Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4351
Default The Browns 2012 Draft what could've been

I wasn't sure where this should go, it is draft related but it concerns the Browns. It is also a little bit of smack but I decided in the around NFL. If the mods disagree then they can feel free to move it.

The Browns had a golden opportunity in the 2012 draft and could have been scary good. So let's recap.

The Browns had picks
4, 22, 37, 67 and 100 . The 4th and some late round picks was traded to the Vikings for the 3rd pick, and the 67th pick was traded to Denver for picks 87 and 120.

So now the Browns have picks
3, 22, 37, 87, 100 and 120

Now we all know they selected (3) Richardson RB, (22) Weedon QB, (37)Swartz OT, (67)Hughes DT, (100) Benjamin WR, (120) James MJ LB.

Now I am not really gonna break down the Richardson trade but I am gonna mention how the Denver trade was a bad one.

The Browns draft could have been like this
3. Richardson
22. DeCastro or Zeitler
37. Schwartz
67. Russell Wilson

The draft actually fell this way for the Browns and they didn't capitalize on it. Wilson was selected 75. The could have had a great RB behind a scary OLine with a franchise QB. Sure they wouldn't have Hughes or James MJ but having a franchise QB is more important than a DT and LBer.

I am so glad the Browns drafted the way they did vs they way they could've drafted because the Browns would be a much better team.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467
Default Re: The Browns 2012 Draft what could've been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I wasn't sure where this should go, it is draft related but it concerns the Browns. It is also a little bit of smack but I decided in the around NFL. If the mods disagree then they can feel free to move it.

The Browns had a golden opportunity in the 2012 draft and could have been scary good. So let's recap.

The Browns had picks
4, 22, 37, 67 and 100 . The 4th and some late round picks was traded to the Vikings for the 3rd pick, and the 67th pick was traded to Denver for picks 87 and 120.

So now the Browns have picks
3, 22, 37, 87, 100 and 120

Now we all know they selected (3) Richardson RB, (22) Weedon QB, (37)Swartz OT, (67)Hughes DT, (100) Benjamin WR, (120) James MJ LB.

Now I am not really gonna break down the Richardson trade but I am gonna mention how the Denver trade was a bad one.

The Browns draft could have been like this
3. Richardson
22. DeCastro or Zeitler
37. Schwartz
67. Russell Wilson

The draft actually fell this way for the Browns and they didn't capitalize on it. Wilson was selected 75. The could have had a great RB behind a scary OLine with a franchise QB. Sure they wouldn't have Hughes or James MJ but having a franchise QB is more important than a DT and LBer.

I am so glad the Browns drafted the way they did vs they way they could've drafted because the Browns would be a much better team.
Who cares even after a successful draft where they get good players the press the reset button anyways.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: The Browns 2012 Draft what could've been

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
Who cares even after a successful draft where they get good players the press the reset button anyways.
This. If we were the Browns, we'd be looking at a QB in round one this year. How is any quarterback supposed to succeed when they're given one year to prove themselves.

Dalton would be Colt McCoy in Cleveland.