Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7751
bengals Re: The Vikings May Trade Harvin After Rift With Coach

Then the Bengals can have two players on their roster who can't get suited up due to migraines. Maybe Moch and Harvin can trade tips on how to sham out of work.

But on a more serious note...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Apparently the only free agent/trade that gets the JN seal of approval is Brian Hartline.

Reggie Bush: Too expensive/misses too many games (reality? will cost no more than 4 million and has only missed 1 game in last 2 seasons)
Chris Ivory: May as well just draft 2 backs (we could sign Ivory and draft a back)
Ahmad Bradshaw: Too expensive/is recovering from an injured foot (won't be expensive and will not miss any time due to his foot)
Greg Jennings: He won't leave GB/costs too much. (he will leave GB and we could get creative)
Mike Wallace: Is a malcontent and costs too much. (Just wanted to get paid, and won't command Fitz money)
Dwayne Bowe: Costs too much. (I have seen a little support for bringing him in)
DHB: BUST. (Actually had nearly 1000 yards in Hue's system)
Percy Harvin: Malcontent/No 1000 yard seasons. (actually had 1300+ yards rushing/receiving in 2011, and is wayyy better than what we have)

I guess everyone thinks we should continue trying to fill all voids via the draft, even though the draft usually turns up 3 solid contributors max.
I'm on board for Ivory and Bowe.. heck, I think I am the one who first brought up picking up Ivory (though I also think drafting a back in the 2nd or 3rd to go with him would be best).... if they don't want/can't get Bowe, and really want to trade for a WR, I would rather just give up a 1st round pick and steal Victor Cruz from the NYG (who it really doesn't look like has the cap space to give him a contract) rather than trade a 1st or a 2nd/4th type of deal for Harvin. 16/16 games the last two seasons for Cruz, and way more productive than Harvin as a WR. (Oh, and of course I am all for going after Byrd, or if need be Goldson, or if really need be Glover Quin wouldn't be a bad pickup either.)

0-5 Postseason, 7-18 Prime Time, 93-90-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
- - - - -

"Why hello there Antonio..."

Last edited by TheLeonardLeap; 02-12-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536
Default Re: The Vikings May Trade Harvin After Rift With Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
Then the Bengals can have two players on their roster who can't get suited up due to migraines. Maybe Moch and Harvin can trade tips on how to sham out of work.

But on a more serious note...

I'm on board for Ivory and Bowe.. heck, I think I am the one who first brought up picking up Ivory (though I also think drafting a back in the 2nd or 3rd to go with him would be best).... if they don't want/can't get Bowe, and really want to trade for a WR, I would rather just give up a 1st round pick and steal Victor Cruz from the NYG (who it really doesn't look like has the cap space to give him a contract) rather than trade a 1st or a 2nd/4th type of deal for Harvin. 16/16 games the last two seasons for Cruz, and way more productive than Harvin as a WR. (Oh, and of course I am all for going after Byrd, or if need be Goldson, or if really need be Glover Quin wouldn't be a bad pickup either.)
No.NO. NOOO. to Harvin. We have a good locker room, he'd be Chad, TO, Pickins all rolled into one.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14134
Default Re: Thoughts on Percy Harvin as # 2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85CINCY85 View Post
I would be all for signing Harvin as our #2 i think the vikings are asking for a 2nd round pick. Just wanna know what everyone else thinks about that?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin
Wouldn't hate it, but he's only under contract for 2013, has had migraine/injury issues, and is really more of a slot guy.

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1427

whats wrong with choke slamming a college coach ? LOL
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14107

Percy wants DJax money. So does Wallace. So does Jennings. If you are banking on the front office dishing out a 5 year 60+ million contract to a number 2 with AJ up soon your setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't see them spending the money on the number 2 we all are wishing for. I'm thinking the number 2 we bring in is not a free agent yet, but will be once cut.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2051

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
Percy wants DJax money. So does Wallace. So does Jennings. If you are banking on the front office dishing out a 5 year 60+ million contract to a number 2 with AJ up soon your setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't see them spending the money on the number 2 we all are wishing for. I'm thinking the number 2 we bring in is not a free agent yet, but will be once cut.
Exactly right, and this is why I think we roll with Sanu or a cheaper veteran. If we splash out on a #2 WR 'cause we have the money', well just how are we gunna afford AJ when the time comes? The money we'd give these guys sets a precedent, and we'd then have to give AJ a ton more most likely. Before you know it we're spending a ton on our top two WR's. The #2 WR is a pretty tough dilemma for the team tbh.

As for Harvin, I think talent-wise he's a great fit. Money-wise not so much depending on what he wants. Injury-wise he was fine until the past season. He'd be a good fit imo, if he can stay healthy. But he'd have to come for the right money. Overpaying a #2 would be a bad move.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1359

A Diva WR isnot what this team needs. They seemed to do alright without him once he was on IR.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8526

Bengals will likely be looking to scoop up a salary cap casualty on the cheap, and the Vikings are not going to cut Harvin.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 738

If we can pull a patriots like trade and get him for a 6 or 7 round pick I say pull the trigger right meow
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
If we can pull a patriots like trade and get him for a 6 or 7 round pick I say pull the trigger right meow
Vikings are going to ask for at least a third. They spent a first for harvin and this guy was an MVP candidate before he got hurt.

Plus we don't need another slot guy. We already have like four of them on the roster

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Bengals aren't stupid enough to trade a second round pick for a malcontent, out-of-control headcase who has gotten into fights with two different NFL headcoaches, punched a coach in college, has all kinds of physical problems and misses lots of games, and who will only be here for one season.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4064

I heard a guy on the radio last night from Minneapolis who works for the Vikings, and according to him, the Vikings are hoping for a possible 1st round pick or high 2nd round pick for Harvin. I was thinking to myself during the whole interview, there's no way I would pay that much for a slot WR with injury issues (migraines, etc). I don't know if I'd give up a 3rd for him. If I were forced to give something, the best I would do is a 4th round pick.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalHawk62 View Post
I heard a guy on the radio last night from Minneapolis who works for the Vikings, and according to him, the Vikings are hoping for a possible 1st round pick or high 2nd round pick for Harvin. I was thinking to myself during the whole interview, there's no way I would pay that much for a slot WR with injury issues (migraines, etc). I don't know if I'd give up a 3rd for him. If I were forced to give something, the best I would do is a 4th round pick.
Everyone keeps overlooking the biggest issue. He has one year left on his contract and would only be here one season. You don't give up a high draft pick for that.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
Wouldn't hate it, but he's only under contract for 2013, has had migraine/injury issues, and is really more of a slot guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Everyone keeps overlooking the biggest issue. He has one year left on his contract and would only be here one season. You don't give up a high draft pick for that.
Third response to the OP...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
Third response to the OP...
In that case, almost everyone.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He supposedly wants $10 million a year. The 2nd Round pick isn't the issue.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45985

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
He supposedly wants $10 million a year. The 2nd Round pick isn't the issue.

When he can be a superstar performer for 16 games, with no injuries or migranes or behavioral issues....then we can talk about 10M per..
Old 02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
When he can be a superstar performer for 16 games, with no injuries or migranes or behavioral issues....then we can talk about 10M per..
That's the thing...he had 677 receiving yards and has never went over 1000 in his career.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcommish<2009> View Post
now there is a WR we should try and trade for . upgrade at WR and Kick Returner , definitely ! according to the article on foxsports.com , Harvin blew up on head coach Leslie Frazier over being placed on IR this season . Harvin blew up on him in front of several team members and the team members are supposedly not happy over it . because they have alot of respect for Frazier . Frazier used to be a coach here , we should be on the phone lines and try to make a deal for someone else does . i heard about this incident earlier in the year , but its come out now , they are trying to trade him .
I would love to have Green and Harvin, thats Super Bowl stuff....but how is his attitude...is he going to work with our coaches or what.....we don't need any more clubhouse cancers, we've had enough of them. Those type players slam dunk teams into last place.....So if his head is OK, and it could be done, I'ld be for it....Except, who you going to trade....Certainly not Geno Atkins.....The problem with trades is you have to give to recieve, and I don't want to trade our good players......So maybe free agency or the draft is the WR road to go, and not a trade.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I would love to have Green and Harvin, thats Super Bowl stuff....but how is his attitude...is he going to work with our coaches or what.....we don't need any more clubhouse cancers, we've had enough of them. Those type players slam dunk teams into last place.....So if his head is OK, and it could be done, I'ld be for it....Except, who you going to trade....Certainly not Geno Atkins.....The problem with trades is you have to give to recieve, and I don't want to trade our good players......So maybe free agency or the draft is the WR road to go, and not a trade.
For the cost, we'd be better off just signing a guy like Wallace or Jennings outright.

As for what you trade...they want a 2nd Round pick supposedly...then Harvin wants a large contract extension.

I'm ok with trading draft picks for guys that can come in and make an impact. We generally get 1 impact guy in each draft and that's usually with our 1st Round pick.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14107

Harvin wants Calvin and Fitz money lol

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...am-source-says

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...zgerald-money/

Last edited by jj22; 02-13-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 313

At 10 million a year, Harvin can kiss my ***. He might be good for 6-9 games a year, but his girly *** can't make it a full year. He is worth more like 5 million a year, I want nothing to do with that POS
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
He'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get half of what those future HOFers got.

Harvin as he is now is nothing more than a footnote in the NFL.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45985

Quote:

His fair market value is exactly what his contract calls for this season, 2.9M.

He has yet to prove that he can tough out an entire season, while keeping his mouth shut.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
Come on meow, ocho was at the end of his career. Harvin is much younger meow than ocho was.

Meow