Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
Default Re-signing/fa/draft/udfa/depthchart

RE-SIGN
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims.
FREE AGENCY
WR Mike Wallace- Hear me out with this...Wallace with Green would be daunting for defenses. With AJ's ability to play anywhere on the field I would be COMPLETELY fine with picking up the vertical and playmaking threat in Mike Wallace. With the issues he's having in Pittsburgh I also believe Wallace would love to burn his old team twice a year here in Cincy. With all the money we have(50.5 million) this makes too much “cents”
QB Matt Moore-I think Matt has the potential to be a stud in this league. If given a real chance, with a real squad, he will shine!
DE Lawrence Jackson-He’s a former first rounder outa SC. At 6'4 271lbs, he fits our mold and would be a great rotational talent. I think we could sign him for cheap.
TE Leonard Pope- At 6'8 265lbs i believe he comes in and takes over the Roland project in our BIG BOY package at TE. Pope is huge, and a great blocker, also displays solid hands.
KR Ted Ginn Jr- Ginn;s electric, and arguably the fastest player in the league. Lets tell Tate to get F***ed, and bring in Ginn. He'd be epic.

NFL DRAFT
1. Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas
Vaccaro is the best safety in this draft, if he's there at 21 GRAB HIM. He packs a punch with almost every hit, rarely ever missing tackles. Has a true knack for the ball, with great instincts, and displays incredible ball skills. Very athletic, physical, smart, Safety paired with Nelson locks up our back end for a while. IMO everyone on defense gets better with this pick.
2a. Menelik Watson OT Florida State

Watson has boxed for most of his life and the proof is in his footwork. He has incredible quickness for his size and moves extremely well. With his long reach huge frame, speed, and quickness Watson is destined for all pro status at LT. But he has alot to learn yet. At 6'6 325 lbs Hes very raw. I say we kick him inside at LG...with his mobility, long arms, and feet, he would be a monster. We need to resign andre, when whittworth gets too old watson is his replacement. by then Watson will be ready. Watson style is needed on our line. Lets get boling outa there.
2b. Jamar Taylor CB Boise State

Taylor was the standout in a pass defense that ranked third in the nation. According to Boise state coaches Taylor was clocked at 4.33 on his 40. taylor finished the year with 51 tackles, 13 pass defensed, 4 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, and 4 picks. at 5'11 190 Taylor is physical with great instincts and explosive burst being able to undercut routes consistently. Taylor is a stud and i think competes for the starting spot oppo hall. Id be good for Dre.
3. Jamie Collins SLB Southern Miss

Collins is the only OLB in this draft i really trust and would pall my eggs in 1 basket for. I have zero worry about his size at 6'3 245lbs he is the prototype OLB you want here. He has an extremely high football IQ playing DB OLB and DE through out his career. He can cover, rush, and smash. He flys around the field and is a man to fear on defense. Collins, and Burfict make an impact day 1.
4. Jawan Jamison RB Rutgers

This guy is 5’8 200 lbs and is a solid recking ball. Jawan is shifty with great quickness and good speed to break the big 1. He can run you over, shake you, stiff arm you to the dirt, spin right around you, or catch a pass outa the backfield and blow right by you. These small tree stump type backs are the way to go, they are hard to find behind the O-line and are shifty enough to go right around you or plow over you b/c of their great leverage. Here in the 4th Jamison is a steal.
5. David Bass DE Missouri Western State

Bass is 6’4 265lbs and a freak at the division 11 football. He won best defensive player of the year and over his 4 year career he racked up 40.5 sacks. Bass in our rotation on the D-line would make us absolutely dominant next year…70 sacks season next yr for us.
6a. Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt

Stacy is a monster at 5’8 215lbs. That’s MJD. Stacy has great hands and amazing feet. He’s a very powerful runner, with surprising speed. Could run in the 4.4’s. He has good lateral balance and carries would be tacklers for days…his feet never stop. With his size and catching ability I see him being a top 5 back in the league being our starter with Jamison sparing him. Stacy is a great premier back and would be a great comp in our three headed monster as Stacy, Jamison, and Johnson. Fresh legs keeps the chains moving. Our running game was our weakest link and we had a top 10 offensive line…that doesn’t make sense. RB is priority I say we address it 3 times and we strike gold all three times.
6b. Vince Williams MLB Florida State

Possibly my favorite pick in the draft. Without the resigning of Skuta Vince Williams is a major upgrade at the position for a number of reasons. Williams is natural MIKE but has the speed and strength to play SAM and excel. With the concern in Howard and his Achilles, having someone behind him as a security blanket would be fantastic. With William’s instincts, strength, speed, and knack for the ball carrier, I think he is a potential starter in the league for us outside. He is 6’1 247lbs and runs a 4.6, and lays hat, reminds me a lot of Lawrence Timmons. Comes from a very strong and “power house” type defense at FSU…something tells me Burfict and Williams will shine together.

UDFA
Marquess Wilson WR Washington State

He's first round talent, but an idiot...million dollar body 10 cent brain. If he makes it udfa he's worth it to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdh5zP9JCPo
Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas

Dennis Johnson is 5’8 212 lbs. Very similar to the others drafted earlier. Has the ability size, and power to be and everydown back. Difference between him and the others is his speed and hands. Dennis Johnson is lightning quick and outside gio Bernard(1rst rounder) dennis Johnson has the best hands in the league at rb. Doesn’t drop a thing. I say we rebuild this whole backfield and start pounding away towards that super bowl…it can all be on Andy or its not going to happen. Stacy, Jamison, and Dennis Johnson would be incredible. Late round backs that all will be studs in the league on our team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pijo3OaOYaY
Sean Renfree QB Duke

Renfree is 6’4 230 lbs. Very raw but from a prostyle offense. Renfree could be the project we are looking for. I have my concerns with Dalton hence the Matt Moore pick up and drafting Renfree would put me at ease completely. Not that he is the immediate answer but he could be the late future of this team. Cannon for an arm good mobility but still a pocket passer and played on a successful duke football team. Reminds me a lot of Tony Romo with his quick release and powerful arm. I think with the right amount of coaching confidence and time put in Renfree becomes a stud, and a starter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMb7Wo5nRD8

DEPTH CHART:
Depth Chart
QB: Andy Dalton, Matt Moore, Sean Renfree
FB: Chris Pressley/John Connor
RB: Jawan Jamison, Zac Stacy, BJGE, Dennis Johnson
WR: AJ Green, Mike Wallace, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Andrew Hawkins, Marquess Wilson, Ted Ginn
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Orsan Charles, Leonard Pope
LT: Andrew Whitworth, Anthony Collins
LG: Menelik Watson, Clint Boling
C: Trevor Robinson, Kyle Cook
RG: Kevin Zietler, Clint Boling
RT: Andre Smith, Menelik Watson
LE: Carlos Dunlap, David Bass, Lawrence Jackson
DT: Geno Atkins, Brandon Thompson
NT: Devon Still, Pat Sims, Domata Peko
RE: Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry, Aaron Maybin
WLB: Jamie Collins, Emanuel Lamur, Brandon Joiner
MLB: Vontaze Burfict, Vince WIlliams
SLB: Thomas Howard, Vince Williams, Aaron Maybin
CB: Leon Hall, Dre Kirkpatrick, Jamar Taylor, Adam Jones, Terrance Newman, Brandon Ghee.
FS: Reggie Nelson, Taylor Mays, George Iloka
SS: Kenny Vacarro, Robert Sands
P: Kevin Huber
K: Josh Brown
KR: Ted Ginn Jr, Dennis Johnson.
PR: Adam Jones.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-13-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6683
Default Re: Re-signing/fa/draft/udfa/depthchart

I really like it. Good job.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 83

I really think Matt Moore would be a far superior back up than Bruce Gradkowski, however, he will be more expensive and harder to lure in to play for the Bengals. Good mock, I need to look up some about the Rutgers RB you have selected.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30146

Boling graded out as one of the better guards in the league before he hit the rookie wall.

I like the rest of it a lot even though I think some of the free agent signings are unlikely.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Boling graded out as one of the better guards in the league before he hit the rookie wall.

I like the rest of it a lot even though I think some of the free agent signings are unlikely.
"rookie wall" i love how we all come up with excuses for poor play. Boling is weak. I dont care who was saying what. we as bengals fans watched him, alot. or atleast i did. we never ran left and when we did it was rarely succesfull. Boling was responsible for sacks and also gave us no help in pass pro. Upgrading LG imo is a must. Watson does that and some. He can obviously play tackle as well and when it comes time to move him there....look out, watson will burst onto the scene. as for the FA signing. i see it as very likely based off need for both our team, the player, and finances.
thanx tho.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 666

I like the draft, but I don't see three rookie running back's making the roster. My guess that Leonard stays and Herron/Perman stays and we add a rookie. I like the Jamison pick but the other two might be practice squad or cut

Describing my feelings on being a Bengal's fan.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42001

Little bit of overkill on the rookie RBs

I'd play Howard at Will and Collins at Sam

Overall nice work
Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Little bit of overkill on the rookie RBs

I'd play Howard at Will and Collins at Sam

Overall nice work

overkill on the runningback? Hahah BJGE *****. Cedric Peerman ***** WE need to re build the back feild and 3 late round steals isnt overkill...espeacialy when one is UDFA. we strike gold on all three. quiet time Bfine.

i agree with u on the LB's tho.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-15-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: Re-signing/fa/draft/udfa/depthchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since82 View Post
I like the draft, but I don't see three rookie running back's making the roster. My guess that Leonard stays and Herron/Perman stays and we add a rookie. I like the Jamison pick but the other two might be practice squad or cut

do u know anything about zac stacy???/ There is no way him on this roster with the running backs we DONT have that he is getting cut. I can see peerman staying but i wouldnt know why...he wont be better than stacy jamison or prolly johnson. All three are great shifty powerful fast backs. Much rather go Jamison Stacy BJGE, Johnson. Better backs. better for our team

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-15-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
do u know anything about zac stacy???/ There is no way him on this roster with the running backs we DONT have that he is getting cut. I can see peerman staying but i wouldnt know why...he wont be better than stacy jamison or prolly johnson. All three are great shifty powerful fast backs. Much rather go Jamison Stacy BJGE, Johnson. Better backs. better for our team
So who pass blocks? Who plays special teams? Those are things that are third and fourth backs have to do.

At 5'8" Jamison isnt going to. BJGE is terrible at pass pro. The achilles heel of 1st year backs is pass pro. So while Leonard is not more athletically gifted than either one of those guys you want to sign and keep, he plays a role that I don't believe any of the rookies can touch. For that reason and that reason alone I can see Leonard staying. As far as Peerman goes, he has shown a talent on special teams so he gets a nod.

I've only seen Stacy in one game he was pretty good, but I'd see him as a replacement for BJGE not a complement.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20894

Quote:
The question that comes to my mind is if Stacy is so good, wouldn't he be gone before the 6th round? He looked pretty good to me when I saw him but having a 6th round grade must be saying something about a player.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42001

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
The question that comes to my mind is if Stacy is so good, wouldn't he be gone before the 6th round? He looked pretty good to me when I saw him but having a 6th round grade must be saying something about a player.
cause only the OP can see his true awesomeness
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
So who pass blocks? Who plays special teams? Those are things that are third and fourth backs have to do.

At 5'8" Jamison isnt going to. BJGE is terrible at pass pro. The achilles heel of 1st year backs is pass pro. So while Leonard is not more athletically gifted than either one of those guys you want to sign and keep, he plays a role that I don't believe any of the rookies can touch. For that reason and that reason alone I can see Leonard staying. As far as Peerman goes, he has shown a talent on special teams so he gets a nod.

I've only seen Stacy in one game he was pretty good, but I'd see him as a replacement for BJGE not a complement.

Stacy can pass protect like a G ive seent it. He will improve once he gets in the league. he is def more than able to. Dennis johnson returned punts and kick offs for arkansa. And Peerman only gets a nod if these players arent on the roster competeing. Peerman is weak. im cool with leanord i love that dude.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4118

Quote:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...d-the-NFL.html

Quote:
4. Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers, Junior (5080 E, 200 E and 4.55 E): Unlike many underclassmen that receive a ton of hype throughout their careers and disappoint NFL teams when they evaluate them, Jamison was not viewed as a big time prospect when he declared, but teams have been pleasantly surprised with how good a player he is. While he is not going to be a first or second round pick, his receiving skills and consistency in pass protection have NFL teams very intrigued about his ability to be a versatile offensive weapon. Most backs who come into the NFL struggle to get on the field early in the careers as they must learn and improve in pass protection. That will not be the case with Jamison, which should enable him to contribute as a third down back as a rookie, which increases his value. Teams have said they expect him to be a fourth round pick, but that they would not be surprised if a team took him towards the bottom of the third round.

Looks like Jamison is one of the better running backs in pass protection in the draft.

PS Love the draft. Vince Williams is one of my favorite picks. The only thing I would change is taking a WLB to go along with him instead of Collins (and I really like Collins, but I think they go to FA to look for the 2 down SAM.) Greene at 2b and you pick a Corner for the 3rd.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post

Looks like Jamison is one of the better running backs in pass protection in the draft.
He might be pretty good but I am skeptical of two things:

1. His size. 5'8", 200 is giving away about 35+ plus pounds to blitzing LB's. Even if he is awesome at pass blocking that is going to be tough.

2. Whether he really can assimilate into a pro system in his rookie year.

In general rookies RB's have a hard time getting on the field due to protection issues. While I love Jamison (I had him at the same position in my Mock). I don't expect much if anything at all from him in pass pro, leave that to the bigger backs.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4118

Quote:
He might be pretty good but I am skeptical of two things:

1. His size. 5'8", 200 is giving away about 35+ plus pounds to blitzing LB's. Even if he is awesome at pass blocking that is going to be tough.

2. Whether he really can assimilate into a pro system in his rookie year.

In general rookies RB's have a hard time getting on the field due to protection issues. While I love Jamison (I had him at the same position in my Mock). I don't expect much if anything at all from him in pass pro, leave that to the bigger backs.
Umm 200lbs is average size for running backs. Most NFL Running backs give up 30+ lbs to linebackers...that's why most of them use chop blocks instead of trying to punch them in the chest. The issue most running backs have coming out of college is picking which lane and which player to block. What makes Jamison good is that not only is he very good chopping linebackers, but he is a decent chipper off the edge when running his route (which is the most underrated thing Brian Leonard does).

Last edited by Synric; 02-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Umm 200lbs is average size for running backs. Most NFL Running backs give up 30+ lbs to linebackers...that's why most of them use chop blocks instead of trying to punch them in the chest. The issue most running backs have coming out of college is picking which lane and which player to block. What makes Jamison good is that not only is he very good chopping linebackers, but he is a decent chipper off the edge when running his route (which is the most underrated thing Brian Leonard does).
Of all the backs drafted last season 9 were 210 or under and 10 were 211 and over. 200 is NOT average size for an NFL back. There are backs that are 200 and under that are effective but if you look at the top ten rushers in the league this season 8 out of 10 are 210 or better.

I perfectly understand the problems of blitz pickup that RB's face with size differential. Jamison may have shown excellent skills in college as a pass blocker, but the size skill and schemes of the NFL game are most likely going to give him trouble in his first year.

My point was that the OP want to bring in three rookie running backs with BJGE (who is terrible at blitz pick up). So you bring in three guys that are most likely going to struggle out of the gate and match them with a back that is not good at pass pro and you are going to end up with a QB that is one his tail more often than needed. This can be solved by keep Leonard and allowing him to stay on the field in passing situations. Why put your 200lb change of pace rookie back in the backfield when you can keep your 239lb veteran in for the same reason?

Old 02-17-2013, 04:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2791

A few guys that could be off the board, but that would be an amazing off season!! I like the big play element that Vaccaro and Wallace would bring in the passing game. I like that you point out Watson's style as something they could use..but I think he's a bit of a reach at the high 2nd round, there will be 1st round types falling when teams reach for needs. Collins, Taylor, Jamison and Bass are some really nice selections. They're guys that make the rotation and an impact.

The heat you're drawing from the RB's isn't that they aren't worth taking..its that the team won't do it. I think they sign a vet RB, or count on one that they retain rather than get three of them out of the draft. I don't think that Johnson would sign as a CFA if he had two rookie runners ahead of him either. I also like the Pope and Jackson signings for cheap, but Moore won't be a Bengal. If anything, maybe Jason Campbell with the Hue Jackson connection, but Matt Moore will go to Cleveland or another tream that will actually pay money for someone to compete for the job. The Wallace signing means they won't spend more money to land Ginn, they have enough return men in house anyway. Overall this would be a great offseason though.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil413 View Post
A few guys that could be off the board, but that would be an amazing off season!! I like the big play element that Vaccaro and Wallace would bring in the passing game. I like that you point out Watson's style as something they could use..but I think he's a bit of a reach at the high 2nd round, there will be 1st round types falling when teams reach for needs. Collins, Taylor, Jamison and Bass are some really nice selections. They're guys that make the rotation and an impact.

The heat you're drawing from the RB's isn't that they aren't worth taking..its that the team won't do it. I think they sign a vet RB, or count on one that they retain rather than get three of them out of the draft. I don't think that Johnson would sign as a CFA if he had two rookie runners ahead of him either. I also like the Pope and Jackson signings for cheap, but Moore won't be a Bengal. If anything, maybe Jason Campbell with the Hue Jackson connection, but Matt Moore will go to Cleveland or another tream that will actually pay money for someone to compete for the job. The Wallace signing means they won't spend more money to land Ginn, they have enough return men in house anyway. Overall this would be a great offseason though.
I appteciate it man...and actually agree with what u said. The likelyhood of Matt Moore is not good but i just think he can get it done and has talent. I completely agree about all the Rbs...I doubt they bengals would do it, I just would prefer a complete revamp of the backfeild. Maybe just stacy and jamison.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47375

That's 62 men on the roster. Who do you have cut and going to the practice squad.

Who are the 53?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
That's 62 men on the roster. Who do you have cut and going to the practice squad.

Who are the 53?
hahah i dont know dude...il leave that to u lifers lol
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3288

Quote:
hahah i dont know dude...il leave that to u lifers lol
What do you mean by "lifers"?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1793

Great mock!
Fills all our needs

Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Mayock just put both Dennis johnson and Zac stacy in his top 10 for RBs this yr. Not sure if practice squad is where theyd end up. especially in cincy where a GOOD running back is needed. Jamison, stacy, and johnson are going to be far better backs then peerman herron and leonard....and BJGE

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 02-19-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

PS Love the draft. Vince Williams is one of my favorite picks. The only thing I would change is taking a WLB to go along with him instead of Collins (and I really like Collins, but I think they go to FA to look for the 2 down SAM.) Greene at 2b and you pick a Corner for the 3rd.
i feel you i just think the better value is at Taylor in the second and collins in the third then green in the second and a corner in the third cuz taylor wont be there and greene imo is too small he gets swallowed up alot once olineman get him. saw it alot at the senior bowl.but i could be wrong..i mean greene flys around.