Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28143
Default Re: Christopher Dorner...The Manifesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
It's the first one ever used on American Soil. That's what I heard on the news..now could that be a bad source? yes. If it's not the first one then hey I have no problem with it. Why don't we use them for every killer then? Because it was a cop in danger they use special devices?
I still don't see how using drones for surveillance is an issue at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18097

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Again in my opinion I think it's a bit much to use it..especially since it's the 1st case and this guy had 'dirt' on the LAPD. They wanted to find him and find him quick. Best way to stop a leak is to seal it shut. He had the countries attention. Gotta silence him.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30359

Quote:
Again in my opinion I think it's a bit much to use it..especially since it's the 1st case and this guy had 'dirt' on the LAPD. They wanted to find him and find him quick. Best way to stop a leak is to seal it shut. He had the countries attention. Gotta silence him.
REally they use satelites and listening devices everyday on american citizens,... You think a little remote controlled plane with a camera is to much?

Is there a clift notes version of this thing. This isnt the type of book i want to read.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….

Quote:
See I guess I don't understand your opinion.

I can clearly see why setting the house on fire was a bit much.

I don't see how using a drone to find him was a bit much.

P.S. Just because you label your statement opinion, that in no way protects it from scrutiny. My goodness what's wrong with someone trying to understand where you are coming from? And to be honest it's still not clear.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
REally they use satelites and listening devices everyday on american citizens,... You think a little remote controlled plane with a camera is to much?

Is there a clift notes version of this thing. This isnt the type of book i want to read.
I know they do that everyday. You're missing my point. This is the first time EVER in the history of Drones that they have used one to try and track a fugitive. If they are going to do it more often to track people who commit these crimes I'm ok with it. I just think it's ridiculous if this is the ONLY case they use it. That's all.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
See I guess I don't understand your opinion.

I can clearly see why setting the house on fire was a bit much.

I don't see how using a drone to find him was a bit much.

P.S. Just because you label your statement opinion, that in no way protects it from scrutiny. My goodness what's wrong with someone trying to understand where you are coming from? And to be honest it's still not clear.
Lol I never said there is anything wrong with it and to be honest scrutiny doesn't bother me.

I think it's ridiculous because of this reason.

They set the house on fire obviously to kill him. They knew he wasn't going to come out. We all knew he wasn't. I personally believe he knew something and they were just trying to end it. Either way if they would of found him they would of killed him. The man wasn't going to stand trial he was going to be killed.

So I feel they used a drone to try and track him quicker so he couldn't get the 'truth out.' He called some people out in his 6000 word letter but take someone in Cincinnati who has killed 3 people they take forever to find. Even though they know who did it..why not use a drone? Ok I guess you could argue the city doesn't have the funds to use a drone but even in this case..the LAPD never used it before..until it invovled some serious ***** going down with the LAPD

Last edited by Blitzberg06; 02-13-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Lol I never said there is anything wrong with it and to be honest scrutiny doesn't bother me.

I think it's ridiculous because of this reason.

They set the house on fire obviously to kill him. They knew he wasn't going to come out. We all knew he wasn't. I personally believe he knew something and they were just trying to end it. Either way if they would of found him they would of killed him. The man wasn't going to stand trial he was going to be killed.

So I feel they used a drone to try and track him quicker so he couldn't get the 'truth out.' He called some people out in his 6000 word letter but take someone in Cincinnati who has killed 3 people they take forever to find. Even though they know who did it..why not use a drone? Ok I guess you could argue the city doesn't have the funds to use a drone but even in this case..the LAPD never used it before..until it invovled some serious ***** going down with the LAPD
1. Does Cinci have a drone?
2. How long has LAPD had a drone?

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
If they are going to do it more often to track people who commit these crimes I'm ok with it. I just think it's ridiculous if this is the ONLY case they use it. That's all.
This makes s lot more sense to me, than how you put it earlier.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
1. Does Cinci have a drone?
2. How long has LAPD had a drone?
1. I doubt they do. Not in the budget. Which is why I said they may not be able to afford it.
2. I tried to google this but I could not find a result. I did see multiple conflicting reports though. Some saying he is the first fugitive to be targeted by drones on US soil and then others saying they aren't. So I could be completely wrong that they even used it.

Last edited by Blitzberg06; 02-13-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
This makes s lot more sense to me, than how you put it earlier.
Sometimes I don't explain stuff in the best way
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
1. I doubt they do. Not in the budget. Which is why I said they may not be able to afford it.
2. I tried to google this but I could not find a result. I did see multiple conflicting reports though. SOme saying he is the first fugitive to be targeted by drones on US soil and then others saying they aren't.
on point 2... I would take the Term Targeted by Drones... as shot down by drones.

If he was just located they used a tool that cost the least amount of man hours to locate someone.. They could have done it with a helicopter. but that takes longer.

but i would not use the term targeted unless they were killed/attacked by them

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
on point 2... I would take the Term Targeted by Drones... as shot down by drones.

If he was just located they used a tool that cost the least amount of man hours to locate someone.. They could have done it with a helicopter. but that takes longer.

but i would not use the term targeted unless they were killed/attacked by them
Touche. I'm all for using the most efficent way to locate someone who is doing wrong..I just can't stand 'special treatment' cases.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I know...that's why I keep asking questions...I figure at some point in time you're going to stumble upon the right sequence of words.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I know...that's why I keep asking questions...I figure at some point in time you're going to stumble upon the right sequence of words.
-.- I'm sending drones after you.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
-.- I'm sending drones after you.
Would you say they are "looking" for me or "targeting" me?

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Would you say they are "looking" for me or "targeting" me?
Bof.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
dont worry i run into that problem alot...

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-13-2013, 01:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10449

Quote:
Touche. I'm all for using the most efficent way to locate someone who is doing wrong..I just can't stand 'special treatment' cases.
Yeah I was wondering if your issue with the use of drones was somehow equating it to the way the military uses them.

IMO
using for surveillance or tracking = no problem
arming and using to kill = big problem
Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16129
bengals Re: Christopher Dorner...The Manifesto

Quote:
People ( including myself ) have a problem with drones because they are military grade weapons capable of lethal force. They has carry the ability to spy on nonsuspecting civilians much like satellites and listening devices do, and we shouldn't accept those either. Also they carry the potential to circumvent laws in place designed to prevent unwarranted search ( and seizure). Maybe they do this through loopholes and its perfectly legal, in a legal sense but we as Americans are suppose to be shielded from such tactics or so we think.

Now, I realize drones aren't the first and prolly not the last military style weapons used on U. S. civilians but these have far more reaching designs than merely "an eye in the sky". It's occupation plain and simple. I'm sorry others accept this or don't realize it but it is....police state -- military state, there's really no difference here.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils advocate View Post
People ( including myself ) have a problem with drones because they are military grade weapons capable of lethal force. They has carry the ability to spy on nonsuspecting civilians much like satellites and listening devices do, and we shouldn't accept those either. Also they carry the potential to circumvent laws in place designed to prevent unwarranted search ( and seizure). Maybe they do this through loopholes and its perfectly legal, in a legal sense but we as Americans are suppose to be shielded from such tactics or so we think.

Now, I realize drones aren't the first and prolly not the last military style weapons used on U. S. civilians but these have far more reaching designs than merely "an eye in the sky". It's occupation plain and simple. I'm sorry others accept this or don't realize it but it is....police state -- military state, there's really no difference here.
So we see how you feel about helicopters but this discussion is about drones.

P.S. Neither drones or helicopters are weapons.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 01:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

We arent occupying ourselves....

They are simply using the best tools available that cost the lowest amount of man hours/power.

Now the issue of WHY they were tracking him down is a bigger issue to me than the actual how they did it.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22580

Quote:

Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Someone please notify the CIA...I think I have found a terrorist.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16129
bengals Re: Christopher Dorner...The Manifesto

Quote:

Yes they are. Both are capable of deadly force. Of course this hasn't happened yet, at least with drones on US soil, but it will. It always does. Of course I can't scrutinize that until it happens so....

And as I alluded to earlier, spying on Americans shouldn't be accepted under any terms. It's unfortunate that we do accept it and because we do or have, it will never go away.

PS weapons don't have to be lethal or combative to be considered weapons.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Yes they are. Both are capable of deadly force. Of course this hasn't happened yet, at least with drones on US soil, but it will. It always does. Of course I can't scrutinize that until it happens so....

And as I alluded to earlier, spying on Americans shouldn't be accepted under any terms. It's unfortunate that we do accept it and because we do or have, it will never go away.

PS weapons don't have to be lethal or combative to be considered weapons.
This pencil i have in my hand is cappable of deadly force. but we still allow those in schools.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry