Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7031
Default This is the year

This is the year the Bengals win all the games they're supposed to win and win a couple that they aren't supposed to win.

This is also the year that the Bengals win a playoff game or two, no matter though since this is the year that the Bengals make the AFC Championship game or better.

This is the year that whoever the Bengals play, the other team will see them coming and know there's nothing they can do to stop them.

This is the year, it has to be.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14058
Default Re: This is the year

Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, the last 22 years. Forgive me for being skeptical.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, the last 22 years. Forgive me for being skeptical.

Oh, I know, I know. It has to be though this year, I just has to be.

Remember before the season started in 2010 after the Bengals went out and signed T.O.? Man, I was siked for the season to start and had grand dreams of the Super Bowl. Well, my heart was saying Super Bowl, but I would have been happy with making the playoffs and getting a win. That didn't turn out all that great, lol.

My OP is not a "Hope" post or a "What I think" post. No, this thread is an "Ultimatum" thread, for me anyway.

Now I'm not saying I won't be a fan any more, far from it. How can I not be a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals? For me, it's an impossibility not to be a fan. What I'm saying is that the Bengals have to get at least a playoff win, they have to. If they make the playoffs and lose the first game, while I'll still be a fan, I just won't be emotionally invested in the team any longer. I'll still hang around the boards and take part is some discussions, but I just can't get wrapped up in the Bengals any longer.

So many years of supporting this team, so many years. It's time for the Bengals to show me that they care or I'm going to stop. That's it, win or I won't be able to do it any longer.

I hope everyone understands what I'm saying.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2051

This is the year we replace unrealistic expectations with something we'd actually bet money on. At the least, this team will break even in free agency and keep some of their own players long term. Add a crop of new players in the draft to a young improving team and this team will be a 5 seed at the very least. The playoffs are expected this year, and a win would be a huge deal around here.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7658

This is the year
My only friend, this year

The year Bengals prove the doubters wrong
"Touchdown Bengals" will be the chorus of the song
It's been so, so long

This is the year

The year Bengals take the North
No time for fans to abort
Who-Dey shouts echo in report

This is the year

The year Bengals win the AFC
Just you freakin wait and see
This anthem will come to be

This is the year

The year of the Striperbowl
Not just a hyperbol
Climbing out of the toilet bowl

This is the year

The year Geno hoists the Lombardi
For all the world to see
Bengals win the Trophy.

This is the year, my only friend this year.

This is the end.
Of my corny song, it rambled way too long.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Location: on the other side of the pillow....where its always cooler
Rep Points: 11112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
3 out of 4 playoff appearances and back to back playoffs for the first time in decades with one of the youngest teams in the league....and you're a skeptic!?!?

Skepticism is for losers, jump on the bandwagon or don't. Goodness

Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_prideforlife View Post
3 out of 4 playoff appearances and back to back playoffs for the first time in decades with one of the youngest teams in the league....and you're a skeptic!?!?

How many playoff wins have they had 3 of the past 4 years? Making the playoffs is nice, continually getting bounced in the first round...not so much.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 644

Seem to recall that the thread "This is the year" was posted in the off season in 2006, 2010 aand 2012.

I have been promised by the historian Fredtoast that the inefficency displayed by quarterback Dalton only resembles the future Lombardi Trophy winning seasons of quarterbacks Flacco, Manning (both), Rogers and Bradshaw. So I am assuming that Fredtoast is correct and playoff efficency is the next step for quarterback Dalton and the Cincinnati Bengals.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27321

Well many consider 13 an unlucky number

we for years have been an unlucky team..

Now two negatives equal a positive.. So this is our year.

Plus it would make since that the team without an indoor practice facility get to play in an outdoor NY SB

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Seem to recall that the thread "This is the year" was posted in the off season in 2006, 2010 aand 2012.

I have been promised by the historian Fredtoast that the inefficency displayed by quarterback Dalton only resembles the future Lombardi Trophy winning seasons of quarterbacks Flacco, Manning (both), Rogers and Bradshaw. So I am assuming that Fredtoast is correct and playoff efficency is the next step for quarterback Dalton and the Cincinnati Bengals.
Is that a positive comment about the bengals? When did you decide to take your little robot head out of your little robot *** and join the rest of us in realizing the teams potential?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 137

I feel like we always had spots to fill and had to choose which positions to leave in bad shape.
But This year it looks like we will get all our bases covered and boost a few positions.

It feels like we are one of those big fancy organizations for once.

Draft picks, $$ tp spend, and some grit to back it up.

Who-Dey!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8910

8-8 tops. Call me snake bitten.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3422

Since we have to spend more on either our on players or other team's free agents, there is some reason for optimism this year.

It will be fun to watch.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Oh, I know, I know. It has to be though this year, I just has to be.

Remember before the season started in 2010 after the Bengals went out and signed T.O.? Man, I was siked for the season to start and had grand dreams of the Super Bowl. Well, my heart was saying Super Bowl, but I would have been happy with making the playoffs and getting a win. That didn't turn out all that great, lol.

My OP is not a "Hope" post or a "What I think" post. No, this thread is an "Ultimatum" thread, for me anyway.

Now I'm not saying I won't be a fan any more, far from it. How can I not be a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals? For me, it's an impossibility not to be a fan. What I'm saying is that the Bengals have to get at least a playoff win, they have to. If they make the playoffs and lose the first game, while I'll still be a fan, I just won't be emotionally invested in the team any longer. I'll still hang around the boards and take part is some discussions, but I just can't get wrapped up in the Bengals any longer.

So many years of supporting this team, so many years. It's time for the Bengals to show me that they care or I'm going to stop. That's it, win or I won't be able to do it any longer.

I hope everyone understands what I'm saying.
That you're a quitter? Yep.

That you're a fair weather fan? Yep.

I'm old enough to remember the 80s and Super Bowl run of the early 90s but wasn't old enough to really be as die-hard as I am now, so I don't remember the better years and I suffered through the 90s. In other words, I'm not old enough to have really appreciated the golden years but I'm old enough to have been fully aware of the hell of the 90s.

Quit on the team........... do it now because, if you can't be a fan through the worst, you sure as hell shouldn't get to enjoy the glory when we get to the promised land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post

Plus it would make since that the team without an indoor practice facility get to play in an outdoor NY SB
Beautiful logic (The two negatives equal a positive.)

The indoor practice facility doesn't really matter, though, since we're using UC's.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2104

two playoff births in a row? ?Yes i agree with the OP.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 60

This is the year the Bengals win all the games they're supposed to win and win a couple that they aren't supposed to win.

This is also the year that the Bengals win a playoff game or two, no matter though since this is the year that the Bengals make the AFC Championship game or better.

This is the year that whoever the Bengals play, the other team will see them coming and know there's nothing they can do to stop them.

well

this will be the same as previous years where the bengals do not win the games they are supposed to

this wll be the year that the Bengals do not win a playoff ame if they even make it to the playoffs

this will be the year that teams like houston know whats coming and still kick our butts

this will be the year I just know it will be..see same remarks the past 30 years
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

I'm old enough to remember the 80s and Super Bowl run of the early 90s but wasn't old enough to really be as die-hard as I am now, so I don't remember the better years and I suffered through the 90s. In other words, I'm not old enough to have really appreciated the golden years but I'm old enough to have been fully aware of the hell of the 90s.

Quit on the team........... do it now because, if you can't be a fan through the worst, you sure as hell shouldn't get to enjoy the glory when we get to the promised land.

response

dude this team has essentially stunk for 30 years..30 years is enough

lol@ quitting on the team

Mike browns franchise has increased by 100s of millions of dollars he banks tens of millions a year i would say the fans in Cincinnati have been foolishly non quitters
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1544
bengals Re: This is the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierdude View Post

well

this will be the same as previous years where the bengals do not win the games they are supposed to

this wll be the year that the Bengals do not win a playoff ame if they even make it to the playoffs

this will be the year that teams like houston know whats coming and still kick our butts

this will be the year I just know it will be..see same remarks the past 30 years
I have been with this team since 1968,longer than most on here have been alive.I say we win 10-11 games this year.Andy Dalton will come back smokin. He HATES TO LOSE.He will grab his team and be our leader.Our key players will be coming back off injuries and fit right in.We will have a good draft and some of them will be playing right away.I am feeling very good about this season.Our coaching staff has been upgraded and marvin and company our having alot more input on decisions that effect our ability to move forward.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post

The number 13 is a lucky number for the Big Cats.Its unlucky for everyone but the cats.Trust me, its our year.We got the law frim going into his second year with this line and Andy.We got Sanu back,Marvin Jones second season with Andy.# 84 has said he is going to ball-out in his 3rd year and be a force.Our O-line will be better,our running back position will be better,Our defense will be better. We will score more points per game.Our special teams will be top 5.
Teams should be scared to come to our house, because they are going to get HAMMERED.They better keep the medics ready on their side and call out the national guard for help.I say 10-11 games and home field advantage.I WILL BE THERE SCREAMING MY LUNGS OUT AND LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierdude View Post

response

dude this team has essentially stunk for 30 years..30 years is enough

lol@ quitting on the team

Mike browns franchise has increased by 100s of millions of dollars he banks tens of millions a year i would say the fans in Cincinnati have been foolishly non quitters
The Super Bowl run in the early 90's was quite spectacular...almost unreal. In fact, sometimes I even question if it ever happened now. That's how unexpected it was.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_prideforlife View Post

Just think how good the last 2 years would have been if they actually spent their cap space and had an actual #2 WR. No...instead they went with Binns who was a waiver wire pickup and eventually got waived and Tate who obviously isn't a #2, #3, or probably #4 WR in the NFL.

Extreme optimism is just as bad as extreme negativity. Be objective. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

I'm still not convinced that this team is willing to invest all of it's resources into fielding a winner. Time will tell.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xavierdude

well

I have been with this team since 1968,longer than most on here have been alive.I say we win 10-11 games this year.Andy Dalton will come back smokin. He HATES TO LOSE.He will grab his team and be our leader.Our key players will be coming back off injuries and fit right in.We will have a good draft and some of them will be playing right away.I am feeling very good about this season.Our coaching staff has been upgraded and marvin and company our having alot more input on decisions that effect our ability to move forward.

met andy dalton ..he is a great dude..and he certainly does not want to lose..but..he was, and still is terribly inconsistent and inaccurate..watch his films from TCU sorry we should have taken Kapernick

our coaching staff has not been upgraded by Zimmers son and Hue jacksons promotion

more nepotism on the part of the Brown family

this coaching staff should have been fired 5 years ago..

what key players coming back from injury? you mean Sanu? a couple of good games do not make him a "key player"
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

2010s
Decade Record: 23-25-0
Season-by-Season:
2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019

2000s
Decade Record: 68-91-1
Season-by-Season:
2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004
2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009

1990s
Decade Record: 52-108-0
Season-by-Season:
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 37894

Marvin Lewis is not a Super Bowl winning head coach. I just don't see that happening. Maybe a playoff win, at best.

This is yet another year will each week will entertain me, no matter what the outcome, which is why I watch in the first place. You've got to admit, when we lose we do it in extraordinarily entertaining fashion. When we win, it's even more entertaining.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. This is the way I've been conditioned by this franchise. I can't go wrong with this method.

Last edited by STC; 02-20-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5062

This is the year we win the North and go deep in the playoffs. Or. This is the year the bottom drops out and we go 2-16.

The future is...not written yet. I hope our guys play hard and committedly, and the fans show up if they do.

I'll tell you though, one reason I'm a fan of drafting line is, if the bottom does fall out you can put a high draft pick behinds some guys who can protect him.