Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 1056
Default Cheerleaders not allowed to wear uniform to class anymore

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...NTPAGECAROUSEL

Read the article...

What are your thoughts here?

It was proposed the other day here that "the s word" had nothing to do with cheerleading. That cheerleading was just for...cheering.

Anyone still buy that?

That must be why the skirts are so short?

Anyone think the Enquirer is milking this fact by making it a "top story?"
Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 56315
Default Re: Cheerleaders not allowed to wear uniform to class anymore

but thats why I went to high school :(
Old 08-27-2008, 09:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

i think it's bull. Reminds me of the southpark where they have the PC Christmas program. I have a friend that has a son in that school and he blamed it on all the new yuppies that recently moved up there from the Cincinnati area.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 20926

I like the irony that it isn't ok for them to wear them to class but it is ok for them to wear to a school sponsored event such as football and basketball games.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17

"One hundred years from my day there will not be a Bible in the earth except one that is looked upon by an antiquarian curiosity seeker." - Voltaire
He certainly was wrong about that.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24788

ok, I have to get this out of the way.

"Thats what I like about high school girls, I keep getting older and they stay the same age... yes they do, yes they do..."
Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 75313

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin28_1962 View Post
I like the irony that it isn't ok for them to wear them to class but it is ok for them to wear to a school sponsored event such as football and basketball games.
That was exactly my first thought. It's a 100% double standard.

The dress code of skirts needing to be no more than 3" above the knee is nothing new - in fact, it's actually lenient compared to most private schools I know about. And it's not like they said they cannot wear the uniforms at all:

Quote:
The cheerleaders were told Thursday that their slit-sided miniskirts would violate the policy, unless the girls wore leggings or long shorts under the skirts.
So this is not just a "school spirit" issue here. Anyone complaining is complaining for vanity/sexual reasons. They can still wear the uniforms.

I'll give you the easiest way to fix this issue, though - make the dang cheerleading skirts longer. There is absolutely no reason they cannot be 4-5" longer than they are. None.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

I just think it is funny that people try to separate cheerleading from that "s" word we're not allowed to say here anymore.

Because it all changes when that's your girl out there.

But make no mistake, cheerleading is what it is, or else they wouldn't require the revealing clothing.

Just another stop down the river of D-Nile...
Old 08-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryllium View Post

I'll give you the easiest way to fix this issue, though - make the dang cheerleading skirts longer. There is absolutely no reason they cannot be 4-5" longer than they are. None.
Yes there is. Its the big elephant in the room, as a matter of fact. "Daddy" never wants to think about it like that though, so you get charades like what is happening in the article.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That was exactly my first thought. It's a 100% double standard.

The dress code of skirts needing to be no more than 3" above the knee is nothing new - in fact, it's actually lenient compared to most private schools I know about. And it's not like they said they cannot wear the uniforms at all:

So this is not just a "school spirit" issue here. Anyone complaining is complaining for vanity/sexual reasons. They can still wear the uniforms.

You're just an old fuddy-duddy :p How can them girls possibly show their sexuality and be popular with longer skirts?

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17

"One hundred years from my day there will not be a Bible in the earth except one that is looked upon by an antiquarian curiosity seeker." - Voltaire
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 94575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubenesah View Post
I just think it is funny that people try to separate cheerleading from that "s" word we're not allowed to say here anymore.

But make no mistake, cheerleading is what it is, or else they wouldn't require the revealing clothing.

So, just because it's revealing that makes it about sex?

Then I guess all those girls doing gymnastics or swimming in Olympics aren't actually competing or doing something they've always wanted to do. It's all about sex. I mean, it has to be about sex, why else are they doing gymnastics or swimming in something other than an ankle-length dress or in business suit and slacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
I'm very stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
That's why I prefer fascism.
Quote:
sigged!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

I 100% disagree with this. There is a whole lot more to cheerleading than sexuality. Cheerleading existed long before revealing outfits became a part of it. Beyond that, many squads compete in gymnastic-like competitions that take a lot of skill and talent. The revealing outfits are a sad side effect of society with women, not an inherent part of cheerleading. Trust me, Notre Dame cheerleaders aren't wearing anything revealing during cold October and November games - and they still are a welcome and traditional part of games.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Yes there is. Its the big elephant in the room, as a matter of fact. "Daddy" never wants to think about it like that though, so you get charades like what is happening in the article.
There is absolutely no VALID reason for it. Only societal reasons that make objects of women.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You're just an old fuddy-duddy :p How can them girls possibly show their sexuality and be popular with longer skirts?

What was I thinking!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I 100% disagree with this. There is a whole lot more to cheerleading than sexuality. Cheerleading existed long before revealing outfits became a part of it. Beyond that, many squads compete in gymnastic-like competitions that take a lot of skill and talent. The revealing outfits are a sad side effect of society with women, not an inherent part of cheerleading. Trust me, Notre Dame cheerleaders aren't wearing anything revealing during cold October and November games - and they still are a welcome and traditional part of games.
are you going to the game to watch football or watch a pep squad?

although I did find myself watching the cheerleaders last Saturday night a bit more than usual since our teams was stinking up the field.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:51 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
are you going to the game to watch football or watch a pep squad?

although I did find myself watching the cheerleaders last Saturday night a bit more than usual since our teams was stinking up the field.
I go to watch the games, of course. But when I was in college, one of my best friends was on the ND's cheerleading squad - and was actually quite famous across campus for his energy and excitement (any girl on campus knew who "psycho cheerleader" was - and he actually ended up being put in the startup video for NCAA Football on the XBox and PS2 - I think it was for NCAA 2006). He definitely (along with the rest of the squad) got the fans into the game even more. That cheerleading squad was a part of the game - regardless of what anyone was wearing.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhos View Post
So, just because it's revealing that makes it about sex?

Then I guess all those girls doing gymnastics or swimming in Olympics aren't actually competing or doing something they've always wanted to do. It's all about sex. I mean, it has to be about sex, why else are they doing gymnastics or swimming in something other than an ankle-length dress or in business suit and slacks.
I'm sorry, Cheerleading is a sport?

Listen to yourself... If you are trying to say that sex and sexuality are not major themes of cheerleading, then I will leave you to the aforementioned river of DNile.

Quote:
Yes there is a whole lot more to cheerleading than sexuality. But its a BIG part of it. And the revealing outfits are both a sad commentary AND an inherent part of it, or else, they wouldn't need to wear the skimpy outfits.

The root of the reason why girls always complain about having to adhere to skirt length rules is a sad commentary as well. "Longer skirt length = less attention for me from the boys." I'm serious, thats the mindset. Believe it or don't.

Last edited by Jubenesah; 08-27-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
There is absolutely no VALID reason for it. Only societal reasons that make objects of women.
I think you are confusing society with testosterone. Easy mistake I know, based on the Washington Monument alone.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
I go to watch the games, of course. But when I was in college, one of my best friends was on the ND's cheerleading squad - and was actually quite famous across campus for his energy and excitement (any girl on campus knew who "psycho cheerleader" was - and he actually ended up being put in the startup video for NCAA Football on the XBox and PS2 - I think it was for NCAA 2006). He definitely (along with the rest of the squad) got the fans into the game even more. That cheerleading squad was a part of the game - regardless of what anyone was wearing.

Good story about a wonderful exception to the norm.

If he was a she and she had 34D's, do you suppose he(she) would have been more or less popular?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
I'm sorry, Cheerleading is a sport?

Listen to yourself... If you are trying to say that sex and sexuality are not major themes of cheerleading, then I will leave to the aforementioned river of DNile.
Cheerleading is more of a sport than golf or bowling to name a couple.

Cheerleading at sporting events may not themselves be sports, but it still takes athleticism - the kind that requires proper clothing or else running the risk of injury. Are you also mad at the tight, revealing clothes that olympic weightlifters have to lift? I mean, it's not really a sport either and what's the point of having their arms naked and wearing tight clothing if to show off the sexuality of the sport.

Any sex that is found in cheerleading (and, yes, you can find sex in it) is not due to the cheerleading, it's due to society filled with male pervert pigs who could look at a girl in a nun's outfit and still be turned on.

Quote:
I'm very stupid.
Quote:
Quote:
sigged!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Good story about a wonderful exception to the norm.

If he was a she and she had 34D's, do you suppose he(she) would have been more or less popular?
And that's cheerleading's fault that she's popular? Or the fact that she has huge boobs and men are pigs?

Quote:
I'm very stupid.
Quote:
Quote:
sigged!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I think you are confusing society with testosterone. Easy mistake I know, based on the Washington Monument alone.
I have the normal amount of testosterone, and I'm more than capable of not objectifying women. I think you are confusing testosterone with immaturity.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Cheerleading at sporting events may not themselves be sports, but it still takes athleticism - the kind that requires proper clothing or else running the risk of injury. Are you also mad at the tight, revealing clothes that olympic weightlifters have to lift? I mean, it's not really a sport either and what's the point of having their arms naked and wearing tight clothing if to show off the sexuality of the sport.

Any sex that is found in cheerleading (and, yes, you can find sex in it) is not due to the cheerleading, it's due to society filled with male pervert pigs who could look at a girl in a nun's outfit and still be turned on.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Barry are you clapping because of the Nun and being turned on comment? We that "know" you know you're a Catholic boy.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Barry are you clapping because of the Nun and being turned on comment? We that "know" you know you're a Catholic boy.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
BLASPHEMY!!!!

Quote:
Never said I was mad. Just amused at the hypocrisy and denial of it all.

Quote:
If that were true, then there would be no debate over length of skirts. But there is. I ask that you examine the source of that debate. The source is sex.