Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2895
Default Will the people from Lost ever get off the darn island?

To me this show used to be golden, but just like Prison break a lot of ideas are running out and they are running out fast.
I have not even seen a commerical for Lost probably for about a month(credited that I work Wed nights) and I thought it got pulled off the air, but nope I hear that is still a strong power house in ratings and that they are bringing it back for a 3rd and possible 4th season!
How can they even continue something like this? It is almost the same thing over and over and they are running out of ideas but yet people watch this crap.
? is.. will anyone ever get off the island of Lost?

Request it here! <--- BengalRocker made ^^^^ that awesome sig. Request your own.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 4265
Default Re: Will the people from Lost ever get off the darn island?

Since you have not watched you, you have missed quite a bit. Actually last week a lady had her helicopter crash and she parachuted to the ground. After having her life saved she is told that the people are the survivors of Oceanic flight 818 (or whatever flight they were on) and she said that was impossible. She said the plane was found and there were no survivors. So I would say that things are starting to pick up again after a little bit of a lull.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 3

I know it may sound strange but I am addicted to this show. I can not not watch it. I dont know what it is that every week when its over I cant wait to see the next episode. In my opinion the only other show that I feel that way about(unless its on BFL Network,ESPN,ESPN2, you get the idea) is Jericho. To me me it is one of the best shows on in years. It really is ingenious. Its kinda of a hodge podge of other shows but amazing nonetheless.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4883

I am addicted to it. []
Old 05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

[quote user="Turk88"]Since you have not watched you, you have missed quite a bit. Actually last week a lady had her helicopter crash and she parachuted to the ground. After having her life saved she is told that the people are the survivors of Oceanic flight 818 (or whatever flight they were on) and she said that was impossible. She said the plane was found and there were no survivors. So I would say that things are starting to pick up again after a little bit of a lull.[/quote]
Really? So my ? is are they all really dead and kind of stuck in a pergatory? Or is she just one of the others.
The only thing I am saying is, some of the big characters need to bite the dust... soon.

Request it here! <--- BengalRocker made ^^^^ that awesome sig. Request your own.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

[quote user="ThePekoSquad"][quote user="Turk88"]Since you have not watched you, you have missed quite a bit. Actually last week a lady had her helicopter crash and she parachuted to the ground. After having her life saved she is told that the people are the survivors of Oceanic flight 818 (or whatever flight they were on) and she said that was impossible. She said the plane was found and there were no survivors. So I would say that things are starting to pick up again after a little bit of a lull.[/quote]
Really? So my ? is are they all really dead and kind of stuck in a pergatory? Or is she just one of the others.
The only thing I am saying is, some of the big characters need to bite the dust... soon.
[/quote]

I think Peko is an Other. [:O]
Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

[quote user="Dayton_Bengal_Chic"][quote user="ThePekoSquad"] [quote user="Turk88"]Since you have not watched you, you have missed quite a bit. Actually last week a lady had her helicopter crash and she parachuted to the ground. After having her life saved she is told that the people are the survivors of Oceanic flight 818 (or whatever flight they were on) and she said that was impossible. She said the plane was found and there were no survivors. So I would say that things are starting to pick up again after a little bit of a lull.[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh no no, I just want to kidnap all of you and convince you to play football with me. Thats all I want.. similiar to Jack and the Others.. But me an other.. Please.[]

Old 05-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Banned

[quote user="Dayton_Bengal_Chic"][quote user="ThePekoSquad"] [quote user="Turk88"]Since you have not watched you, you have missed quite a bit. Actually last week a lady had her helicopter crash and she parachuted to the ground. After having her life saved she is told that the people are the survivors of Oceanic flight 818 (or whatever flight they were on) and she said that was impossible. She said the plane was found and there were no survivors. So I would say that things are starting to pick up again after a little bit of a lull.[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Once again Lil Ol Angela managaes to put a smile on my face! []
Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44932

I've watched this show since the first season, and it was rather addictive. I made it a point to watch every week, and even enjoyed watching episodes over again on the DVDs. I was even more entranced by finding clues and such in everything.

that being said, this season has annoyed me. Its just like the writer's were like "Crap.... Um we didn't really think we would make it to 3 season. We aren't really sure what to do anymore. Um.... LET's try this!" and ever since things have just made less and less sense. As much as they claim to solve things, they make them 10x worse.

The one that annoys me the most? oh there is a second island that no one managed to notice. OH THAT ISLAND! I thought you were talking about some other second island. The hatch thing just disappeared entirely. If it was so easy to just null out the ""dangerous energy" in the hatch by turning a key, why the hell didn't they do it sooner. The Jack, Kate, Sawyer love triangle gets dumber and dumber by the minute. plus they introduce characters now just to kill off. ugh

yeah I gave up watching it. i might try to catch up when the dvd comes out, but i really could care less Atm. The first 30 minutes of Lost take up my weekly South Park, which I find far more entertaining.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Banned

Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Points: 39530

Can I go on record that I find Lost and everything to do with it absolutely rubbiish. I'm happy with my DVD box set of Twin Peaks
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

[quote user="jamiethelanky"]Can I go on record that I find Lost and everything to do with it absolutely rubbiish. [/quote]

No, you can't. <<cheesy grin>>
And Peko, I am still very suspicious of you! *teehee*
Turk, I got your back, baby.....AND your funny bone! :wubs:
Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned

[quote user="Dayton_Bengal_Chic"][quote user="jamiethelanky"]Can I go on record that I find Lost and everything to do with it absolutely rubbiish. [/quote]

No, you can't. <<cheesy grin>>
And Peko, I am still very suspicious of you! *teehee*
Turk, I got your back, baby.....AND your funny bone! :wubs:
[/quote]

You know that I have your back as well! Even when you get drunk and makes an appearance! [:O]
By the way, don't anyone say anything bad about Kate!! She is my future ex wife! LoL
I think that Lost had some trouble last season with writing and the direction the show was going to take but I believe that they have decided upon a direction and the season seems to be heading a particular way.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Ok I know that I wasnt the only one that watched last night. What did you guys think?? It was kinda strange and sort of slow.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

I didn't watch it last night. I will be watching it tonight after class (DVR is great!!) Last night I watched two of my fav shows, NCIS and The Unit!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

I havent ever watched either. Let me know what you thought after you watch it tonight.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

I actually caught it lost night.
It was decent but once again slow moving and kind of boring.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 29025

The problem with "Lost" - much like "Prison break" (Glad you brought that show up) is that you can only take it so far before the well runs dry.
If they get off the island, the series is over. Have to start a new series called, "Found". (?)
Just for a lark....I'd have the crew of "Lost" find the remnants of a boat called, "Minnow".
Old 05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

[quote user="Ghostwriter"]The problem with "Lost" - much like "Prison break" (Glad you brought that show up) is that you can only take it so far before the well runs dry.
If they get off the island, the series is over. Have to start a new series called, "Found". (?)
Just for a lark....I'd have the crew of "Lost" find the remnants of a boat called, "Minnow".
[/quote]
Well I think I found the whole thing of it. I think they all are dead and are stuck in a pergatory, so when one dies they either go to heaven.. or well the other place. So I think that is what is happening and Prison Break deserves to be cancelled I mean how much more can you do honestly?

Old 05-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Banned

I watched Lost last night and I think that thay are methodically (not slowly) bringing all the questions that we as viewers have had together finally. I love all the connections betweent he people on the plane. Like Sawyer and John. Still trying to figure out what the "others" are all about and why they are waiting for someone so "special".

As far as Prison Break goes, this show does what all good shows should, it picks up at the beginning of the hour and starts solving the problem that you were left with the week before and by the time the show is almost over, BAM, another twist that leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat. Each episode is like a mini season finale! Usually only season finales get to use the cliffhanger (something I would like to see more of in tv) but this show utilizes the cliff hanger in a great way. Yes, Link is a free man but there are other people still out there. Mary Cruz is still kidnapped and they have to use Bellick to get her back. Michael, being the person that he is, can't just let all this take place since he was the one that started all this in the first place.
Great show and if you don't like it I will punch you in the nose!! LOL
Old 05-04-2007, 07:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

We were going to watch Lost last night but our stupid DVR didn't record it. [:@] Was it the season finale?
Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Banned

No...I think there are three more episodes left!! It will be alright, just put your head on my shoulder, cry a little and then let's do a shot! []
Old 05-04-2007, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

[quote user="Turk88"]No...I think there are three more episodes left!! It will be alright, just put your head on my shoulder, cry a little and then let's do a shot! [][/quote]
Shots??? Who said shots??? What kind of shots???? Lol
Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

[quote user="biggie"][quote user="Turk88"]No...I think there are three more episodes left!! It will be alright, just put your head on my shoulder, cry a little and then let's do a shot! [][/quote]
Shots??? Who said shots??? What kind of shots???? Lol
[/quote]

You call and I drink!! Doesn't matter to me. I prefer Tennessee Whiskey or a good bourbon but I do mixed shots sometimes. mmmmmm, now I want a shot! Hey, I think I have a flask out in my truck....WOOOHOOOO!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: Columbus, OH.........IO. Turk is, was and always will be the man!
Rep Points: 25406

[quote user="ThePekoSquad"]To me this show used to be golden, but just like Prison break a lot of ideas are running out and they are running out fast.
I have not even seen a commerical for Lost probably for about a month(credited that I work Wed nights) and I thought it got pulled off the air, but nope I hear that is still a strong power house in ratings and that they are bringing it back for a 3rd and possible 4th season!
How can they even continue something like this? It is almost the same thing over and over and they are running out of ideas but yet people watch this crap.
? is.. will anyone ever get off the island of Lost?
[/quote]
The ratings are in the toilet and they just re-upped for another 3 years (I believe), so...........I'm thinking...........no, they won't.

"I told you so has a brother and his name is shut the **** up!"
Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

[quote user="Turk88"]I watched Lost last night and I think that thay are methodically (not slowly) bringing all the questions that we as viewers have had together finally. I love all the connections betweent he people on the plane. Like Sawyer and John. Still trying to figure out what the "others" are all about and why they are waiting for someone so "special".

As far as Prison Break goes, this show does what all good shows should, it picks up at the beginning of the hour and starts solving the problem that you were left with the week before and by the time the show is almost over, BAM, another twist that leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat. Each episode is like a mini season finale! Usually only season finales get to use the cliffhanger (something I would like to see more of in tv) but this show utilizes the cliff hanger in a great way. Yes, Link is a free man but there are other people still out there. Mary Cruz is still kidnapped and they have to use Bellick to get her back. Michael, being the person that he is, can't just let all this take place since he was the one that started all this in the first place.
Great show and if you don't like it I will punch you in the nose!! LOL
[/quote]
I sure as heck can take a hit, but I have seen ya via myspace and boy it looks like when you punch, you punch hard getting punched in the nose by Turk looks like an automatic broken nose
=p
But I would love every second of it (as long as I got a swing back) =p