Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-27-2011, 11:43 AM
BengalzHacker's Avatar
BengalzHacker BengalzHacker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 5,332
Rep Points: 11533
Default Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/20...000d5d82560c1b

Go vote for AD!!!

Who Dey!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,635
Rep Points: 7297
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
I'll drink to that!
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Tony33 Tony33 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 607
Rep Points: 494
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

I'm a BIG Dalton fan, but Cam deserves it this week.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-2011, 12:12 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,954
Rep Points: 36244
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
I'm a BIG Dalton fan, but Cam deserves it this week.
4 rushing TDs in a game to set the NFL record yeah cam will get it this week
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM
BengalzHacker's Avatar
BengalzHacker BengalzHacker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 5,332
Rep Points: 11533
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Bumpin' this for AD! Come on everyone vote all you can!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,939
Rep Points: 11149
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

I really hope AD gets Rookie of the Year. If he gets this team to the playoffs I think he should get it over Cam.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM
BengalzHacker's Avatar
BengalzHacker BengalzHacker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 5,332
Rep Points: 11533
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
I really hope AD gets Rookie of the Year. If he gets this team to the playoffs I think he should get it over Cam.
I agree but the media LOVES Cam. He can do no wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,939
Rep Points: 11149
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
I agree but the media LOVES Cam. He can do no wrong.
And by media you mean DEON, IRVING, and the rest of those fools on NFL Network. I know, it makes me crazy. Cam is a beast though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Mike M (the other one) Mike M (the other one) is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,122
Rep Points: 6203
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

I voted for Andy, but Cam will probably win it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,444
Rep Points: 73805
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
I really hope AD gets Rookie of the Year. If he gets this team to the playoffs I think he should get it over Cam.
Only Cam is 10x better than Dalton right now
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:13 PM
henrizzle's Avatar
henrizzle henrizzle is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,233
Rep Points: 1282
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Yeah, Cam is no doubt the rookie of the year. Dalton had a chance to pull away but failed. Any other year he would be ROY
__________________

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Carlos_Dunlap's Avatar
Carlos_Dunlap Carlos_Dunlap is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 149
Rep Points: 171
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Dalton deserves ROTY over Newton, but he won't get it. Newton is flashy and me first who has fumbled or thrown picks to lose a bunch of games for them. Dalton isn't flashy but he is consistent and is leading his team to a playoff bid.

Only stat Dalton cares about is wins, only award is the Lombardi Trophy.
__________________

YOUTH MOVEMENT
The only hope for this team!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:17 PM
momadance02's Avatar
momadance02 momadance02 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,085
Rep Points: 9244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Dunlap View Post
Dalton deserves ROTY over Newton, but he won't get it. Newton is flashy and me first who has fumbled or thrown picks to lose a bunch of games for them. Dalton isn't flashy but he is consistent and is leading his team to a playoff bid.

Only stat Dalton cares about is wins, only award is the Lombardi Trophy.
Newton just set a record for TDs. There's no doubt he deserved ROY
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Carlos_Dunlap's Avatar
Carlos_Dunlap Carlos_Dunlap is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 149
Rep Points: 171
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Newton just set a record for TDs. There's no doubt he deserved ROY
Is he putting his team in position to win games? No. As far as QB stats (and rushing isn't one) Dalton and Newton are equal with Dalton having the edge in INTs and Newton in passing yards. Dalton is tied for second in the league in 4th quarter comebacks, and is taking his team to the playoffs.
__________________

YOUTH MOVEMENT
The only hope for this team!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,713
Rep Points: 2244
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Newton just set a record for TDs. There's no doubt he deserved ROY
No he set the record for rushing tds by a QB Dalton is close to setting a record for passing tds.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,713
Rep Points: 2244
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
Yeah, Cam is no doubt the rookie of the year. Dalton had a chance to pull away but failed. Any other year he would be ROY
No a playoff win Dalton will be roty
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:24 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,444
Rep Points: 73805
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Dunlap View Post
Dalton deserves ROTY over Newton, but he won't get it. Newton is flashy and me first who has fumbled or thrown picks to lose a bunch of games for them. Dalton isn't flashy but he is consistent and is leading his team to a playoff bid.

Only stat Dalton cares about is wins, only award is the Lombardi Trophy.
This is so off base, my brain has almost turned itself into goo.

First off, what makes you say Cam is "Me first" at all?
Secondly, how does he throw games away? He has arguably the worst defense AND special teams in the league, whereas Dalton gets one of the best defenses AND special teams in the league.
Dalton hasn't been terribly consistent. He is (statistically) one of the top 5 WORST QBs in the 4th quarter. In fact, he's throw game clinching picks against the Steelers, 49ers, and Ravens. Cam however, has always put up ridiculous statistics (And not 'just because' his team is always down)

Cam increases his team's chance to win dramatically. It's just that the rest of his team decreases it. Dalton increases the team's chance to win just a bit more than average QBs.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY DALTON HAS BEEN BAD, BUT PEOPLE WHO SAY CAM IS ANYTHING BUT BRILLIANT IS SHOWING OBVIOUS BIAS
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Joelist's Avatar
Joelist Joelist is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Justice, IL
Posts: 4,798
Rep Points: 7694
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Hardly.

Carolina basically custom built their offense to drive the ball through Newton which is why he has so many rushing TDs. Newton also has a HOF receiver , 2 excellent receiving TEs and a much better OL than Andy does. Add in Carolina's schedule that has featured them playing bad defenses virtually nonstop all year and of course he has big numbers.

Dalton in contrast has done it with a rookie #1 WR, a bad interior OL and a below average run game. He has also faced much better defenses than Newton has. And with all that he is on the verge of the playoffs and Newton is going nowhere.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,713
Rep Points: 2244
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
This is so off base, my brain has almost turned itself into goo.

First off, what makes you say Cam is "Me first" at all?
Secondly, how does he throw games away? He has arguably the worst defense AND special teams in the league, whereas Dalton gets one of the best defenses AND special teams in the league.
Dalton hasn't been terribly consistent. He is (statistically) one of the top 5 WORST QBs in the 4th quarter. In fact, he's throw game clinching picks against the Steelers, 49ers, and Ravens. Cam however, has always put up ridiculous statistics (And not 'just because' his team is always down)

Cam increases his team's chance to win dramatically. It's just that the rest of his team decreases it. Dalton increases the team's chance to win just a bit more than average QBs.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY DALTON HAS BEEN BAD, BUT PEOPLE WHO SAY CAM IS ANYTHING BUT BRILLIANT IS SHOWING OBVIOUS BIAS
What????? Who ever says dalton is barely better than average is crazy no offense. He is up there with newton in passing yards of all time by a rookie 4th behind marino manning Newton then Dalton also in TDS!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:30 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,713
Rep Points: 2244
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Hardly.

Carolina basically custom built their offense to drive the ball through Newton which is why he has so many rushing TDs. Newton also has a HOF receiver , 2 excellent receiving TEs and a much better OL than Andy does. Add in Carolina's schedule that has featured them playing bad defenses virtually nonstop all year and of course he has big numbers.

Dalton in contrast has done it with a rookie #1 WR, a bad interior OL and a below average run game. He has also faced much better defenses than Newton has. And with all that he is on the verge of the playoffs and Newton is going nowhere.
Agreed you have common since
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,444
Rep Points: 73805
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havean View Post
What????? Who ever says dalton is barely better than average is crazy no offense. He is up there with newton in passing yards of all time by a rookie 4th behind marino manning Newton then Dalton also in TDS!
Now make an actual point. Dalton has played well as a rookie in a pass happy NFL. Yardage is not an accurate depiction of how good a QB is. Otherwise, people would say Brees is having a better year than Rodgers. Watch Newton and see the ridiculous throws few QBs can make. Watch as teams have to account for every facet of Cam (Deadly deep ball and great running ability) and you'll see why most teams would most definitely take Cam over Dalton.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Carlos_Dunlap's Avatar
Carlos_Dunlap Carlos_Dunlap is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 149
Rep Points: 171
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
This is so off base, my brain has almost turned itself into goo.

First off, what makes you say Cam is "Me first" at all?
Secondly, how does he throw games away? He has arguably the worst defense AND special teams in the league, whereas Dalton gets one of the best defenses AND special teams in the league.
Dalton hasn't been terribly consistent. He is (statistically) one of the top 5 WORST QBs in the 4th quarter. In fact, he's throw game clinching picks against the Steelers, 49ers, and Ravens. Cam however, has always put up ridiculous statistics (And not 'just because' his team is always down)

Cam increases his team's chance to win dramatically. It's just that the rest of his team decreases it. Dalton increases the team's chance to win just a bit more than average QBs.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY DALTON HAS BEEN BAD, BUT PEOPLE WHO SAY CAM IS ANYTHING BUT BRILLIANT IS SHOWING OBVIOUS BIAS
The reason why people say his defense ***** is because he puts them in that situation with turnovers! Cam gets stats in garbage time, nothing more. The offense around Cam from running backs, to line, to receivers (who bail him out constantly) is far superior to that of Dalton's, yet he is AHEAD of him in meaningful QB stats.

And the thing about losing in last second picks? He got them in the position to have a chance in the 4th quarter because of his play. I'll take 3 game costing picks when he's also making 4 fourth quarter comebacks. Calling his play average with him and his number one being a rookie and leading them to the playoffs is insane. You've bought into the media obsession with Cam.
__________________

YOUTH MOVEMENT
The only hope for this team!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 PM
havean's Avatar
havean havean is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,713
Rep Points: 2244
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Now make an actual point. Dalton has played well as a rookie in a pass happy NFL. Yardage is not an accurate depiction of how good a QB is. Otherwise, people would say Brees is having a better year than Rodgers. Watch Newton and see the ridiculous throws few QBs can make. Watch as teams have to account for every facet of Cam (Deadly deep ball and great running ability) and you'll see why most teams would most definitely take Cam over Dalton.
His deep pass isn't as good as you think it is he has a WR that is very quick and a pro bowler. I am not saying he has a huge arm cause he does. Dalton also has a bigger arm than many think. He also mobile not as much as Cam but he is pretty quick Dalton is a Brees type and cam is like a vick 2.0. saying dalton is average is ignorant.ntm Dalton is whats called a accurate passer.
__________________

Last edited by havean; 12-27-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
rube29 rube29 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 119
Rep Points: 81
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
This is so off base, my brain has almost turned itself into goo.

First off, what makes you say Cam is "Me first" at all?
Secondly, how does he throw games away? He has arguably the worst defense AND special teams in the league, whereas Dalton gets one of the best defenses AND special teams in the league.
Dalton hasn't been terribly consistent. He is (statistically) one of the top 5 WORST QBs in the 4th quarter. In fact, he's throw game clinching picks against the Steelers, 49ers, and Ravens. Cam however, has always put up ridiculous statistics (And not 'just because' his team is always down)

Cam increases his team's chance to win dramatically. It's just that the rest of his team decreases it. Dalton increases the team's chance to win just a bit more than average QBs.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY DALTON HAS BEEN BAD, BUT PEOPLE WHO SAY CAM IS ANYTHING BUT BRILLIANT IS SHOWING OBVIOUS BIAS

I would say him saying his team needed to get on his level is pretty "me first." I don't care how good you are, no one is good enough to call out a team like that, especially a rookie.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-28-2011, 05:50 AM
WhoDeyDerrick's Avatar
WhoDeyDerrick WhoDeyDerrick is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 90
Rep Points: 137
Default Re: Andy Dalton Up For Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Off topic but speaking of QB's
I read on the Raiders forums that their fans STILL have faith in Carson Palmer and say they can take us....

They also say the reason Andy is doing well is because we have had an easy schedule..
I'm not saying it didn't turn out to be easier during the first stretch but by no means is our schedule close to easy.

i've heard that opinions can't be wrong because they are opinions but saying Carson throwing 3 interceptions a game is better than our glorious Andy is cutting it close.


Andy > Carson.
__________________
"They face raped him" -Dave Lapham
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.