Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 10-14-2012, 05:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834
Default Once again, outcoached!

No second half adjustment from Gruden or Zimmer--again.

Completely schooled by a winless team.

Gruden ain't got it. Zimmer has lost it. And Marvin Lewis has had it. They're all done.

It's effectively guaranteed at this point. No post season this year. No winning record this year. We'll be lucky to get 7 wins.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1776
Default Re: Once again, outcoached!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
No second half adjustment from Gruden or Zimmer--again.

Completely schooled by a winless team.

Gruden ain't got it. Zimmer has lost it. And Marvin Lewis has had it. They're all done.

It's effectively guaranteed at this point. No post season this year. No winning record this year. We'll be lucky to get 7 wins.
In what way was Marvin out coached?
Old 10-14-2012, 05:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Droppings View Post
In what way was Marvin out coached?
He was the idiot who stepped in and started calling the plays on offense.

The D held them to 7, 3 and outs, but wore down, because the offense went to sleep. They do it every time Marvin Lewis steps in and calls the same plays. It always ends up the same way, run, run pass, punt.

Marvin Lewis is the biggest problem with the coaching side of the Bengals.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 10-14-2012, 06:07 PM

Rep Points: 60

If you can guess what the next play is exactly going to be and your right 100% You know marvin's calling play's. Done it plenty of times.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 35
bengals Re: Once again, outcoached!

Please oh please...I hope A.J. gets out of Cincy before he gets the fever!!! A great young player with a great attitude...please don't allow him to get the cincy Bengals unachiever fever!!!

This organization has killed more talent and more promising careers than the Cubs!!!!

Outcoached is the word, plan and simple...ths team is never prepared as well as the opposite team..when we win it is pure talent, coaching has proven over and over and over, no-mid game adjustments, no half time adjustments, no put the other team away instinct....

say it coach...you are getting spanked because the opposite coaches are doing their homework and you have not figured that out yet....

Playoffs for this team...the NFL did us no favors with the schedule and the organization does us no favor with retaining Mr. Lewis...what is it about Cincy teams and coaches/managers...sheez...
Old 10-14-2012, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
He was the idiot who stepped in and started calling the plays on offense.

The D held them to 7, 3 and outs, but wore down, because the offense went to sleep. They do it every time Marvin Lewis steps in and calls the same plays. It always ends up the same way, run, run pass, punt.

Marvin Lewis is the biggest problem with the coaching side of the Bengals.
I said in 2010 that Marvin was the source of Run, Run, Pass, Punt. Not Bob Bratkowski.

Lets face it. Marvin may have been a good, perhaps great defensive coach/coordinator, but he has never been an offensive genius and he thinks he is. He is out of his element.

The running game is disasterous. Leonard is now hurt, leaving us with two running backs, one who is only capable near the goal line for a yard or two. BJGE will be the starter throughout the season because the Bengals went out to replace Benson and their pride will not admit they made a mistake. This team desperately needs someone with outside speed, so the running plays are not limited to between the tackles. Also, we need a back that we can feature on screens and act as a default outlet for Dalton, when the primary receivers are covered.

Most importantly we need to quit the situation substitution on offense that Marvin is known for as then personnel makes your play calling obvious ahead of time. Marvin may actually realize some of this, but there may be 'outside' limits on what he is allowed to do.

Last edited by voyager6; 10-14-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7043

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager6;2645777[b
]I said in 2010 that Marvin was the source of Run, Run, Pass, Punt. Not Bob Bratkowski.[/b]

Lets face it. Marvin may have been a good, perhaps great defensive coach/coordinator, but he has never been an offensive genius and he thinks he is. He is out of his element.

The running game is disasterous. Leonard is now hurt, leaving us with two running backs, one who is only capable near the goal line for a yard or two. BJGE will be the starter throughout the season because the Bengals went out to replace Benson and their pride will not admit they made a mistake. This team desperately needs someone with outside speed, so the running plays are not limited to between the tackles. Also, we need a back that we can feature on screens and act as a default outlet for Dalton, when the primary receivers are covered.

Most importantly we need to quit the situation substitution on offense that Marvin is known for as then personnel makes your play calling obvious ahead of time. Marvin may actually realize some of this, but there may be 'outside' limits on what he is allowed to do.
I actually remember that... and I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to you and eat some crow.

I desperately wanted Brat gone more than anything else, but looking back now it's all but obvious Marvin is to blame. Brat was just the scapegoat. It should have been obvious to everyone after watching Hard Knocks where Marvin flatout told Brat what types of plays to run in one episode... and after Carson said Brat was not the reason he wanted out of Cincinnati.

Now, I wish I could apologize to Brat himself. He was the same man who had complete control of our potent offense back from 2005-2007. Marvin decided to "blow it all up" before 2008 and look what happened... he blew it sky freakin' high.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 27554

Outcoached, outplayed, outclassed, and outscored.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12776

And it will probably continue to happen for at least a couple more years.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
And it will probably continue to happen for at least a couple more years.

At this rate, the Bengals will lose out to go 3-13, the Browns will win out to finish 11-5, and the earth will spin off its axis.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post

At this rate, the Bengals will lose out to go 3-13, the Browns will win out to finish 11-5, and the earth will spin off its axis.
Haha! I would not be shocked if it turned out that way.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Bring back Sam Wyche.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Shurmer made Marvin his Bit**
Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Bring back Sam Wyche.
I'd be for it!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
I actually remember that... and I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to you and eat some crow.

I desperately wanted Brat gone more than anything else, but looking back now it's all but obvious Marvin is to blame. Brat was just the scapegoat. It should have been obvious to everyone after watching Hard Knocks where Marvin flatout told Brat what types of plays to run in one episode... and after Carson said Brat was not the reason he wanted out of Cincinnati.

Now, I wish I could apologize to Brat himself. He was the same man who had complete control of our potent offense back from 2005-2007. Marvin decided to "blow it all up" before 2008 and look what happened... he blew it sky freakin' high.
I think Brat's "success" in Jacksonville this season has shown that he wasn't very good. He did get stumped by the Bengals a few weeks ago, and we don't seem to stump anybody.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7043

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
I think Brat's "success" in Jacksonville this season has shown that he wasn't very good. He did get stumped by the Bengals a few weeks ago, and we don't seem to stump anybody.
Blaine Gabbert... Carson Palmer before the elbow injury.

That's a big difference... but really who knows? Brat may have just lost his touch... but I'm sure coaching under Marvin Lewis' interfering dumb*** isn't exactly a cakewalk.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 AM

Rep Points: 15

Quote:
Outcoached, outplayed, outclassed, and outscored.
It like the slogan for Loser Survivor
Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinWhoDey View Post
It like the slogan for Loser Survivor
Let me be the first to rep you!!

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

You bengal fans are just terrible at how fast you jump ship on any coordinator/coach.

Take a look at the most sucessful teams in the league; They all have one thing in common; Continuity in management/coaches.

Quit drinking the kool-aid so hard, you have a sophomore QB and you expect playoffs to be a given? Are you kidding me?

The bengals will be good in 1-2 years. But you're ready to fire the entire coaching staff. Hey, here's a tip; Fire that entire coaching staff and instead of 1-2 years, you're looking at 5-6 years.

Get a grasp on reality please.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
You bengal fans are just terrible at how fast you jump ship on any coordinator/coach.

Take a look at the most sucessful teams in the league; They all have one thing in common; Continuity in management/coaches.

Quit drinking the kool-aid so hard, you have a sophomore QB and you expect playoffs to be a given? Are you kidding me?

The bengals will be good in 1-2 years. But you're ready to fire the entire coaching staff. Hey, here's a tip; Fire that entire coaching staff and instead of 1-2 years, you're looking at 5-6 years.

Get a grasp on reality please.
Tell you what..we'll trade you Marvin Lewis for Mike Tomlin tonight tough guy.... Deal..... Whats that? No? Thought so.......

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!

Last edited by BengaliJack; 10-24-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:10 AM

Rep Points: 0

You can do that pretty good as a fan.