Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31870
Default Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Kind of skeptical to get this game. I absolutely love the universe, and have been following this game since it started developing in the PS2. Needless to say, extremely disappointed to see it getting pretty much trashed in every review I've seen. Obviously Xeno likes it, but what does everyone else think?
People just dont know how to handle Alien games.... And most bad reviews are probly from call of duty players lol...

Is it as graphically sharp as Halo 4? No...

Is the AI the best you have ever seen... No...

Is the Game Intense Yes...

Is it Fun ... Yes...

What ive noticed lately in games and game reviews... Unless its a super franchise like CoD who basically releases the same game yearly... Any game thats not new and innovative gets blasted.

You know i like it but im an alien nut..... (i like this sci-fi series more than star trek or star wars... or any other thats out there...)

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2967

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
People just dont know how to handle Alien games.... And most bad reviews are probly from call of duty players lol...

Is it as graphically sharp as Halo 4? No...

Is the AI the best you have ever seen... No...

Is the Game Intense Yes...

Is it Fun ... Yes...

What ive noticed lately in games and game reviews... Unless its a super franchise like CoD who basically releases the same game yearly... Any game thats not new and innovative gets blasted.

You know i like it but im an alien nut..... (i like this sci-fi series more than star trek or star wars... or any other thats out there...)
As am I, I love the Universe, but that alone wouldn't make me enjoy the game. Ill probably Redbox it or something.

The last Aliens game I played was AVP2 on PC and I loved it. I went to the store to grab the new AVP when it came out and the dude literally told me to not buy it. He said "I'm just trying to save you some money, I'm in love with the Aliens and Predator universe and this game is trash." And that's pretty much what I've heard about this one as well. Ill give it a shot though, could be something I enjoy. Just disappointed to see it get beat up on.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
As am I, I love the Universe, but that alone wouldn't make me enjoy the game. Ill probably Redbox it or something.

The last Aliens game I played was AVP2 on PC and I loved it. I went to the store to grab the new AVP when it came out and the dude literally told me to not buy it. He said "I'm just trying to save you some money, I'm in love with the Aliens and Predator universe and this game is trash." And that's pretty much what I've heard about this one as well. Ill give it a shot though, could be something I enjoy. Just disappointed to see it get beat up on.
State of the Badass Art...

I just completed the game on the hardest difficultly.. And without the Hud's or ammo indicator it gets intense.. and quickly lol.

I love this game dude. I hope you try it out and judge for yourself. The graphics are not the best compared to some of the visually stunning games. But if you have watched Aliens. Its like getting to explore LV-426 in stunning HD.

I have earned people complain about a few glitches mainly with the doors. I personally havent seen any glitches..

The new AvP game was great fun its a shame you missed out on it... the campaigns werent great more like learning how to use each guy. (they repeated alot of maps thru the 3 small campaigns but it played well into the story.)

The multiplayer was great... Only thing i can see to complain about is the execution kills.. (and only a complaint because the marines dont have one lol)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

First DLC... "BUG HUNT" releases next month (no exact date yet...)

This will be a horde like multiplayer mode. (similar to the survivor mode in the latest AvP game if i had to guess... ) where waves of aliens attack the player.... Increasing in strenght and numbers as the rounds increase.

Should be some intense moments.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

After playing this game for a little bit, I think it's pretty safe to say I agree with the majority of reviews I've seen. This game *****. It doesn't feel intense or scary, even on the hardest difficulty, and the Aliens are pretty stupid. The first Alien you meet in the game aboard the Sulaco I killed very easily because he was turned around running into a wall. The others just aren't very fast or worrisome. The only interesting thing about this game is being able to move around in the scenes I've seen in the movies.

I'd give it a 3/10 if I was grading it.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10359

Not gonna lie, this is not a good game. At. All.

It's a very disappointing game, horrible AI. I mean seriously, it's just horrible AI. Cutscenes are terrible, and the story is just straight up bad. There's little to no challenge while playing this. Every enemy dies pretty quickly, so you can basically run through the whole place shooting everything and not feel threatened. I mean, maybe the best thing about it is being the alien in multiplayer? But even then, the controlling the alien is difficult to do, and just controls horribly.

Also, it gave arguably the most stupid ending I have ever seen in my entire life. And I mean my entire life...

This game was an overall disappointment, and it had so much hype. Seriously, I disliked everything about this game. There was nothing redeemable about this game. Nothing. I mean, this is a horrible game even if it was released 10 years ago. Again, very disappointed in this game.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3263

Quote:
First DLC... "BUG HUNT" releases next month (no exact date yet...)

This will be a horde like multiplayer mode. (similar to the survivor mode in the latest AvP game if i had to guess... ) where waves of aliens attack the player.... Increasing in strenght and numbers as the rounds increase.

Should be some intense moments.
This will be the only DLC I get for this game...and that's because I got it for free for buying it at walmart
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Not gonna lie, this is not a good game. At. All.

It's a very disappointing game, horrible AI. I mean seriously, it's just horrible AI. Cutscenes are terrible, and the story is just straight up bad. There's little to no challenge while playing this. Every enemy dies pretty quickly, so you can basically run through the whole place shooting everything and not feel threatened. I mean, maybe the best thing about it is being the alien in multiplayer? But even then, the controlling the alien is difficult to do, and just controls horribly.

Also, it gave arguably the most stupid ending I have ever seen in my entire life. And I mean my entire life...

This game was an overall disappointment, and it had so much hype. Seriously, I disliked everything about this game. There was nothing redeemable about this game. Nothing. I mean, this is a horrible game even if it was released 10 years ago. Again, very disappointed in this game.
Same exact way I feel. I couldn't stand to play it anymore. This is a niche game, only absolute diehards of the universe are going to like it. I love the Alien universe and I think this is quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Same exact way I feel. I couldn't stand to play it anymore. This is a niche game, only absolute diehards of the universe are going to like it. I love the Alien universe and I think this is quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played.
Did you play the campaign all the way through?

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel:

Old 02-25-2013, 10:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Did you play the campaign all the way through?
I played the game for a solid two/two and half hours then I was pretty much done

Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
After playing this game for a little bit, I think it's pretty safe to say I agree with the majority of reviews I've seen. This game *****. It doesn't feel intense or scary, even on the hardest difficulty, and the Aliens are pretty stupid. The first Alien you meet in the game aboard the Sulaco I killed very easily because he was turned around running into a wall. The others just aren't very fast or worrisome. The only interesting thing about this game is being able to move around in the scenes I've seen in the movies.

I'd give it a 3/10 if I was grading it.
I wonder do you guys install the games before playing them?

Because ive only seen really one glitch as far as the aliens and thats them running on the walls with 2 feet instead of 4.

but i have mine installed.

And you say you didnt have any problems by yourself on ultimate badass?

Did you at least play past chapter "Raven"?

I know the Alien AI isnt the best. but they couldnt make them like in the movie or everyone would hate the game because it was impossible.

You didnt like the story? They story was great it explains many things in the aliens universe movies and comic books?

but like you said im a die hard aliens fan. I understood everything about prometheus where many were confused and upset.

The story line to aliens Colonial marines Is great for the aliens universe and future games that will come. The ending ends much in the way of the 2nd movie.

the game is short... but the campaign is twice as long as any call of duty game ive seen.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Because ive only seen really one glitch as far as the aliens and thats them running on the walls with 2 feet instead of 4.

I know the Alien AI isnt the best. but they couldnt make them like in the movie or everyone would hate the game because it was impossible.

You didnt like the story? They story was great it explains many things in the aliens universe movies and comic books?

but like you said im a die hard aliens fan. I understood everything about prometheus where many were confused and upset.

The story line to aliens Colonial marines Is great for the aliens universe and future games that will come. The ending ends much in the way of the 2nd movie.

the game is short... but the campaign is twice as long as any call of duty game ive seen.
I died a couple times on Ultimate Badass, but it was nothing really that kept my interest. The setting they were seeming to go for was really intense, kind of spooky, eerie and I never had that feeling. I felt like I was just running around shooting these Aliens, when I was kind of expecting some moments to really be spooked and panicked. I went and returned it and got Aliens vs Predator for the 360 and I love it. During the Marine campaign there are moments where I feel like I'm in the game and it's pretty intense.

Basically, here's what I thought about Aliens:Cm

The graphics are pretty bad. Especially for a late 360 game. Most of the time I can look past it but in a game like CM I want to feel immersed in the world, and with sketchy graphics that's really hard to do.

The animations just ****. I started cracking up when the dude threw a grenade and blew up the ship in the hanger of the Sulaco. It looked like a firecracker went off.

The dialogue of the Marines weren't very enjoyable either.

I just thought the game absolutely ******. I don't think I've ever played something and just had absolutely zero fun with it until this :/. At least I got AVP, however.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I died a couple times on Ultimate Badass, but it was nothing really that kept my interest. The setting they were seeming to go for was really intense, kind of spooky, eerie and I never had that feeling. I felt like I was just running around shooting these Aliens, when I was kind of expecting some moments to really be spooked and panicked. I went and returned it and got Aliens vs Predator for the 360 and I love it. During the Marine campaign there are moments where I feel like I'm in the game and it's pretty intense.

Basically, here's what I thought about Aliens:Cm

The graphics are pretty bad. Especially for a late 360 game. Most of the time I can look past it but in a game like CM I want to feel immersed in the world, and with sketchy graphics that's really hard to do.

The animations just ****. I started cracking up when the dude threw a grenade and blew up the ship in the hanger of the Sulaco. It looked like a firecracker went off.

The dialogue of the Marines weren't very enjoyable either.

I just thought the game absolutely ******. I don't think I've ever played something and just had absolutely zero fun with it until this :/. At least I got AVP, however.
Ill play AvP with you sometime.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Honestly, it's really not that hard of a game. Each alien is placed in front of you basically and gives you enough time to shoot them. And even the final boss is very easy.

The story honestly wasn't that great. Especially with that chick and the alien baby. I just met her and bam, she's gonna have an alien baby. I didn't even feel bad for her, I just found her as a hassle.

And the ending is horrible. I'm sorry, but it is.

They could have done SO much better with this, but it's just a huge let down. Everything works, it's functional, it's just not a good game.

Honestly, if they didn't attach the aliens name/franchise on this, I promise absolutely no one would like this. Very little do already.

And I'm not dogging on the alien franchise, but this game is horrible. It's one of the worst games I've played in awhile

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel:

Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Now, there are some good things in this game. The multiplayer is by far the best part about this game, however, it gets old very easily as you can obtain everything by playing it for a full day. It also shows how horrible they did with the AI. If you can play like this, how come the AI can't?

Also, the "raven" part is actually pretty good. As are the hybrid zombies. I liked those two parts, but everything else is horrible.

It's just a slap in a face to the franchise. I mean, they bring back Hicks, and when asked how is he still alive, he just ignores the question. That, easily, shows how hard of a slap it was to the franchise.

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel:

Old 02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Now, there are some good things in this game. The multiplayer is by far the best part about this game, however, it gets old very easily as you can obtain everything by playing it for a full day. It also shows how horrible they did with the AI. If you can play like this, how come the AI can't?

Also, the "raven" part is actually pretty good. As are the hybrid zombies. I liked those two parts, but everything else is horrible.

It's just a slap in a face to the franchise. I mean, they bring back Hicks, and when asked how is he still alive, he just ignores the question. That, easily, shows how hard of a slap it was to the franchise.
I disagree.... about hicks. there are comics that go over him being captured and newt.

And with the DLC coming one might be about hicks time before they capture him (after hes awakened) I dont few it as a slap in the face but Expanding the universe giving them so many options. We no nothing of what happens from the movies inbetween the cryo and Fury. and even then we learn nothing on Fury... and resurrection is 200 years later. (at which time the US military is dicking around with an alien queen after fighting the company *Aliens:CM* for doing the same.)

Bringing hicks back gives them a familiar face to push the series( games) forward. And one of the DLCs could explain. Hicks said he was awaken by the ship do to Whaylen PMC's boarding it. But also said that the body that was believed his was a longer story. (which we might get to see.. but with the lenghts the company has proven it will go switching bodies is not out of the question even for newt)

I have really only played 2 multiplayer matches.. and i love this game.. Looking forward to playing the MP now (halo 4 just released a new map pack too)

Have all challenges done in the 1st 2 teirs.

Now as far as this story not being intense or scary enough i can agree on that. Just like Aliens wasnt as scary as Alien. Because you have a squad of marines at your back weather playing solo or Co-op online. to truely kick up the Intensity there should have been several levels you were entirely alone fighting aliens in dark hallways. (if they went that route it would have made the campaign more fun.) *They did do a good job with the lighting in my opinion. And the world looks dark and gritty but thats they way this world should look imo*

AvP campaign was short and mainly used the same 6 maps over and over. But the marines is almost impossible on Nightmare. nothing says intense like no check points and a die and restart from the beginning of the level.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I disagree.... about hicks. there are comics that go over him being captured and newt.

And with the DLC coming one might be about hicks time before they capture him (after hes awakened) I dont few it as a slap in the face but Expanding the universe giving them so many options. We no nothing of what happens from the movies inbetween the cryo and Fury. and even then we learn nothing on Fury... and resurrection is 200 years later. (at which time the US military is dicking around with an alien queen after fighting the company *Aliens:CM* for doing the same.)

Bringing hicks back gives them a familiar face to push the series( games) forward. And one of the DLCs could explain. Hicks said he was awaken by the ship do to Whaylen PMC's boarding it. But also said that the body that was believed his was a longer story. (which we might get to see.. but with the lenghts the company has proven it will go switching bodies is not out of the question even for newt)

I have really only played 2 multiplayer matches.. and i love this game.. Looking forward to playing the MP now (halo 4 just released a new map pack too)

Have all challenges done in the 1st 2 teirs.

Now as far as this story not being intense or scary enough i can agree on that. Just like Aliens wasnt as scary as Alien. Because you have a squad of marines at your back weather playing solo or Co-op online. to truely kick up the Intensity there should have been several levels you were entirely alone fighting aliens in dark hallways. (if they went that route it would have made the campaign more fun.) *They did do a good job with the lighting in my opinion. And the world looks dark and gritty but thats they way this world should look imo*

AvP campaign was short and mainly used the same 6 maps over and over. But the marines is almost impossible on Nightmare. nothing says intense like no check points and a die and restart from the beginning of the level.
Well, I mean, they even ask him about the plot hole and he basically ignores it. You can't do that in a game, it takes you out completely. The character developments were bad. I mean, they had almost no personalities in your group. 3 guys and 2 girls. That was basically it.

The multiplayer is easily the best part of the game play. This game had SO MUCH potential, but they didn't go through with it.

See, I loved the Raven chapter. No gun, just hands, and an alien after me that I can do nothing about. THAT was good. Along with the hybrid aliens that detect you if you move. That's creepy. But everything else is just, blah.

I mean, 3 levels are dedicated to just fighting humans. And they start you off like that. They could have developed that story better.

Lighting was pretty good, music and sound effects were amazing. And that makes me angry. Because this game had SO MUCH potential, it was being worked on for 6? years, and this is what we get.

I loved the movies and even the games, but this, this is just bad.

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel:

Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, I mean, they even ask him about the plot hole and he basically ignores it. You can't do that in a game, it takes you out completely. The character developments were bad. I mean, they had almost no personalities in your group. 3 guys and 2 girls. That was basically it.

The multiplayer is easily the best part of the game play. This game had SO MUCH potential, but they didn't go through with it.

See, I loved the Raven chapter. No gun, just hands, and an alien after me that I can do nothing about. THAT was good. Along with the hybrid aliens that detect you if you move. That's creepy. But everything else is just, blah.

I mean, 3 levels are dedicated to just fighting humans. And they start you off like that. They could have developed that story better.

Lighting was pretty good, music and sound effects were amazing. And that makes me angry. Because this game had SO MUCH potential, it was being worked on for 6? years, and this is what we get.

I loved the movies and even the games, but this, this is just bad.
Yeah orginially it was gonna be released around the time of AvP... but when a game goes thru a long development like this one it will take a few hits as you have different teams working on different things. There are a few things i though could have definately been better. And like i said to get that true aliens feel you almost need to be alone in a hopeless situation (Raven)...

Marines dont have personalities lol.

The human enemies werent so bad and at times a lot tougher than the aliens. (it makes sense whalyen would have private military contractors.)

Heres where to see the Good even if you hated the game. Gearbox has stated Aliens will be one of there major 4 IPs going forward. So this game was just a stepping stone for them... And theres lots to do and explore nearly 200+ years of history we dont know.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 03-01-2013, 04:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Well possibly good news....... Depending on your love for the franchise.

Sega is the one that owns the rights to the Aliens IP not GearBox.

they have another team developing a new Gen Alien/aliens game. Not much info on it now but what i was able to read the goal is to making a movie like experience... But it most likely wont follow the current story lines just be in the Aliens universe.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 03-08-2013, 11:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Patch was released yesterday that fixes almost all of the issues that have received complaints as far as game play and mechanics go.

so no more glitching aliens etc.

The graphics stay the same but they were done in the gritty style of the movie

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Bug Hunt DLC is suppose to release today.

Its 30 waves of alien survival each waive more difficult than the last.

Starting in a small area of one of three maps you branch out purchase upgrades and sentry turrets and smart guns etc...

Should be great fun.. Aliens should make a great Horde experience.

Cannot find Achievements or offical trailer yet will post if i do.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 03-19-2013, 03:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3263

Quote:
Bug Hunt DLC is suppose to release today.

Its 30 waves of alien survival each waive more difficult than the last.

Starting in a small area of one of three maps you branch out purchase upgrades and sentry turrets and smart guns etc...

Should be great fun.. Aliens should make a great Horde experience.

Cannot find Achievements or offical trailer yet will post if i do.
I forgot that was today...maybe I will try it out since I get it for free because buying games from Walmart is seriously way better than Gamestop...it's not even close.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
I forgot that was today...maybe I will try it out since I get it for free because buying games from Walmart is seriously way better than Gamestop...it's not even close.
I notice walmart giving away a lot of free stuff to try and win over the gaming crowd.

It didnt appeal to me once i learned of the season pass and 4 DLCs i knew i was getting them all..

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

New patched released today to fix some more issues for both Xbox and PS3....

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7695

I finally beat it(I was so disappointed after the first level that I stopped playing). The story gets better but I still stand by that visually it looks like it belongs on ps2 I played it on hard and it still was relatively easy.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi