Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3431
Default Seattle looking to trade down from 12. Trade up for Kulchey?

The article is below what I wrote in. The jump is actually not that much.

12th pick is worth 1200
17th pick is 950
a 250 point difference.

21st pick is worth 800
a 350 pt difference.
2nd rd pick is worth 370 our
3rd rd pick is worth 165
4th rd pick is worth 60
Rey Maluaga
Keith Rivers
Seattle needs help at Linebacker. But what if they want to trade down to aquire more picks? What if we could dangle a Linebacker in front with a pick.

TIME TO PLAY GM
Seattle wants to trade down. You have the 17th or even 21st pick to trade.
I offer Rivers or Rey and the 17th pick for the 12th and 5th rd.
Or I offer 21st Rey or Rivers and maybe 4th rd for 12th and 5th to grab Kulechy.

That's my opinion.
What is yours?

Here is the article.

The Seattle Seahawks filled their need for a QB option to compete with Tarvaris Jackson by signing Matt Flynn in free agency, and ensured that they'll have a nice option in the backfield by extending their business relationship with Marshawn Lynch. But there are needs remaining both on offense and defense, particularly after they lost LB David Hawthorne this week.

We discussed how they could fill the LB void in a post earlier this week, and one of the ways is by using their first-round pick (No. 12 overall) on either BC's Luke Kuechly or Alabama's Dont'a Hightower.

Tony Pauline of TFY Draft Insider reports word from multiple sources that the Seahawks are enamored with Hightower, but want to try and trade down to pick up some additional picks while still getting him (as opposed to just taking him at 12). Pauline adds that the team is also considering taking Alabama S Mark Barron and moving current safety Kam Chancellor to LB, a counter-intuitive strategy given that Chancellor made the Pro Bowl at safety this past season.

As for the trade idea, the key will be finding a team that wants to move up to the Seahawks' spot. In order for that to happen, a prospect that is highly desirable (to at least one team) must fall to that spot. One possible example would be Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill. In the event that he makes it through the gauntlet of Cleveland, Miami and K.C., teams that view him as an intriguing project QB (but that already have a starter in place) could come calling.
Yes I give them credit for trying. But now we're gonna have another hole to fill if he goes to Green Bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Personally, I want a QB who sacrifices a small animal to the almighty Cthulu after scoring.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23720
Default Re: Seattle looking to trade down from 12. Trade up for Kulchey?

From the Front Page

Quote:
MIDDLE LINEBACKER
When the Bengals selected Rey Maualuga in 2009, the plan had been to groom him at the “SAM” linebacker spot until he was ready to take over the reigns in the middle. Though he has made some strides on the field, Maualuga has struggled to shake off an off-field reputation. Whether Lewis & Co. will be open to adding a potential starter is up to speculation.

If Cincinnati truly has grown impatient with Maualuga, Boston College’s Luke Kuechly will be a factor into the first-round mix. A local product with exceptional football character, there is not much to dislike about the NCAA’s reigning leader in tackles. Equipped with size, speed, range and rare instincts for the position, Kuechly is considered one of the safest picks in this draft class. In the second round, California’s Mychal Kendricks is another that projects as an immediate starter in the NFL. While he lacks prototypical height, he makes up for his shortcomings in size with sideline-to-sideline speed, awareness and enticing potential as a blitzing inside linebacker.
Rey and our #17 or #21 for their #12, as I've been suggesting/pleading.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 46912

It depends on how the draft is looking, on the day of the show. I'm sure that there has to be several dozen prospective deals on the table, prior to the draft. But, when teams select players in an order that wasn't predicted, all is for naught.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19753

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
From the Front Page

Shady you and I rarely agree, but I always respect your opinion! Since we agree therefore it must happen! I want him so bad. Marvin looking for his Rey Lewis. Thats his Rey lewis right there.
Yes I give them credit for trying. But now we're gonna have another hole to fill if he goes to Green Bay.
Quote:
Personally, I want a QB who sacrifices a small animal to the almighty Cthulu after scoring.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24280
bengals Re: Seattle looking to trade down from 12. Trade up for Kulchey?

Absolutely not and what a waste it would be. Kuechly is a good young player but the love for him on these boards is borderline delusional.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23720

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqhybrid25 View Post
Shady you and I rarely agree, but I always respect your opinion! Since we agree therefore it must happen! I want him so bad. Marvin looking for his Rey Lewis. Thats his Rey lewis right there.
Ha. Well then, let's mark this date in our calendars. We finally agree on something.

Actually, we agree more than you might think, maybe I've been remiss in awarding rep to you. If so, my apologies. You always post good stuff.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5523

Quote:
Marvin looking for his Rey Lewis. Thats his Rey lewis right there.
Wait he killed someone ?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
My draft scenario moves closer to reality! If Seattle is so desperate for a linebacker that they would take a stud Safety fresh off a probowl birth and move him to linebacker; then lets see if Pete would like Rivers back on his team.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 04-05-2012, 04:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Ha. Well then, let's mark this date in our calendars. We finally agree on something.

Actually, we agree more than you might think, maybe I've been remiss in awarding rep to you. If so, my apologies. You always post good stuff.
Tis true. lol. I just like to think like the Bengals. "The world is Against me, I'm going to prove them wrong." Dalton is inspiring lol
Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

I'd definitely trade the 21st and Rey for the 12th pick. Everyone knows Kuechly has much better measurables and intangibles than Maualuga, so this trade should be a no-brainer.

If not Kuechly at 12, we'd pretty much be guaranteed to get DeCastro, then we can either take Hightower at 17 or trade down and get extra picks. If we're really lucky, Kuechly will fall to 17 if Seattle trades down to 21.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
From the Front Page

So you would make that trade and then use #12 on Kuechly?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 46912

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
So you would make that trade and then use #12 on Kuechly?
Yep, and hopefully they would sign him to an unprecedented 12 year contract. MLB position solved for at least the next decade.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Did you seriously mention Kuechly in the same sentence with Ray Lewis? Sorry but that is madness and there is nothing remotely similar in their games. There is absolutely zero about Kuechly that should remind anyone of Ray Lewis. I think you may be over selling just a little bit here.

We were one of the top teams in the league against the run until Sims and Rey were injured. So maybe Rey is not as bad as you are trying to make him out to be. There are certainly many other areas where you could GREATLY improve this team before you worried about MLB.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Yep, and hopefully they would sign him to an unprecedented 12 year contract. MLB position solved for at least the next decade.

LMAO......well the way some people are selling him on these boards why would you not. Let's see he has already been called Ray Lewis in this thread. We might as well just have his bust sent to Canton. Why even wait to see him play a single down in the NFL?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8420

Quote:
Did you seriously mention Kuechly in the same sentence with Ray Lewis? Sorry but that is madness and there is nothing remotely similar in their games. There is absolutely zero about Kuechly that should remind anyone of Ray Lewis. I think you may be over selling just a little bit here.

We were one of the top teams in the league against the run until Sims and Rey were injured. So maybe Rey is not as bad as you are trying to make him out to be. There are certainly many other areas where you could GREATLY improve this team before you worried about MLB.
Thank you for bringing sanity into this thread.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Thank you for bringing sanity into this thread.
You are welcome. I do think Kuechly is a fine football player but he is being grossly over sold by many on these boards. There are so many other ways we could greatly improve this football team in areas that were TRUE weaknesses.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25114

I think the best comparisons for Kuechly are Brian Urlacher and Jon Beason.
Ive made the Urlacher one and someone I know made the Beason one.
I like and understand both.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3793

A. We have bigger needs.
B. Kuechly is solid but not a can't miss player.
C. Dont'a Hightower could very well be there at 21 and be a better, more rounded MLB.
D. Although everyone hates him Maualuga is solid when fit.

So, no thanks.

Forever indebted to NashvilleBengalfan for his stroke of artistic genius.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25114

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBengal View Post
A. We have bigger needs.
B. Kuechly is solid but not a can't miss player.
C. Dont'a Hightower could very well be there at 21 and be a better, more rounded MLB.
D. Although everyone hates him Maualuga is solid when fit.

So, no thanks.
No. Just no.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3197

Quote:
From the Front Page

If you could pull it off for Rey and the 21, I'd be thrilled.....
Old 04-05-2012, 06:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Absolutely not and what a waste it would be. Kuechly is a good young player but the love for him on these boards is borderline delusional.
I can see where you're coming from...but if you want delusional, look no further than St. DeCastro, the Patron Saint of Offensive Guards....his mere presence will transform any running back we could possibly sign into a 30 ypc BEAST.....suddenly, Andy will have 60 minutes in the pocket on every passing play....He will be in the ProBowl every year....St. DeCastro shall lead us to the Super Bowl....and a rainbow will appear over Paul Brown Stadium and will linger there until St. DeCastro moves it with his incredible rainbow blocking skills.

...and surely his disciples shall come and smite me for besmirching his legendary awesomeness.

Last edited by Murphy; 04-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I can see where you're coming from...but if you want delusional, look no further than St. DeCastro, the Patron Saint of Offensive Guards....his mere presence will transform any running back we could possibly sign into a 30 ypc BEAST.....suddenly, Andy will have 60 minutes in the pocket on every passing play....He will be in the ProBowl every year....St. DeCastro shall lead us to the Super Bowl....and a rainbow will appear over Paul Brown Stadium and will linger there until St. DeCastro moves it with his incredible rainbow blocking skills.

...and surely his disciples shall come and smite me for besmirching his legendary awesomeness.
You jest, but DeCastro is the best guard prospect to come out since Steve Hutchinson, and him being a multiple pro-bowler/all-pro isn't far fetched at all. Every part of his game is elite, and he will make any team he goes to better. How much better remains to be seen, but he's definitely worth any pick he's taken at.

Oh, and I'm not mad, frustrated, perturbed, or any synonym of upset.

Last edited by shaolinghost; 04-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
You jest, but DeCastro is the best guard prospect to come out since Steve Hutchinson, and him being a multiple pro-bowler/all-pro isn't far fetched at all. Every part of his game is elite, and he will make any team he goes to better. How much better remains to be seen, but he's definitely worth any pick he's taken at.

Oh, and I'm not mad, frustrated, perturbed, or any synonym of upset. :)
and if/when he is drafted, I will sacrifice a virgin AND a goat.....possibly a virgin goat...to appease the Almighty DeCastro.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

From watching games I would buy this in DeCastro over Kuechly as the next Ray Lewis.