Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1481
Default Re: If you were the GM game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Bell Fever View Post
This option sounds good next year, this isn't the year to do that. Noone worth a damn in the draft this yr.
That's said alomost every dam year and almost every dam year a unheard of QB emerges to light up the NFL.
The future is here and it's not rocket science. Develop your team THEN get a accurate QB with talent.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

Extend Geno - 1st priority
First Resign is Johnson, then Smith (if anyone gets the tag, it's him).
Resign - Howard, Huber, Brown, Newman (1 year deal), Gillberry, Jones, Crocker (1 year deal), Peerman, Gradkowski (1 year deal), Harris, Skuta

Cut - Wharton, Mays, Allen

FA - Go after Greg Jennings. A vet who'd understand that A.J. is the #1 in this town. When healthy, can produce at high levels. Would help out Dalton and Green very well with his veteran leadership. Last year I wanted Brandon Lloyd, Jennings IMO is better than Lloyd, so this would be good. If he wants more money, go after Brian Hartline. If he wants more money, resort to the draft. In this draft, I'm staying optimistic that we sign Greg Jennings to a 3 year deal worth around 17-20 Mil. not sure if that's an accurate guess but I wouldn't go higher than that.

Draft - Top 2 on the board would be Vaccaro and Ogletree. I feel Vacarro will shoot up the boards and Ogletree will fall due to his DUI. If he proves himself at interviews, trade down to about 33-36 range and draft either Ogletree or Arthur Brown while in the process get that teams 3rd and 4th rounders. At 37 I would trade down again to the 45-47 range and pick up another 4th rounder. At 45-47, pick either Lacy or Bernard, whichever is still on the board. Then go with my mock as shown below and get Jaime Collins in the 4th with our extra 4th and switch out Bomar with the best kick returner in the 6th.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerthis View Post
In response to "Any names?" With this Bengal team it doesn't matter who the QB is as long as he's accurate and can perform the basic fundamentals of a NFL QB.
There is only one QB in this draft that I feel has a decent shot at being better than Dalton (eventually). That would be Geno Smith. Of course there's no guarantee. He could be a complete bust. The best vet QB available is Alex Smith. I'd stick with Andy over him.

Just face it, there are no surefire improvements over Dalton this year, so maybe you should sit back, relax, and give him anothes year before you judge. If a top 10 QB were available, it would be a different story (I was actually for pursuing Peyton last year). But this is a poor draft class and not much is available in FA.

So lets give Andy one more season with stability at center and WR and see how he does. If he plays like he did in the latter portion of last year, then we can talk about a new QB. I have a feeling that we won't have to though.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11246

Extend Atkins.

Re-sign MJ, Smith, Gilberry, Hawkins, Adam Jones, Huber, Josh Brown, Pat Sims.

Sign Byrd, Wallace, and fill in some other holes with solid players.

Cut Robert Sands (you don't hit women in my organization)

Draft? I'll tell you that after the combine and pro days

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1526

Resignings:
MJ to at least a 4-5 year deal
Adam Jones to a 3 year deal
Dan Skuta for I don't care how long (he's good for depth)
Wallace Gilberry to a 2 year deal
Josh Brown/Mike Nugent (don't care who we stick with, they are both good kickers)
Cedric Peerman to a 2 year deal
Dennis Roland to a 2 year deal (good for depth)
Thomas Howard to a 3 year deal

that's what I have so far. Don't have time to post FA pickups and draft strategy
Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 266

1. Extend Atkins for 7-years, $84M. Extend Green for 6-years, $72M.
2. Re-sign Michael Johnson for 4-years, $38M. If that doesn't work, tag him or place a 1st-round Tender on him.
3. Re-sign Andre Smith for 3-years, $24M.
4. Sign Mike Wallace for 4-years, $32M.
5. Sign Reggie Bush for 2-years, $8M.
6. Sign Dashon Gholdson for 3-years, $18M.
7. Draft Teo, let Maualuga walk.
8. Draft Bernard, let Scott walk.
9. Sign a cheap veteran corner.
10. Re-Sign Adam Jones, Wallace Gilberry, Cedric Peerman, Josh Brown, and Thomas Howard to 1-yr deals.
11. Have competition for Center. If Cook loses, cut him.
12. Place 2nd-round tender on Hawkins.

We should be able to do all of this under the cap, but with about $5-7M to spare.

Last edited by yodude996; 02-17-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 126

Franchise Tag- Michael Johnson

Re-sign Geno Atkins 6 Yrs 68 Mil
Re-sign Andre Smith 5 Years 38.5 Mil
Re-sign Adam Jones 2 yrs 7.5 Mil
Re-sign Gilberry, Howard, Brown and possibly Newman.

FA - Charles Woodson - 1 yr 6 Mil
FA - Austin Collie - 2 yr 3 Mil
FA - Jason Campbell - 2yrs 4 Mil
FA- Glenn Dorsey - 3 yrs 10 Mil
FA - Lechler - 4yrs 10 Mil

Draft

1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR
2. Travis Frederick C/G
2. Kaseem Green LB
3. Baccari Rambo S
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
5. Ray Graham RB
6. Tyrann Mathieu CB
6. Stansly Maponga DE
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24699

People won't like this, but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic.

Guys I re-sign: Andre Smith, Andrew Hawkins, Wallace Giggleberries, Robert Geathers, Adam Jones, Josh Brown, Clark Harris

I'd also lock Andre up with a long-term deal.

I give Geno a huge deal.

Guys I draft: Sam Montgomery, Alec Ogletree, Justin Hunter, Baccari Rambo, Landry Jones, Jonathan Franklin, best RB available.

Now we have this prospective roster:
OFFENSE
(Qb): Dalton, Jones. (Rb): BJGE, Franklin, Herron, draft pick, Pressley/Connor. (WR): AJ, Sanu, Hawkins, Jones, Hunter. (TE): Gresham, Charles, Quinn. (OL): Whitworth, Smith, Zeitler, Wharton, Cook, Boling, Robinson, Collins.
DEFENSE
(DL): Atkins, Peko, Thompson, Still, Dunlap, Giggleberries, Geathers, Montgomery.
(Lb): Burfict, Maybin, Joiner, Ogletree, Lamur, Moch.
(Cb): Hall, Jones, Dre K., Allen, Ghee, Prater.
(S): Nelson, Rambo, Iloka, Lewis-Harris, Dye.

Looking at what could be, I try to see potential holes. There are many. Hindsight is 20-20, but I'd try to proactive in FA to prevent these talent deficits. Not signing MJ to a huge deal leaves a little money to play with in FA, but Geno will likely get a monster signing bonus, so that has to be accounted for. 9 mil-a-year guys are not going to be possible, especially with Green's even more monster deal on the horizon. So here goes:

We'd have to sign a linebacker, no doubt. I'm not even sure Maybin makes this team. Has he even ever played LB in a 4-3? I'd sign a guy like Levy, Durant, or Daryl Smith to complete a really solid set of 3 linebackers with Burfict and Ogletree. It would be money well spent.

I'd also want better depth at safety. I may try to snag Armstrong and see if I could strike gold with another turd. Otherwise, the typical Bengals vet signing works here. Maybe even Crocker.

On offense, we'd need another tackle. The 2 starters are entrenched, so again, typical 3rd or 4th tier vet signing. Winston Justice isn't a good starting RT, but I'd still take him over Roland if he was available.

The loss of MJ may also need a stopgap solution. I may throw a 2 year deal at Osi or Freeney if they didn't get overpaid in the first week or so.

This plan may look pretty unexciting, but it would provide what's needed: another solid infusion of talent through draft and the conservative spending that will allow the team to do what matters most, IE make AJ and Geno Bengals for life. Keeping Andre also helps, as I'd be really nervous about losing arguably the best player of our starting five. His replacement is very unlikely to be as good as he is, and Andy already seems to have questionable confidence in his protectors.

Oh, and Landry Jones. Many may hate this pick, but it would serve a purpose. It would give the team something other than a washed-up never-has-been as a second option at qb. the job would in no way be open for competition this season, but Andy would be able to see that his future is not guaranteed without improved play. This team has too much talent to be wasted on a QB that is unable to take the next step. 2013 is the year that Andy needs to take that step. If he doesn't, This team should prepare to have options at the ready.

Last edited by Samhain; 02-18-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: dumb smilies
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8882

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey6866 View Post
Franchise Tag- Michael Johnson

Re-sign Geno Atkins 6 Yrs 68 Mil
Re-sign Andre Smith 5 Years 38.5 Mil
Re-sign Adam Jones 2 yrs 7.5 Mil
Re-sign Gilberry, Howard, Brown and possibly Newman.

FA - Charles Woodson - 1 yr 6 Mil
FA - Austin Collie - 2 yr 3 Mil
FA - Jason Campbell - 2yrs 4 Mil
FA- Glenn Dorsey - 3 yrs 10 Mil
FA - Lechler - 4yrs 10 Mil

Draft

1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR
2. Travis Frederick C/G
2. Kaseem Green LB
3. Baccari Rambo S
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
5. Ray Graham RB
6. Tyrann Mathieu CB
6. Stansly Maponga DE
Dorsey?

How many DT's do we need? We already have 2 draft picks that hardly play, but probably deserve to.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

- Try to work out deals with MJ and Andre right now. If neither are signed before the tag deadline, slap the tag on Andre.

- If MJ wants top 10 money, pay him. Do what it takes to sign him. If for some reason we can't...then draft a DE in the 2nd Round.

- Get Geno extended NOW.

-Bring Howard, Pacman, Newman, Crocker, and Gilberry back.

- Start preliminary talks with AJ and Dunlap. Wait on Andy to see how he performs this year.

- Aggressively pursue a #2 WR. I'd offer 8 million per to Bowe/Wallace/Jennings and see if any of them bite. A 3 year contract is the range I'm looking in.

- Move Burfict to the middle.

-In free agency, try to sign a Safety like Louis Delmas who is only 25 years old. He had some injuries the past 2 years, but is an impact player. At OLB, I like Darryl Smith from Jacksonville. He is pretty good all around and shouldn't break the bank.

- In the draft, I'd consider a DE in round 1 if we lose out on MJ. In the 1st 3 Rounds, I'd look at C, LB, S, RB, DE, and WR. Emphasis on a gamebreaking RB. DE is important even if we sign MJ with Dunlap a free agent next year.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27029
bengals Re: If you were the GM game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Bell Fever View Post
Layout your offseason plan if your the GM: this isn't a mock draft, more of a high level)

Free Agents: Resign Michael Johnson, franchise tag Andre Smith, resign Josh Brown, Thomas Howard, Gilberry, Newman, Sims. Sign Greg Jennings and I'd like to get another CB that will test the market (grimes, Talib, etc)

Draft: Trade 1st pick for a first next year a second this year from Jags or Kc who im sure would love getting back into the first. 2a pick best oline available. 2b pick best def end available. 2c pick best available line backer. 3rd rd pick is best available safety. 4th rd pick is best available running back. 5th rd pick is best available CB. Beyond this is a waste of time......

Again this is high level, there's obviously more draft picks, and smaller fill in prices that I'm not getting into, I'm looking more of the major prices that will take this team to the next level.

I think heeding up the oline and dline will help us out this yr along with helping us out for near future, if Smith and Dunlap walk after this season we will be ok since we drafted those positions high. Safety and Running back is deep this year so we can wait till the 3rd and 4th rds to select. Protecting Dalton is key to us making it further into the playoffs. If we don't get better protection, we dont get past the first rd of the playoffs.

Let's hear your plans, at a high level.......

First off, i think you have thought this out well. All i know is you are correct about the
trenches, you win down there and it is never a bad idea to draft there early.

All i know is that Cook, a change of pace back and playcalling were our downfalls late in
the season and in the playoff game. Draft a Center to compete with Robinson, draft a
change of pace back and let Gruden have notice that if this poor playcalling keeps up we
already have his replacement in Hue Jackson.

This is what i would do anyways to go along with your thoughts. Also draft a Strong Safety
and an OLB and put Burfict in the middle.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Dorsey?

How many DT's do we need? We already have 2 draft picks that hardly play, but probably deserve to.
You're right we dont really need Dorsey but I think hes a real free agent bargain. Hes played out of position his whole career in KC. Bringing him to a 4-3 and putting him next to Geno and I think we'll see more of the LSU Dorsey that people remember. I loved him coming out of college so I want the Bengals to sign him.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
Re-sign Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Nate Clements or Terrence Newman, Manny Lawson, Chris Crocker, Josh Brown and Mike Nugent, Adam Jones, Wallace Gilberry, Robert Geathers, Rey Maualuga, Pat Sims, Dan Skuta, and Bruce Gradkowski. That's 16 players including 5 starters and 11 backups (hopefully).

Free Agency:
Attempt to sign one of Jarius Byrd or one of the other young S.
Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Anquan Bolding, Greg Jennings, etc.
I would look at Donald Thomas or Fernando Velasco depending on what kind of money they want.
Look at one of the FA RB's
Look at FA K to compete with Brown and Nugent.

Draft:
1 - Ogletree, Te'o, Patterson, Hopkins, Minter, Okafor, Vacarro, etc.
2A - Lacy or Bernard
2B - WR, Jones or Frederick, depends on who's there and what we have acquired before now.
3 - Rambo, Jefferson, CB, OL, LB
4- LB, S, CB, OL, DL, QB, RB, etc
5 - BPA, Lattimore, Mathieu
6 - BPA
Lacy wont be there in the 2nd, lattimore won't be there in the 5th, Ogletree won't be there in the 1st. Te'o better suited as an ILB in the 3-4. Matheiu will be a KR at best.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey6866 View Post
You're right we dont really need Dorsey but I think hes a real free agent bargain. Hes played out of position his whole career in KC. Bringing him to a 4-3 and putting him next to Geno and I think we'll see more of the LSU Dorsey that people remember. I loved him coming out of college so I want the Bengals to sign him.
I was a Dorsey fan too.

To add him, we'd presumably let Sims walk. We'd probably need to trade Thompson too.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 212

Bengals to Resign
1. Michael Johnson
2. Andre Smith
3. Robert Geathers
4. Thomas Howard
5. Adam Jones
7. Rey Maualuga
8. Terrence Newman
9. Kevin Huber & Mike Nugent
9. *Extend Geno Atkins*

Free Agent Signings
Chris Canty
Jason Campbell

1st 4 rounds of Draft
1. Manti Te'o
2a. Travis Frederick
2b. Andre Ellington (I like Montee Ball as a player but he has a history with concussions. I also beleive Eric Reid will be available here...whom I'd pick, and go RB with the 4th pick Ray Graham)
3. DaRick Rogers
4. TJ McDonald

Now, when I say, "Who's da mastah?" you say, "Sho'nuff!"

Last edited by 82bengal; 02-19-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

First off, i think you have thought this out well. All i know is you are correct about the
trenches, you win down there and it is never a bad idea to draft there early.

All i know is that Cook, a change of pace back and playcalling were our downfalls late in
the season and in the playoff game. Draft a Center to compete with Robinson, draft a
change of pace back and let Gruden have notice that if this poor playcalling keeps up we
already have his replacement in Hue Jackson.

This is what i would do anyways to go along with your thoughts. Also draft a Strong Safety
and an OLB and put Burfict in the middle.
I like your thinking as well, i love putting a coach on notice.

I believe having a great D line and O line is extremely critical cause the whole offense and defense is ran through the lines; with bad lines everything is ruined.
1. If your oline ***** then your running game ****
2. If your oline ***** then thers no pt to havin good receivers cause QB sacked to fast
3. If your dline ***** then going to get killed against the run
4. If your dline ***** then our CBs are goin 2 get crushd cause you can't covr all day.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Is Gruden's playcalling really that bad?

I think as fans we often see the result of a play and when it fails we think it was a bad playcall.

Not running BJGE more in the playoff game was a pretty bad strategy. Not throwing to Green more in the 1st half was questionable too.

Other than glaring issues like that, it's really hard to pinpoint other instances.

Against Dallas we had a big lead and instead of running out the clock, he went for the throat as the casual fan says which resulted in incompletions and ultimately a loss.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1526

Things I would do as a GM continued:

Sign Greg Jennings as our number 2, draft Teo with the 21st, draft either Eric Reid or Matt Elam with our first 2nd round pick, and pick up Giovanni Bernard if he's there with our second 2nd round pick (maybe shock everyone and draft Lattimore with the 2nd round; supposedly he has been coming back from injury extremely well). That is how I would do it.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2053

I would wait until I get at least all the combine info before I map out the whole thing but I would go this route to start.
  • Re-Sign MJ then franchise tag Andre Smith (and subsequently keep him on that tag unless he agreed to the deal I offered him). I of course am assuming Andre won't accept what I would be content offering him pre-tag. If I can't get MJ re-signed before the deadline to franchise, I would franchise him, he's the guy I'd least prefer to lose of the 2.
  • I'd offer Rey M. a contract but my guess is he will get a bigger deal elsewhere. He's at best a mediocre to slightly above 2 down MLB and my offer would be commensurate with that idea.
  • I'd pretty much sign every Bengal FA of note at the right price with exception to Nate Clements who I think seems to be fading. I'd also sign Nugent again over Brown unless Nugent believes he deserves any kind of raise whatsoever, he will have to take less due to his injury concerns.
  • I'd look for upgrades to Gradkowski, Manny Lawson, Dennis Roland, Chris Crocker, before offering them a new deal.
  • I'd cut Taylor Mays outright, IMO he isn't NFL material athletically.
  • I'd sign (assuming he is not franchised but I assume in reality that he will) Jairus Byrd, Drew Stanton, Phillip Wheeler OLB Oak.
  • I'd look at drafting OT to replace Andre who I assume will get away because MJ will end up franchised. Lane Johnson of Okl. might be a good fit in the 1st round. Kenjon Barner early in round 2, Larry Warford OG UK with our last 2nd rounder. Depth thereafter.

Basically I'd move Burfict over to ILB play Wheeler on the outside along with Howard. And of course Byrd (or another quality Safety via FA) would be our other starter. On offense we improve the line depth/future and hopefully Wharton gets to start but if not Warford I think would be the guy in place of Boling who is a huge weak link IMO. I don't think it's a surprise that both Whit & Cook struggled this year playing next to him all season. Barner gives us a big play threat out of the backfield and Sanu starts with Jones playing on the outside and Sanu inside on 3rd downs/long passing downs. Hawkins being the 4th guy/special package guy.

2010 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

2011 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

E.Bruce/P.Brown/W.Hayes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet&Orange View Post
I would wait until I get at least all the combine info before I map out the whole thing but I would go this route to start.
  • Re-Sign MJ then franchise tag Andre Smith (and subsequently keep him on that tag unless he agreed to the deal I offered him). I of course am assuming Andre won't accept what I would be content offering him pre-tag. If I can't get MJ re-signed before the deadline to franchise, I would franchise him, he's the guy I'd least prefer to lose of the 2.
  • I'd offer Rey M. a contract but my guess is he will get a bigger deal elsewhere. He's at best a mediocre to slightly above 2 down MLB and my offer would be commensurate with that idea.
  • I'd pretty much sign every Bengal FA of note at the right price with exception to Nate Clements who I think seems to be fading. I'd also sign Nugent again over Brown unless Nugent believes he deserves any kind of raise whatsoever, he will have to take less due to his injury concerns.
  • I'd look for upgrades to Gradkowski, Manny Lawson, Dennis Roland, Chris Crocker, before offering them a new deal.
  • I'd cut Taylor Mays outright, IMO he isn't NFL material athletically.
  • I'd sign (assuming he is not franchised but I assume in reality that he will) Jairus Byrd, Drew Stanton, Phillip Wheeler OLB Oak.
  • I'd look at drafting OT to replace Andre who I assume will get away because MJ will end up franchised. Lane Johnson of Okl. might be a good fit in the 1st round. Kenjon Barner early in round 2, Larry Warford OG UK with our last 2nd rounder. Depth thereafter.

Basically I'd move Burfict over to ILB play Wheeler on the outside along with Howard. And of course Byrd (or another quality Safety via FA) would be our other starter. On offense we improve the line depth/future and hopefully Wharton gets to start but if not Warford I think would be the guy in place of Boling who is a huge weak link IMO. I don't think it's a surprise that both Whit & Cook struggled this year playing next to him all season. Barner gives us a big play threat out of the backfield and Sanu starts with Jones playing on the outside and Sanu inside on 3rd downs/long passing downs. Hawkins being the 4th guy/special package guy.
I agree with most of what you said...but Mays is athletically an NFL player. It's the mental/game awareness side that he totally lacks. He has extremely low football IQ/instincts.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Not getting all the Te'o recommendations. In the games I saw him play in, he was severely exploited. He looked like another Maualuga.

At 21, we need to be sure that we upgrade a position. I don't think I can say that about Te'o.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2053

Quote:
I agree with most of what you said...but Mays is athletically an NFL player. It's the mental/game awareness side that he totally lacks. He has extremely low football IQ/instincts.
Well his strength & straight line speed are off the charts but his quickness & agility are well below average maybe the worst I have ever seen at the NFL level. One of the strangest athletic guys I've ever even heard of. But yeah his awareness is subpar as well.

2010 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

2011 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

E.Bruce/P.Brown/W.Hayes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Is Gruden's playcalling really that bad?

I think as fans we often see the result of a play and when it fails we think it was a bad playcall.

Not running BJGE more in the playoff game was a pretty bad strategy. Not throwing to Green more in the 1st half was questionable too.

Other than glaring issues like that, it's really hard to pinpoint other instances.

Against Dallas we had a big lead and instead of running out the clock, he went for the throat as the casual fan says which resulted in incompletions and ultimately a loss.

Sometimes his playcalling is great.

But his playcalling in the playoff game was terrible. I was hoping he was saving the good
stuff for that game cause over the last third of the season it was pretty bad playcalling IMO.

I am just happy we put Hue at RB coach for insurance. Always been a big fan of the Grude
as well but when someone does poorly i always point it out no matter how much i have
liked them in the past.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 43

Resign:
Andre Smith
Thomas Howard
Wallace Gilberry
Adam Jones
Robert Geathers
Andrew Hawkins
Kevin Huber
Tag:
Michael Johnson
Sign:
Derek Cox, CB (Jaguars)-26 yrs. old, 6’1” 195lbs.
Phillip Wheeler, OLB (Raiders)-28yrs. old, 6’2” 240lbs.
Matt Moore, QB (Dolphins)-28yrs. old, 6’3” 216lbs.
Louis Murphy, WR (Panthers)-25yrs. old, 6’2” 200lbs.
Draft:
RD1 Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU
RD2a Matt Elam, S, Florida
RD2b Joseph Randle, RB, OK St.
RD3 Jamie Collins, SLB, Southern Miss
RD4 Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego St
RD5 Ricky Wagner, OL, Wisconsin
RD6a Michael Williams, TE, ‘Bama
RD6b Matt Stankiewitch, C, Penn St
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHoDeYkId58 View Post
Resign:
Andre Smith
Thomas Howard
Wallace Gilberry
Adam Jones
Robert Geathers
Andrew Hawkins
Kevin Huber
Tag:
Michael Johnson
Sign:
Derek Cox, CB (Jaguars)-26 yrs. old, 6’1” 195lbs.
Phillip Wheeler, OLB (Raiders)-28yrs. old, 6’2” 240lbs.
Matt Moore, QB (Dolphins)-28yrs. old, 6’3” 216lbs.
Louis Murphy, WR (Panthers)-25yrs. old, 6’2” 200lbs.
Draft:
RD1 Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU
RD2a Matt Elam, S, Florida
RD2b Joseph Randle, RB, OK St.
RD3 Jamie Collins, SLB, Southern Miss
RD4 Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego St
RD5 Ricky Wagner, OL, Wisconsin
RD6a Michael Williams, TE, ‘Bama
RD6b Matt Stankiewitch, C, Penn St

Quite a bit of thought went into this and i like most of it.

I think we can get about anybody to fill Geathers spot though, he is getting old and i think
we can find somebody younger to replace him. Also i think that Burfict is going to take
over the MIKE spot so i think it would be better for us to take an OLB in the first like
Ogletree.

Just my thoughts on this, good job.