Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Sham69Rock Sham69Rock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,383
Rep Points: 1499
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
Always be more aware of anything that is roasted because the added sat/trans fats as well as the increase in sugar.
What compares better to these, because these are the ones that I have been eating:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/planters-peanuts-honey-dry-roasted-49607709

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 02-12-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 AM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,950
Rep Points: 3323
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
What compares better to these, because these are the ones that I have been eating:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/planters-peanuts-honey-dry-roasted-49607709
Actually, that doesn't look too bad, as long as you do portions, might be a solid meal replacement or snack.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,936
Rep Points: 29939
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
That took me through the first 9 weeks. It starts out with running 60 seconds and walking 90 for a total of about 20 minutes.
In the Army, they call those "wind sprints". It's probably the best cardio exercise there is. Really gets your heart and lungs in shape.

Btw, I'm loving this thread guys. I'm 6'0" and weighed 165 coming out of boot camp in '06. I've gained 55 lbs since then due to lack of exercise and too much milk and candy bars. I'd love to get back in shape though, and I'm getting some good ideas here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 AM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,332
Rep Points: 73391
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

General thing relating to this - I'm not overweight, but I do like to be fit. One thing that has always prevented me from running, however, is I have insanely bad shin splints from just walking for too long of a time. I don't know if it's because I just think aout it (It doesn't happen when I'm with friends, but always by myself), or if it's fixable. I've used many different kinds of shoes and other things. I just wish I could have some endurance
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:31 AM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,950
Rep Points: 3323
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
General thing relating to this - I'm not overweight, but I do like to be fit. One thing that has always prevented me from running, however, is I have insanely bad shin splints from just walking for too long of a time. I don't know if it's because I just think aout it (It doesn't happen when I'm with friends, but always by myself), or if it's fixable. I've used many different kinds of shoes and other things. I just wish I could have some endurance
Shin splints are a common thing, more than likely it's the muscles irritated or swollen, this is natural. To regulate this, I wear knee high socks (Dwyane Wade style) and stretch well. You get shin splints simply from over working, running too much, not stretching well enough or being out of shape. I also stay away from jogging for this reason, you can avoid shin splints by rowing, biking, and elliptical. Just do what you can to REMOVE the pressure from your shins. I hope this helps.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 AM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,950
Rep Points: 3323
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
In the Army, they call those "wind sprints". It's probably the best cardio exercise there is. Really gets your heart and lungs in shape.

Btw, I'm loving this thread guys. I'm 6'0" and weighed 165 coming out of boot camp in '06. I've gained 55 lbs since then due to lack of exercise and too much milk and candy bars. I'd love to get back in shape though, and I'm getting some good ideas here.
Also uesd it a lot in Football, one of the endurance builders we used. Sprint across the field (55 yards) a dozen times. Stop, do 10 push ups, 10 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, 10 jumping jacks and then do x10 100 yard sprints and then do drop down's until we could not pick ourselves up off the ground.


Not a fan of this but I think it worked. I'm not sure how much different the military is, I do know their training is very intense, especially at more 'special' levels. Ranger training is OBSURD.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
GreenDragon's Avatar
GreenDragon GreenDragon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,743
Rep Points: 3510
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Starting a high fiber diet. Well, for breakfast, at least.
__________________
http://www.gofundme.com/dz3lno
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,823
Rep Points: 10620
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

So I went Next Level yesterday. 30 mins of cardio before work. Lifting after work. And an hour of cardio before bed. I'm trying to only eat carbs at one meal a day.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,950
Rep Points: 3323
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
Starting a high fiber diet. Well, for breakfast, at least.
Good idea. Just make sure you have TONS of water, as you will now be ****ting yourself a lot (thanks to the fiber). Water will help make it the best kind of 'poo' (one wipe and done). Just a solid tip for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
So I went Next Level yesterday. 30 mins of cardio before work. Lifting after work. And an hour of cardio before bed. I'm trying to only eat carbs at one meal a day.
Good work. Do not starve yourself, and do not shorten your carb intake. Carb is essentially energy, and when you workout to the extent you are (and I'm imaging you are at a high level) you will burn through the carbs/calories you intake. Just make sure you eat more, that way you will have the energy level to sustain that for a long period of time, as well as continue to get the body you want.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,936
Rep Points: 29939
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
Also uesd it a lot in Football, one of the endurance builders we used. Sprint across the field (55 yards) a dozen times. Stop, do 10 push ups, 10 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, 10 jumping jacks and then do x10 100 yard sprints and then do drop down's until we could not pick ourselves up off the ground.


Not a fan of this but I think it worked. I'm not sure how much different the military is, I do know their training is very intense, especially at more 'special' levels. Ranger training is OBSURD.
Regular Army boot camp usually consisted of this:

2-3 mile runs every other day (excluding Sunday) + plenty of extra exercise administered by Drill Sergeants (smokings)

Normal exercises on non-running days. This included push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks, mountain climbers, front-back-go's (these were a $#@%), as well as laps of bear crawls and crab walks. + plenty of "smokings" from Drill Sergeants.

You are graded on a scale by how many push ups and sit ups you can do in 2 minutes each, as well as your 2 mile run time.

My peaks in boot camp were 67 push ups in 2 min, 73 sit ups in 2 min, and a 2 mile run of 14:28. That was good for a score around 260. Rangers/Airborne need around 270+ minimum I believe. Hardcore stuff.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 PM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 9,195
Rep Points: 11780
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
I need to drop 20 lbs. I'm @ about 200 lbs. I'm 5'7".

Anyone else in that kind of situation?

Any tips?
I'm well over 200...lol...but also 5' 7".

At my fittest...at 23 years old, going to the gym five days a week, low fat diet, taking a diet pill as promotion for the radio station I worked at...I got down to 210.

Maybe I'm big boned? LOL!

Then my wife and I did Atkins and exercise. I went from 250 to 220 and then got the flu and dropped to 205! Then I started eating again...

Now at 43 years old I've gained and lost so many times I can't count, but I just joined a gym for the first time in a decade. The kids are old enough to stay home if my wife or I want to go and can go with us if they want to. (My son, 11, is the only one in the family who can eat whatever he wants and not gain an ounce...)

So after all that all I can say is watch what you eat and exercise.

I've learned that cutting out all soda, not eating after 8:30 at night, and eating healthy snacks so I eat 5 or 6 times a day works with a regimen of walking for me.

Good luck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Sham69Rock Sham69Rock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,383
Rep Points: 1499
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Man, I've been like seriously working out & swimming laps all week (the weather's been real nice), but I made the mistake of thinking I could get away w/ adding rum&cokes back into my diet: http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...c-cola-i201991 NO MORE !!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:52 AM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,950
Rep Points: 3323
Default Re: Need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Man, I've been like seriously working out & swimming laps all week (the weather's been real nice), but I made the mistake of thinking I could get away w/ adding rum&cokes back into my diet: http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...c-cola-i201991 NO MORE !!
And that is just accounting for Rum/Coke and not the other food/drink you have in the day. That is why soda ***** so bad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.