Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > College Football

College Football Now all you Buckeyes homers have your own place to talk about your favorite team.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4567
Default Urban Recuriting tool?

he pulled in a great class. Wonder if he used this story to pull recruits? I'm suprised The Terps were so quick to join the B1G.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...y-hayes-turtle

So this story from current Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer shouldn't be too surprising. Chris Vannini of CoachingSearch.com transcribes this story from Meyer at an Ohio coaches' convention about Hayes and a turtle, and certainly not the turtle Ohio State shares with Illinois:
"So I guess Ohio State had lost the bowl game, so Earl Bruce brings in Woody Hayes. I had been there just a week and I'm thinking, 'Holy, this is Coach Hayes.' I'm sitting in the back. Coach Hayes was not healthy at the time, but stands up and starts laying into the coaching staff about toughness. That we have no toughness in the program. That's why we lost the game. On and on and screaming, this old guy pounding the table. He says, 'We have no toughness, and the reason is because you're not tough. No one on this staff is tough enough, and that's a problem.'

"He reaches down and grabs this box, slides the top and there was something in the box moving around. He reaches in and he pulls out this turtle. He reaches down, this turtle's snapping and he says, 'I'm going to show you toughness.' He unzips his pants and takes out whatever he takes out. The turtle reaches up and snaps at him. You see the veins and the sweat (on Hayes). He screams at the coaches, 'That's toughness! That's f'n toughness!' He reaches down, pokes the turtle right in the eye and it falls off. He wipes the sweat off his forehead and says, 'That's the problem. We don't have anybody in this room tough enough to do that right there.

"(One assistant) raises his hand and says, 'Coach, I'd do this. Just promise not to poke me in the eye.'"

here is a pic of said turtle:

epic fail on my part on the thread title (sp) but epic trolling efforts

Last edited by bengal_fan_in_toronto; 02-12-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32161
Default Re: Urban Recuriting tool?

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry