Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11533
Default Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/20...000d5d82560c1b

Go vote for AD!!!

Who Dey!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7297
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
I'll drink to that!

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 494

I'm a BIG Dalton fan, but Cam deserves it this week.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
I'm a BIG Dalton fan, but Cam deserves it this week.
4 rushing TDs in a game to set the NFL record yeah cam will get it this week
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Bumpin' this for AD! Come on everyone vote all you can!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11149

I really hope AD gets Rookie of the Year. If he gets this team to the playoffs I think he should get it over Cam.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
I really hope AD gets Rookie of the Year. If he gets this team to the playoffs I think he should get it over Cam.
I agree but the media LOVES Cam. He can do no wrong.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11149

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
I agree but the media LOVES Cam. He can do no wrong.
And by media you mean DEON, IRVING, and the rest of those fools on NFL Network. I know, it makes me crazy. Cam is a beast though.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6203

I voted for Andy, but Cam will probably win it.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73805

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Only Cam is 10x better than Dalton right now
Old 12-27-2011, 07:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Yeah, Cam is no doubt the rookie of the year. Dalton had a chance to pull away but failed. Any other year he would be ROY

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 12-27-2011, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 171

Dalton deserves ROTY over Newton, but he won't get it. Newton is flashy and me first who has fumbled or thrown picks to lose a bunch of games for them. Dalton isn't flashy but he is consistent and is leading his team to a playoff bid.

Only stat Dalton cares about is wins, only award is the Lombardi Trophy.

YOUTH MOVEMENT
The only hope for this team!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Dunlap View Post
Dalton deserves ROTY over Newton, but he won't get it. Newton is flashy and me first who has fumbled or thrown picks to lose a bunch of games for them. Dalton isn't flashy but he is consistent and is leading his team to a playoff bid.

Newton just set a record for TDs. There's no doubt he deserved ROY
Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Is he putting his team in position to win games? No. As far as QB stats (and rushing isn't one) Dalton and Newton are equal with Dalton having the edge in INTs and Newton in passing yards. Dalton is tied for second in the league in 4th quarter comebacks, and is taking his team to the playoffs.

YOUTH MOVEMENT
Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
No he set the record for rushing tds by a QB Dalton is close to setting a record for passing tds.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
Yeah, Cam is no doubt the rookie of the year. Dalton had a chance to pull away but failed. Any other year he would be ROY
No a playoff win Dalton will be roty
Old 12-27-2011, 07:24 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Dunlap View Post

This is so off base, my brain has almost turned itself into goo.

First off, what makes you say Cam is "Me first" at all?
Secondly, how does he throw games away? He has arguably the worst defense AND special teams in the league, whereas Dalton gets one of the best defenses AND special teams in the league.
Dalton hasn't been terribly consistent. He is (statistically) one of the top 5 WORST QBs in the 4th quarter. In fact, he's throw game clinching picks against the Steelers, 49ers, and Ravens. Cam however, has always put up ridiculous statistics (And not 'just because' his team is always down)

Cam increases his team's chance to win dramatically. It's just that the rest of his team decreases it. Dalton increases the team's chance to win just a bit more than average QBs.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY DALTON HAS BEEN BAD, BUT PEOPLE WHO SAY CAM IS ANYTHING BUT BRILLIANT IS SHOWING OBVIOUS BIAS
Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7694

Hardly.

Carolina basically custom built their offense to drive the ball through Newton which is why he has so many rushing TDs. Newton also has a HOF receiver , 2 excellent receiving TEs and a much better OL than Andy does. Add in Carolina's schedule that has featured them playing bad defenses virtually nonstop all year and of course he has big numbers.

Dalton in contrast has done it with a rookie #1 WR, a bad interior OL and a below average run game. He has also faced much better defenses than Newton has. And with all that he is on the verge of the playoffs and Newton is going nowhere.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post

Secondly, how does he throw games away? He has arguably the worst defense AND special teams in the league, whereas Dalton gets one of the best defenses AND special teams in the league.
Dalton hasn't been terribly consistent. He is (statistically) one of the top 5 WORST QBs in the 4th quarter. In fact, he's throw game clinching picks against the Steelers, 49ers, and Ravens. Cam however, has always put up ridiculous statistics (And not 'just because' his team is always down)

Cam increases his team's chance to win dramatically. It's just that the rest of his team decreases it. Dalton increases the team's chance to win just a bit more than average QBs.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY DALTON HAS BEEN BAD, BUT PEOPLE WHO SAY CAM IS ANYTHING BUT BRILLIANT IS SHOWING OBVIOUS BIAS
What????? Who ever says dalton is barely better than average is crazy no offense. He is up there with newton in passing yards of all time by a rookie 4th behind marino manning Newton then Dalton also in TDS!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Hardly.

Carolina basically custom built their offense to drive the ball through Newton which is why he has so many rushing TDs. Newton also has a HOF receiver , 2 excellent receiving TEs and a much better OL than Andy does. Add in Carolina's schedule that has featured them playing bad defenses virtually nonstop all year and of course he has big numbers.

Dalton in contrast has done it with a rookie #1 WR, a bad interior OL and a below average run game. He has also faced much better defenses than Newton has. And with all that he is on the verge of the playoffs and Newton is going nowhere.
Agreed you have common since
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by havean View Post
What????? Who ever says dalton is barely better than average is crazy no offense. He is up there with newton in passing yards of all time by a rookie 4th behind marino manning Newton then Dalton also in TDS!
Now make an actual point. Dalton has played well as a rookie in a pass happy NFL. Yardage is not an accurate depiction of how good a QB is. Otherwise, people would say Brees is having a better year than Rodgers. Watch Newton and see the ridiculous throws few QBs can make. Watch as teams have to account for every facet of Cam (Deadly deep ball and great running ability) and you'll see why most teams would most definitely take Cam over Dalton.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

The reason why people say his defense ***** is because he puts them in that situation with turnovers! Cam gets stats in garbage time, nothing more. The offense around Cam from running backs, to line, to receivers (who bail him out constantly) is far superior to that of Dalton's, yet he is AHEAD of him in meaningful QB stats.

And the thing about losing in last second picks? He got them in the position to have a chance in the 4th quarter because of his play. I'll take 3 game costing picks when he's also making 4 fourth quarter comebacks. Calling his play average with him and his number one being a rookie and leading them to the playoffs is insane. You've bought into the media obsession with Cam.

YOUTH MOVEMENT
Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Now make an actual point. Dalton has played well as a rookie in a pass happy NFL. Yardage is not an accurate depiction of how good a QB is. Otherwise, people would say Brees is having a better year than Rodgers. Watch Newton and see the ridiculous throws few QBs can make. Watch as teams have to account for every facet of Cam (Deadly deep ball and great running ability) and you'll see why most teams would most definitely take Cam over Dalton.
His deep pass isn't as good as you think it is he has a WR that is very quick and a pro bowler. I am not saying he has a huge arm cause he does. Dalton also has a bigger arm than many think. He also mobile not as much as Cam but he is pretty quick Dalton is a Brees type and cam is like a vick 2.0. saying dalton is average is ignorant.ntm Dalton is whats called a accurate passer.

Last edited by havean; 12-27-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 81

Quote:

I would say him saying his team needed to get on his level is pretty "me first." I don't care how good you are, no one is good enough to call out a team like that, especially a rookie.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 137

Off topic but speaking of QB's
I read on the Raiders forums that their fans STILL have faith in Carson Palmer and say they can take us....

They also say the reason Andy is doing well is because we have had an easy schedule..
I'm not saying it didn't turn out to be easier during the first stretch but by no means is our schedule close to easy.

i've heard that opinions can't be wrong because they are opinions but saying Carson throwing 3 interceptions a game is better than our glorious Andy is cutting it close.

Andy > Carson.