Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30030
Default Re: Tired of dog poo on the lawn?

One day a few months ago as I was leaving for work my neighbor, who has a rodent sized dog watched as his dog pooped in my yard. He saw me backing down my driveway and did nothing about it. When I got home from work the poop was still there. So I picked it up and put it on his porch with a note asking him to pick up after his dog.

A few days later while mowing the lawn I found more of his dogs droppings in my yard. This time I told him if I find anymore of his dog's droppings in my yard, he will start finding my dogs' (both over 100 pounds) droppings in his yard.

Hasn't been a problem since.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
So... my neighbor is not the property owner. Keep up.

It is my understanding that in "common areas" in apartment communities, pet owners are responsible to pick up their dog's crap.

A lot of people seem to think, well it's not my yard, and it's not your yard, what are you griping about? But, if your neighbor is paying rent, he has as much right to a **** free yard, as you do to walk your dog on it.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
It is my understanding that in "common areas" in apartment communities, pet owners are responsible to pick up their dog's crap.

A lot of people seem to think, well it's not my yard, and it's not your yard, what are you griping about? But, if your neighbor is paying rent, he has as much right to a **** free yard, as you do to walk your dog on it.
But at the same time how is right to pour rat poison in a common area. Last time I checked dog poop won't kill anyone.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
But at the same time how is right to pour rat poison in a common area. Last time I checked dog poop won't kill anyone.

Two wrongs /=/ Right
Old 02-17-2013, 04:19 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 62087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
So, being a property owner just turns people into as sholes?
No, people who dont respect other people's property turn those property owners into a-holes.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10370

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDog View Post
The solution is easy. Train your dogs properly!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9067

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
This is exactly why you don't let a 5 year old child wander around the neighborhood unsupervised. Especially if YOU ALREADY KNOW there is poison sitting out that he could get into.

People who are not responsibvle enough to take care of pets or children should not be allowed to have them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Sorry, but I gotta agree with Fred on this one. Train your animals properly, and respect others private property. And trying to make the analogy with a toddler is ridiculous. I have both dogs and cats and love them enough to train them so they dont get in that kind of trouble. But as a property owner, I have the right to spread cayenne pepper on my lawn if I want. If your dog doesnt like it, then keep it off my lawn. If I am changing my anti freeze and leave it out near my garage, if you dont want your cat to drink it, then keep your cat off my property.
There's the rub right there! In my 40 years its been my experience that a good education generally leads to a person being more understanding and compassionate. It's a shame that people such as Fred and yourself feel the need to turn to the darkside so quickly considering that each of you are "so educated". There are other nonlethal means by which an "educated" individual could handle this situation.
I'm just an uneducated country boy myself, but I wouldn't need to stoop to the low of destroying another human beings beloved pets to obtain the goal of keeping others pet's off of my lawn.
My pitt Brutus usually does this with his presence alone.
I know of a person that died from accidentally drinking antifreeze so you are wrong in your assumption that it doesn't happen.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 62087

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
There's the rub right there! In my 40 years its been my experience that a good education generally leads to a person being more understanding and compassionate. It's a shame that people such as Fred and yourself feel the need to turn to the darkside so quickly considering that each of you are "so educated". There are other nonlethal means by which an "educated" individual could handle this situation.
I'm just an uneducated country boy myself, but I wouldn't need to stoop to the low of destroying another human beings beloved pets to obtain the goal of keeping others pet's off of my lawn.
My pitt Brutus usually does this with his presence alone.
I know of a person that died from accidentally drinking antifreeze so you are wrong in your assumption that it doesn't happen.
Im not saying I would take that route, but I am familiar with people who repeatedly do the same thing...even when asked nicely to stop. I will always choose to talk to my neighbors first in an effort to resolve problems. But you and I both know there are those people who will ignore that and keep on doing the same thing. My experience has been that it is rare for the property owner to resort to cayenne pepper, antifreeze, etc after only one instance. Not saying there arent jerks like that too, but its usually after repeated instances that the property owner will stoop to those measures.And if the pet owner refuses to respect the property, then the property owner can do as he likes on his property. If they dont want their pet in danger, then dont let it on his property. This is coming from a pet owner.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16952

oooooops!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16952

Quote:
This is coming from a pet owner.
Blow up dolls are not real and they're not pets!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9067

Quote:
Im not saying I would take that route, but I am familiar with people who repeatedly do the same thing...even when asked nicely to stop. I will always choose to talk to my neighbors first in an effort to resolve problems. But you and I both know there are those people who will ignore that and keep on doing the same thing. My experience has been that it is rare for the property owner to resort to cayenne pepper, antifreeze, etc after only one instance. Not saying there arent jerks like that too, but its usually after repeated instances that the property owner will stoop to those measures.And if the pet owner refuses to respect the property, then the property owner can do as he likes on his property. If they dont want their pet in danger, then dont let it on his property. This is coming from a pet owner.
I agree but unfortunately these people are taking their anger out on the wrong individual or speceis. I have some neighbors of Latino descent that go through dogs ,cats, and chickens like the changing of their socks.
It saddens me it truly does. When approached by a "gringo" they immediately put up their walls of self defense so communication is nearly impossible.In this case there is no language barrior only old predjudices. Meanwhile they have a different pet every 6-8 months because they have neglected their previous "pet" and that pet has been killed or has died at a very early age.
It's usually the people/owner that is at fault but the "pet" that pays for their owners ignorance with its life. Just doesn't seem right to me.
Plz don't misconsture this as a shot at Latinos because it isn't.All races are capable of ignorance and neglect.I have Latinos in my family and love them.I was just using these neighbors as a reference.

Last edited by coachmcneil71; 02-17-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23155

Problem with dog poop? Call Green Scoop!

https://gust.com/c/green_scoop