Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3117
Default Re: I predict that the Bengals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I predict someone will overpay MJ and we will sign Conner Barwin to a slightly lower salary to take his place (remember this happened when we lost Houshmanzadeh and signed Coles).
With us being able to Tag MJ he isn't going anywhere......maybe.
I predict the players in this FA and draft put us over the top, and we have the bucks.
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 81

We'll franchise Andre and MJ will leave in FA, not by MB being cheap but by someone (Jacksonville comes to mind) overpaying. Second day FA moves - Boley makes a lot of sense to me, probably a middle tier DE to replace MJ and other depth moves. Draft Ogletree #1 and a back and safety in round 2. None of the most orignal idea, Im aware.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The Browns are going to improve one of these years. If they add Alex Smith and a WR that will do it.
Agreed, I actually think Cleveland could be good this year. Not necessarily 'playoff' standard good, but they're going in the right direction. Depends what they do in the offseason of course.

I think one of MJ/Andre walks. Rather Andre, but I dont think we will keep both. I think we re-sign the other important guys though. Have a feeling we sign a 'big name' FA.

I'll go ahead and say we win the division, but still struggle mightily for a playoff win... the past two years marv could just about get away with that, no playoff win this year and it's no longer passable imo.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
With us being able to Tag MJ he isn't going anywhere......maybe.
I predict the players in this FA and draft put us over the top, and we have the bucks.
I'd rather tag Smith if we can't re-sign either and I have reason to doubt either wanting to sign here and it does not involve money.

MJ may not want to come back and play in a rotation. More snaps, more stats, more money.

Andre may feel like we doubted him all along and want to go to a team that has faith in him.... he may also be lured away by a team saying they will put him at LT.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 46672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post

Hit
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
Agreed, I actually think Cleveland could be good this year. Not necessarily 'playoff' standard good, but they're going in the right direction. Depends what they do in the offseason of course.

I think one of MJ/Andre walks. Rather Andre, but I dont think we will keep both. I think we re-sign the other important guys though. Have a feeling we sign a 'big name' FA.

I'll go ahead and say we win the division, but still struggle mightily for a playoff win... the past two years marv could just about get away with that, no playoff win this year and it's no longer passable imo.
Say the Browns sign Alex Smith or Flacco and draft a good WR or sign a Bowe...that immediately improves them.

Their defense is pretty good now.

That's the thing with our window of opportunity and lack of free agent signings. People think that because we're young we're essentially a lock to keep improving and keep making the playoffs. We're not. You have to strike when the window of opportunity is there.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1998

Quote:
Say the Browns sign Alex Smith or Flacco and draft a good WR or sign a Bowe...that immediately improves them.

That's the thing with our window of opportunity and lack of free agent signings. People think that because we're young we're essentially a lock to keep improving and keep making the playoffs. We're not. You have to strike when the window of opportunity is there.
Well maybe, a team's gotta utilise players. Just signing a guy like Bowe isn't the job done, you have to make him work. A few decent guys went to Philly recently and that didn't exactly go to plan... And there's no chance they get Flacco lol, but yeah I get your point. Tis why I said 'depends what they do in the offseason', some teams could look a lot better come August.

And yeah you're right with the 2nd bit too, teams dont usually have a long window of opportunity to win once their team is good. I mostly said I think we win the division just because I think the we're better than the Steelers/Browns and I have a feeling the Ravens slump after winning it all. We sign all of our guys and we shouldn't really drop from last year.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10028

I predict the Bengals will end up with Eric Wood at RG.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I predict the Bengals will end up with Eric Wood at RG.
Or we could keep him at his natural position of center. Also, is this a 2014 prediction?

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 67

Quote:

their defense was ranked 23rd and theyre switching to a 3-4 without the proper personnel. the browns won't be a concern in 2013.