Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Choose one player to put on the 2013 team
Corey Dillon 40 27.59%
James Brooks 11 7.59%
Chad Johnson (not Ochocinco) 11 7.59%
Carl Pickens 2 1.38%
David Fulcher 9 6.21%
Anthony Munoz 31 21.38%
Carson Palmer (pre-knee injury) 8 5.52%
Ken Anderson 10 6.90%
Boomer Esiason 6 4.14%
Other (explain) 17 11.72%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2013, 05:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23810
bengals Re: If you had a time machine...

James Francis at SLB.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10324
Default Re: If you had a time machine...

Paul Brown. He would gut this team of the dead wood - and I'm not just talking about the players, either!

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 214

I went with Munoz...like another member suggested, "slide Whit over to LG and let the arse whoopings commence!" Inserting Munoz back at LT is peace of mind...for 10 years, we'd never have to worry about that spot, EVER!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2428

I chose Cook. If he is half as good as people say he would have taken us to back to back Superbowls, forget about back to back playoffs.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8822

Greg Cook before the injury and he never gets injured.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 628

I chose Boomer simply for his leadership. I think he would have grabbed a couple of these guys and tore into them like we haven't seen since he left. I think for a few guys (Gresham especially) that kick in the pants would have been a game changer.

Plus Boomer was amazing in play action. Even if teams stacked the box I feel pretty confident that Boomer in his prime could have completed balls over the top of the defense using play-action.

Describing my feelings on being a Bengal's fan.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Garrison Hearst.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
WOW...unbelievable...Anthony Munoz is the only HOF player in Bengals history and LT is the anchor of any offensive line...learn from Paul Brown,,,Line play wins championships...look at his first pick ever for the Bengals....Bob Johnson...if you do not vote for Munoz then you have no clue about football and what a winner is made of...O and D lines...period...end of story
one player on the line will not help the 2013 team as much as a good receiver, or a great running back, the team has enough talent on the lines, if you were starting with a new team, then you are right, but he wants a player to put on this team, so, I say a good receiver, or a great running back, I picked Curtis, because I think Ellis could run the ball good enough, but everyone said Daulton would be great with another receiver, and was giving him the benifit of the doubt.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

All year long you guys said Dalton just needed another receiver, and how great he is, how can another q-back help this team, wouldn't he have the same problems as Dalton, or is another q-back what the team needs, Dillon, or a good receiver is what it needs, if a different player under center will put this team over the hump, I rest my case, on Dalton.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2864

Curtis and a good draft this year. Our biggest area of need is another WR.

( then safety, MLB, and center in my humble opinion).

Loved Ken Anderson. For all the Dalton bashers, what were Kenny's stats after 2 years?

It may not happen but I continue to think Dalton can become anm elite QB. Which is why I picked Curtis.

If we did not have Dalton, then Ken Anderson.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1775

Dillon or Fulcher.
Tough choice to make. Both would be great on this team.
Just one choice though. Got to make it Dillon.
He was our best RB ever.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30379

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
James Francis at SLB.
Bwahahaha, that's a good one man. Wait wuuuut?

Francis was a good player, but I don't think he deserves mention with these guys.

I guess you really think SLB is going to be a major weakness.

I should probably point out that in this completely made up scenario, we would still have a draft and FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Garrison Hearst.
Total troll comment. Care to elaborate on why you think Hearst is better than Dillon or Brooks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
All year long you guys said Dalton just needed another receiver, and how great he is, how can another q-back help this team, wouldn't he have the same problems as Dalton, or is another q-back what the team needs, Dillon, or a good receiver is what it needs, if a different player under center will put this team over the hump, I rest my case, on Dalton.
I picked Dillon because I'm assuming we could still get a WR via the draft or FA.

Most of the people who picked a QB (bfine, eox, toast jones, etc) side with you on the Dalton debate.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5478

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
one player on the line will not help the 2013 team as much as a good receiver, or a great running back, the team has enough talent on the lines, if you were starting with a new team, then you are right, but he wants a player to put on this team, so, I say a good receiver, or a great running back, I picked Curtis, because I think Ellis could run the ball good enough, but everyone said Daulton would be great with another receiver, and was giving him the benifit of the doubt.
Ok...let me state it this way....

LT- Munoz
LG- Whit
C- Robinson
RG- Zeitler
RT- Andre

That my friend is a very very good offensive line and with that line you do not need an elite RB or elite WR just ones that can play the game the right way and do their job...

Do you know what made Boomer and Carson (early years) and Anderson so good??
Their O lines...period

Willie, Steinbach, Braham, Williams, L Jones
Munoz, Montoya, Kozerski, Reimers, Walters
Munoz, Lapham, Bush, Montoya, Wilson

It all starts up front...if I can improve my O line that drastically by adding one player then that is my move....I still take Munoz
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7751

I am ashamed of you guys.. I picked other because I didn't see a single other person mention this guy. Tim Krumrie.... how can he not be a choice listed? Oh my God, thinking about a DL of Johnson/Atkins/Krumrie/Dunlap... that's ABSURD. The QB would have the pocket collapsing on him before he even finished stepping back. He's a tough SOB, and still is today a monster about working out. Coming back from that injury in one offseason, craziness. Would give the entire team one hell of a tough mentality.

The man led his team in tackles as a nose tackle... for four straight years!

-
-

"We had a fight in practice Wednesday, always encouraging this time of week," Cincinnati coach Sam Wyche said. "Krumrie and Brian Blados. It`s always Krumrie and somebody."

It livens things up.

"You never know who`s going to be in the fight with Krumrie,"

quarterback Boomer Esiason said.

"Just seeing if the team is ready," Krumrie said. "Everybody was excited after that. It was a lover`s quarrel."

-
-

Cincinnati strength and conditioning coach, Kim Wood, says of Krumrie:

"He`s the strongest man in football. Bar none. He`s a simple, strong, brutal man. `The Creature` lives."

"He played with two dislocated thumbs this year," Wyche said.

Krumrie popped three dislocated fingers into place once without missing a play. If he came out, some No. 1 draft choice might come in.

0-5 Postseason, 7-18 Prime Time, 93-90-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
- - - - -

"Why hello there Antonio..."
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 54312

Looking back on 2012, the single most thing that stands out is lack of offense. Within that, the loss of Sanu, along with inconsistent performances by the rest of the receivers, tells me that Isaac Curtis would have the most impact. Just my opinion all things considered.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30379

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
I am ashamed of you guys.. I picked other because I didn't see a single other person mention this guy. Tim Krumrie.... how can he not be a choice listed? Oh my God, thinking about a DL of Johnson/Atkins/Krumrie/Dunlap... that's ABSURD. The QB would have the pocket collapsing on him before he even finished stepping back. He's a tough SOB, and still is today a monster about working out. Coming back from that injury in one offseason, craziness. Would give the entire team one hell of a tough mentality.

The man led his team in tackles as a nose tackle... for four straight years!

-
-

"We had a fight in practice Wednesday, always encouraging this time of week," Cincinnati coach Sam Wyche said. "Krumrie and Brian Blados. It`s always Krumrie and somebody."

It livens things up.

"You never know who`s going to be in the fight with Krumrie,"

quarterback Boomer Esiason said.

"Just seeing if the team is ready," Krumrie said. "Everybody was excited after that. It was a lover`s quarrel."

-
-

Cincinnati strength and conditioning coach, Kim Wood, says of Krumrie:

"He`s the strongest man in football. Bar none. He`s a simple, strong, brutal man. `The Creature` lives."

"He played with two dislocated thumbs this year," Wyche said.

Krumrie popped three dislocated fingers into place once without missing a play. If he came out, some No. 1 draft choice might come in.

I considered Timmy for the list, but our d-line is the biggest strength on the team.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13381

It came down to Dillon, Fulcher, or Pickens for me. I ultimately voted for Dillon though. A back like that would go a long way towards making our offense scary good.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I considered Timmy for the list, but our d-line is the biggest strength on the team.
Fair enough, but I still think he'd bring so much more than just his level of play. Leadership, toughness, a mean streak, and a huge amount of intensity. I'd love to see some of that. If Krumrie was on the team, you sure as hell wouldn't see anyone smiling on the sidelines in a game you're losing. I think there'd be a lot less buddy-buddy-ing with divisional rivals after the game, too.. win or loss. What ever happened to rivalries or just intensity at the level where you didn't want to go give a smile, hug, handshake to people you just lost to immediately after the game (or even won against)?

I think he'd help the team more than Munoz or Boomer would. I know there might be some who'll knock me for saying that, but it's what I believe. Though I admit Dillon and Fulcher are a bit tempting. I just think it's an attitude/strong leadership that's keeping the team from winning in the playoffs the last three years as much as anything roster-wise.

0-5 Postseason, 7-18 Prime Time, 93-90-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
- - - - -

"Why hello there Antonio..."
Old 02-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5488

Quote:
James Francis at SLB.
Ok...wait....
You have access to a time machine, that according to the OP gives you the opportunity to retrieve 1 Bengal great. And your showing up with James Francis???

OK????
Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1305

Other :

I'd get "Doc" Emmet Brown BEFORE he built the DeLorean and take him into the future, where a scrawny man like him would be killed on the field.

I was supposed to be a Billionaire before he and that dopey kid messed around in 1955. My grandfather was an offscreen dude who bumped into them and forgot to buy the lottery ticket.
Care to make some money when you're already online? I just signed up not long ago. It's not tons of money, not gonna get rich off of it, but I've made about 40 dollars in a week. Check it out if ya want!
*Yes, I make money if you complete offers as my referral, but it is IN ADDITION to what you make - I don't make any of your money*

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/690260

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/touchegg/5162/0665252600b8462356c68798bee22527
Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Is this player, supposed to get the team over the hump, if so I don,t see wher one lineman, offense, or defense will get the job done, it has to be a skill position player, why I went with Curtis, I didn't see where it said along with the draft, I was basing mine on the team now, starting a new season with the team intact.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1930

If I had access to a time machine I would travel back to when I was first born and convince my parents to invest every dime they made into Microsoft that way in present day I would have enough money to buy the team and sign whoever I wanted....

For the purpose of the OP I would say Dillon.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17838

Love the people saying Munoz.

Whitworth was the most efficient pass protector in the league last year. Period.

I voted Chad merely because that extra WR would have been MAJOR.

Dillon is a second choice, but the additional receiver would've helped...

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Love the people saying Munoz.

Whitworth was the most efficient pass protector in the league last year. Period.

I voted Chad merely because that extra WR would have been MAJOR.

Dillon is a second choice, but the additional receiver would've helped...
Did you just really compare Whitworth to the best LT in the history of football?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15760

Quote:
James Francis at SLB.
I don't even know what to say here.