Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575
Default Survival rate of colon cancer

I was wondering wha the survival rate of colon cancer is? has anyone here dealt with a family member with colon cancer?

It isnt for sure yet, but there is a possibility that my father may have this terrible disease. He is scheduled to see the dr in a couple weeks to get things checked out. just wondering if anyone here has dealt with it before,

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34472
Default Re: Survival rate of colon cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
I was wondering wha the survival rate of colon cancer is? has anyone here dealt with a family member with colon cancer?

It isnt for sure yet, but there is a possibility that my father may have this terrible disease. He is scheduled to see the dr in a couple weeks to get things checked out. just wondering if anyone here has dealt with it before,
Unfortunately I was too young to really be a part of any of the discussions about it, but my grandmother and 3 of her siblings died from it.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73354

Quote:

It's not pretty:

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/colonan...survival-rates

Thoughts and prayers for your father. Hope he doesn't have it.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27504

Quote:

My wifes cousin died @ 25 from colon cancer.

But i hope your situation turns out better.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
My wifes cousin died @ 25 from colon cancer.

But i hope your situation turns out better.
thats what im worried about. My father is 51 years old and is a type 2 diabetic with other health issues.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5310

It depends on the stage of cancer. A person in Stage I is more likely to survive than someone in Stage IV. Altogether, there are eight stages.

Steeler Eater, thank you for ^^^^^^. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19293

My dad had stage 2 colon cancer and it went into remission few years ago after chemo. They caught it early enough to stop it. Also everyone should get a colonoscopy done at 40 if not sooner to help catch it early enough.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
My dad had stage 2 colon cancer and it went into remission few years ago after chemo. They caught it early enough to stop it. Also everyone should get a colonoscopy done at 40 if not sooner to help catch it early enough.
And every year after.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 719

Quote:

Thoughts and prayers to you, your dad, and family! Hopefully he doesn't have it but if he does hopefully its caught in time!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7048

My Father in Law went and got checked out as one of those routine things and the doc found trouble, lol. He had colon cancer, but it was caught in time, well, time enough to save his life. Although he has to spend the rest of his days with a colostomy bag. That was around 20 years ago and he's still going strong.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10504

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Thankfully, it is one of the most curable forms of cancer if caught early. One of my employees just went through a fight with colon cancer and came out just fine. The chemo wasn't as bad as he thought it would be and the surgeries were quick and generally pretty non invasive with quick recovery times.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!