Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470
Default Re: How Bout Them Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
Excuses excuses
Victory excuses > Whining jealous loser excuses
Old 09-12-2010, 07:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1749

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
I'm not worried about Manning, he will do great. I don't follow the Colts enough to be certian about Addai. I know he is the type of player who can have big games but other games he will be forgotten just because Manning is lighting up the secondary. Would you say Addai is your clear feature back or is there a lot of rotation between him, Brown and others?

I'm really excited about everything Mendenhall can do. He can run inside and outside the tackles. He can juke and burn in the open field and plow forward in traffic. He is a great pass catcher and a good blocker. (Last year he was next to Ben in shotgun then took just one step forward and pancaked an unblocked blitzing Ray Lewis) I hope Arians doesn't forget about mendenhall when ben returns. If we stay committed to the run I see him in a few probowls.

In 12 starts last year he had rushing 1,100 yards, 7 tds and averaged 4.6 a rush. He also had 25 catches for 261 yards and a touchdown.
Right now, Addai is the clear feature back. However, Donald Brown seems to have more impressive moves than Addai. I see him getting rotated more as the season goes forward, if nothing else, giving Addai a break.

Your Mendenhall looked impressive today. I didn't realize he's strong enough to pancake Ray Lewis. Wow... that's impressive. I was pretty much rooting for every AFCN Team today. I'm glad the Steelers beat the Falcons. I don't have anything against the Falcons, but I just thought that Matt Ryan was and still is being overhyped. Looks as if Steelers defense is back! Troy looked good there. Bet you guys missed him, huh? Also... Dixon is not a bad QB. I see him getting better as the season progresses. I think Tomlin is going to have a big decision on his mind once Big Ben comes back. What if Dixon is playing lights out as QB? What then? Tough decision, I think.

What happened to the Bengals? I thought their defense was supposed to be top 5? Did New England improve that much? I was really hoping they'd stomp those Patriots. But... oh well... hopefully this was just a glitch.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1749

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotobeast View Post
It's easy to say now, but the Texans are legit.
They seem to have our number, a lot.
Umm... maybe to you guys. But to "us" (Colts-land) - no way! Before today, did you know what our record was against those guys? It was 15-1. Now, it's 15-2. So "no", they're not legit to the Colts. We just got our butts handed to us by a scrawny kid we kicked around in the AFC South. This was a very unexpected loss! I can't even think of an equivalence here in the AFC North. There's no team here in the AFCN that is a perennial whipping boy like the Texans are in the AFC South.

Ugh... this loss will take awhile to go away!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 106
steelers Re: How Bout Them Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM TROY View Post
they looked like **** as usual. when they play somebody tough, and win, get back to us!
that is a good assessment of the Bengals, now what did you think of the Steeler game?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 53862

Quote:
what do bad offenses say about your team? 65 minutes until you could punch it in at home? Id be concerned
Yeah, I'd be concerned too, that is, I'd be concerned if we weren't playing our third string QB instead of one of the best QB's in the league. Put it to you this way, if the Bengals play their second string QB they end up 4-11-1. The Steelers can actually beat a very good NFC team with their third string. Don't try to spin this, you know our game, and yours, has you guys very, very worried.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 56334

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
Yeah, I'd be concerned too, that is, I'd be concerned if we weren't playing our third string QB instead of one of the best QB's in the league. Put it to you this way, if the Bengals play their second string QB they end up 4-11-1. The Steelers can actually beat a very good NFC team with their third string. Don't try to spin this, you know our game, and yours, has you guys very, very worried.
hes only the 3rd string by the numbers - hes better then Left and is not a typical 3rd string QB

anyway, your denfense won you the game - so your comment regarding the QB play is moot
Old 09-12-2010, 07:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15873

Quote:
If our defense plays this way this year, then Bengals will have a very long year. Our defense and special teams were flat out bad.

It matters little who we play, our defense and special teams beats no one today.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANJAXED View Post
hes only the 3rd string by the numbers - hes better then Left and is not a typical 3rd string QB
No, he most certainly is not. Dixon was trying to kill gophers today on several occasions, passes that any QB at this level should be able to make and not doing so killed several drives. Lefty isn't great, but he delivers a far better ball and he reads defenses about a 1000% better. Dixon is better than your back ups, but that's because your backups blow goats.

Quote:
anyway, your denfense won you the game - so your comment regarding the QB play is moot
Uhm, my point was we can still win, as a team, with our third string QB. We have Ben in that game and we win by 20+ points. The key missing pieces from last year are back and Timmons had the light go on for him. Not to mention Ziggy Hood who provided nice pressure from RDE.

Lastly, Adams absolutely mauled people today, I had forgotten what a real RT looks like, I was reminded today.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
If our defense plays this way this year, then Bengals will have a very long year. Our defense and special teams were flat out bad.

It matters little who we play, our defense and special teams beats no one today.
Your offense was bad too. You only had three points until the Pats decided to coast the rest of the game. If you took any solace in the garbage time points your O scored after the Pats went up by 28 points then you're only deluding yourself.

Face it, your team played bad today, your entire team.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

Quote:
No, he most certainly is not. Dixon was trying to kill gophers today on several occasions, passes that any QB at this level should be able to make and not doing so killed several drives. Lefty isn't great, but he delivers a far better ball and he reads defenses about a 1000% better. Dixon is better than your back ups, but that's because your backups blow goats.

Uhm, my point was we can still win, as a team, with our third string QB. We have Ben in that game and we win by 20+ points. The key missing pieces from last year are back and Timmons had the light go on for him. Not to mention Ziggy Hood who provided nice pressure from RDE.

Lastly, Adams absolutely mauled people today, I had forgotten what a real RT looks like, I was reminded today.
I think those low passes were just him being nervous as they seemed to stop as the game wore on. He said he was pretty nervous so I don't know but those passes were pretty bad. Got better though.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15873

Quote:
Your offense was bad too. You only had three points until the Pats decided to coast the rest of the game. If you took any solace in the garbage time points your O scored after the Pats went up by 28 points then you're only deluding yourself.

I agree the entire team played poorly. But, if that is the case, then the Steelers offense also played like crap today. It was all defense. If not for great defense, your team scores 9 points and loses.

So congrats.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5620

Quote:
what do bad offenses say about your team? 65 minutes until you could punch it in at home? Id be concerned

There is lots to be worried about....but in the NFL....a win is a win

Carson Palmer:
"I keep thinking about how much, back in college, I hated UCLA," Palmer told SI's Michael Silver.
"I hate the Steelers more than I hate UCLA. Yeah, it's because I'm jealous and want what they have.
It's how everybody in our locker room feels".
Banned

Rep Points: 106

Quote:
I agree the entire team played poorly. But, if that is the case, then the Steelers offense also played like crap today. It was all defense. If not for great defense, your team scores 9 points and loses.

So congrats.
The difference is we are expecting the defense to keep it close and keep the game manageable for Dixon. This was accomplished.

The bengals on the other hand have been expecting Carson with T.O., Ocho and Shipley and an improved defense to be unstoppable. That did not work at all today.
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

So congrats.

Yeah, our O did poorly for the most part, but we also had our third string QB in, not our starter. It was great defense today, but I thought the Bengals had a great defense too?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 4426

Quote:
Yeah, our O did poorly for the most part, but we also had our third string QB in, not our starter. It was great defense today, but I thought the Bengals had a great defense too?
i disagree...they played poorly maybe on 4 or 5 plays, but i think for the most part they were decent to good, dixon just needs to learn when its a good time to scramble and when to look downfield
Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Right now, Addai is the clear feature back. However, Donald Brown seems to have more impressive moves than Addai. I see him getting rotated more as the season goes forward, if nothing else, giving Addai a break.

Your Mendenhall looked impressive today. I didn't realize he's strong enough to pancake Ray Lewis. Wow... that's impressive. I was pretty much rooting for every AFCN Team today. I'm glad the Steelers beat the Falcons. I don't have anything against the Falcons, but I just thought that Matt Ryan was and still is being overhyped. Looks as if Steelers defense is back! Troy looked good there. Bet you guys missed him, huh? Also... Dixon is not a bad QB. I see him getting better as the season progresses. I think Tomlin is going to have a big decision on his mind once Big Ben comes back. What if Dixon is playing lights out as QB? What then? Tough decision, I think.

What happened to the Bengals? I thought their defense was supposed to be top 5? Did New England improve that much? I was really hoping they'd stomp those Patriots. But... oh well... hopefully this was just a glitch.
It's good to hear Addai is the feature back. I have a good team so I'm not going to need huge production out of him, but hopefully when he gets a few tds they game during week swhere I need the extra points.

I think a lot of people didn't look at Mendenhall as a power back since he broke his shoulder from a hit from Lewis, but he is very powerful. I couldn't find a vid of his hit on Lewis but this is very, very similiar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WthAF-vU7V0

Matt Ryan played great. His stats didn't refelct it, but that's becasue the Steelers shut down their offense. Just the way he went through his progresses and how he read the D and handled pressure was very mature. They ran some no-huddle offense and he made all the calls and to my surprise didn't make a simgle mistake while in huury-up. Young qbs, like Sanchez and Ryan, always get a lot of hype just because they make a few good plays as a rookie or play rather mature for how young they are. But when you look at their stats they don't look like anything special and pale in comparison to any above average qb.

Dixon played better thean anyone can expect from a #3 qb. There is no question he will be our starter the next 3 games. But there is no way he takes plays away from Ben.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 09-12-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever View Post
i disagree...they played poorly maybe on 4 or 5 plays, but i think for the most part they were decent to good, dixon just needs to learn when its a good time to scramble and when to look downfield
No dude, Dixon is not very good. I'm pulling for the kid as much as any Steeler fan, but I know what I see. He forces the pass, he has an awkward delivery and he can't work the sidelines at all. You watched the game, I assume, then you saw that he could have very easily gotten picked four times, two of them we were very fortunate on.

I hope today was a confidence builder for the young guy, that he comes out looking much better next week. But he didn't show me anything this week and I'll be concerned until we get Benjy back.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16996

Quote:
HA! If we had played a High School JV team today, the accolades would be flowing! We would put the Steel Curtain to shame.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
No dude, Dixon is not very good. I'm pulling for the kid as much as any Steeler fan, but I know what I see. He forces the pass, he has an awkward delivery and he can't work the sidelines at all. You watched the game, I assume, then you saw that he could have very easily gotten picked four times, two of them we were very fortunate on.

I hope today was a confidence builder for the young guy, that he comes out looking much better next week. But he didn't show me anything this week and I'll be concerned until we get Benjy back.
i wasnt trying to say he played good...he played bad, his throws were too low, constantly at recievers legs
Old 09-12-2010, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 704

That's one win without Ben. Dixon managed the game and frankly looked better than the third year quarterback Kolb starting for the Eagles. It was a team win with plays made by many players on special teams, offense and defense.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 95519

Quote:

Yes, our team played bad today, however, the Pats did not coast the rest of the game. Bill Belichick doesn't coast. Remember the running up the score controversy?

No, the reason our offense got off the schnide is because we went no huddle and that tired the defense out enough to keep it from being as aggressive as it was in the first half.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhos View Post
Yes, our team played bad today, however, the Pats did not coast the rest of the game. Bill Belichick doesn't coast. Remember the running up the score controversy?
That was Belicheat, "I'm gonna show you guys after embarrassing me with Spygate." That was not today. I will freely admit I did not see the whole game. What I did see was a generic game plan after going up by 28, on both sides of the ball.

Quote:
No, the reason our offense got off the schnide is because we went no huddle and that tired the defense out enough to keep it from being as aggressive as it was in the first half.
If you say so, three points in the first half when the game was in doubt. Twenty-one in the second with the game well in hand. Yeah, there's no way the Pats took the foot off the gas at all.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 95519

Quote:
That was Belicheat, "I'm gonna show you guys after embarrassing me with Spygate." That was not today. I will freely admit I did not see the whole game. What I did see was a generic game plan after going up by 28, on both sides of the ball.
Patriots up 31-17. They continue doing on offense what they did in the first half and get another TD.
Patriots up 38-24. 4th and short on the 4 yard line. Belichick goes for it.

Yeah, he was just using a generic game plan and coasting.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1649

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsSteelerCountry View Post
The steelers won, why would they be concerned??? The bungles are the ones that need to be concerned.
Quote:

The concern about your team is that Dixon is going to play again, and not against an good NFC team. There going against the Titans..........with Dixon.

Today, Mendenhall and Polamalu rescue the game.....next sunday too?

Who Dey!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ders-Greg-Cook

"Get Up, Timmy!".............
Sam Wyche to Tim Krumrie.
January 22, 1989
SB XXIII
Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer76 View Post

The concern about your team is that Dixon is going to play again, and not against an good NFC team. There going against the Titans..........with Dixon.

Today, Mendenhall and Polamalu rescue the game.....next sunday too?

Who Dey!!!!!
yeah, and?