Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

View Poll Results: Which player has the most impact at #21
Alec Ogletree 17 20.00%
Manti T'eo 3 3.53%
Giovani Bernard 4 4.71%
Kenny Vaccaro 50 58.82%
Other 11 12.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 818
Default Re: Who helps us most at #21

Vaccaro is he's still there at 21, Bernard if he's not. There's no way I want Teo on this team though. He's a complete Rey clone except with half of the IQ.....and that's saying something.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3222
bengals Re: Who helps us most at #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
What in the world are you talking about? There is nothing within my reply that was spirited one way or another. I offered what I saw as an unlikely scenario that could possibly be weighted for a certain outcome. Nothing more to it then that.

Wow ....
It's your reputation. At one point I used to just be annoyed at anything you said, but for whatever reason you don't bother me and I enjoy your posts (except for the Hartline ones lol).
Old 02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
No on T'eo even though I hear is girlfriend is super hot.

Bernard I like a lot, but feel he will be available in 2nd round.

Vaccaro may fall to us and would be ok with it with pick if so. It certainly is a need.

But would take Ogletree out of 4 listed would be my pick if he actually did fall this far.

Suspect he will not, but if so will be happy, happy, happy.
ogletree is weak at the point of attack. NFL backs are gonna punk him, outside vaccaro id pass on all of em until 2a.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
It's your reputation. At one point I used to just be annoyed at anything you said, but for whatever reason you don't bother me and I enjoy your posts (except for the Hartline ones lol).
Lol, be gentle with him he's sad on the inside. I recommended this book to him.

I really hope it helps.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5770

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
ogletree is weak at the point of attack. NFL backs are gonna punk him, outside vaccaro id pass on all of em until 2a.
And he's raw, he's only spent 2 years playing at LB. I think he's athletically gifted enough to play MLB, but he will need a little time to get developed at the NFL level (this could make him fall a little). The guy can cover well (since he was a former D. He missed 4 games and despite that still racked up 111 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and broke up five passes while intercepting one. That doesn't seem like a guy that's weak at the point of attack. He should also be able to put on about 15 pounds and still retain his speed.

I'm hoping he's there for us to pick.

Later in the draft we can possibly pick up Sean Porter, Kiko Johnson, Bruce Taylor, Gerald Hodges, Keith Pough, or Devonte Holloman and that would really be a boost to our LB's.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3660

Quote:
Originally Posted by et2house View Post
I picked other. I want a playmaker/ game changer and a leader at 21, so I would take Elam.
I'm not sure I agree with Elam, but I whole-heartedly agree with your statement about playmakers. This pick needs to be the kind of guy that can change the course of a game.

I'm likely to get killed here for not listing who I believe that payer can be, but my point is that if there is not a gamechanger at DE, WR, G/C, or RB you have to slide back a few picks and still take a guy like Ogletree or T'eo and attain an additional third round pick.

My personal choice is Warmack if there at 21, if not, slide a few and gain a third for another TE like Kelce.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23516

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
I'm not sure I agree with Elam, but I whole-heartedly agree with your statement about playmakers. This pick needs to be the kind of guy that can change the course of a game.

I'm likely to get killed here for not listing who I believe that payer can be, but my point is that if there is not a gamechanger at DE, WR, G/C, or RB you have to slide back a few picks and still take a guy like Ogletree or T'eo and attain an additional third round pick.

My personal choice is Warmack if there at 21, if not, slide a few and gain a third for another TE like Kelce.
I have to agree about Elam. I was a fan of his until I really started watching tape of him. The more you watch the less impressive he becomes.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2754

Quote:
I have to agree about Elam. I was a fan of his until I really started watching tape of him. The more you watch the less impressive he becomes.
Have to say I agree somewhat as well, he is not real discipline. IMO if we needed a pure SS he would fit but I have feeling the seem route is going to be his arch nemeies.

He is one of those guys I'm just not all the way sure about, Olgeltree is another.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

I'd trade back if we can still get ogletree or arthur brown. We need an Impact linebacker to start for us this year. I'd like either one of them in the first, then Jamie Collins in the 3rd to play Sam. That in my mind was out weakest part of the team. Lawson and Rey were just god awful.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Case and point. You were merely trying to start something as usual. I asked if you had a point to the question but apparently you didn't.
Remove that stick from your butt
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23516

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Have to say I agree somewhat as well, he is not real discipline. IMO if we needed a pure SS he would fit but I have feeling the seem route is going to be his arch nemeies.

He is one of those guys I'm just not all the way sure about, Olgeltree is another.
Agreed on Ogletree. I like Arthur Brown way more as a LB prospect than I do Ogletree.