Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9721
Default Re: I'm not gonna lie there really 4 players I will like out of this draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I'm not actling like anything. Well aware it's the 6th, where you can get a returner or ST demon.

We have a K. No one could have kicked better than he did for us. What more does he need to prove? There's nothing to upgrade. If there are no position players worth having, maybe a K. I'm not all that concerned with having the K position set for years. I prefer to add depth and quality to the roster. Maybe it's only a 6th, but that's no reason to throw it away.

Agree completely.

We already have two kickers to choose from in Brown and Nugent and plenty of extra cap money. No way do the Bengals waste a pick and select a kicker this year.

For the record.

Tom Brady was a 6th round selection that was taken 30 picks after the Bengals drafted Neil Rackers in the 6th round.

Sure would like to turn back the clock on that one. Some 6th round picks do pan out.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 182
Default Re: I'm not gonna lie there really 4 players I will like out of this draft

1. Yes please.
2. Yes, but not with 1 or 2a. I would be good with 2b. This new league requires three good corners. I would be ok if they hold off until 3rd or 4th to get McFadden.
3. Yes.
4. Yes - or A. Brown.
5. I am not sure. Ball or Gillislee in 3rd or 4th.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1398

Well may be able to get ogletree in the 2nd round maybe are second second round pick

THANKS bengalsnati85
Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Yes but Reed does not arm tackle and Elam is seriously lacking in ball skills. Watch the Tennessee footage. He had three INTs dead to rites. He finished the game with one. The two he missed were thrown directly to him. He looked like a wide open primary receiver.

I really think Vaccaro comes off the board before our pick so I am hoping at safety we can land Cyprien or Rambo. I was not a huge Rambo fan (because of the drug charges) but the kid is a natural safety. If the due diligence looks good then he could be an outstanding NFL safety.
Its funny because all the analysts I read say the Elam has very good or great ball skills and you say otherwise.I wonder who I will trust in there analysis.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Agree completely.

We already have two kickers to choose from in Brown and Nugent and plenty of extra cap money. No way do the Bengals waste a pick and select a kicker this year.

For the record.

Tom Brady was a 6th round selection that was taken 30 picks after the Bengals drafted Neil Rackers in the 6th round.

Sure would like to turn back the clock on that one. Some 6th round picks do pan out.
Oh I am sorry seeing how Nugent gets injured every year being a kicker and if Brown is so dam good then why was he available to pick up.He's good for a while and then starts struggling so if I have a chance to take a young accurate kicker in the 6th round I would do it. We also have an extra 6th round pick for that kr you want.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Agree completely.

For the record.

You bring up one player. I love it because howmany 6th round picks were drafted in football over the years since they shortened the rounds to 7 that have actually made a football team. This is why they say if you're a late round pick you don't want to get drafted so you can bre a cfa and choose what team you want to go to that has the best chance for you to make it. I like crybaby Brady. Why oh why did it take the 6th round for me to get drafted. I also think Brady is good because of the scheme and his OL and not his talent.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
You may be right about Elam who knows.I can say that the more tape I watch on him and Vacarro the less impressed I am with either of them.

I will say also the more tape of Rambo I watch the less impressed I am with Ogletree. You see Rambo making a lot of tackles after Ogletree misses. It is a shame Rambo had the off the field issues or he could very possibly be the first safety off the board in my opinion.

It is going to be an interesting draft to say the least. What the draft lacks in star power in makes up for in just sheer solid football players that will have good long NFL careers. The talent level between the first and seventh round is very small. Something we have not seen in a long time. I do not think you can judge a reach this season like in most other seasons.
I don't know what you are watching because I have watched videos of both Ogletree and Rambo and Ogletree has missed a couple tackles but has also stopped Lacy in his tracks a bunch. Every football player in college football has missed tackles.I even seen Rambo miss some tackles so its ok for him to miss tackles but not anyone else. I have watched videos of all the top safeties and seen them all missing tackles.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21476
bengals Re: I'm not gonna lie there really 4 players I will like out of this draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
Its funny because all the analysts I read say the Elam has very good or great ball skills and you say otherwise.I wonder who I will trust in there analysis.
I do not read to form my opinions. I prefer to watch. If you want something to read though read his career stats. Specifically the numbers under the heading INT.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

bengals Re: I'm not gonna lie there really 4 players I will like out of this draft

Quote:
I don't know what you are watching because I have watched videos of both Ogletree and Rambo and Ogletree has missed a couple tackles but has also stopped Lacy in his tracks a bunch. Every football player in college football has missed tackles.I even seen Rambo miss some tackles so its ok for him to miss tackles but not anyone else. I have watched videos of all the top safeties and seen them all missing tackles.
I do not recall stating any player does not miss some tackles. If you can point out where I stated this then we can continue this discussion.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do not read to form my opinions. I prefer to watch. If you want something to read though read his career stats. Specifically the numbers under the heading INT.
Hes a ss which is more for in the box to stop the run so he wont have as many chances as a fs would. I don't see a stat that shows how many chances he has had at int's. For all you know they could be throwing away from him all the time. I watched videos of him and didn't see but 1 time where he had an int and dropped it and it was thrown behind him but still should have been int. I don't come on here and watch videos of players just to bad mouth them because every safety I have watched missed tackles dropped balls and a lot of them just didn't diagnose plays plays very fast or just stood around while others made the tackles. Swearinger and Thomas bot stood around while others made tackles on a lot of videos I watched and they didn't impress me at all but some people on here think they are the ones we should draft.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

The players I hope we draft are.

Ogletree
Rambo
Randle
Hopkins/Woods
Holmes/Schwenke
Holloman
Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Hes a ss which is more for in the box to stop the run so he wont have as many chances as a fs would. I don't see a stat that shows how many chances he has had at int's. For all you know they could be throwing away from him all the time. I watched videos of him and didn't see but 1 time where he had an int and dropped it and it was thrown behind him but still should have been int. I don't come on here and watch videos of players just to bad mouth them because every safety I have watched missed tackles dropped balls and a lot of them just didn't diagnose plays plays very fast or just stood around while others made the tackles. Swearinger and Thomas bot stood around while others made tackles on a lot of videos I watched and they didn't impress me at all but some people on here think they are the ones we should draft.
Then I suggest you watch the Tennessee game.

You can't just play away from a safety like you can a CB.

Well imagine how many tackles Thomas could have had then if he was standing around since he has 3 more career tackles than Elam does (both three years. Thomas missed a season with a broken leg). 6 FF to 4 for Elam. Thomas must have been standing around a lot behind the line of scrimmage as he had 23.5 TFL to 17 for Elam.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1718

I like your four.
I rather have Randell or Lacy for five though
Old 02-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by true fan View Post
Yea but that was one game I saw that as well the Tennessee game but who don't have a off game there are times when just off instincts he makes plays you see season pro's make .I agree 100% on Rambo I love the kids game I talent wise I would take him over Vaccaro,but off the field issues will drop him some .Now as far as the missed tackles I agree to a point but that's all technical issues that can be taught the same gripe was heard of nelson in Jacksonville he's been pretty good for us
I am amazed that no one is talking about Eric Reid. "He had seven pass breakups, two pass interceptions, one tackle for loss and recovered a fumble for an LSU defense that ranked among the best in the nation. - LSU football" I recall it was his interception at the 1 yard line that preserved the 6-6 tie and led to LSU's OT victory over Alabama in 2011. One of his interceptions this year was against Bama. He makes big plays in big games.He did have too many penalties for late hits... may be over aggressive... Who does that sound like?

I'd really like to see us grab him at 2a or b and fill a need that will be glaring.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3078

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
My four

Patterson
Lacy
Menelik Watson
Travis Kelce

Love Patterson and Lacy - though I would be surprised if you'd get Patterson at all and Lacy in the 2nd.

Menelik Watson is totally intriguing. Very raw but physically imposing and did very well in the running game. Take him and have Whit groom him.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10374

My four

Dion Jordan - I think he could be a beast at SOLB. Won't be there at 21 though.

Cordarrelle Patterson - I think this kid is that Randy Moss freak type WR.

Jordan Poyer - My favorite corner in this class. Reminds me of J.Joe in many ways.

Chris Harper - I shall dub him minitron. 6'1" 228lbs, 4.4 40 time and great hands.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5569

My 4 is:

Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
Montee Ball RB Wis
DeVonte Holloman OLB South Carolina (going to play SS)
Earl Watford OG James Madison
+1
Jakar Hamilton FS South Carolina/Former Georgia player

Last edited by Mike M (the other one); 02-20-2013 at 09:13 AM.