second ring. The night that gave Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata their first. The night that saw Joe Flacco become elite.

It couldn't have started better for the Ravens, with Joe Flacco marching them down the field after forcing a punt from San Francisco.

Flacco found Anquan Boldin for the game's first touchdown, on a perfectly thrown pass over two Niners linebackers. On third down nonetheless.

This was a night that saw the Ravens jump out big with three Flacco touchdown passes in the first half. After tossing a score to Boldin, Flacco found Dennis Pitta for a touchdown.

And then the lights went out. Thirty-four minutes passed as the Superdome tried to regain power. It was a perfect scenario for the young 49ers. Take some time and regroup. Refocus and settle down. There was still plenty of time.

And that's what the Niners did. Colin Kaepernick was fantastic in the second half and will go on to so great things in the NFL. Without him, the Niners don't come back and make a game out of it.

Kaepernick and San Francisco began giving Baltimore every shot it could dish out. And a Ray Rice fumble didn't help matters. But even when Kaepernick scampered in for a 15-yard touchdown run to cut the lead to 31-29, the Ravens' defense rose to the occasion. They thwarted the two-point attempt with a pressure from Reed. As long as Baltimore still maintained a lead it could feel in control.

One of the top three plays of the game for Baltimore, in my opinion, was Flacco's check to a pass on third-and-inches on the ensuing drive. Baltimore looked to have a run called, or perhaps a sneak. But San Francisco showed a loaded box with man coverage on Boldin.

Elite quarterbacks read this coverage and know what to do. Elite quarterbacks believe they can make the play. Elite quarterbacks then make the play.

Flacco made that leap tonight, and in doing so will be rewarded handsomely in the near future. But his throw to Boldin couldn't have been placed better. And Boldin couldn't have done a better job with body position and fighting for the first down, which allowed Baltimore to continue to milk some clock.

The game was much like the season. It wasn't easy and it wasn't pretty. But all that matters is which team is left standing at the end. On this night, Baltimore watched the confetti fall in celebration an jubilation.

A second Lombardi Trophy heads to The Castle in Owings Mills.

The Baltimore Ravens became Super Bowl champions.

LOL....Hi Haters!!!
Ha! The joke's on YOU! I DIDN'T READ THIS AT ALL!! BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

All that effort you put into that post was wasted!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Oh my. /George Takei
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 741

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Dude!

You're pretty funny, did you know that?

Here... let me give you a history lesson. During Peyton's rookie season, he finished with a 3-13 record and he had a Colts team that was loaded with talent.

Now, in Andrew Luck's rookie season, he finished 11-5 and he carried a Colts team to the playoffs that was gutted and very little talent.

Before Andrew Luck was drafted, every football analyst said that he was the most NFL ready QB to come out of college in years. They were proven to be correct.

Luck has every indication that he's going to be BETTER than Peyton and could end up being the best QB to ever play the game. That's not me boasting. This is what has been said by football pundits.

Given all that... don't you see how ridiculous your statement is?

Or maybe you just meant that he won't sniff "a" Superbowl as in ONE! But he definitely will sniff MANY Superbowls and win MANY titles!
Yeah because pundits are always right. Where is Jamarcus Russell again? Again, quote me or whatever but I guarantee that Luck will never win a Super Bowl.

Also if you think that your team has no talent then you are blind. They laid down for Luck last year. That doesn't mean they aren't talented. Reggie Wayne is still a top notch wide receiver for example.

Last edited by bishopbengals; 02-07-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 95883

Quote:
Dude!

You're pretty funny, did you know that?

Here... let me give you a history lesson. During Peyton's rookie season, he finished with a 3-13 record and he had a Colts team that was loaded with talent.

Now, in Andrew Luck's rookie season, he finished 11-5 and he carried a Colts team to the playoffs that was gutted and very little talent.

Before Andrew Luck was drafted, every football analyst said that he was the most NFL ready QB to come out of college in years. They were proven to be correct.

Luck has every indication that he's going to be BETTER than Peyton and could end up being the best QB to ever play the game. That's not me boasting. This is what has been said by football pundits.

Given all that... don't you see how ridiculous your statement is?

Or maybe you just meant that he won't sniff "a" Superbowl as in ONE! But he definitely will sniff MANY Superbowls and win MANY titles!
Some pundits also claimed Ryan Leaf would be a better NFL QB than Manning.
Pundits also consider Marvin Lewis to be a very good head coach.

Those 2 things must ALSO be true, because that's what the pundits said. Right?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 28990

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
Yeah because pundits are always right. Where is Jamarcus Russell again? Again, quote me or whatever but I guarantee that Luck will never win a Super Bowl.
Listen to this man CF4E...He knows about QB's that will never win a SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Of course I do, I have plenty of experience being that I am associated with the Bengals. Not to mention that I am from the future.

Last edited by bishopbengals; 02-07-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
LOL!

Yeah.... you're right. Bengal fans pretty much have a monopoly on this!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Also if you think that your team has no talent then you are blind. They laid down for Luck last year. That doesn't mean they aren't talented. Reggie Wayne is still a top notch wide receiver for example.
Umm... you knew that Irsay gutted the team, right? He got rid of pretty much everybody - including Peyton. The only "talent" left was Reggie Wayne and "maybe" Mathis and Freeney. There really was no Offensive Line, no real secondary, no running back to speak of, and the defense just incorporated a 3-4 scheme in which the Colts did not have the proper people. In short, the Colts were a mess and pretty much everyone thought they would win 5 games AT THE MOST!

Due to Luck's outstanding effort, he managed to make a few receivers look like hall of famers and really carried the team to an 11-5 record.

Wait until Irsay spends $48 Million to fill the holes the Colts currently have. Nobody will want to play the Colts - trust me!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Umm... you knew that Irsay gutted the team, right? He got rid of pretty much everybody - including Peyton. The only "talent" left was Reggie Wayne and "maybe" Mathis and Freeney. There really was no Offensive Line, no real secondary, no running back to speak of, and the defense just incorporated a 3-4 scheme in which the Colts did not have the proper people. In short, the Colts were a mess and pretty much everyone thought they would win 5 games AT THE MOST!

Due to Luck's outstanding effort, he managed to make a few receivers look like hall of famers and really carried the team to an 11-5 record.

Wait until Irsay spends $48 Million to fill the holes the Colts currently have. Nobody will want to play the Colts - trust me!
So you're basically saying that your Colts were like our Bengals last year? No one thought we would win a game and we made the playoffs. Doesn't mean we are guaranteed a Super Bowl before AJ Green is gone (I'm using AJ because he's closer to Andrew Luck's talent than Andy is).

Last edited by bishopbengals; 02-11-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: BalTwoMore

[quote=Bmoreblitz;2799675]Hello Haters!!

This was the night the lights went out in New Orleans.

This was the night the unforeseen happened. The night that crowned a new champion. The night that saw two quarterbacks take the next step, with one becoming elite.

The night that saw Ray Lewis retire with a second ring. The night that gave Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata their first. The night that saw Joe Flacco become elite.

It couldn't have started better for the Ravens, with Joe Flacco marching them down the field after forcing a punt from San Francisco.

Flacco found Anquan Boldin for the game's first touchdown, on a perfectly thrown pass over two Niners linebackers. On third down nonetheless.

This was a night that saw the Ravens jump out big with three Flacco touchdown passes in the first half. After tossing a score to Boldin, Flacco found Dennis Pitta for a touchdown.

And then the lights went out. Thirty-four minutes passed as the Superdome tried to regain power. It was a perfect scenario for the young 49ers. Take some time and regroup. Refocus and settle down. There was still plenty of time.

And that's what the Niners did. Colin Kaepernick was fantastic in the second half and will go on to so great things in the NFL. Without him, the Niners don't come back and make a game out of it.

Kaepernick and San Francisco began giving Baltimore every shot it could dish out. And a Ray Rice fumble didn't help matters. But even when Kaepernick scampered in for a 15-yard touchdown run to cut the lead to 31-29, the Ravens' defense rose to the occasion. They thwarted the two-point attempt with a pressure from Reed. As long as Baltimore still maintained a lead it could feel in control.

One of the top three plays of the game for Baltimore, in my opinion, was Flacco's check to a pass on third-and-inches on the ensuing drive. Baltimore looked to have a run called, or perhaps a sneak. But San Francisco showed a loaded box with man coverage on Boldin.

Elite quarterbacks read this coverage and know what to do. Elite quarterbacks believe they can make the play. Elite quarterbacks then make the play.

Flacco made that leap tonight, and in doing so will be rewarded handsomely in the near future. But his throw to Boldin couldn't have been placed better. And Boldin couldn't have done a better job with body position and fighting for the first down, which allowed Baltimore to continue to milk some clock.

The game was much like the season. It wasn't easy and it wasn't pretty. But all that matters is which team is left standing at the end. On this night, Baltimore watched the confetti fall in celebration an jubilation.

A second Lombardi Trophy heads to The Castle in Owings Mills.

The Baltimore Ravens became Super Bowl champions.

LOL....Hi Haters!!![/QUOT

Wouldn't that be Balt'one'more, just saying you only won one game, which makes a total of two, super bowls.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
So you're basically saying that your Colts were like our Bengals last year? No one thought we would win a game and we made the playoffs. Doesn't mean we are guaranteed a Super Bowl before AJ Green is gone (I'm using AJ because he's closer to Andrew Luck's talent than Andy is).
No.

The Colts were clearly in re-build mode while the Bengals were supposed to contend.

I remember seeing a grade of A+ for the Bengals offseason draft. The expectations for the Bengals were much, much higher than were the expectations for the Colts. I personally thought the Colts were going to go 5-11. 6-10 if they got lucky. For them to get to 11-5 and make the playoffs blew my mind. That means the potential for the team is off the charts!

Your Bengals should be contending NOW! They have all the pieces, it appears. How come it isn't happening?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
No.

The Colts were clearly in re-build mode while the Bengals were supposed to contend.

I remember seeing a grade of A+ for the Bengals offseason draft. The expectations for the Bengals were much, much higher than were the expectations for the Colts. I personally thought the Colts were going to go 5-11. 6-10 if they got lucky. For them to get to 11-5 and make the playoffs blew my mind. That means the potential for the team is off the charts!

Your Bengals should be contending NOW! They have all the pieces, it appears. How come it isn't happening?
I meant 2011. Not 2012. The year we drafted AJ and Andy. They had us pegged as the worst team in the league.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I meant 2011. Not 2012. The year we drafted AJ and Andy. They had us pegged as the worst team in the league.
Yeah, I seem to recall that. Something about the Bengals releasing Ocho and not re-signing Owens and Carson quitting - all in one offseason. At least that was the perception. Clearly, those 3 were something like boat anchors instead of superstars that anchored the Bengals. It's pretty obvious that they dragged the team down because IMMEDIATELY after they're gone, the Bengals get to the playoffs 2 years in a row.

Those 3 leaving were the best thing that ever happened to the Bengals!