Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Houston Bengal Houston Bengal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 122
Rep Points: 55
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadHazard View Post
Im way more concerned about Grudens game plans than Dalton! Once Gruden seen Gresham wasn't/couldn't catch the ball he had nothing else! Our Offense looked like it had no direction at all, BJGE was getting some good runs and all he did was try to pass the ball to everyone BUT Green.
Don't get me wrong! I like AD and I hope he's our QB for a long time! Plus he's a Texas boy that i've known him personally since his HS days in Katy, Texas! Fine young man and a LEADER!

His problem is Arm Strength! In today's NFL ARM Strength is key to a big time winning OB! If a QB can't challenged the Deep Half your CB's and S's will compact and make the hash lines in tighter! This makes the field shorter with smaller passing windows!

CB's will wait for the OUT PATTERN and take it to the house for TD's!

THE DOCTOR!!!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Houston Bengal Houston Bengal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 122
Rep Points: 55
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadHazard View Post
Im way more concerned about Grudens game plans than Dalton! Once Gruden seen Gresham wasn't/couldn't catch the ball he had nothing else! Our Offense looked like it had no direction at all, BJGE was getting some good runs and all he did was try to pass the ball to everyone BUT Green.
The BEST QB by far in this draft is EJ MANUEL, FSU!

THE DOCTOR!!!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:46 PM
TheLeonardLeap's Avatar
TheLeonardLeap TheLeonardLeap is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,533
Rep Points: 8213
bengals Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Interesting, because Geno Smith just said on NFL Network that the Bengals were among the 11 teams he got interviewed by at the Combine. Eisen/Mayock just went into a little discussion wondering why the Bengals would meet with him.
__________________
10 Years of Head Coaching has accumulated to one nugget of pure knowledge: "Losing is bad." 10 more years of Marvin!

0-5 Postseason, 6-19 Prime Time, 93-91-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
- - - - -

"Why hello there Antonio..."
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 PM
BengalsRocker's Avatar
BengalsRocker BengalsRocker is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,371
Rep Points: 10370
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Bengal View Post
Any QB who doesn't throw one ball to his PLAY MAKER UNTIL THE middle of the 3rdQ in a Playoff Game there are QUESTIONS! Andy Dalton is who he is! We can Win with Andy but I question his DEEP BALL and POCKET PRESENCE! His DEEP ball has shown no improvement in 2yrs.

I coached QB's in HS and Lower level college and what I've found the Deep Ball is easy to complete but you must have a STRONG ARM to put it in the bucket!! AJ bails out ANDY! AD under throws too many balls! ANDY needs players to help him out!

I want a QB who can WIN GAMES at his position with his ARM!

THE DOCTOR!!!
So which alter ego are you today? Jack1953? The Doctor? CinciRe?

You seem to be the same person minus a few I've probably missed.

Nice smiley face BY THE WAY!!!. He loves these > !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKn8RlD7Is
__________________
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"

Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM
junglester's Avatar
junglester junglester is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,059
Rep Points: 938
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Maybe draft a future backup QB and develop him to come in a game when necessary.
__________________


I've been thinking. The Bengals need to win.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM
DennyG2's Avatar
DennyG2 DennyG2 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PBS
Posts: 26,530
Rep Points: 252754
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

the fans calling for someone other than Dalton to lead the Bengals at QB in 2013, simply do not know and understand football. It is that simple folks...
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyG2 View Post
the fans calling for someone other than Dalton to lead the Bengals at QB in 2013, simply do not know and understand football. It is that simple folks...
Sorry Denny, I can't agree with this, I'm not saying Dalton won't someday have all the tools, but as of now, saying someone doesn't know football, just because they don't agree with you, and the majority of this board is just not true, I have seen some players that this board was all in love with, and they are either out of football, or buried on some other teams depth chart, if you don't agree with someone, O.K., but to say they don't know football, is just not something that should come out of the mouth of a board mod.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM
BoomerFan's Avatar
BoomerFan BoomerFan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,069
Rep Points: 5969
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyG2 View Post
the fans calling for someone other than Dalton to lead the Bengals at QB in 2013, simply do not know and understand football. It is that simple folks...
Couldn't agree more. I guess fans are just a hard to please lot. I mean, everyone said Joe Flacco wasn't a good QB and yet he broke out in the playoffs this year (not just in the SB but also that Denver playoff game -- crazy turnaround).

If you're trying to get more wins as a football team, you fix the things that are broken and let the ones that aren't broken grow and progress. Improve the Oline, WR corp, and LBs and this team will soar. The only other thing fans need is a little patience.
__________________
Andy Dalton is a Drew Brees kind of quarterback. He has the two qualities every quarterback has to have. Hes accurate when he has time, and hes smart. - Sam Wyche
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 PM
gardner30's Avatar
gardner30 gardner30 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,901
Rep Points: 4231
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyG2 View Post
the fans calling for someone other than Dalton to lead the Bengals at QB in 2013, simply do not know and understand football. It is that simple folks...
There shouldn't be a question of who is going to play QB for the Bengals in 2013.

The Bengals aren't giving up on Dalton after his 2nd year.

However, the fans of this board aren't the only ones unsure if Dalton can lead the Bengals to a playoff win.

National writers from all over the country are wondering if Dalton has what it takes to push this team to the next level.

I suppose none of them understand football?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
momadance02's Avatar
momadance02 momadance02 is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 7,866
Rep Points: 8433
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
There shouldn't be a question of who is going to play QB for the Bengals in 2013.

The Bengals aren't giving up on Dalton after his 2nd year.

However, the fans of this board aren't the only ones unsure if Dalton can lead the Bengals to a playoff win.

National writers from all over the country are wondering if Dalton has what it takes to push this team to the next level.

I suppose none of them understand football?

National Writers!

No way they all just follow each others stories and run with whatever they can find to cause a stir.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,396
Rep Points: 73607
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
National Writers!

No way they all just follow each others stories and run with whatever they can find to cause a stir.
If they wanted to cause a stir, wouldn't they write very different things than their comrades?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Derrick Derrick is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,620
Rep Points: 1954
Default Re: Marvin Lewis speaks at Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
No story here at all.
Reedy titled his piece "Highlights of Marvin Lewis at Combine" or something like that. Personally I saw/heard nothing resembling a Highlight.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Marvin Lewis speaks at Combine

From what I heard, Marvin said only one position, wasn't a competition, and we all know who that is, but I agree Andy will be the starter, but there is no reason to belittle other posters for having a different opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:13 PM
BengalBuckeye BengalBuckeye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
We need better QB play, we need better WR play, we need better TE play, we need better RB play, we need better oline play .....it is not just QB improvement here. When plays breakdown we need receivers playing much better without the ball. When Gresham is hit dead on his hands he needs to catch the ball.

Always talk of overthrows but not much talk of receivers not catching balls they OBVIOUSLY should have caught. It is absolutely a two way street. Yet many only see it as Dalton.
OK lets see how Dalton over throws a 10 yard td pass to Green in the endzone by a ton and then in the playoff game he over threw him by 10 yards on the deep route that would have ended the game. I watched the combine when Mayock was watching the film of Geno Smith and his bad passes on deep routes and he said in the NFL you can't miss deep throws when the receiver is wide open but Dalton sure does in fact he misses 10 yard td passes to receivers who are wide open. I like Dalton and am sticking with him but he needs to improve especially on the deep balls. I think it's funny that the best deep throw of the season for us was made by Sanu and not Dalton.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:17 PM
BengalBuckeye BengalBuckeye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
There shouldn't be a question of who is going to play QB for the Bengals in 2013.

The Bengals aren't giving up on Dalton after his 2nd year.

However, the fans of this board aren't the only ones unsure if Dalton can lead the Bengals to a playoff win.

National writers from all over the country are wondering if Dalton has what it takes to push this team to the next level.

I suppose none of them understand football?
The problem is that when we get into the playoffs our whole team doesn't play well. The OL was crap the DL gave up 100+ yards on the ground and the DL couldn't get pressure on Schaub. The receivers couldn't get open on a regular basis and dropped passes. It's like a different team when we make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Anderson_fan1988's Avatar
Anderson_fan1988 Anderson_fan1988 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Centerville, OH
Posts: 313
Rep Points: 440
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
OK lets see how Dalton over throws a 10 yard td pass to Green in the endzone by a ton and then in the playoff game he over threw him by 10 yards on the deep route that would have ended the game. I watched the combine when Mayock was watching the film of Geno Smith and his bad passes on deep routes and he said in the NFL you can't miss deep throws when the receiver is wide open but Dalton sure does in fact he misses 10 yard td passes to receivers who are wide open. I like Dalton and am sticking with him but he needs to improve especially on the deep balls. I think it's funny that the best deep throw of the season for us was made by Sanu and not Dalton.
Yeah thats why he threw 27 tds
__________________
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is my favorite team in the NFL
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 AM
spazz70's Avatar
spazz70 spazz70 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio
Posts: 3,112
Rep Points: 5552
Default Re: About Time: Open competition for Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
I agree and so should the bengals... But i would hate to see 4 mil riding the bench when it could be used somewhere else to upgrade the team. and make it a better whole.
Huh...what is the difference?...if Robinson is making 500k and starting and Cook is making 4M and riding the bench then it is still 4.5 M....they are not going to cut Cook if Robinson beats him out...injury back up....needs to be cut before then or it counts against the cap any way....I hate Cook and despised when they let him rotate and then start again after his injury just because he was the starter before...our OL suffered dearly after that
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 48,097
Rep Points: 52800
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson_fan1988 View Post
Yeah thats why he threw 27 tds
That doesn't matter. We need to sign one of those QBs who never misses on a deep pass or throws a single incompletion.

Like, uh.......er,.....well i don't know exactly but he must be out there some where.

People who accept a QB that throws an incomplete pass are just happy with mediocrity.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,369
Rep Points: 35108
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
That doesn't matter. We need to sign one of those QBs who never misses on a deep pass or throws a single incompletion.

Like, uh.......er,.....well i don't know exactly but he must be out there some where.

People who accept a QB that throws an incomplete pass are just happy with mediocrity.
AL bundy once had 4 TD's in a single game....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,369
Rep Points: 35108
Default Re: About Time: Open competition for Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
Huh...what is the difference?...if Robinson is making 500k and starting and Cook is making 4M and riding the bench then it is still 4.5 M....they are not going to cut Cook if Robinson beats him out...injury back up....needs to be cut before then or it counts against the cap any way....I hate Cook and despised when they let him rotate and then start again after his injury just because he was the starter before...our OL suffered dearly after that
No Im not saying theres a difference as far as which on starts on salary... But if robinson beats cook out look for them to Trade or Cut Cook.. before final Roster. Im sure not all his contract is guarenteed so it would reduce the cap hit.

There are a few teams out there that need a Center... GreenBay and Baltimore come to mind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,507
Rep Points: 20610
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
The problem is that when we get into the playoffs our whole team doesn't play well. The OL was crap the DL gave up 100+ yards on the ground and the DL couldn't get pressure on Schaub. The receivers couldn't get open on a regular basis and dropped passes. It's like a different team when we make the playoffs.
Out-schemed is the term you're looking for.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM
kevin kevin is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 6,224
Rep Points: 7550
Default Re: Marvin Lewis, " We aren't looking for a new starting QB ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Couldn't agree more. I guess fans are just a hard to please lot. I mean, everyone said Joe Flacco wasn't a good QB and yet he broke out in the playoffs this year (not just in the SB but also that Denver playoff game -- crazy turnaround).

If you're trying to get more wins as a football team, you fix the things that are broken and let the ones that aren't broken grow and progress. Improve the Oline, WR corp, and LBs and this team will soar. The only other thing fans need is a little patience.
.....I was doing the Joe Namath Super Bowl 3 smack talk before our game with Dallas as I read all the Romo hype by Cowboy trolls on here, and I said we had faced 5 or 6 better QBs than Romo this year....and I mentioned, Flacco as well as Big Ben, Rivers, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, RG3, maybe even Carson Palmer....needless to say the Cowboy trools went ape over this.....and Cowboy and Bengal fans laughed at me saying Flacco is a good QB.....Now the Boys pulled that game out on a last second field goal to win by 1 point, so I didn't get the last laugh on that game. .....but I think it's safe to say that Flacco had a very good year.

So the point is Bengal Board people have put down Flacco and Dalton and all Flacco did was win the Super Bowl and all Dalton has done is be only the second Bengals QB to take the Bengals to back to back play-offs....Carson never did it, Cook never did it, Kitna never did it, Klingler never did it, Akili Smith never did it, Stoffa never did it, Virgil Carter never did it, Blake never did it, Boomer Esiason never did it......only Ken Anderson and Andy Dalton have taken Bengals to back to back play-off seasons. In Daltons two seasons we have had two play-off seasons and certainly not with powerhouse teams because most fans on here said we would go 0-16 to 4-12 in 2011 without Ocho, TO and Carson....but it is a good young team and Dalton is part of that youth. The king is dead, long live the king. Out with the old, in with the new....2005 is in the rear view mirrow...Dalton is a huge part of this good young team.

We do need WRs to get the double team off of AJ Green because Houston was able to blanket him because of our lack of quality WRs...not because Green and Dalton are no good, no, thats not why we lost.....We need to draft quality WRs and if we don't, then I hope some of you are right and Sanu and Jones can step up....Please don't mention Binns, Tate or Hawkins as quality WRs and then put down a good QB like Dalton. ....The fact is that good defenses bottle Green up because they do not fear our other WRs, and our other WRs have not shown the ability to make big plays on a consistent basis....Dalton to Green is not enough to win play-off games, we are going to need power passing weapons....Either in the draft or Sanu and Jones living up to the hype.....The AFC North has too many tough defenses and if we don't have enough offensive weapons, we will lose, and I will not lay off season player moves on our young quarterback Dalton. He is indeed going to need more than Green who is double and triple teamed.
__________________
Bengalfan1968

Last edited by kevin; 02-27-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM
BengalYankee's Avatar
BengalYankee BengalYankee is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,364
Rep Points: 18752
Default Re: Marvin Lewis speaks at Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
I'm watching sportscenter on ESPN and Marvin is about to be speaking at the combine just giving you all a heads up !

**Edit**

He's speaking now



















































__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.