Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
bengals Bengals Draft #2

1st RD-WR- Keenan Allen- California

-We would have to trade up. I have faith in Sanu as the #2 with Marvin Jones as the #3.

OR

1st RD-CB- Xavier Rhodes- Florida State

-Xavier Rhodes should be there for our first pick. We could stack our CB core. It would greatly improve our coverage and with the pick of Margus hunt in the 2nd our D would be one of the best in the league. Plus the addition of Dj Swearinger at SS in the third. Dre Kirkpatrick and Xavier Rhodes have the type of skills to be our outside corners at the #1 & #2. We all like Leon and I think he would be better fit playing as the slot corner if this scenario happened to occur.

2nd RD-DE-Margus Hunt-SMU

-We should resign Mj to a one year deal or tag him. Margus Hunt will be an above average player, but we are in need of a DE since we are thin at that position. Hunt can also rotate and play DT... This is a position of need pick.

2nd RD-C- Barrett Jones OR OG- Larry Warford-Ky

-If we can't get Barrett Jones at Center then we won't be getting a new Center, We'll be getting a new guard. Clint Boling is average and should serve as a backup. As well as Kyle Cook and Robinson.

3rd RD-SS-Dj Swearinger-SCU

-This is the only safety we should draft.

4th RD-CB-Leon McFadden-SDSU OR OLB Gerald Hodges

-If we take Keenan Allen then we would take McFadden here. If we take Xavier Rhodes then we would take Gerald Hodges here.

5th RD-TE-Michael Williams-Alabama

-Must draft. Great blocker.

6th RD-RB-Rex Burkhead-Nebraska

-Possible BJGE replacement at the #2 spot when his contract is up. I'm surprised Burkhead's stock is 6-7. Hard runner and knows how to find holes.

6th RD-K-Caleb Sturgis-Florida

-Bring in a kicker to compete with Brown.

FREE AGENCY

REGGIE BUSH

LINEBACKER
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17935
Default Re: Bengals Draft #2

I would not be in favor of trading up for Allen or really any other receiver. If you did trade up, at least one and maybe more of those later picks would be gone. Is Allen worth two or three players?

Unless Rhodes is a transcendent talent, day one starter and lockdown corner, it would just be overkill in my mind. We should be in pretty good shape at CB this year.

If we sign MJ, which I believe will happen, it certainly won't be for one year. I just don't see us as being that thin at DE if MJ is signed. I see Geathers and the Traveling Gilberry both coming back. If they don't both come back, then there'd be a need.

I'm all for signing Reggie Bush. I think he would be a great weapon for our offense. If that happened, I can't see taking Burkhead. If I'm taking a RB that late, it'll be KWill, who would be a major asset in the return game.

I wouldn't touch a K unless there is absolutely no one who could even be a ST or developmental player. I might be looking for Roland's replacement there.

I'd be fine with the rest of it.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1285

Not bad. I have no real desire to look at a WR or CB in the first two rounds though. More youth at the WR position isn't what we need IMO. We need a proven quality veteran to come in and be able to lineup across from Green while the young guns improve.

CB could use some youth but I think there are bigger needs with great players available. With younger guys like Kirkpatrick, Prater and Ghee being big question marks. I think the early picks should be used on positions of need as long as the talent level is comparable.

I would like to "target" LB, Safety, RB(2nd round),DE and Center in the first two round in no particular order.

While I like Burkhead, I would prefer to look at speedier complementary rb to go with BJGE. Ideally, someone like Randle from OKST would be grabbed in the second for great value.

That's just me sharing my personal opinion and draft preference. I don't you reached for anybody or grabbed bad players though. Good job.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post

-We would have to trade up. I have faith in Sanu as the #2 with Marvin Jones as the #3.

OR

-Xavier Rhodes should be there for our first pick. We could stack our CB core. It would greatly improve our coverage and with the pick of Margus hunt in the 2nd our D would be one of the best in the league. Plus the addition of Dj Swearinger at SS in the third. Dre Kirkpatrick and Xavier Rhodes have the type of skills to be our outside corners at the #1 & #2. We all like Leon and I think he would be better fit playing as the slot corner if this scenario happened to occur.

-We should resign Mj to a one year deal or tag him. Margus Hunt will be an above average player, but we are in need of a DE since we are thin at that position. Hunt can also rotate and play DT... This is a position of need pick.

-If we can't get Barrett Jones at Center then we won't be getting a new Center, We'll be getting a new guard. Clint Boling is average and should serve as a backup. As well as Kyle Cook and Robinson.

-If we take Keenan Allen then we would take McFadden here. If we take Xavier Rhodes then we would take Gerald Hodges here.

-Possible BJGE replacement at the #2 spot when his contract is up. I'm surprised Burkhead's stock is 6-7. Hard runner and knows how to find holes.

FREE AGENCY

REGGIE BUSH

LINEBACKER
Not trading up for a WR. It's not THAT big a need and there will be plenty of WRs available. Would not object to a CB in 1 if he is BPA, and no one who addresses a need is a value.

I like Hunt, but I'm not sure I like him at 37. He has a lot of upside, but he's really raw. He may not last that long anyway.

I don't think the Bengals believe they have an early need on the O-line unless they lose Andre, so I don't see either of those picks happening.

No problem with Swearinger, but there are plenty of safeties worth taking.

I'd be ok with either of those 4th rounders.

Williams is good, but I might rather take a backup tackle here to replace Roland.

Burkhead is ok, but I really think we need a RB earlier.

You don't draft a kicker to be "competition". You bring in a CFA. And between Nuge and Brown there is ZERO need anyway.

I don't see the Bengals paying Bush what I think he will want, and I don't think he wants to play linebacker.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1572
bengals Re: Bengals Draft #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post

OR

FREE AGENCY

REGGIE BUSH

LINEBACKER
I feel our 1st pick will be defense as they will be BPA more so on defense.Our second round will be running back and possibly another top O-lineman. Just my feelings.All of us know how much Marvin loves linebackers, and or defensive lineman, but with Hue Jackson in his ear I see some surprises coming for the O-line and maybe two running backs.We are GOING to run the rock this year, and that requires better lineplay and better running backs.I see Brian Leonard and Bernard Scott being let go.Peerman will probably keep his job as he is good on ST's, and can come in and give a rb a blow and run pretty good.I am exicited to see what unfolds this draft.Giving Andy a solid line and a top running back will help him a TON.Also there will be another receiver either drafted or FA TO HELP US.