Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7868
Default Re: Sims or Peko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
It seems like Sims plays the run better though?

I dunno. I mean, the DLine was noticeably worse when Sims wasn't available. I don't think we've ever seen them without Peko available though.
I attribute this to having to rotate in rookies and just not rotating in as much in general.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 22228

Peko due to Sims injuries. However I dont see Peko as a great dlinemen but a decent starter that at times can get blown off the los.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7868

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Really not even a question. The guy that is starting ......Peko.

Have never seen players as underappreciated for what they bring to a team as with the Bengals and their fans.
Peko is the new Justin Smith.

Fanbase is looking past him yet if he left and had more of the same somewhere else or in a larger market then people would want him back.

Peko is the perfect compliment to Geno.

OHHHHHHHH DAT HAIRRRRRRRRRRR (For Bfine)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Peko is a better starter.
Sims is a fine rotational body at NT.
This
Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968Bengal View Post
Sims is dominate when healthy not even close
lawl, no.

I posted the numbers per snap last year; Peko is even a better pass rusher.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 02-23-2013, 03:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1544

never understood why people on the boards underappreciate peko so much. he is such a consistent and durable body. remember how bad we were in 2009 when he got injured?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 796

Peko.

I would say Peko even if Sims was better. I still haven't forgiven Fat Pat for the Saints game back in '10 where he jumped offsides on 4th and 2...

Seriously, why all the Peko hate? He does a good job, Zimmer has called him the best NT (1 tech, shade whatever you want to call him) he's ever been around. Enough for me.

Describing my feelings on being a Bengal's fan.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
lawl, no.

I posted the numbers per snap last year; Peko is even a better pass rusher.
I was only joking but Peko is an awful pass rusher. Sims is much quicker off the snap and a much better pass rusher. I'm a huge Peko fan, he should be the starter as he is the better player
Old 02-23-2013, 06:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968Bengal View Post
I was only joking but Peko is an awful pass rusher. Sims is much quicker off the snap and a much better pass rusher. I'm a huge Peko fan, he should be the starter as he is the better player
See, that's the thing; they both are awful at pass rushing, but Peko IS better; more hurries per snap last year and this year is proof.

CHILD PLEASE
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
See, that's the thing; they both are awful at pass rushing, but Peko IS better; more hurries per snap last year and this year is proof.
And Peko isn't a pass-rushing DT either. He's a big body that attacks runners and is out there more than most D-lineman on this team (I dunno if him or Atkins are out there more). Peko also is a good leader, always hustles to the ball, and although he may not be the best DT we have, he's still a good one.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20066

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
And Peko isn't a pass-rushing DT either. He's a big body that attacks runners and is out there more than most D-lineman on this team (I dunno if him or Atkins are out there more). Peko also is a good leader, always hustles to the ball, and although he may not be the best DT we have, he's still a good one.
Exactly, and his main job is to occupy blockers and get a push, which he does very well.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4383

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
IMO a healthy fresh Sims is better than a healthy fresh Peko. But the most crucial thing is letting the big boys catch their breath so the rotation is great for those two. I love the option of being able to send out both in short yardage situations.

I really like Thompson and Still. But it seems to me this free agent DT class is loaded and that helps us out. If we can get Sims back at a friendly price I think it is a no brainer.
I disagree on your assesment of Sims over Peko, but you were the first one to mention Still and Thompson. I could easily see those two as the new rotational Peko and Sims. Thompson is the bigger bodied run-stuffer and Still is the better pass rushing penetrator. I think with a year under their belt as kind of a red-shirt season with a little playing experience and a lot of time in the weight room, these two will be spending more time on the field.

Peko is a great leader and motivator, but if he is going to expect big dollars, he would be way back in line behind MJ, Geno, and Dunlap. I like the guy, but you aren't going to be able to sign and/or extend everyone.

Although he got little playing time, I still think Thompson was a steal and will begin to demonstrate his abilities this season.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
I disagree on your assesment of Sims over Peko, but you were the first one to mention Still and Thompson. I could easily see those two as the new rotational Peko and Sims. Thompson is the bigger bodied run-stuffer and Still is the better pass rushing penetrator. I think with a year under their belt as kind of a red-shirt season with a little playing experience and a lot of time in the weight room, these two will be spending more time on the field.

Peko is a great leader and motivator, but if he is going to expect big dollars, he would be way back in line behind MJ, Geno, and Dunlap. I like the guy, but you aren't going to be able to sign and/or extend everyone.

Although he got little playing time, I still think Thompson was a steal and will begin to demonstrate his abilities this season.
I suppose we'll worry about whether or not to extend Peko in 2015: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnat...s/domata-peko/
He's the 3rd highest paid player on the Bengals, & the 22nd highest paid player in the AFC North. Is there anything you would rather see the team do w/ his $5.1 million cap hit??

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 02-24-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post

See now, they can't be; one's a UT like Geno, the other is a NT like Peko/Sims.

Still should make it so that we don't have guys sliding in anymore, further helping our rotation.

Thompson is just a replacement for Sims. Has much more potential.

As well, Peko is under contract for another 3 years I think, so no worry about his contract.

CHILD PLEASE
Old 02-24-2013, 01:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4231

I don't think most people understand Pekos role in the defense so thats why he takes so much ****.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3854

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
I don't think most people understand Pekos role in the defense so thats why he takes so much ****.
In most people's mind if he doesnt get sacks hes worthless.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
Who do you think would be the better starter?

I personaly think Sims would but has not proven healthy all the time.

sims hands down all day.

however health issues as you pointed out are a problem,,,both healthy ,,,sims all day.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Peko disrupts the center of the line and occupies blockers, which is what we need from our every down DT (more of a NT).

Sims is a good rotational guy to change it up, but Peko does the above job well and also makes plays.

He's the perfect guy to play the weakside opposite of Geno because he occupies blockers that would otherwise be on backers or sliding to Geno, in which case he gets a push into the backfield or makes a play on a back.

peko gets almost zero push,,,sims does.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
No way you can say youd think SIms is better. Only way you can say that is because your just bored with Peko.......Just like finding a new woman. You old girl is a solid amazing girl and put her on any team she will start. Buit youve had her for so long ANYTHING new gets you excited. Sims isnt better than Peko, im sure if he was he wouldve started eventually

yeah you mean like geno and dunlap?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really not even a question. The guy that is starting ......Peko.

Have never seen players as underappreciated for what they bring to a team as with the Bengals and their fans.

hmm yeah lets keep starting geathers while we at it over dunlap and johnson who are clearly better,,,but yeah us "bengal fans"
Old 02-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Could not agree more. It is as if many do not understand the rotation. A guy comes in 10 times a game and makes 3 plays and people start talking of how he is the better player because of this ratio or that ratio.

Glad to see people get it. Zimmer is putting rotational players in positions of success. When he does this it is because they are expected to produce in the situation. Zimmer also has players starting and taking the majority of the snaps for a reason.

I do agree,,,but watch the games/tape,,,,sims gets more push, disrupts the line more,,peko does not do that hardly at all,,hes just takes up space thats it.

Sims wont rack up a bunch of sacks,,,doesnt need too,,but he gets the push,,he disrupts the line,,and with geno/dunlap/MJ around him that spells disaster for an o line.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
In most people's mind if he doesnt get sacks hes worthless.

has nothing to do with that, we dont "need" him to get sacks we got 3 others on the line that can rack up 10 or more sacks a season.

The point is he rarely gets much push/disruption on the line, he just gets pushed back or takes up space,,,seriously watch the tape.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25926
bengals Re: Sims or Peko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
I do agree,,,but watch the games/tape,,,,sims gets more push, disrupts the line more,,peko does not do that hardly at all,,hes just takes up space thats it.

Sims wont rack up a bunch of sacks,,,doesnt need too,,but he gets the push,,he disrupts the line,,and with geno/dunlap/MJ around him that spells disaster for an o line.
What is so hard to understand? He comes in a game fresh for two plays then goes back to the bench. He damn well better get some push. He is being put in a position of success by Zimmer.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25926
bengals Re: Sims or Peko

Quote:
hmm yeah lets keep starting geathers while we at it over dunlap and johnson who are clearly better,,,but yeah us "bengal fans"
Lord have mercy. Please understand the team and positions before posting. Why are you bringing up MJ? MJ plays RDE and is the starter and takes more snaps than probably anyone on the line.

Geathers and Dunlap play LDE. Geathers takes more snaps because he stays healthy and Zimmer can depend on him. If you want to see Dunlap take more snaps then I suggest giving him a call and speak to him about the virtues of being able to be counted on.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
sims hands down all day.

however health issues as you pointed out are a problem,,,both healthy ,,,sims all day.
Cool.

You're ignorant. Period.

Peko does more per snap. Is healthier. Is a team leader. Is double teamed half of every game.

All facts. Haters are a waste of space.

Shut up.

CHILD PLEASE