Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2489
bengals Ramping up the offense mock

I don't think it will or should go this way but wanting to have some fun trying to add as much talent to the offense as possible. This is just for fun but wanted opinions.

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson
Patterson sounds like the top option, but this guy is clutch and my favorite WR in the draft. I think he'd make an awesome WR2 across from AJ.

Round 2A: Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
Adding some power with this strong Tide runner that has some speed moves as well. I want super speed, but there's a chance we can grab that later.

Round 2B: Larry Warford OG Kentucky
Let Boling move to backup all the interior line positions. A lot of people love this guy others think less.

Round 3: Travis Frederick C Wisconsin
We have always needed improvement at C, but I've been content with an average C in Cook, but I think there's a chance we might get a high value guy early this draft.

Round 4: Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
Definitely need some linebacker help. Good value in the fourth that could help immediately.

Round 5: Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
There's our speed option for our RB stable. Not great inside runner in the NFL I think, but can get outside and can catch. Perfect compliment to Lacy Law Firm.

Round 6A: Tyrann Mathieu CB/S LSU
Depth at CB can compete with the S as well.

Round 6B: Michael Wiliams TE Alabama
The most popular pick amongst everyone here. Blocks well and can catch a little bit as well. Also helps the goal line formations replacing Roland.

It's would mean we'd have to sign a FA S to start across from Nelson as well as a LB from somewhere. Anyways I love doing mocks focusing on a single side of the ball for fun.

QB: Andy Dalton, Bruce Gradkowski
RB: Eddie Lacy, BenJarvis Green-Ellis, Kenjon Barner
FB: Jerome Felton
WR: AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Mohammed Sanu, Andrew Hawkins, Marvin Jones, Ryan Whalen
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Orson Charles, Michael Williams
LT: Andre Whitworth, Anthony Collins
LG: Larry Warford, Clint Boling
C: Travis Frederick, Trevor Robinson
RG: Kevin Zeitler
RT: Andre Smith

Last edited by Carolinabengalfanguy; 02-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17935
Default Re: Ramping up the offense mock

I like it.

Seems to me, Hopkins, Patterson and Allen would all be good value at 21. Depending on who else is still there, this could very well happen. Some people don't see WR as an early need. I do, and at the very least, such a pick would be a big plus for the offense.

I like Lacy quite a bit. I think he's not as fast as, but otherwise similar to Jamal Lewis, who was a helluva player. I think he's powerful enough to get to the open field and fast enough to only get caught from behind by a fast corner of safety who may or may not be able to drag him to the ground. He would take BJGE's spot and move him to short yardage and spot duty immediately if not right out the door. I don't see him leaving, but with Lacy, he would not be starting. I also think Lacy goes in the 1st but hope I'm wrong.

I like the rest of it too. Homey Badger? In the 6th, why not?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40067

CBFG, you won me over completely by making up for taking a WR in the 1st, by backing it up with quite possibly the two best interior linemen in this years class!

You also have two of my favorite RBs in this class, one of my favorite TEs, and a darned good LB, to boot. Heck, I can even overlook spending a draft pick on Tyrann Mathieu, for the rest of that class.

THAT draft would put the Bengals offense in the same class as the defense, in a hurry.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2489
bengals Re: Ramping up the offense mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I like it.

Seems to me, Hopkins, Patterson and Allen would all be good value at 21. Depending on who else is still there, this could very well happen. Some people don't see WR as an early need. I do, and at the very least, such a pick would be a big plus for the offense.

I like Lacy quite a bit. I think he's not as fast as, but otherwise similar to Jamal Lewis, who was a helluva player. I think he's powerful enough to get to the open field and fast enough to only get caught from behind by a fast corner of safety who may or may not be able to drag him to the ground. He would take BJGE's spot and move him to short yardage and spot duty immediately if not right out the door. I don't see him leaving, but with Lacy, he would not be starting. I also think Lacy goes in the 1st but hope I'm wrong.

I like the rest of it too. Homey Badger? In the 6th, why not?
Hopkins is my favorite. As a clemson student I watched him in person and TV make clutch catches consistently this year as fan favorite Watkins smoked and injured himself out of a lot of the year. He's been productive throughout his career and he's gifted physically as well.

He's not as gifted as some of the others in the draft, but I think he could be a #1 and definitely a great #2 in the league. I wanted Jeffrey last year, and outside the injury he had a decent rookie year I thought.

As far as overall impression of WR I think physical freaks that produce go in the top 10 freaks that didn't impress go towards the end of the first and throughout, and less gifted producers anytime outside the first.

Hopkins is gifted, just not AJ Green and Calvin Johnson (possibly biggest freak ever) gifted.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

We will be taking offense with most of our early picks. I laugh at all these predictions of us taking LBs or whatever.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035

I would love this draft, every part of it. Think I like the oline picks the most, but overall thus draft is my favorite one I've seen
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I don't think it will or should go this way but wanting to have some fun trying to add as much talent to the offense as possible. This is just for fun but wanted opinions.

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson
Patterson sounds like the top option, but this guy is clutch and my favorite WR in the draft. I think he'd make an awesome WR2 across from AJ.

Round 2A: Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
Adding some power with this strong Tide runner that has some speed moves as well. I want super speed, but there's a chance we can grab that later.

Round 2B: Larry Warford OG Kentucky
Let Boling move to backup all the interior line positions. A lot of people love this guy others think less.

Round 3: Travis Frederick C Wisconsin
We have always needed improvement at C, but I've been content with an average C in Cook, but I think there's a chance we might get a high value guy early this draft.

Round 4: Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
Definitely need some linebacker help. Good value in the fourth that could help immediately.

Round 5: Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
There's our speed option for our RB stable. Not great inside runner in the NFL I think, but can get outside and can catch. Perfect compliment to Lacy Law Firm.

Round 6A: Tyrann Mathieu CB/S LSU
Depth at CB can compete with the S as well.

Round 6B: Michael Wiliams TE Alabama
The most popular pick amongst everyone here. Blocks well and can catch a little bit as well. Also helps the goal line formations replacing Roland.

It's would mean we'd have to sign a FA S to start across from Nelson as well as a LB from somewhere. Anyways I love doing mocks focusing on a single side of the ball for fun.

QB: Andy Dalton, Bruce Gradkowski
RB: Eddie Lacy, BenJarvis Green-Ellis, Kenjon Barner
FB: Jerome Felton
WR: AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Mohammed Sanu, Andrew Hawkins, Marvin Jones, Ryan Whalen
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Orson Charles, Michael Williams
LT: Andre Whitworth, Anthony Collins
LG: Larry Warford, Clint Boling
C: Travis Frederick, Trevor Robinson
RG: Kevin Zeitler
RT: Andre Smith
Love this mock if we pick up a FA safety. But like it a lot either way.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 PM

Rep Points: 17

Better go offense early. Rounds 1 2 and three. Offense needs major upgrades
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2372

I like your Mock but I think Fredricks is gone before our third and Barner still around in the 5th is a stretch. Hopkins is real player I think he may go ahead of Allen.
Who know it's still early, the offense needs some upgrades.
3rd. OT JaWaun James
4th. DT Caruan Reid
5th QB Aaron Murry
6th DE Brent Urban
7th WR/KR John Brown

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 02-17-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1696

Like what you did there.
Rather not have Mathieu, but if nothing else takes Tates place