Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Rep Points: 25153
Default NFL Playoffs: Musicians Make The Picks

HOUSTON TEXANS (Slim Thug) vs. CINCINNATI BENGALS (Hi-Tek)
LINK:

Although the Bengals are relying on a rookie quarterback, Andy Dalton, to lead them through the postseason, the Houston Texans must lean on a third-string quarterback, T.J. Yates, to guide their normally formidable offense. Houston rapper Slim Thug is happy to see his squad finally punch their ticket to the postseason, while hip-hop producer Hi-Tek thinks the Bengals could surprise some teams in the playoffs.

Slim Thug, Houston Texans Fan

The Texans had a great season going, but then quarterback Matt Schaub gets hurt and their backup Matt Leinart gets hurt, so now they're playing their third-stringer, T.J. Yates. Are you still confident in this team with Yates under center?

I gotta be confident. I mean, we lost Mario [Williams] too. But Dre [Andre Johnson] is back, and I think Dre could catch the ball if I was quarterback, so it doesn't matter. And if T.J. Yates shows up… I still have faith, especially against the Bengals. We're gonna make it past this week, for sure.

So you're not scared of Andy Dalton and A.J. Green?

Nah, I believe in my Texans. As long as we got [Arian] Foster out there, as long as we got Dre out there, I think we got a chance.

And the Texans' defense has really stepped it up this year, with Brian Cushing and Jonathan Joseph leading the charge.

Exactly. And we're still missing Mario! Just imagine if we had all our real players -- we probably would have had a perfect season! (laughs) We lost a couple of them, but I'm still not scared at all. We're gonna beat them Bengals for sure -- we're gonna beat the stripes off the Bengals!

Realistically, how far do you see these Texans going? Because after the Bengals, they'll have to play the Ravens, and then maybe the Patriots…

That might be a little tougher. But with Dre and Foster out there for us… I just believe in them so much, and I think we can pull it off.

This is the first time the franchise has ever made the playoffs. What does it mean to the city of Houston for them to get over that hump?

It means that we're finally established. For a long time we were a new team, and for so many seasons we had a lot of heartbreak. And now we're starting to become a solid team, and I think, next year, we're definitely gonna go to the Super Bowl. When everybody's right, we're going all the way.

Hi-Tek, Cincinnati Bengals Fan

The Bengals have a bunch of rookies and weren't expected to contend this year, but snuck into the playoffs. Were you surprised?

I loved this whole season, because it showed that it's not really about the names or celebrity, but about being a great team. And those rookies have promising futures as long as they stay focused, and they'll be a team that continues to get into the playoffs.

Their matchup against the Texans this week is pretty interesting -- they're a solid team, but their starting quarterback, Matt Schaub, is out for the year.

And we lost the last game we played against them by a point [20-19 on Dec. 11]. We were supposed to win that game, and we kind of let up. I think we should come out victorious on this one, though.

If they do beat the Bengals, how far do you think they can go in the playoffs?

In reality, I think we can win a couple of games and surprise a couple of teams. You never know -- the way the season has gone, things have been really unpredictable, with a lot of the teams you'd never expect to win beating better teams.

What team is the best bet to win the Super Bowl this year?

I'd have to go with Green Bay. I thought Detroit was a tough team, but Green Bay's backup [Matt Flynn] played against them last week and put some points on the board. They're gonna be tough to beat.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6355
Default Re: NFL Playoffs: Musicians Make The Picks

I have no idea who either of these people are, nor why their opinions should matter.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
I have no idea who either of these people are, nor why their opinions should matter.

I'd heard of Hi-Tek (probably because he is from Cincinnati) but hadn't ever heard of Slim Thug.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Rep Points: 25153

"Dirty South"...that just sounds nasty...
Old 01-06-2012, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1611

oh..i thought the thread said "musicians"

"[If I were a quarterback and Ivan Drago from Rocky IV was comin' after me, I would feel] scared." - My mom
Props to Bengalholic for the sig and Trademark for the Avatar
Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41234

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
So you don't know them, you don't care, yet we should care why your opinion should matter? Interesting......
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASBengalfan View Post
oh..i thought the thread said "musicians"
I came here to post this...
Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2767

I thought this thread was about the opinions of musicians
Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 87

Slim Thug is world renowned for both his "slim" build as well as his dominant "Thug" presence and allegiance.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDBengals41 View Post
I came here to post this...
great minds think alike

guess ours do too ;p

"[If I were a quarterback and Ivan Drago from Rocky IV was comin' after me, I would feel] scared." - My mom
Props to Bengalholic for the sig and Trademark for the Avatar
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22522

To call these guys "musicians" is a hard kick in the nads to anyone who ever took the time to become a musician.