Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

View Poll Results: where do you want Ogletree RIGHT NOW
Still at 21 16 28.07%
Trade down to 28-34 range and see if he's available 9 15.79%
See if he's there at 37 22 38.60%
Wait till he might get to 51 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3390
Default Re: Ogletree

I think he is off my board at 21. Voted 37 now.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1367

I voted 37. That's his second arrest this year and with alcohol and substance abuse, the guy may be headed down the wrong path. It's just stupidity but I would rather not draft stupid in rd 1.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30022

Honestly I'm not as high on Ogletree as most here are. I wouldn't be upset if we don't draft him at all.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1526

Guys, watch his highlights and tell me why we as fans want him playing for the Bengals? If they draft him, I will support him, but watching his highlights and a few game tape, he is not that special. At most he will be Keith Rivers #2. Ogletree does not shed blocks well. Actually he likes to move around the blocks which gets him out of his gap. Luckily he has the speed to recover usually, but not always. He is not the player I want. If we are deciding between Ogletree and Teo at 21, I say go Teo no matter what. I don't like Teo THAT much, but he is a physical player than can shed blocks and is athletic enough to run sideline to sideline.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897
Default Re: Ogletree charged with DUI

And it begins:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette expects the Steelers to scratch Georgia ILB Alec Ogletree off of their 2013 draft board.

"There is no way they will draft this kid," Bouchette quipped. Ogletree has a long history of run-ins with the law, including last weekend's DUI. He'll likely be removed from several teams' draft boards. We wouldn't be surprised in the least, however, if the Bengals drafted Ogletree with the 21st overall pick

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

[quote=Bull Durham;2810832]I don't think he was a first round caliber talent before his DUI arrest.

He was maybe a second round guy based on his athletic ability alone and the hope he will continue to develop and become a solid player at some point.

But when you consider arrests for theft, DUI, and multiple failed drug tests, I would say maybe 5th round if you are desperate.[/quote]

I agree, the guy is trouble, like I said we just need to wait until the team that drafts him cuts him in a few years. Let him mature, become a family man and then come in and give us a few good years.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
Guys, watch his highlights and tell me why we as fans want him playing for the Bengals? If they draft him, I will support him, but watching his highlights and a few game tape, he is not that special. At most he will be Keith Rivers #2. Ogletree does not shed blocks well. Actually he likes to move around the blocks which gets him out of his gap. Luckily he has the speed to recover usually, but not always. He is not the player I want. If we are deciding between Ogletree and Teo at 21, I say go Teo no matter what. I don't like Teo THAT much, but he is a physical player than can shed blocks and is athletic enough to run sideline to sideline.
Everything that can be coached. You act like football players coming out of college are pro bowl players. They all need NFL coaching. You also act like we would draft him in the top 10 picks instead of 21. It's about upside and potential that make him a 1st rounder.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

[quote=D's Nuts and Bolts;2811317][quote=Bull Durham;2810832]I don't think he was a first round caliber talent before his DUI arrest.

He was maybe a second round guy based on his athletic ability alone and the hope he will continue to develop and become a solid player at some point.

But when you consider arrests for theft, DUI, and multiple failed drug tests, I would say maybe 5th round if you are desperate.[/quote]

I agree, the guy is trouble, like I said we just need to wait until the team that drafts him cuts him in a few years. Let him mature, become a family man and then come in and give us a few good years.[/quote
This is why I might get banned because stupid comments like this.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

[quote=BengalBuckeye;2811330][quote=D's Nuts and Bolts;2811317][quote=Bull Durham;2810832]I don't think he was a first round caliber talent before his DUI arrest.

I agree, the guy is trouble, like I said we just need to wait until the team that drafts him cuts him in a few years. Let him mature, become a family man and then come in and give us a few good years.[/quote
This is why I might get banned because stupid comments like this.[/quote]

You deleted the ] after quote, that will help you quote the stupid comments.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
Everything that can be coached. You act like football players coming out of college are pro bowl players. They all need NFL coaching. You also act like we would draft him in the top 10 picks instead of 21. It's about upside and potential that make him a 1st rounder.
For a 1st round pick, I'm expecting a player that comes in ready to play, maybe not at a pro bowl level, but at least ready. Ogletree looks like he'll need a season or two before he gets used to the physicality of the NFL. It's just my opinion, but Teo is much better than Ogletree as of right now. In the long run, who knows, but Ogletree in my mind is a 2nd round pick, not a 1st.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1569

Never really wanted him, but might take a shot at him with 51. The only knuckleheads I want are those with elite talent. You guys say Te'o is undraftable because he got fooled online, but this dude is still a 1st rounder? Yikes.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Never really wanted him, but might take a shot at him with 51. The only knuckleheads I want are those with elite talent. You guys say Te'o is undraftable because he got fooled online, but this dude is still a 1st rounder? Yikes.
I KNOW!!! From watching game tape, Teo is the most NFL ready LB coming out. Kevin Minter is a little inconsistent, I see him getting blocked by RB's, but other plays he blows through the OG. Teo was consistent up until the BCS Championship game. He looked horrible, but I believe that was the exception rather than the rule. Out of Minter, Teo, and Ogletree, I'd draft Teo first.

and I am not a Teo fan or anything like that, i just call it how i see it.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Don't draft him.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

I voted move back a few spots and still get him.

He was in the 10-21 range, but will now be in the 20-28 range.
If we can move back just a few picks and get a 4-5th rounder, it will help.

I don't see him getting out of the first round, but if he does, it would be dumb to loose him early in the second round.

Move back and take him late in the first.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 55

OGLETREE will be the pick @ 21!

Boy you guys are DUMB!

THE DOCTOR!!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Banned

Pick TEO and bring SKIRTS into the locker room? I don't think so!

The word is out about TEO's preferences!

He will drop to #20 Bears or #32 Ravens!

THE DOCTOR!!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 893

Didn't we try the whole "talented Georgia LB with possible substance abuse red flags" thing before?

I seem to remember it not ending very well.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Banned

GUESS WHO?
THE DOCTOR!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Banned

BENGALBUCKEYE? YOU are cockeyed if you think OGLETREE in R5!

Anyone who follows the OVERATED BUCKEYES can't see very well.

You can't recruit OHIO HS players and expect to WIN BIG! Urban understands that and he won't count on less talented Ohio players. Texas players is where the real talent is!!

THE DOCTOR!!!