Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3165
Default Peyton in Stripes

I know that there is more of a chance for us to get Richardson then Peyton to come to CIncinnati. Both actaully are more than likely not going to happen. But nonetheless it is still entertaining to dream. So with that said, who would like to see him come to Cincinnati and what are your thoughts?

For the record I am a huge Dalton supporter and think he is the future. This is merely for entertainment.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3517
Default Re: Peyton in Stripes

Peyton in black and orange? not going to happen.

I can see him going to the Cowboys.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 83419

Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1595

"Seahawks willing to spend big for Manning" end of discussion.

Even if that report didnt come out I would still say no. Andy is our qb and I stand by that. So all that Manning would be here for is a overpaid backup which is something Peyton doesnt want either
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10779

The Raiders need a QB... the guy they have tends to quit midseason.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34624

GET YA POPCORN READY!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals41 View Post

Even if that report didnt come out I would still say no. Andy is our qb and I stand by that. So all that Manning would be here for is a overpaid backup which is something Peyton doesnt want either

I support Andy as well but you are crazy to believe that if Peyton Manning was healthy that he would be a backup to Andy. That is nuts.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hopeful View Post
I support Andy as well but you are crazy to believe that if Peyton Manning was healthy that he would be a backup to Andy. That is nuts.
Agreed on that. Peyton is a backup to no one. But we're set on Andy which is why there is literally zero percent chance Peyton comes here.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1588

Really it makes me feel sick to picture Peyton anywhere except Indy....but it's going to happen.

Sadly, I see him going to the Jets.

But no, I wouldn't want him in Cincinnati even if he signs for $1. Greatest QB of all time, but not the future of any team.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HearUsRoar View Post
Agreed on that. Peyton is a backup to no one. But we're set on Andy which is why there is literally zero percent chance Peyton comes here.

I agree that we are set on Andy, however, I do not think there is completely a zero percent chance of him coming here.

If you truly think about it, he can go where ever he wants. What would stop him from knocking on our door saying "hey, I want to play for you" Now I know this is extremely far fetched but not a 0% chance of happening.

WE are close to his current residence, closer than anyother team and if he was spiteful and wanted to stick it to the Colts owner Jim Irsay he could play for the Bengals and steal 1/3 of thier fans....lol

It would actually be a great move as far as PR goes on MB part because he would gain immensley in attendance and increase his fan base 10 fold just on proximity alone.

Also, what other team has the ability to afford him and still go after additional elite players with 2 forst round picks?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Really it makes me feel sick to picture Peyton anywhere except Indy....but it's going to happen.

But no, I wouldn't want him in Cincinnati even if he signs for $1. Greatest QB of all time, but not the future of any team.

I am sorry but I would love to have him on our team if there was any possibilty.

You would be passing up the opportunity to rebuild a franchise immediately and at the same time have every QB on your team get a flood of incredible knowledge.

I Love AD, I think he is a great player and want him in Cincy for the next 10 yrs. However, even he wouldnt want to plass on teh opportunity to learn from one of the greats first hand.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34624

Quote:

Why does everyone think the Jets? Because they play in New York? Peyton won't want the Jets. Does anyone remember the meltdown they had at the end of last season? Santonio Holmes quit on the team, the locker room was a mess, Rex Ryan is a loud mouth etc etc. Why would Peyton want to join that mess?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2767

Won't happen for a variety of reasons, but the biggest one will be the money Peyton will command relative to his demand from other teams. Brown simply won't spend that kind of dough to bring him here.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
I agree that we are set on Andy, however, I do not think there is completely a zero percent chance of him coming here.

If you truly think about it, he can go where ever he wants. What would stop him from knocking on our door saying "hey, I want to play for you" Now I know this is extremely far fetched but not a 0% chance of happening.

WE are close to his current residence, closer than anyother team and if he was spiteful and wanted to stick it to the Colts owner Jim Irsay he could play for the Bengals and steal 1/3 of thier fans....lol

It would actually be a great move as far as PR goes on MB part because he would gain immensley in attendance and increase his fan base 10 fold just on proximity alone.

Also, what other team has the ability to afford him and still go after additional elite players with 2 forst round picks?
You're looking at this with the wrong lens. Yes, Peyton could go anywhere and say I want to be your QB. That's not the issue. The issue is where would he want to go. In my opinion there are much more viable options for Peyton than Cincinnati.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

I'd bench Andy for Peyton in a heartbeat.

With that said, it won't happen.

GET SOME COLD CUTS!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1595

Quote:
I wasnt saying that Andy is better then Peyton. Im just saying that Andy is our qb, he's the future and we're not going to put him on the sidelines for a year. Therefore the only reason to bring in Peyton would be for a backup spot, which of course wont happen. Thats all I was trying to say.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I am sorry but I would love to have him on our team if there was any possibilty.

You would be passing up the opportunity to rebuild a franchise immediately and at the same time have every QB on your team get a flood of incredible knowledge.

I Love AD, I think he is a great player and want him in Cincy for the next 10 yrs. However, even he wouldnt want to plass on teh opportunity to learn from one of the greats first hand.
Rebuild the franchise immediately? With 1 player? One 36 year old player? I don't call "rebuilding" signing older players. Yes, Peyton Manning is an all-time great. However, you rebuild through the draft.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
GET YA POPCORN READY!

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 03-07-2012, 12:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1539

i said this late last night on the board and i knew it was coming ... who wants Peyton Manning in Cincinnati . my comment last night was , whoever is the person who brings up this thread should be banned from the board for life . so congrats mr hopeful you are banned for life !!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Why does everyone think the Jets? Because they play in New York? Peyton won't want the Jets. Does anyone remember the meltdown they had at the end of last season? Santonio Holmes quit on the team, the locker room was a mess, Rex Ryan is a loud mouth etc etc. Why would Peyton want to join that mess?
Because he would solve that mess. Because Sanchez is the cause of the mess and Rex doesn't even believe in him so why would the players? With Manning, the Jets become immediate SB contenders and Rex has to do something to cash that check his mouth has been writing since he got there. And don't for a second think that playing in NY wouldn't be appealing to Peyton.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Because he would solve that mess. Because Sanchez is the cause of the mess and Rex doesn't even believe in him so why would the players? With Manning, the Jets become immediate SB contenders and Rex has to do something to cash that check his mouth has been writing since he got there. And don't for a second think that playing in NY wouldn't be appealing to Peyton.
The Jets were my first guess too. I've since heard a lot of compelling info that may draw him to Arizona, so my head says Cardinals. But my gut still says the Jets.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals41 View Post

Seattle seems a bit far-fetched to me.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Rebuild the franchise immediately? With 1 player? One 36 year old player? I don't call "rebuilding" signing older players. Yes, Peyton Manning is an all-time great. However, you rebuild through the draft.

Rebuilding by changing the way the organization was percieved.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HearUsRoar View Post
The Jets were my first guess too. I've since heard a lot of compelling info that may draw him to Arizona, so my head says Cardinals. But my gut still says the Jets.
No way he goes to the Cards. They just spent half their payroll on Kevin Kolb.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 3749

Miami

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...o-sign-manning