Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3241
bengals Top 10 Black Quarterbacks

So I'm watching NFL Network and it's talking about Doug Williams Super Bowl season so I thought I'd try and compile a small list of the top black quarterbacks currently playing in the NFL. They don't have to be starting or anything. I compiled the list from my knowledge and ESPN.com's depth chart list so I might have been dumb enough to miss somebody, but I don't think that I have. Also I do take into account a little bit of past performance, but mostly current performance, into this list so while I think Josh Freeman is probably better than McNabb at this point i still have McNabb higher than him at this point.

1. Michael Vick 6'0" 215 lbs. Atlanta Falcons (01-06), Philadelphia Eagles (09-present)

Passing Stats: 1,169 Cmp. 2,115 Att. 55.3% 14,609 Yds. 93 TD 58 Int. 42 Fum. 80.2 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 653 Att. 4,630 Yds. 7.1 Avg. 32 TD 23 Fum.

Vick was one of the top quarterbacks in the league before he was suspended/jailed for two years for dog fighting and he picked up right where he left off this last season. I think with such a talented and young team around him he's going to stay at the top of this list for a couple of more years until his age (30) catched up to him. The only worry I have about Vick is whether or not he can stay healthy as he's started only 16 games one time in his eight year career.

2. Donovan McNabb 6'2" 240 lbs. Philadelphia Eagles (99-09), Washington Redskins (10-present)

Passing Stats: 3,076 Cmp. 5,218 Att. 59.0% 36,250 Yds. 230 TD 115 Int. 61 Fum. 85.7 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 602 Att. 3,400 Yds. 5.6 Avg. 28 TD 32 Fum.

If all of these guys retired right now McNabb would be the greatest out of the bunch and could still be by the end of all of these careers. He had a down, but still decent year, with a mediocre Redskins team, while learning to adapt to a new team and dealing with a coach that apparently didn't like him. I'm hoping McNabb moves on to a new situation with a coach that wants him and a better supporting cast. If he does I could see him getting back to his dominant days.

3. Josh Freeman 6'6" 248 lbs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (09-present)

Passing Stats: 449 Cmp. 764 Att. 58.8% 5,306 Yds. 35 TD 24 Int. 10 Fum. 82.2 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 98 Att. 525 Yds. 5.4 Avg. 0 TD 6 Fum.

I know he's only been in the league for two years, but last season was Freeman's coming out party. He had a great season and is on a team with a good mix of young and veteran playmakers. Going by last year alone I would put Freeman behind Vick as the best, but I want to see some consistency over another year or two before I could put him above a possible hall of famer like McNabb. The only thing that worries me about Freeman is whether his go to receiver Mike Williams can stay out of trouble.

4. David Garrard 6'1" 231 lbs. Jacksonville Jaguars (02-present)

Passing Stats: 1,406 Cmp. 2,281 Att. 61.6% 16,003 Yds. 89 TD 54 Int. 29 Fum. 85.8 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 380 Att. 1,746 Yds. 4.6 Avg. 17 TD 15 Fum.

He's not the best quarterback, but he's a very good game manager and is consistent from year to year. He's spent most of his career on a decent Jaguars team, but I feel he would be at his best on a run heavy team where all he needs to do is make a few plays and no costly mistakes. He's always had a good running game behind him (MJD), but hasn't had a ton of talent at the receiver position.

5. Vince Young 6'5" 232 lbs. Tennessee Titans (06-present)

Passing Stats: 689 Cmp. 1,190 Att. 57.9% 8,098 Yds. 42 TD 42 Int. 17 Fum. 75.7 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 264 Att. 1,380 Yds. 5.2 Avg. 12 TD 21 Fum.

Young is a very frustrating player. Not just because he can be happy one week and depressed the next, but he has some pretty nasty games statistically-wise, but just knows how to win. On top of all of that he is a bit of an injury concern. I think he could shoot up this list if he would mature and stay out of trouble with whatever team he is moving on to next. A handful of places I would like to see him go?

Carolina Panthers: I think they have a very good team offensively. Good line, two great running backs, and a good veteran receiver. Plus they added Shockey which gives them the TE threat that Young likes to utilize. Only problem is all of these pieces staying healthy. This way they don't exactly have to start over with Jimmy Clausen they can keep him around and have these two compete. Preferably they would add somebody like an AJ Green to add firepower to the passing game.

Miami Dolphins: You know they'd love a running quarterback to pair with Ronnie Brown/Mark Ingrim (Or both). They've got a good team offensively that Young can work with. (Marshall, Fasano, and Long) There isn't a heavy need for a quarterback here, but Henne hasn't shown his potention, Pennington is always injured, and Thigpen is more of a high end backup.

Minnesota Vikings: They need some shoring up defensively and on the offensive line, but they got a lot of talent at the skill positions (Peterson, Rice, Harvin, and Shianco) plus they have a real need for a quarterback because everyone knows Webb isn't the answer. Jackson has some potential if they would trust him, but they won't and he won't be back anyways.

6. Seneca Wallace 5'11" 205 lbs. Seattle Seahawks (05-09), Cleveland Browns (10-present)

Passing Stats: 397 Cmp. 657 Att. 60.4% 4,241 Yds. 29 TD 16 Int. 9 Fum. 83.9 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 61 Att. 223 Yds. 3.7 Avg. 1 TD 9 Fum.

Yes he's a career backup, but he's one of the best in the league. I don't know how he would do if someone gave him the starting job, but he's flashed some serious potential when he gets the opportunity to play. His biggest issue is that he's way too short.

7. Jason Campbell 6'5" 230 lbs. Washington Reskins (05-09), Oakland Raiders (10-present)

Passing Stats: 1,196 Cmp. 1,966 Att. 60.8% 13,247 Yds. 68 TD 46 Int. 31 Fum. 82.6 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 200 Att. 1,008 Yds. 5.0 Avg. 4 TD 12 Fum.

I still think Campbell could be the answer for the Raiders. For a guy that has never had the same offensive coordinator in his entire career he has done very well. I think he just needs a consistent team that isn't shuffling it's staff and players around constantly. I think a couple of more years and some more playmakers on offense and he'll be one of the better quarterbacks in the league.

8. Byron Leftwich 6'5" 250 lbs. Jacksonville Jaguars (03-06), Atlanta Falcons (07), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (09), Pittsburgh Steelers (08,10-present),

Passing Stats: 905 Cmp. 1,552 Att. 58.3% 10,260 Yds. 58 TD 41 Int. 25 Fum. 79.7 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 136 Att. 384 Yds. 2.8 Avg. 9 TD 8 Fum.

He was pretty good in his tenure at Jacksonville, but has resided at the backup position for the last couple of years. I still think he has the ability to be a quality starter if he could find a stable situation with some talent on its offense.

9. Tarvaris Jackson 6'2" 225 lbs. Minnesota Vikings (06-present)

Passing Stats: 354 Cmp. 603 Att. 58.7% 3,984 Yds. 24 TD 22 Int. 10 Fum. 76.6 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 119 Att. 535 Yds. 4.5 Avg. 4 TD 5 Fum.

I've seen some flashes of potential from Jackson, but his coaching staff never seems to trust him and is always looking for someone else. I think he's done in Minnesota unless they can't find another option. If that's the case he's most likely going to end up becoming a journeyman backup like Leftwich has become. I think he's a quality backup player for any team including the Bengals. I just think it would take too much time for a player his age to get acclimatized to a new team to get another starting gig.

10. Troy Smith 6'0" 217 lbs. Baltimore Ravens (07-09), San Fransisco 49ers (10-present)

Passing Stats: 121 Cmp. 234 Att. 51.7% 1,734 Yds. 8 TD 5 Int. 4 Fum. 78.5 Rat.

Rushing Stats: 52 Att. 230 Yds. 4.4 Avg. 3 TD 5 Fum.

Troy has shown flashes of potential with both the Ravens and the 49ers, but in both cases is probably going to be cast aside for a young franchisable quarterback. A coaching change is probably going to set him back this upcoming year and I doubt that Harbaugh is going to see Smith as a franchise player. Like Jackson he's probably going to end up moving on and becoming a journeyman backup.

After looking at this there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of quality black quarterbacks in the league. This is kind of reflected in the draft though too. You got Cam Newton in the minority with guys like Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Christian Ponder, and Andy Dalton for the majority. Anyways tell me what you think about the current black quarterbacks and any players I probably missed.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978
Default Re: Top 10 Black Quarterbacks

joe webb vikings
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
So I'm watching NFL Network and it's talking about Doug Williams Super Bowl season so I thought I'd try and compile a small list of the top black quarterbacks currently playing in the NFL. They don't have to be starting or anything. I compiled the list from my knowledge and ESPN.com's depth chart list so I might have been dumb enough to miss somebody, but I don't think that I have. Also I do take into account a little bit of past performance, but mostly current performance, into this list so while I think Josh Freeman is probably better than McNabb at this point i still have McNabb higher than him at this point.

1. Michael Vick 6'0" 215 lbs. Atlanta Falcons (01-06), Philadelphia Eagles (09-present)

Passing Stats: 1,169 Cmp. 2,115 Att. 55.3% 14,609 Yds. 93 TD 58 Int. 42 Fum. 80.2 Rat.

Vick was one of the top quarterbacks in the league before he was suspended/jailed for two years for dog fighting and he picked up right where he left off this last season. I think with such a talented and young team around him he's going to stay at the top of this list for a couple of more years until his age (30) catched up to him. The only worry I have about Vick is whether or not he can stay healthy as he's started only 16 games one time in his eight year career.

2. Donovan McNabb 6'2" 240 lbs. Philadelphia Eagles (99-09), Washington Redskins (10-present)

Passing Stats: 3,076 Cmp. 5,218 Att. 59.0% 36,250 Yds. 230 TD 115 Int. 61 Fum. 85.7 Rat.

If all of these guys retired right now McNabb would be the greatest out of the bunch and could still be by the end of all of these careers. He had a down, but still decent year, with a mediocre Redskins team, while learning to adapt to a new team and dealing with a coach that apparently didn't like him. I'm hoping McNabb moves on to a new situation with a coach that wants him and a better supporting cast. If he does I could see him getting back to his dominant days.

Passing Stats: 449 Cmp. 764 Att. 58.8% 5,306 Yds. 35 TD 24 Int. 10 Fum. 82.2 Rat.

I know he's only been in the league for two years, but last season was Freeman's coming out party. He had a great season and is on a team with a good mix of young and veteran playmakers. Going by last year alone I would put Freeman behind Vick as the best, but I want to see some consistency over another year or two before I could put him above a possible hall of famer like McNabb. The only thing that worries me about Freeman is whether his go to receiver Mike Williams can stay out of trouble.

Passing Stats: 1,406 Cmp. 2,281 Att. 61.6% 16,003 Yds. 89 TD 54 Int. 29 Fum. 85.8 Rat.

He's not the best quarterback, but he's a very good game manager and is consistent from year to year. He's spent most of his career on a decent Jaguars team, but I feel he would be at his best on a run heavy team where all he needs to do is make a few plays and no costly mistakes. He's always had a good running game behind him (MJD), but hasn't had a ton of talent at the receiver position.

Passing Stats: 689 Cmp. 1,190 Att. 57.9% 8,098 Yds. 42 TD 42 Int. 17 Fum. 75.7 Rat.

Young is a very frustrating player. Not just because he can be happy one week and depressed the next, but he has some pretty nasty games statistically-wise, but just knows how to win. On top of all of that he is a bit of an injury concern. I think he could shoot up this list if he would mature and stay out of trouble with whatever team he is moving on to next. A handful of places I would like to see him go?

Carolina Panthers: I think they have a very good team offensively. Good line, two great running backs, and a good veteran receiver. Plus they added Shockey which gives them the TE threat that Young likes to utilize. Only problem is all of these pieces staying healthy. This way they don't exactly have to start over with Jimmy Clausen they can keep him around and have these two compete. Preferably they would add somebody like an AJ Green to add firepower to the passing game.

Miami Dolphins: You know they'd love a running quarterback to pair with Ronnie Brown/Mark Ingrim (Or both). They've got a good team offensively that Young can work with. (Marshall, Fasano, and Long) There isn't a heavy need for a quarterback here, but Henne hasn't shown his potention, Pennington is always injured, and Thigpen is more of a high end backup.

Minnesota Vikings: They need some shoring up defensively and on the offensive line, but they got a lot of talent at the skill positions (Peterson, Rice, Harvin, and Shianco) plus they have a real need for a quarterback because everyone knows Webb isn't the answer. Jackson has some potential if they would trust him, but they won't and he won't be back anyways.

6. Seneca Wallace 5'11" 205 lbs. Seattle Seahawks (05-09), Cleveland Browns (10-present)

Passing Stats: 397 Cmp. 657 Att. 60.4% 4,241 Yds. 29 TD 16 Int. 9 Fum. 83.9 Rat.

Yes he's a career backup, but he's one of the best in the league. I don't know how he would do if someone gave him the starting job, but he's flashed some serious potential when he gets the opportunity to play. His biggest issue is that he's way too short.

7. Jason Campbell 6'5" 230 lbs. Washington Reskins (05-09), Oakland Raiders (10-present)

Passing Stats: 1,196 Cmp. 1,966 Att. 60.8% 13,247 Yds. 68 TD 46 Int. 31 Fum. 82.6 Rat.

I still think Campbell could be the answer for the Raiders. For a guy that has never had the same offensive coordinator in his entire career he has done very well. I think he just needs a consistent team that isn't shuffling it's staff and players around constantly. I think a couple of more years and some more playmakers on offense and he'll be one of the better quarterbacks in the league.

8. Byron Leftwich 6'5" 250 lbs. Jacksonville Jaguars (03-06), Atlanta Falcons (07), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (09), Pittsburgh Steelers (08,10-present),

Passing Stats: 905 Cmp. 1,552 Att. 58.3% 10,260 Yds. 58 TD 41 Int. 25 Fum. 79.7 Rat.

He was pretty good in his tenure at Jacksonville, but has resided at the backup position for the last couple of years. I still think he has the ability to be a quality starter if he could find a stable situation with some talent on its offense.

Passing Stats: 354 Cmp. 603 Att. 58.7% 3,984 Yds. 24 TD 22 Int. 10 Fum. 76.6 Rat.

I've seen some flashes of potential from Jackson, but his coaching staff never seems to trust him and is always looking for someone else. I think he's done in Minnesota unless they can't find another option. If that's the case he's most likely going to end up becoming a journeyman backup like Leftwich has become. I think he's a quality backup player for any team including the Bengals. I just think it would take too much time for a player his age to get acclimatized to a new team to get another starting gig.

10. Troy Smith 6'0" 217 lbs. Baltimore Ravens (07-09), San Fransisco 49ers (10-present)

Troy has shown flashes of potential with both the Ravens and the 49ers, but in both cases is probably going to be cast aside for a young franchisable quarterback. A coaching change is probably going to set him back this upcoming year and I doubt that Harbaugh is going to see Smith as a franchise player. Like Jackson he's probably going to end up moving on and becoming a journeyman backup.

After looking at this there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of quality black quarterbacks in the league. This is kind of reflected in the draft though too. You got Cam Newton in the minority with guys like Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Christian Ponder, and Andy Dalton for the majority. Anyways tell me what you think about the current black quarterbacks and any players I probably missed.
Can I ask wtf your sig means?

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18306

Black QB's in this league are athletes and not pure passers.

Most teams prefer a pure passer with next to no mobility over a guy that can run like a RB.

It's easier to find guys that can run with the ball than to find a pure passer.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22971

I think this would have been a better thread had you said top 10 of all time.

Im going to think about this.And post my all time top 10 in a bit.

Randal Cuningham will be #1 in my books.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
I think this would have been a better thread had you said top 10 of all time.

Im going to think about this.And post my all time top 10 in a bit.

Randal Cuningham will be #1 in my books.
Warren Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! @ #1

#2 Cunningham

#3 McNair

#4 McNabb

#5 Vick

#6 Doug Williams

#7 Culpepper

#8 Jeff Blake

#9 Aaron Brooks

#10 Marlin Briscoe (Jackie Robinson of NFL QB's)
Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
Warren Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! @ #1

#2 Cunningham

#3 McNair

#4 McNabb

#5 Vick

#6 Doug Williams

#7 Culpepper

#8 Jeff Blake

#9 Aaron Brooks

#10 Marlin Briscoe (Jackie Robinson of NFL QB's)

Thats a pretty good list.I thought maybe Kordell Stewart could top the list out at #10,or even ahead of Brooks.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1

Jason Campbell is better than Seneca Wallace. Heck i would put him at #2.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
Thats a pretty good list.I thought maybe Kordell Stewart could top the list out at #10,or even ahead of Brooks.
I don't think Stewart was that good. Brooks' stats were a lot better if you check them.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

aaron brooks was the man he led the saints to the playoffs and beat kurt warner and the rams this is before drew brees sean payton and company went to the saints
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 03-23-2011, 04:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
aaron brooks was the man he led the saints to the playoffs and beat kurt warner and the rams this is before drew brees sean payton and company went to the saints
Aaron Brooks + Deuce McAllister + Joe horn + Norman Hand + La'roi Glover = Entertaining Football.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1

Wasn't Kordell Stewart and Charles Johnson gay for each other? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBen View Post
Wasn't Kordell Stewart and Charles Johnson gay for each other? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
between this and that sex with the horse post you made no wonder your name is ben
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 03-24-2011, 12:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBen View Post

T here is a lot wrong with that.thumbsdown.thumbsdown
Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 91852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
Aaron Brooks + Deuce McAllister + Joe horn + Norman Hand + La'roi Glover = Entertaining Football.
I will never forget a play when Brooks just threw it backwards for no reason like 15-20 yards. Hahahahaha.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post

Is that a joke? Vick was a running back who could throw. He didn't even resemble anything near an NFL QB before he landed in Philly. He NEVER threw for more than 2,936 Yards while in ATL. And his QB rating was never better than 81.6 during his career in ATL. Hell the past two seasons in Philly his rating in 09 was 93.7 and last year it was 100.2 and with those two numbers averaged into his career his career rating is still only 80.2. During his tenure in ATL they never had back to back winning seasons. And he had 55 fumbles both rushing and passing from 01-06. One of the top QBs my arse.

As for the rest of your list I'd have Young at 4, Campbell at 5, and Garrard at 6.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 03-24-2011, 03:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

bengals Re: Top 10 Black Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Is that a joke? Vick was a running back who could throw. He didn't even resemble anything near an NFL QB before he landed in Philly. He NEVER threw for more than 2,936 Yards while in ATL. And his QB rating was never better than 81.6 during his career in ATL. Hell the past two seasons in Philly his rating in 09 was 93.7 and last year it was 100.2 and with those two numbers averaged into his career his career rating is still only 80.2. During his tenure in ATL they never had back to back winning seasons. And he had 55 fumbles both rushing and passing from 01-06. One of the top QBs my arse.

As for the rest of your list I'd have Young at 4, Campbell at 5, and Garrard at 6.
Sorry meant one of the top black quarterbacks. I never really thought about it before, but there aren't a lot of quality black quarterbacks in the league, I mean four of them on this list are backups. Joe Webb was on my radar but he is only a rookie and not that impressive which is why I had Jackson and Smith above him.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 363

You can't have a top ten black QB list. Shorten it to 5. Or 3.
I'm not being racist. Black people are athletic, white people are not. Have you
ever heard the phrase White Men Can't Jump, its true. That's why RB and WR are usually black and QB are white IMO.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep#9forever View Post
You can't have a top ten black QB list. Shorten it to 5. Or 3.
I'm not being racist. Black people are athletic, white people are not. Have you
ever heard the phrase White Men Can't Jump, its true. That's why RB and WR are usually black and QB are white IMO.
steve nash??
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

cards Re: Top 10 Black Quarterbacks

Quote:
steve nash??
He can play basketball , but he can't jump thumbsdown lol
Old 03-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 363

Quote:
steve nash??
Steve Nash is the Quarterback of the Phoenix Suns.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 36

Freeman needs to be ahead of McNabb
Old 03-29-2011, 01:09 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 56334

who cares about color?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANJAXED View Post
who cares about color?
Warren moon....he was an amazing qb but his remarks about the criticism of newton being about the color of his skin and not about his ability or play style causes him to lose credibility and respect. This is especially true when every white qb in this draft is being viewed in just as much negative light as newton is. Only difference is newton will be making 50 mil as compared to his white qb counter parts who will be making mayb one to three mil.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

You need to stop looking at the stats... especially passer rating which is extremely skewed. even then, an 80.2 passer rating is not bad at all

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ