Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1446
Default How they view us viewing ourselves

Here's a link to a thread on the Bronco's message board. They seem incredulous as to how Bengals fans perceive their team on these boards. Not trying to stir up a homers/haters war so please don't go there. I just find it interesting that the negativity on these boards towards our own team is so obvious to anyone looking in from the outside. Don't get me wrong; I'm not delusional as to the teams shortcomings and I don't mind lively discussion for or against it. I'm just getting really tired of the constant negativity towards a team we all chose to be fans of. In any event, I thought their thread was interesting reading.

denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?216946-Bengals-forum-They-do-NOT-seem-confident-!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8736
Default Re: How they view us viewing ourselves

There's no delusion about it, we flat out stink...
Old 10-30-2012, 02:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10838

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie View Post
Here's a link to a thread on the Bronco's message board. They seem incredulous as to how Bengals fans perceive their team on these boards. Not trying to stir up a homers/haters war so please don't go there. I just find it interesting that the negativity on these boards towards our own team is so obvious to anyone looking in from the outside. Don't get me wrong; I'm not delusional as to the teams shortcomings and I don't mind lively discussion for or against it. I'm just getting really tired of the constant negativity towards a team we all chose to be fans of. In any event, I thought their thread was interesting reading.

denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?216946-Bengals-forum-They-do-NOT-seem-confident-!
constant losing breeds the constant negativity.......
Old 10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10554

Quote:

"They're front four is good against the run, but if memory serves me correctly, they aren't the best at pressuring the QB."

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 10-30-2012, 02:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7035

With all due respect to Broncos fans... they have absolutely NO IDEA what it's like to follow Mike Brown's/Marvin Lewis' Bengals...

Some of them actually think coming off a BYE should help us

Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44878

Nice, now it's not just the team that's the laughing stock of the NFL, but us fans as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:37 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44787

Quote:

Let's see their fanbase after 20+ years of mediocrity. Then we'll talk about being "negative."

They've had a total of 5 losing seasons since John Elway was drafted back in 1983. No wonder it's easy to not be negative. Must be so hard to be them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Nice, now it's not just the team that's the laughing stock of the NFL, but us fans as well.
people love to blame the victims. Same BS that happened when people said Bengal fans should demand more from the FO... so games started blacking out and cancelling their season tickets, but then it was just people being unsupportive fans. Wtf? Finally boycott with the one vote fans get... dollars, and they are unsupportive for it? F that.

Last edited by Danno; 10-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32199

Quote:

Homers > Haters... Let the WAR BEGIN!!!!!!!

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
With all due respect to Broncos fans... they have absolutely NO IDEA what it's like to follow Mike Brown's/Marvin Lewis' Bengals...

Some of them actually think coming off a BYE should help us

Have we won a game after a bye week under marvin? i have to think we have at least 2 wins in his 10 years.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7124
bengals Re: How they view us viewing ourselves

"Cincy fans are hurt right now overall...the Reds loss to the Giants still stings UC was undefeated then somehow lost to Toledo, and the Bengals have lost 3 in a row, one of which was to the Browns. Bengals fans HATE losing to the Browns.

So yeah the psyche of the town related to the sports teams is fragile right now. Perfect time to come in and make it even worse!"

Wow, it's like this guy can peer into my soul and know exactly how I feel.

I have to say though, I only looked over a little bit of the forums, but it seems like the Denver forums are a MUCH nicer place than the Jacksonville forums were as far as the posters go. Glad to see they're not all like Jacksonville.

*Edit* Oh, the guy who said that has a Joey Votto MVP sig on those forums. He must be a cool dude then.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Idk.... they been making fun of the team for a long time.

Either they view us fans as idiots for following the bengals. (bandwagoners)

Or Dedicated for Still following the bengals. (real fans)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 10-30-2012, 02:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7035

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Have we won a game after a bye week under marvin? i have to think we have at least 2 wins in his 10 years.
I think we won after the BYE last year... and maybe once before that??
Old 10-30-2012, 02:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2801

They are only posting based off of what they read here. And they are 100% correct. After a loss or whenever something negative happens (real or perceived) we get the same, mindless reaction from the same segment of this board.....

-Nothing changed in 22 years blah blah blah
-Insert any negative adjective re MB/ML
-Insert any negative adjective re the board's current target of hate (right now Maualuga)

Denver fans are posting it because they are most likely curious why a team that is still very much in the playoff hunt is getting crapped on by their alleged fans. While this season has been far far from perfect, an outsider would have to wonder if he/she accidentally went to the Panthers or Chiefs boards and not the Bengals given some of the complete garbage that is posted here. It's why, frankly, that the boards has become a shell of what it once was.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14041

Quote:
I must be the only one who doesn't care...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 10-30-2012, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

i think this gm will be close but our defense struggles against teams that has more than 2 wr threats, plus a running gm, and im pretty sure peyton will win the chess match against rey in the audible duel. hopefully lady luck will be on our side sunday, we will need it.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
i think this gm will be close but our defense struggles against teams that has more than 2 wr threats, plus a running gm, and im pretty sure peyton will win the chess match against rey in the audible duel. hopefully lady luck will be on our side sunday, we will need it.
You think Manning will have a chess match with Maualuga??

Old 10-30-2012, 02:50 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
They are only posting based off of what they read here. And they are 100% correct. After a loss or whenever something negative happens (real or perceived) we get the same, mindless reaction from the same segment of this board.....

-Nothing changed in 22 years blah blah blah
-Insert any negative adjective re MB/ML
-Insert any negative adjective re the board's current target of hate (right now Maualuga)

Denver fans are posting it because they are most likely curious why a team that is still very much in the playoff hunt is getting crapped on by their alleged fans. While this season has been far far from perfect, an outsider would have to wonder if he/she accidentally went to the Panthers or Chiefs boards and not the Bengals given some of the complete garbage that is posted here. It's why, frankly, that the boards has become a shell of what it once was.
You're a fool if you don't think this happens on almost any other message board in the NFL, especially if you visit there after a loss.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
You're a fool if you don't think this happens on almost any other message board in the NFL, especially if you visit there after a loss.
It goes beyond that. Way beyond that. If you doubt that I question your ability to read.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79040

losing to pittsburgh the way we did before the bye does not confidence bring.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Let's see their fanbase after 20+ years of mediocrity. Then we'll talk about being "negative."

They've had a total of 5 losing seasons since John Elway was drafted back in 1983. No wonder it's easy to not be negative. Must be so hard to be them.

people love to blame the victims. Same BS that happened when people said Bengal fans should demand more from the FO... so games started blacking out and cancelling their season tickets, but then it was just people being unsupportive fans. Wtf? Finally boycott with the one vote fans get... dollars, and they are unsupportive for it? F that.
You forgot the fact that since 2010, the Bengals are 3-19 against teams with a winning record... and the Bengals are 0-7 against Peyton Manning..

So who do the Bengals play this week? Oh, that's right, Peyton Manning on a team with a winning record. Ouch.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
You think Manning will have a chess match with Maualuga??

Rey Maualuga says:

"Look Ma! No hands! I'm chessing good, right?"

Old 10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 359

I couldn't care less about what Denver fans, or any opposing fans think. But rest assured that our cynicism about the Bengals has NOTHING to do with the Reds or the Bearcats...and has EVERYTHING to do with the current and historic on-field performance of the Bengals.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79040

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
Rey Maualuga says:

"Look Ma! No hands! I'm chessing good, right?"

Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy View Post
constant losing breeds the constant negativity.......
Constant losing?

2011 - 9-7 playoffs
2010 - 4-12
2009 - 10-6 playoffs
2008 - 4-11-1
2007 - 7-9
2006 - 8-8

It isn't constant losing. It is inconsistant winning.

Yet it seems that with inconsistant winning/lsoing, many of this fan base are constantly negative.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39539

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
I think everything that someone could do to demonstrate how not to tackle is covered in this picture.

DAMN, hope a Bronco fan didn't read that. I might appear negative.

Last edited by bfine32; 10-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.