Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 02-17-2013, 05:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3197
bengals Elite Defense mock

Sorry guys I meant to put the offensive mock here, but put it in the draft section. Might get moved idk, but for fun lets see what we can do for what was a strong defense in 2012 that had its holes

Round 1: Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
Best inside guy in the draft I think. Keep Burfict on the outside and put Te'o in the middle. Slightly worried about potential ME personality, not so worried about his abilities.

Round 2A: Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia
I'd kick him to the outside where his coverage skills would be used to the greatest. He's fast and has S instincts. Does the DUI push him to our pick at 37? Maybe, might be lower as he started in the 2ndish round, might not hurt him much at all.

Round 2B: David Amerson CB N.C. State
One of the top CB's before the year falls after a down season where he gambled too much in coverage and got burned. Kirkpatrick, Allen, and a trio of elder guys can't be relied on too much so why not get a down player with lots of potential?

Round 3: Jonathan Cyprien S FIU
Small school prospect getting popular around here. People have been clamoring for a safety for years and I think every member here wants one whether its FA, draft, Dre, Hall, or whatever. Cyprien showed out at the senior bowl and looks to be a riser in this draft class.

Round 4: Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA
We need at least 2 RB's. this predicates we grab a quality guy in FA. Franklin played great this year and he's a great runner and receiver that would make an awesome RB2 if not a starter.

Round 5: Khaled Holmes C USC
Someone to at least compete against Trevor and Kyle. Was great last year before hurting his stock with a bad senior year.

Round 6A: Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson
Disappointing year for Goodman who coulda been picked in the 2-3 range. If seen him and he looks like a beast to me. I think we could add him to the rotation, but not count on him being a replacement for anybody instead just a rotating pass rusher.

Round 6B: Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
He really made his stamp as a great returner this year. He got hot and I really think he convinced himself into greatness in that area. He showed sparks as a receiver, but I wouldn't draft him counting on him to be a great receiver, but rather hoping this returner could produce there as well.

DE: Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry
DT: Geno Atkins, Devon Still
DT: Domata Peko, Brandon Thompson
DE: Carlos Dunlap, Robert Geathers, Malliciah Goodman
OLB: Vontaze Burfict, Manny Lawson
MLB: Manti Te'o, Dan Skuta
OLB: Alec Ogletree, Thomas Howard
CB: Leon Hall, Jason Allen, Adam Jones
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick, David Amerson, Brandon Ghee
S: Reggie Nelson, Georgia Iloka
S: Jonathan Cyprien, Nate Clements

Meh the offensive one made a better team in my opinion although the LB spots much weaker in that scenario.

Last edited by Carolinabengalfanguy; 02-17-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45334
Default Re: Elite Defense mock

Not as big of a fan, as of your offensive mock. Just feel like some of those guys wouldn't make the team/overkill.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

bengals Re: Elite Defense mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Not as big of a fan, as of your offensive mock. Just feel like some of those guys wouldn't make the team/overkill.
Me neither this will be 2.0'd
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
Sorry guys I meant to put the offensive mock here, but put it in the draft section. Might get moved idk, but for fun lets see what we can do for what was a strong defense in 2012 that had its holes

Round 1: Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
Best inside guy in the draft I think. Keep Burfict on the outside and put Te'o in the middle. Slightly worried about potential ME personality, not so worried about his abilities.

Round 2A: Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia
I'd kick him to the outside where his coverage skills would be used to the greatest. He's fast and has S instincts. Does the DUI push him to our pick at 37? Maybe, might be lower as he started in the 2ndish round, might not hurt him much at all.

Round 2B: David Amerson CB N.C. State
One of the top CB's before the year falls after a down season where he gambled too much in coverage and got burned. Kirkpatrick, Allen, and a trio of elder guys can't be relied on too much so why not get a down player with lots of potential?

Round 3: Jonathan Cyprien S FIU
Small school prospect getting popular around here. People have been clamoring for a safety for years and I think every member here wants one whether its FA, draft, Dre, Hall, or whatever. Cyprien showed out at the senior bowl and looks to be a riser in this draft class.

Round 4: Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA
We need at least 2 RB's. this predicates we grab a quality guy in FA. Franklin played great this year and he's a great runner and receiver that would make an awesome RB2 if not a starter.

Round 5: Khaled Holmes C USC
Someone to at least compete against Trevor and Kyle. Was great last year before hurting his stock with a bad senior year.

Round 6A: Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson
Disappointing year for Goodman who coulda been picked in the 2-3 range. If seen him and he looks like a beast to me. I think we could add him to the rotation, but not count on him being a replacement for anybody instead just a rotating pass rusher.

Round 6B: Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
He really made his stamp as a great returner this year. He got hot and I really think he convinced himself into greatness in that area. He showed sparks as a receiver, but I wouldn't draft him counting on him to be a great receiver, but rather hoping this returner could produce there as well.

DE: Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry
DT: Geno Atkins, Devon Still
DT: Domata Peko, Brandon Thompson
DE: Carlos Dunlap, Robert Geathers, Malliciah Goodman
OLB: Vontaze Burfict, Manny Lawson
MLB: Manti Te'o, Dan Skuta
OLB: Alec Ogletree, Thomas Howard
CB: Leon Hall, Jason Allen, Adam Jones
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick, David Amerson, Brandon Ghee
S: Reggie Nelson, Georgia Iloka
S: Jonathan Cyprien, Nate Clements

Meh the offensive one made a better team in my opinion although the LB spots much weaker in that scenario.
i like it, i feel this is the way we should go. i dont know about starting cyprien right away coming from fla int to the nfl might be a tough go right away, but he's a good prospect
Old 02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 912

Quote:
Me neither this will be 2.0'd
What about vacarro in the first the teo with 2a and ogeltree with 2b?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger phoenix View Post
What about vacarro in the first the teo with 2a and ogeltree with 2b?
Those guys might be there at 2A but I don't see them there at 2B
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 912

Quote:
I wasn't sure how far either would fall because of their problems. Would be pretty cool if it fell that way though.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 151

Quote:
ogletree might make it 2b with his recent dui arrest
Old 02-17-2013, 08:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
ogletree might make it 2b with his recent dui arrest
I know about the DUI, but I really don't think it will push him to 2B I would love if it did though.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

I really don't want Teo anywhere near this team. I think his poor bowl game CONFIRMED his play during the year. He's not the best at shedding blocks and struggles against elite competition.

I also don't think that he will be viewed very well as a leader of the defense. Like it or not, that whole girlfriend thing is going to hang with him for awhile in a negative fashion.