Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 43072
Default Tired of dog poo on the lawn?

Try spreading cayenne pepper...

One property owner was tired of people not cleaning up after their dogs and did this.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...lite&GT1=43001

So, who's rights are violated, the property owners for having dog doo on their yard, or the pet owners, who let the dogs go on the yard?

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 38449
Default Re: Tired of dog poo on the lawn?

I thought this was going to be a revolutionary technique for getting rid of dog crap. I was ready to go outside and sprinkle cayenne all over some mounds.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
I thought this was going to be a revolutionary technique for getting rid of dog crap. I was ready to go outside and sprinkle cayenne all over some mounds.

No, this is a preventative measure.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10399

My neighbor put rat poison out because my dog pooped in his yard once so I called the police. I almost got arrested and my dog taken away because his crap was 5 inches over the line.

Hamilton police are horrible.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
My neighbor put rat poison out because my dog pooped in his yard once so I called the police. I almost got arrested and my dog taken away because his crap was 5 inches over the line.

Horrible bad for you and especially your pet, but people need to re-learn to respect other people's property boundarys. Not the police that are horrible, but you for not respecting the law, and the rights of a property owner.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Horrible bad for you and especially your pet, but people need to re-learn to respect other people's property boundarys. Not the police that are horrible, but you for not respecting the law, and the rights of a property owner.
It's an apartment complex.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79040

Quote:
lol id drop a load myself on their patio if i were you...
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36370

Quote:

That's a bit much, what a jerk of a neighbor you have. That's something I'd agree with doing if you've got a neighbor with a vicious dog that bit your kid or something, but for poohing in the yard? That's a few choice words voicing my displeasure and that's it.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 644

Quote:
So.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20967

The solution is easy. Train your dogs properly!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5846

Lawless, I assume you nirmally pick up your dog's crap when it poops anywhere that i not your private property.

Did this neighbor ever say somethung to you before just putting rat poison out? Are other dogs crapping on his property?

As a society, it seems we are getting worse and worse at being able to amicably resolve our problems. I guess maybe I'm the one who is wierd? If my neighbor does.something that ticks me off, i go know on his door and ask him to stop.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18073

Neighbor at my old house when I was younger put anti-freeze outside her garage and in her yard because she said she was trying to kill raccoons or something, and she ended up kiling both our cats, so we get a dog to replace them and she kills that, too.

It's not really like they were pooping in her yard or messing with her stuff............. she's just an evil *****.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49808

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Neighbor at my old house when I was younger put anti-freeze outside her garage and in her yard because she said she was trying to kill raccoons or something, and she ended up kiling both our cats, so we get a dog to replace them and she kills that, too.

It's not really like they were pooping in her yard or messing with her stuff............. she's just an evil *****.
You were the one that killed your own dog by not training it properly or keeping it off of other peoples property. Especially since you already knew there was poison it could get into.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7952

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
You were the one that killed your own dog by not training it properly or keeping it off of other peoples property. Especially since you already knew there was poison it could get into.
Really Fred? So if a small child, say somewhere between the ages of 2-5, drank this anti-freeze thinking it was green cool-aid it would be ok with you because the child wasn't properly trained?
I'm not advocating folks that intentionally allow their pets to deficate on other peoples lawns but if this person were my neighbor the police would have no other choice but to get involved.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49808

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Really Fred? So if a small child, say somewhere between the ages of 2-5, drank this anti-freeze thinking it was green cool-aid it would be ok with you because the child wasn't properly trained?
This is exactly why you don't let a 5 year old child wander around the neighborhood unsupervised. Especially if YOU ALREADY KNOW there is poison sitting out that he could get into.

People who are not responsibvle enough to take care of pets or children should not be allowed to have them.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21021

It's dog poop! People freak out over such crazy ****. If you have a problem, go talk to your neighbor about it, but be civil for Christ's sake. Killing or harming an animal is way over the line.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
This is exactly why you don't let a 5 year old child wander around the neighborhood unsupervised. Especially if YOU ALREADY KNOW there is poison sitting out that he could get into.

People who are not responsibvle enough to take care of pets or children should not be allowed to have them.
I feel ya but accidents and electrical fires happen.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
It's dog poop! People freak out over such crazy ****. If you have a problem, go talk to your neighbor about it, but be civil for Christ's sake. Killing or harming an animal is way over the line.

Because people are cowards these days, afraid of face to face conflict. And the one's that aren't, take stuff to the extreme. Kind of pathetic, actually.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Because people are cowards these days, afraid of face to face conflict. And the one's that aren't, take stuff to the extreme. Kind of pathetic, actually.
Maybe every community needs its own Klotsch.

But seriously, you're right. We've lost our ability to communicate in civil manner. Which takes us back to thread on devolution.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I used to manage a small beach property for several years.
These people are all pretty wealthy.I had a similar problem with a millionaire home owner allowing his dog to deficate on other owners properties. Tried communicating with the man about it but he wouldn't even face me about the issue.
It's a shame really because communication is really the key to the human race's prosperity.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I used to manage a small beach property for several years.
These people are all pretty wealthy.I had a similar problem with a millionaire home owner allowing his dog to deficate on other owners properties. Tried communicating with the man about it but he wouldn't even face me about the issue.
It's a shame really because communication is really the key to the human race's prosperity.
Don't you just love irony?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 60527

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not advocating folks that intentionally allow their pets to deficate on other peoples lawns but if this person were my neighbor the police would have no other choice but to get involved.
Sorry, but I gotta agree with Fred on this one. Train your animals properly, and respect others private property. And trying to make the analogy with a toddler is ridiculous. I have both dogs and cats and love them enough to train them so they dont get in that kind of trouble. But as a property owner, I have the right to spread cayenne pepper on my lawn if I want. If your dog doesnt like it, then keep it off my lawn. If I am changing my anti freeze and leave it out near my garage, if you dont want your cat to drink it, then keep your cat off my property.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Sorry, but I gotta agree with Fred on this one. Train your animals properly, and respect others private property. And trying to make the analogy with a toddler is ridiculous. I have both dogs and cats and love them enough to train them so they dont get in that kind of trouble. But as a property owner, I have the right to spread cayenne pepper on my lawn if I want. If your dog doesnt like it, then keep it off my lawn. If I am changing my anti freeze and leave it out near my garage, if you dont want your cat to drink it, then keep your cat off my property.
So, being a property owner just turns people into as sholes?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckCrazyTrain View Post
So.
So... my neighbor is not the property owner. Keep up.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18073

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
It wasn't like my dog and cats were always loitering on this lady's lawn or going doo-doo in her yard: the cats were wild cats that we had found and were always either in the woods on the side of our house opposite to hers, in our house, or just wandernig our yard, but she put the anti-freeze on the property line, so they were probably walknig around our house and it was in their face. Our dog never used this lady's yard to do her business and was never there, either. There was a big wooden fence in the back of our house that extended to her house, and then woods on the other side, so they never went to her backyard because it was too enclosed and they couldn't get anywhere from back there.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.

Last edited by bradfritz21; 02-17-2013 at 03:39 PM.