Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 215
Default Re: a Fine Pre-Combine Mock.

I really like the mock I love randle think he could be just what we need at RB Woods would be the perfect target opposite Green IMO I like him more than all the other WR and he could be had later. I'm new on here how do you do the pictures
Old 02-13-2013, 12:07 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37452

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBite View Post
I'm new on here how do you do the pictures
Find a picture you like, right click and select copy url. go to your thread. right click and select paste. Now select preview post, your image will show up in the edit part with [/url] and [url] on each end. Change to [/img] and [img]
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Find a picture you like, right click and select copy url. go to your thread. right click and select paste. Now select preview post, your image will show up in the edit part with [/url] and [url] on each end. Change to [/img] and [img]
Nice thanks man hopefully it will let me post my own mock soon
Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10367

Quote:
Maybe I should update mine and add pics!

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2189

Quote:
In my experience its simpler to find the picture right click and copy url, when your back to your thread click the following icon :

It will open a box, paste your URL in there and hit okay.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
In my experience its simpler to find the picture right click and copy url, when your back to your thread click the following icon :

It will open a box, paste your URL in there and hit okay.
Nice thanks guys. This year will be interesting to see where the linebackers land I have seem 5 guys that could go top ten to second round. Man if I was manti I would do all I could to prove myself after all that has gone down. That is what I find intriguing. When you are faced with adversity some people crumble some excell. I hope he excells.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9545

Love the Joseph Randle pick. Hope this is the kid we draft.

Made Vaccarro look silly on his long TD run in Oklahoma State vs. Texas game.

He blocks, has speed, catches the ball well, and is very elusive.

Only problem I see is he is a little light and wonder if he can take the pounding in the NFL and not great at breaking tackles after contact.

But hope to see him in stripes and find out.

Like your WR and SS selections as well.

Last edited by Go Cards; 02-13-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM
MB HOF Inductee

My man Schwenke killed it at the first day of the combines. Tommorrow is
time for Woods, Randle, and K. Williams to shine.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1311

Nice draft. Not a big fan of the Woods pick but understand why you took him.
I would have liked to see a pass rusher earlier in your draft. There is a lot of talent at DE this year and. Thnk it would be a good idea to cash in on it.

I couldn't really be mad at this
Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36311

Quote:
See a bunch of folks putting together their Pre-Combine mocks. Thouhgt I'd throw one out there so folks can say "damn, I shoulda done that".

1-MANTI T'EO/ ILB/UND

Dude puts up stats. Leaves college with 437 tackles (34 TFL), 8.5 sacks, and 7 INTs. A leader on and off the field. Quickly diagnoses the play and puts himself in position to make an impact. Folks will point to the Alabama game and try to capsulize an outstanding collegiate career with 1 game; those folks are silly. WTS dude still had 10 tackles in that game and put himself in position to make a few more.

2A-ROBERT WOODS/WR/USC

This guy is Chad Johnson. Almost identical in size, speed, and route running prowess. A track star with soft hands and crisp route running. Overshawdowed this year by Marquis Lee, which allows him to slip to the 2nd round. Last year he woulda battled Blackmon for the #1 WR in the draft.

2B-JOSEPH RANDLE/RB/OSU

Folks were getting really excited about Vacarro, so I watched some videos. One of them was the UT v. OSU game and surfice it to say Vacarro was not the one I came away most impressed with. Dude is a workhorse with good vision and good hands. If the kid can put on about 10 more pounds without losing any wiggle; he could be the best RB in this draft.

3-DJ SWEARINGER/SS/USC

Dude has played in every game he has been eligable for since arriving om campus. Has played SS, FS, and CB for the Gamecocks. Captian of the defense that does well in all the levels of the defense. I'm a huge Matt Elam fan; however, DJ brings a similar game available a couple rounds later. Twiiter name is "Jungle Boi Swag".

4-BRIAN SCHWENKE/OC/CAL

The fact that the board fell in love with an UDFA that had never played Center in his live tells you how bad Cook is. Schwenke dominated the big DTs during Senior Bowl week; both in practice and the game (owned Jenkins). Kid has played all 3 interior O-line positions.

5- REID FRAGEL/OT/OSU

Converted TE that is still learning the position.Even Jonathan Hayes could teach this TE to block

6A- KERWYNN WILLIAMS/RB/USU

Elite in the return game. Anything he brings in the running game will be a bonus

6B- QUANTERUS SMITH/ DE/WKU

At 6'5" 248 pounds he has the build to be the hybrid Marvin loves.Prior to tearing his ACL he had 12.5 sacks in only 10 games. Small scholl product, tweener size and injury allows us to get a steal. Look at the photo and play close attention to who he just put on thier back. Did it 3 times in that game.
You're a great salesmen and it sounds great. The only one I'm not buying is Teo though. Something about not knowing how to use the internet (best case scenario) bugs me too much to want him.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2053

I am purposely not looking real thorough at anyone in the draft yet because I don't want to fall in love with a certain players game until I see the combine numbers. SO can't really speak on your mock too much. Other than to say I like the areas of concern you have there w/exception to OC (though I'm never opposed to OL picks) I think people are overblowing Cooks season. Having said that I wanted to speak on Te'o, like him and my only real concern is how he gets off blocks and why that seems to be a potential issue going forward, though I don't think it's a big concern. I don't care about the off the field stuff, I get it.

2010 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

2011 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

E.Bruce/P.Brown/W.Hayes

Last edited by Scarlet&Orange; 02-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Great day for T. Williams and R. Woods. I think Mayock was praising him as much as any Wide Out today. Randle on the other hand was very disappointing. Might be time to look elsewhere.

Now tommorrow will be Manti's day to shine. Pretty sure my man Q. Smith is not working out.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7946

Not sure about Randle after today but the rest of this mock is damn good.
I like Fragel but maybe could use that pick elsewhere otherwise looks very solid.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

I'm not sure why anybody that has seen Randle play and been impressed would doubt him after he ran in a straight line for less than a football field.

I am quite pleased about this. We may now be able to grab Randle later in the draft and get stronger at another position as well.

Lets be honest, we all know that the Bengals are not going to grab a running back in the first two rounds of the draft. In fact, they will probably take one no sooner than round 4. If we can get a talent like Randle that late then I think we will be making out incredibly well.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Knowledge View Post
I'm not sure why anybody that has seen Randle play and been impressed would doubt him after he ran in a straight line for less than a football field.

I am quite pleased about this. We may now be able to grab Randle later in the draft and get stronger at another position as well.

Lets be honest, we all know that the Bengals are not going to grab a running back in the first two rounds of the draft. In fact, they will probably take one no sooner than round 4. If we can get a talent like Randle that late then I think we will be making out incredibly well.
I can agree with that but he was less than impressive earlier today and speed is very important at the pro level when it comes to taking it to the house. See BJGE 2012 Bengals.
After today he doesn't look to be a much better option than Peerman or BJGE when it comes to breaking away from the pack.

Last edited by coachmcneil71; 02-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

I don't care what happens in the underwear Olympics. What I see from Randle on tape is guy that is a threat to take it to the house on any given play.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
1. I wasn't a fan of Teo even before all of the girlfriend nonsense came out so I definitely dont want him now. Yea he put up numbers but there is more to it than that. Lacks speed and looks stiff at times, can also over-pursue at times.

2. I was actually just about to make a mock with Woods but got a refresher on him and came away unsure, especially at 2a. The Chad comparisons I agree with and think that he may end up being a very good player, my concern is with his ankle, it has been bothering him for a while now and id like to see more come out concerning that before I took him this early.

2. Randle has a very slim build and can run to high at times, add to that he isnt a burner or a guy that has a ton of moves. I think there would be better options at RB this early, some disagree but he doesn't really have anything special about him in terms of speed/moves/breaking tackles/size. I like Randle just not sure I like him enough to take him at 2b.

3-6. I like the rest though.

I think Id like it better if you moved Woods and Randle up, Woods at 2b and Randle at 3, if he isnt there there are guys like Franklin or Ellington that would be good picks instead and take a S at 2a. Just my opinion but I just have my concerns about those first 3 players.
i agree with not liking teo, he was far inferior against the best college football talent, what will he do against even better nfl talent, he just reminds me of rey m. way too much, but not with randle, the dude is a baller.