Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,716
Rep Points: 2244
Default People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

I am amazed when i see so many threads saying Dalton is not the guy he ***** ect. Time to put those people in there place. Isn't Dalton in his 2nd year? A lot of you think he would've been Joe Montana in his 2nd season? Come on! You can not tell what kind of Qb he will be until 4-5 year mark imho. Be honest 1 player does not lose the game for you the whole team loses. If i remember correctly Gresham had a crap load of dropped passes in the playoff game.

I also recall Green dropping a td pass as well. Dalton had a miss td throw as well but it should not of came down to that period. I feel coaching was the main problem in that game.


All we need on Offense is a very solid #2 WR Center and a Explosive RB that can also catch.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
CornerBlitz's Avatar
CornerBlitz CornerBlitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,476
Rep Points: 4090
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by havean View Post
I am amazed when i see so many threads saying Dalton is not the guy he ***** ect. Time to put those people in there place. Isn't Dalton in his 2nd year? A lot of you think he would've been Joe Montana in his 2nd season? Come on! You can not tell what kind of Qb he will be until 4-5 year mark imho. Be honest 1 player does not lose the game for you the whole team loses. If i remember correctly Gresham had a crap load of dropped passes in the playoff game.

I also recall Green dropping a td pass as well. Dalton had a miss td throw as well but it should not of came down to that period. I feel coaching was the main problem in that game.


All we need on Offense is a very solid #2 WR Center and a Explosive RB that can also catch.


If you do not have an elite QB, you need an elite defense. Most teams with elite defenses still come up short because the QB is that critical. People such as myself are critical of Dalton because we do not see the upside, i.e. that he will be an elite QB.

Again if you do not have an elite QB then you need an elite defense. Look at the last few QBs that have won the SB......they were all playing at an elite level to finish the season.

Flacco
Manning
Rodgers
P.Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Brees

An elite QB is imperative if you want to sustain a high level of success consistently.
__________________
No more excuses for Dalton...time to put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Go Cards's Avatar
Go Cards Go Cards is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Still Clinging to Hope
Posts: 4,479
Rep Points: 14157
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Think Sanu can be that WR and am now on the Joseph Randle train for RB.
__________________
14+18+25+32+85+82+12+84+77+71 x 97's Defense = Super Bowl Champions.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 7,135
Rep Points: 13617
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
Again if you do not have an elite QB then you need an elite defense. Look at the last few QBs that have won the SB......they were all playing at an elite level to finish the season.

Flacco
Manning
Rodgers
P.Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Brees

An elite QB is imperative if you want to sustain a high level of success consistently.
And how long did it take for any of those 'elite' quarterbacks to become 'elite'?

I'll give you a hint: It was longer than 2 years.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,716
Rep Points: 2244
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
If you do not have an elite QB, you need an elite defense. Most teams with elite defenses still come up short because the QB is that critical. People such as myself are critical of Dalton because we do not see the upside, i.e. that he will be an elite QB.

Again if you do not have an elite QB then you need an elite defense. Look at the last few QBs that have won the SB......they were all playing at an elite level to finish the season.

Flacco
Manning
Rodgers
P.Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Brees

An elite QB is imperative if you want to sustain a high level of success consistently.
Then i guess the chargers did not see the upside of Drew Brees? I have seen plenty of upside on Dalton. It is only his second year. Flacco took 4 years. Dalton just has to control his happy feet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,716
Rep Points: 2244
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Think Sanu can be that WR and am now on the Joseph Randle train for RB.
I think so to When Sanu played our offense looked scary good. I am totally down for Randle. I also wouldn't mind picking up Reggie Bush.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 7,135
Rep Points: 13617
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Stop blowing things out of proportion.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
JungleJuice's Avatar
JungleJuice JungleJuice is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: WESTSIDE
Posts: 4,928
Rep Points: 7868
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
If you do not have an elite QB, you need an elite defense. Most teams with elite defenses still come up short because the QB is that critical. People such as myself are critical of Dalton because we do not see the upside, i.e. that he will be an elite QB.

Again if you do not have an elite QB then you need an elite defense. Look at the last few QBs that have won the SB......they were all playing at an elite level to finish the season.

Flacco
Manning
Rodgers
P.Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Brees



An elite QB is imperative if you want to sustain a high level of success consistently.

People like you use the term elite to the point that it is not what it should represent.

ANYONE can get hot.

The term ELITE should be reserved for the guys that are ALWAYS just that.... elite.
Not 1 or 2 hot seasons or a crucial playoff run...... how about a career of exceptional performance.

Manning and Brady are the only QBs playing right now that I would deem elite.
With Manning its the talent and Brady the drive leadership and will to win.
And both of those guys have their weaknesses also.
__________________
Official EX Bengals Message board Microsoft paint master

Last edited by JungleJuice; 02-12-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Stop blowing things out of proportion.
I'm not blowing things out of proportion, I didn't even mention how Dalton and company managed to set a new negative playoff record after a mere 2 years!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
bishopbengals's Avatar
bishopbengals bishopbengals is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 618
Rep Points: 744
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
I'm not blowing things out of proportion, I didn't even mention how Dalton and company managed to set a new negative playoff record after a mere 2 years!
Ahem, I present you Joe Flacco's stats for his first two years in the playoffs...


Rk Year G# Date Age Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts
1 2008 17 2009-01-04 23-354 BAL @ MIA W 27-9 * 9 23 39.1% 135 0 0 59.1 5.87 5.87 5 8 1.60 1 1 6
2 2008 18 2009-01-10 23-360 BAL @ TEN W 13-10 * 11 22 50.0% 161 1 0 89.4 7.32 8.23 5 5 1.00 0 0 0
3 2008 19 2009-01-18 24-002 BAL @ PIT L 14-23 * 13 30 43.3% 141 0 3 18.2 4.70 0.20 2 -8 -4.00 0 0 0
Passing Rushing Scoring
Rk Year G# Date Age Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts
4 2009 17 2010-01-10 24-359 BAL @ NWE W 33-14 * 4 10 40.0% 34 0 1 10.0 3.40 -1.10 6 5 0.83 0 0 0
5 2009 18 2010-01-16 25-000 BAL @ IND L 3-20 * 20 35 57.1% 189 0 2 48.4 5.40 2.83 1 2 2.00 0 0 0

The bold are his yards, touchdowns, and interceptions.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
Ahem, I present you Joe Flacco's stats for his first two years in the playoffs...


Rk Year G# Date Age Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts
1 2008 17 2009-01-04 23-354 BAL @ MIA W 27-9 * 9 23 39.1% 135 0 0 59.1 5.87 5.87 5 8 1.60 1 1 6
2 2008 18 2009-01-10 23-360 BAL @ TEN W 13-10 * 11 22 50.0% 161 1 0 89.4 7.32 8.23 5 5 1.00 0 0 0
3 2008 19 2009-01-18 24-002 BAL @ PIT L 14-23 * 13 30 43.3% 141 0 3 18.2 4.70 0.20 2 -8 -4.00 0 0 0
Passing Rushing Scoring
Rk Year G# Date Age Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts
4 2009 17 2010-01-10 24-359 BAL @ NWE W 33-14 * 4 10 40.0% 34 0 1 10.0 3.40 -1.10 6 5 0.83 0 0 0
5 2009 18 2010-01-16 25-000 BAL @ IND L 3-20 * 20 35 57.1% 189 0 2 48.4 5.40 2.83 1 2 2.00 0 0 0

And? John Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until he was 38...I guess Palmer still has 5 years before we can count him out, too!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM
bishopbengals's Avatar
bishopbengals bishopbengals is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 618
Rep Points: 744
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
And? John Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until he was 38...I guess Palmer still has 5 years before we can count him out, too!
I am just proving how stupid your argument is. Flacco was arguably worse than Dalton save a few touchdowns in his first two seasons, he just had a great defense that carried him. Look at what I bolded.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 PM
bishopbengals's Avatar
bishopbengals bishopbengals is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 618
Rep Points: 744
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
I am just proving how stupid your argument is. Flacco was arguably worse than Dalton save a few touchdowns in his first two seasons, he just had a great defense that carried him. Look at what I bolded.
I'm sorry, he had 1 touchdown and a whopping 7 interceptions. Along with one game where he had 30 yards. He was so pro.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
I am just proving how stupid your argument is. Flacco was arguably worse than Dalton save a few touchdowns in his first two seasons, he just had a great defense that carried him. Look at what I bolded.
Wait, so it's ok to make excuses because Dalton isn't as bad as Flacco was in his first 2 years? Meh, if that's what it takes to make you happy, to each his own.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
bishopbengals's Avatar
bishopbengals bishopbengals is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 618
Rep Points: 744
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Wait, so it's ok to make excuses because Dalton isn't as bad as Flacco was in his first 2 years? Meh, if that's what it takes to make you happy, to each his own.
You are hopeless. Apparently you missed the part where Flacco, who was horrible in his first two playoff berths, just won a Super Bowl. Yes it is okay. They have something in common, it was their first and second years in the league. Stop complaining about everything. Go root for the Bears, they are doing fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 7,135
Rep Points: 13617
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Wait, so it's ok to make excuses because Dalton isn't as bad as Flacco was in his first 2 years? Meh, if that's what it takes to make you happy, to each his own.
No, he's saying be patient and stop judging a QB on a broken offense after 2 damn years.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
You are hopeless. Apparently you missed the part where Flacco, who was horrible in his first two playoff berths, just won a Super Bowl. Yes it is okay. They have something in common, it was their first and second years in the league. Stop complaining about everything.
You're right...maybe he'll throw a TD pass in a playoff game before his 30th birthday!

YAY!! OPTIMISM!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
No, he's saying be patient and stop judging a QB on a broken offense after 2 damn years.
Broken offense? Yuh oh, the Carson Cavalry is back!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
momadance02's Avatar
momadance02 momadance02 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,183
Rep Points: 9354
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Wait, so it's ok to make excuses because Dalton isn't as bad as Flacco was in his first 2 years? Meh, if that's what it takes to make you happy, to each his own.
You're quite hopeless.


He's been in the league for two years and some of you already want to get rid of him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
bishopbengals's Avatar
bishopbengals bishopbengals is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 618
Rep Points: 744
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Broken offense? Yuh oh, the Carson Cavalry is back!
He's talking about Andy, how could you not know that? Andy has no legitimate weapons outside of AJ. Don't give me the Gresham crap, he needs to step it up.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM
momadance02's Avatar
momadance02 momadance02 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,183
Rep Points: 9354
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Broken offense? Yuh oh, the Carson Cavalry is back!
Please, tell us how elite our offense was last year...

Rotating centers, rookies, guys playing out of position, injuries to key players, terrible play calling, tons of dropped balls, ONE running back...


But yeah, it's all Dalton!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
You're quite hopeless.


He's been in the league for two years and some of you already want to get rid of him.
I never said get rid of him, I'm just more apt to place his performance in the playoffs above his age. I like Dalton, I'm mostly just being a pain to see how many people will act like we can't complain about anything until X number of years have passed and THEN we'll know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
He's talking about Andy, how could you not know that? Andy has no legitimate weapons outside of AJ. Don't give me the Gresham crap, he needs to step it up.
Twas a joke. Lordy, Ok well I'll just bow out and leave you guys to your "YAY for youth" meeting, or whatever it is. Forgive me for expecting a bit more out of Dalton.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,977
Rep Points: 9273
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Please, tell us how elite our offense was last year...

Rotating centers, rookies, guys playing out of position, injuries to key players, terrible play calling, tons of dropped balls, ONE running back...


But yeah, it's all Dalton!
I'd ask you to tell me where I blamed our 20-something ranked offense for the past half decade on a single readheaded QB but I wouldn't want to send you looking for a statement that doesn't exist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:42 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,884
Rep Points: 8983
Default Re: People put the Qb to high on the Totem pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by havean View Post
Then i guess the chargers did not see the upside of Drew Brees? I have seen plenty of upside on Dalton. It is only his second year. Flacco took 4 years. Dalton just has to control his happy feet.
Flacco has won at least 1 playoff game in each of his 1st 5 years.

I like Dalton...but about 15-20 qbs are better than him. We need a WR2 badly!

Percy Harvin anyone?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.